Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
The removes event modifier ability is actually pretty great. It just knocked 50 points down in each category for a final 10/10 admiralty job I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Burning_Monk posted:

The removes event modifier ability is actually pretty great. It just knocked 50 points down in each category for a final 10/10 admiralty job I got.

Yeah it is. And this's a small craft with 5 minute maintenance time.

Edit: y'know, now that admirality is basically worthless to my progress. But still.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Nice little ship.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aleth posted:

The giveaway is working now for the next couple of days so go get your:

Or don't. Whatever. :shrug:

In a better game, I'd give kudos to the devs for making this the perfect ship to deal with 'borg transwarp gateway' events.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Aleth posted:

The giveaway is working now for the next couple of days so go get your:

Or don't. Whatever. :shrug:

P2W bullshit!!!!!1111

Oh it's free.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Burning_Monk posted:

That's actually fairly brilliant particularly if you've focused most of your ship purchases on Fedside and are trying to do Admiralty on a Klank. Being a Klingon admiral is a deeply sad experience, even with most of the event ships unlocked.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, even romulans at least get to use lowbie fed or klank ships too. As it is, klingon admirality is just sad.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It works well for me but I have loads of lockbox ships and I know that this is definitely not normal. 90% of players are unlikely to be able to keep all ten slots filled on a daily basis.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

-Troika- posted:

It works well for me but I have loads of lockbox ships and I know that this is definitely not normal. 90% of players are unlikely to be able to keep all ten slots filled on a daily basis.

I struggle with the five or six I have access to right now.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, even romulans at least get to use lowbie fed or klank ships too. As it is, klingon admirality is just sad.

Third world problems.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Just you wait, the Feds will fall under the sway of yet another shapechanging race and the Empire will have to step in and save your sorry arses all over again. :black101:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Aleth posted:

Just you wait, the Feds will fall under the sway of yet another shapechanging race and the Empire will have to step in and save your sorry arses all over again. :black101:

Last I checked a combined Romulan-Cardassian group saved DS9. Klanks were nowhere to be found :colbert:

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

Zoerp fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 4, 2016

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Hey can I get back in with my Trek goons, currently jarrai@neverdave.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

quote:

[Local] Gabriela@captainkenway55: the sad thing is that you guys actualy think youre annoying us lol
He said, as they all moved to a bridge and refused to invite me. :(

david... posted:

Hey can I get back in with my Trek goons, currently jarrai@neverdave.
You've been invited.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
God drat I wish I could get my GM account enabled already! So lucky.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Axe-man posted:

God drat I wish I could get my GM account enabled already! So lucky.

Wait your turn. The queue is there for a reason.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

He said, as they all moved to a bridge and refused to invite me. :(
You've been invited.

It is an odd thing that pubbies equate running away to stunning success against the trolls. The other day I witnessed a radio party on Risa. I was floating nearby and went AFK for quite some time. When I returned, there was no one around and, a few minutes before, I had received a message stating something to the effect of "Ha! Silly Nbreeki! Have fun trolling yourself while we're having fun on a bridge!"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Simply logging on is the worst act of trolling in STO to those pubbies.

They're the hero. They're the Mary Sue Kirk knockoff. They're the ones jerking it to their orion bridge bunnies in slave bikinis. What the gently caress are you doing in their fantasy adventure ruining their :immersion: and/or jerk session? gently caress YOU. Troll griefer hacker stalker rapist goon.

Basically.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Sadly logging in is also the worst thing you can do to yourself.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Morglon posted:

Sadly logging in is also the worst thing you can do to yourself.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

https://m.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4da9fb/this_is_not_funny_anymore/

Thread title: This is not funny anymore
Content: Very loving funny

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

SKY COQ posted:

Avengath posted:

On the few occasions I have witnessed it personally, it has always been an T5 Odyssey (swept-back pylons). The ship is 1:30 scale model of an Oddy (supposed to be 1000 m long), about 20 meters long (from the player's perspective).
Oh dear...

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SKY COQ posted:

quote:

This got to a point that we could tolerate it no longer and logged out to come back later.

I love that he decided that the answer was to log out in a rage, not simply just change instances.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's even better!

Redditor posted:

My 14 year old daughter just started playing the game and first her character was at ESD for the first time, with mine at the mailbox, to collect gear that I crafted and mailed to her - for her first ship. (...)
Yes, yes I believe that. This totally isn't transparent bullshit they made up to garner sympathy. :jerkbag:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

fakemirage posted:

Oh dear...

Even the Redditors didn't care, hes been downvoted everywhere.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh look, we're getting the assimilated cruiser admiralty card they accidentally uploaded the other day.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 4, 2016

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
That reddit thread about the ship on ESD is getting better and better. Before, he was getting downvoted and told to suck it up, now the usual suspects are uniting against the evil Dentals. One poster referenced the "suffering" of the OP during that ordeal, and when asked to point out the "suffering", said this:

quote:

I believe the "suffering" would likely come under three headings: Theft, Lack of Empathy and Lack of Consent. Theft because the usability of the item is being degraded. If a paid account, there is the removal of paid time. Paid or free, there is the removal of personal time. Empathy, because such trolling is usually done for one's own needs without consideration of the needs of others. If I found it funny to cut a telcom wire to your house, would there be really any "suffering"? After all, just twist the wires back together. And, Consent, because in a situation where folks are placed together (by choice or force), consent places the well-being of each individual on a level that promotes minimal hostilities. Very bad things have resulted from amazingly minor provocations. After all, why run a motor without lube? The friction will tear it apart far faster than if it had been given a little friction reduction.

Just some food for thought.

Also, Lootcritter is still pretty mad that someone dropped a disco ball on Qonos like three years ago and ruined his immersion.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Wait. Did he bring out the rape card for a spaceship?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Acer Pilot posted:

Wait. Did he bring out the rape card for a spaceship?

Some how he turned the term "consent" into the butterfly effect. "Very bad things have resulted from amazingly minor provocations." ... so it's minor then?

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I played STO once and it caused me to sever all ties with my family. The man knows what he's talking about.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Burning_Monk posted:

Some how he turned the term "consent" into the butterfly effect. "Very bad things have resulted from amazingly minor provocations." ... so it's minor then?

Oh that thread has all of that. One guy compared the ship on ESD to people ERPing with minors. It's all the same to them.

On another note, Trendy's volunteer bug hunter team gets really, really territorial on the forums when other people try to give constructive advice on how to handle gameplay bugs.

darkbladejk posted:

Nabreeki while we appreciate the recording software recommendations please leave this to us. be it a cheat, bug or what have you, we will deal with it as is our job.

darkbladejk posted:

What I am saying is that this statement, was incendiary and weather intended or not served no purpose other than to confuse the OP, and when it comes to determining, what is Bug, Cheat, Exploit, and or Bad Code. Confusion is something we don't really want, nor something we can afford, as it increases the amount of work needed to resolve the situation.

So Feel free to stick around if you want, but try and be helpful, and maybe leave the editorializing until after we actually figure out what the cause is?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1213699/how-can-i-record-a-video

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DonDoodles posted:

Oh that thread has all of that. One guy compared the ship on ESD to people ERPing with minors. It's all the same to them.

On another note, Trendy's volunteer bug hunter team gets really, really territorial on the forums when other people try to give constructive advice on how to handle gameplay bugs.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1213699/how-can-i-record-a-video

lmao at the one guy telling Nabreeki to knock it off for telling buddy to record it, then follows up with "Third, Totally try recording some footage."

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Yeah, name one incident where deputizing random rear end in a top hat hasn't blown up in people's faces. I mean poo poo people power trip over the tiniest amount over power ever given to any human being.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I posted the exchange on twitter and one of them sent me a message saying my advice was good, but they took offense at my post because they felt I was demeaning their bug hunter group by calling them "white knights."

So really, they were completely fine with my advice of "report everyone on your team to the GMs as many times as possible", but they thought I was insulting their esteemed position and lashed out.

Edit: Dental should make their own independent "bug busting" team, get matching forum sigs, and just post the shittiest advice to players. These guys will go ballistic not because we're making things worse on the players, but because they'll literally feel threatened that their forum prestige will diminish.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 5, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Edit: Dental should make their own independent "bug busting" team, get matching forum sigs, and just post the shittiest advice to players.

It'll make them more pissed if we give better advice than they do, I think. Especially if we correct every one of their mistakes.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

Edit: Dental should make their own independent "bug busting" team, get matching forum sigs, and just post the shittiest advice to players. These guys will go ballistic not because we're making things worse on the players, but because they'll literally feel threatened that their forum prestige will diminish.
I think it's less about the advice in general and more about the having anything to say about bugs, since it's their domain and basis of worth.

quote:

[Local] Scott@altran3301: YES!
[Local] Amber@devi78: getting banned for sure on that one just saying
[Local] Scott@altran3301: My wish came true!
[Zone] Pre'Vert@Pappy02us: Huh... Now there's something you don't see everyday.
[Local] Italia@kasper239: true :3
[Local] Norexa@swiftlippin: gives nice neon lighting
[Local] Norexa@swiftlippin: does the beach say no iconian heralds?
[Local] Norexa@swiftlippin: didnt think so
[Local] Norexa@swiftlippin: racist.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659692999
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659818984
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659783187

quote:

[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: vonph in esd
[RedditChat] Yvette-Regine@choromyslny: IN?
[RedditChat] Alice@malbolgiea: report him and move on
[RedditChat] Yvette-Regine@choromyslny: what instance
[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: #14
[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: this is so cool
[RedditChat] Yvette-Regine@choromyslny: holy crap that's big

[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: http://i.imgur.com/j3BHWUd.png
[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: i have to say that the vonph deflector looks really pretty close up

[RedditChat] Hohenheim@topaboss: my favorite part about this screen shot is the space equipment vendor asking the vonph "May I help you?" http://i.imgur.com/leNnfjf.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659690234

quote:

[8:33] [RedditChat] Mr Lizard@envyfb: le fook
[8:34] [RedditChat] Mr Lizard@envyfb: theres a vonph ship in the middle of ds9
[8:34] [RedditChat] Sezri Tor@Niktuku: Rofl. He named himself Herald.
[8:40] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: stuck vonph is stuck
[8:41] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: Vonph's bio: "I SEE YOU"
[8:41] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: there are three vonphs now
[8:41] [RedditChat] Jhymel@emzi0767: peekaboo
[8:41] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: THERE ARE FOUR VOMPHS
[8:42] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: lol
[8:42] [RedditChat] Coyote@kortar#3610: DS9?
[8:42] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: yes, instance 3
[8:46] [RedditChat] Rico@rasweiler: There is a huge ship on ds9 dancing
[8:46] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: Cute!
[8:46] [RedditChat] Rico@rasweiler: a iconian ship....in ds9....dancing
[8:46] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: Rico, read his bio
[8:46] [RedditChat] Rico@rasweiler: ah figures dental
[8:48] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: aaaand there is a vonph in Quark's
[8:49] [RedditChat] T'maekh@princenoonien: wait someone finally made a vonph
[8:49] [RedditChat] T'maekh@princenoonien: i might go and have a look
[8:49] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: instance 3
[8:49] [RedditChat] Rico@rasweiler: I dont know how those dental guys do it
[8:50] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: "it is best you do not know." - Worf on Klingon Dreams
[8:50] [RedditChat] Alyia@caasicam: lots of free time and nothing better to do
[8:51] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: what instance ds9 is the ship on
[8:51] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: instance 3
[8:52] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: can a kdf team me its full
[8:52] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: nvm i got in ty
[8:53] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: LOL
[8:53] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: thats awesome
[8:53] [RedditChat] Jayiie@alcaatraz: what is?
[8:54] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: vonph in quarks
[8:54] [RedditChat] Jayiie@alcaatraz: hehe
[8:54] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: Ha, Dental going all out?
[8:54] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: it just looks so ridiculous
[8:55] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: wish hed stop moving so i can get a decent pic damnit
[8:55] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: Ask them to pose for photows
[8:55] [RedditChat] Alyia@caasicam: just use demorecord
[8:56] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: Posing is more fun, you get to see a Herald ship say cheese
[8:57] [RedditChat] Big Omega@nobscu: what zone is this in?
[8:57] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: DS9 instance 3 I think
[8:57] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: ds9 instance 3
[8:58] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: Party Vonph is in the house tonight
[8:59] [RedditChat] Top'Kek@konaaddict: http://imgur.com/a/B7Uia
[8:59] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: http://imgur.com/a/9KBv7
[8:59] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: Glorious
[8:59] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: Hold up! Hold up! There are people on DS9? So much for being a ghost town.
[9:00] [RedditChat] Narab@Qthulhu: There's always people on DS9
[9:00] [RedditChat] Shay'na@Shues: i think i see the vonph, is it a big herald ship?
[9:00] [RedditChat] Alyia@caasicam: nah, just all weather balloons
[9:00] [RedditChat] Coyote@kortar#3610: That's where all my toons end their day
[9:00] [RedditChat] Alyia@caasicam: there aren't any people on ds9
[9:00] [RedditChat] Arturia@topaboss: yeah vonph looks magestic close up on ground, snapped this yesterday at esd http://i.imgur.com/leNnfjf.png
[9:01] [RedditChat] Rico@rasweiler: im mostly on ds9
[9:02] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: That Vomph has been on one hell of a transporter accident!
[9:02] [RedditChat] Arturia@topaboss: haha
[9:02] [RedditChat] Arturia@topaboss: its' that beam from ant-man

[9:03] [RedditChat] Mogwai@princenoonien: party vonph! http://imgur.com/8u1yJFH
[9:04] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: LOL
[9:04] [RedditChat] Arturia@topaboss: lol
[9:04] [RedditChat] Wil@leethorogood: I bet there are players out there that wish they could replace their Vomph's orb with a party ball.
[9:05] [RedditChat] Thryn@galanis2814: That would be baller as HELL

https://www.twitch.tv/myth5hk/v/59672935?t=4h59m16s (mirror: https://streamable.com/yvh3)
https://redd.it/4e2rge
https://redd.it/4dr9nq
https://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/v/59370725?t=49m50s (offical livestream. Mirror: https://vid.me/RvPz)
https://www.twitch.tv/valikinfx/v/59331646?t=21m10s (Mirror: http://webm.land/w/m6ai/)

http://imgur.com/a/8Fsdn

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 10, 2016

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

I'm ready to provide level one help desk technical advice to pubbies 24/7. "Log off and try again in a few hours." Ok your all set!

We could create the "professional help" channel and have that crazy pubbie moderate it.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 5, 2016

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

DonDoodles posted:

A sig full of professional Dental certification logos would do the trick. It'd really illustrate how much more qualified you are to handle the topic than some random person whose only actual demonstration of ability is that they added their name to a volunteer sign-up sheet. You can't argue with people with multiple certifications, ask any IT professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We need a space justice channel where pubbies can argue stuff out and be judged by their peers.

gently caress it, created channels "Space Justice" and "Space Court".

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 5, 2016

• Locked thread