Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Eonwe posted:

everyone elsewhere acts like you guys are getting your poo poo kicked in, but at least in this thread it doesn't seem like you are all that concerned, so it must not be as onesided as people are pretending

Pubbies believe if they shitpost hard enough about something, it becomes true.

Plus they have the memories of goldfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

everyone elsewhere acts like you guys are getting your poo poo kicked in, but at least in this thread it doesn't seem like you are all that concerned, so it must not be as onesided as people are pretending

goonfleet wins, goonfleet loses, poo poo happens w/e only crazy reddit spergs like dragonstalking think poo poo matters

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
sorry meant to say

EVE

IS

REAL

while gnashing teeth and wailing

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

ChickenWing posted:

Pubbies believe if they shitpost hard enough about something, it becomes true.

Plus they have the memories of goldfish.

That is true in some cases, as some other pubbies will believe in poo poo someone post if it was posted hard enough. See: Reddit

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Causing grief is what EVE is built upon.

What Sion is probably referring to is the fact that CCP's PR department's goals in this war are detrimental opposed to the Imperiums Fabian strategy of asymmetric demobilization and he might even argue that they are afraid of the Imperium because all the new and returning players don't get the big set piece battles that everyone lusts for but are instead forced to fight a war of attrition, which is a lot less fun.

But if you want to fight their media narrative of "World War Bee" you should really come up with something better than fighting the "War of Sovless Aggression" against the "Band of Backstabbers", because that has no chance of getting picked up by anyone who isn't a Imperium diehard.

Sooooo... what are you going to do if Mittens says no to the whole "fight the media narrative" thing? I can easily see the Imperium throwing the fight, laying low, then steamrolling right over the Moneybadgers and taking back the whole of their losses. That would be fun to watch for those of us not involved. A fragmented, sovless guerilla war is what Solitude Rangers and Highsec Militia is going to end up fighting against CODE. That might work for us since both the New Order and anti-gankers are always tooling around in highsec, but EVE goons need to do something other than griefing for once. I realize playing the game straight might be an odd concept to some of you, but you have the resources and the numbers to put Moneybadgers to the sword if you would only loving try.

Let's face it, you spent years of real time waving your collective dicks at the entire EVE universe (including its creators) and now you have the gall to object when it comes back to haunt you. Harden up, tool up, take your capitals out and go face the music.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Empires of Eve book is available on amazon now for folks who didn't get in on the kickstarter.

Can't get it shipped to canada though :negative:

It's a pretty good book too. Though the Kindle version isn't really that good even on a Kindle Fire. Seems like it wasn't really optimized for that sort of thing but whatever, you can open it up on your computer and see the stuff fine that doesn't appear on the Kindle version (eg. the maps)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i wonder if that gimmick only posts when he's at work

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Worldshatter posted:

The RMT records stuff has been amazing, but I'll admit we've been a bit underwhelming on other fronts

Distribution problems probably contribute to that. The enemy has reddit to widely display their propaganda to the public whereas we only really have our internal propaganda subforum which isn't even that well trafficked

The propaganda subforum was pretty good. I always enjoyed the older stuff from the RedSwarm Federation days where, if I'm remembering correctly, there would be resubtitled scenes from black and white soviet movies.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ScreamingLlama posted:

Sooooo... what are you going to do if Mittens says no to the whole "fight the media narrative" thing? I can easily see the Imperium throwing the fight, laying low, then steamrolling right over the Moneybadgers and taking back the whole of their losses. That would be fun to watch for those of us not involved. A fragmented, sovless guerilla war is what Solitude Rangers and Highsec Militia is going to end up fighting against CODE. That might work for us since both the New Order and anti-gankers are always tooling around in highsec, but EVE goons need to do something other than griefing for once. I realize playing the game straight might be an odd concept to some of you, but you have the resources and the numbers to put Moneybadgers to the sword if you would only loving try.

Let's face it, you spent years of real time waving your collective dicks at the entire EVE universe (including its creators) and now you have the gall to object when it comes back to haunt you. Harden up, tool up, take your capitals out and go face the music.

e: this is probably an intentionally bad post right? poo poo. coming back from a long vacation means i gotta relearn all these posters. drat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

frozenpussy posted:

Arcsquad are you done googling what I meant by delta

Finding out anything from the Goon side of things is hard when this thread keeps yelling at each other, so I gotta get my poo poo second hand. The gently caress's Delta?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nah dude, we mostly say "shut up idiot" to that guy because he's so far up his own he's unable to contemplate anything else ever, or he's a gimmick perfectly emulating the former which Poe's out to be the same thing

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah dude, we mostly say "shut up idiot" to that guy because he's so far up his own he's unable to contemplate anything else ever, or he's a gimmick perfectly emulating the former which Poe's out to be the same thing

haha yeah Kappa

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Like, I get we're getting help from russians, but hoping reddit goes full napolean/hitler and dies trying to take useless space seems like a dumb strategy. Then again, I sucked at EVE, so maybe its an amazing strategy and I just don't know enough about the cold space winters :shrug:

It seems the Russians are only harassing but not really helping with entosis.

All space will seem useless if you are gonna stage in lowsec tbh.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Arcsquad12 posted:

Finding out anything from the Goon side of things is hard when this thread keeps yelling at each other, so I gotta get my poo poo second hand. The gently caress's Delta?

delta, in this case, has nothing to do with goonfleetwaffeswarm

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

The propaganda subforum was pretty good. I always enjoyed the older stuff from the RedSwarm Federation days where, if I'm remembering correctly, there would be resubtitled scenes from black and white soviet movies.

That stuff was from a Stanley Kubrick film.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

haha yeah Kappa

you comin at me son ur in for a real world of hurt if so i tell you what

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

killstealing posted:

I loving hate that dumb aggregator site and its stupid bait ads

What is it even for? IDGI

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

delta, in this case, has nothing to do with goonfleetwaffeswarm

http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/02/eve-online-war-update-the-imperium-defends-uq9-3c-loses-station/
That's where I heard the number of goon pilots at the station battle. Not about to dig into Reddit tho.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Like, I get we're getting help from russians, but hoping reddit goes full napolean/hitler and dies trying to take useless space seems like a dumb strategy. Then again, I sucked at EVE, so maybe its an amazing strategy and I just don't know enough about the cold space winters :shrug:

Sov wars need to be fought by sov holding entities.if you kick out a squatter but the house stays empty they can simply move back in.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YouTuber posted:

That stuff was from a Stanley Kubrick film.

Go figure. It was years ago so I probably am mis-remembering.

Arcsquad12 posted:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/02/eve-online-war-update-the-imperium-defends-uq9-3c-loses-station/
That's where I heard the number of goon pilots at the station battle. Not about to dig into Reddit tho.

The article is a bit wrong on a few details, albeit minor ones (the Kickstarter goal one of them). Also he's the guy that was the first to report on Mittani's Fanfest incident, which caused some ~drama and got the Editor-in-Chief of Massively to write about how Goons were harassing his writer, his site, and himself.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 4, 2016

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I wasn't back for the Vale shenanigans, but no matter how you look at it Vale was very far out there to try and defend against the kind of stuff going on in PB/Fade/Branch so I can understand that (where did Bastion and LAWN go to anyways, or is it too soon with all the other stuff going on to reassign space?), but other than that and the CO2 shift there are maybe a dozen systems actively flipped plus one or two independent stations? Aside from trying to figure out why weren't not even contesting timers with something more than bombers and interceptors (and I don't mean heavy fleets, just something like Caracals or Destroyers) it doesn't seem like there is a huge reason for the Imperium to feel like it's all collapsing or for the other side to feel like they're really pushing poo poo in yet. Although I don't know how serious yesterday's Branch and Fade losses were.

Speaking of which, how did VFK not get taken because I don't remember any sort of defense going on? I was even pulling stuff out of there to move to Saranen with little trouble since the Gates weren't camped even though there were a couple hundred reds in-system.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ScreamingLlama posted:

Harden up, tool up, take your capitals out and go face the music.

yeah I'm sure suiciding all our caps would do a whole lot

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

try one puller, one carrier (or supercarrier) per system (1-3 total) and you're set

How do you avoid getting ganked or hotdropped? I wouldn't trust myself to do it unless I knew that.

Also the last time I researched constellations for this, basically Hysera was the only lowsec system that had all highsec neighbor systems and would allow for a 1-carrier setup. There was also a gallente system that had 3 lowsec with the rest highsec in its constellation. Everything else was like 5+ lowsec systems, which means you'd want a carrier in each of those 5+ systems so that you don't have to cyno or go gate-to-gate. What other constellations/factions are out there, or is that it?

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

That fucker looks like it was delicious.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

feedmegin posted:

What is it even for? IDGI

I like aggrogator. It's like Imgur but without the memes. Less sifting needed when you're looking for dumb but funny stuff.

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!
I have to say the anti-goon propaganda on reddit is hilarious... These guys really spend way too much time making memes...

Horn of goon-dar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbfnNy9dm2k

again I know its insulting but... lol

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress you, Mitquerdeadtear. For the last time, I am not a gimmick account. You don't like what I have to say, too loving bad. You think I'm an idiot, too loving bad. I have to put up with the autism jokes and biased mods, so enjoy my poo poo.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nessin posted:

it doesn't seem like there is a huge reason for the Imperium to feel like it's all collapsing or for the other side to feel like they're really pushing poo poo in yet. Although I don't know how serious yesterday's Branch and Fade losses were.

Basically right now the Imperium is consolidating down to the "core regions" of Dek, PB, and Fade since we can reasonable contest them while based out of lowsec while you can't do that for say, branch. At this point the next stage of the war is either going to be the MBC trying to invade Dek (not going to be fun) and consolidating what they have taken in Fade and PB. If they can't defend what they take this war is just going to end up a grinding stale mate of low ADM systems flipping constantly until someone gets bored.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ScreamingLlama posted:

gently caress you, Mitquerdeadtear. For the last time, I am not a gimmick account. You don't like what I have to say, too loving bad. You think I'm an idiot, too loving bad. I have to put up with the autism jokes and biased mods, so enjoy my poo poo.

actually you know what im gonna respond to this one: 1: if you're not a gimmick account why do you keep sniping poo poo off the eve facebook

2: all you say is ignorant white noise garbage, it's not even reddit propaganda like the other guys its just...nothing there's no substance at all it is as empty of value as it could possibly be
3: idiot or gimmick pretending to be an idiot so well you've poe's lawed yourself into being an idiot congrats
4: lol, and lol

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 4, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

killstealing posted:

I loving hate that dumb aggregator site and its stupid bait ads

It's the ultimate goon troll for goons. It's meant to annoy the poo poo out of you, mostly through the fact that you fell for another one of their dumb hidden links.

Foehammer007 your little brother needs to be taken out behind the shed and shot.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

I wasn't back for the Vale shenanigans, but no matter how you look at it Vale was very far out there to try and defend against the kind of stuff going on in PB/Fade/Branch so I can understand that (where did Bastion and LAWN go to anyways, or is it too soon with all the other stuff going on to reassign space?), but other than that and the CO2 shift there are maybe a dozen systems actively flipped plus one or two independent stations? Aside from trying to figure out why weren't not even contesting timers with something more than bombers and interceptors (and I don't mean heavy fleets, just something like Caracals or Destroyers) it doesn't seem like there is a huge reason for the Imperium to feel like it's all collapsing or for the other side to feel like they're really pushing poo poo in yet. Although I don't know how serious yesterday's Branch and Fade losses were.

Speaking of which, how did VFK not get taken because I don't remember any sort of defense going on? I was even pulling stuff out of there to move to Saranen with little trouble since the Gates weren't camped even though there were a couple hundred reds in-system.

Defenders under the new system get a passive regen on the nodes. VFK was, for the most part, not heavily contested by either side and because the attackers weren't capturing nodes fast enough the passive regen beat them to the magic number of nodes needed to be taken resulting in a "successful defense" of the system. It basically makes it so the attackers actually have to push for the objective rather than just sit around expecting to win the system.

Same thing happened in Cloud Ring when CFC tried to take a few systems from Horde back in November/December.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 4, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ScreamingLlama posted:

shut up idiot :eonwe:

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
The first time I signed up to play this game with goons I made a deal with one who sent me the referral email to split the isk, and he stopped answering PMs after I bought the game. Also I got an unexpected job offer that week, so I drifted off pretty quick.

Should I bother going to dig up that old email and signing back up with goons or can I make a new account and still use my SA username?

gently caress y'all if I go the latter I'm going to use an rl friend this time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

shut up idiot :eonwe:

:eonwe: would never tell someone to shut up nor call them an idiot though, he would tell them

:eonwe: seek mental help, friend.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda sorta wanna resubscribe with my main, but a) I'm still forumbanned for star wars spoilers and b) I don't want to end up in a DBRB fleet again. :effort:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ScreamingLlama posted:

:laffo:

Definitely a gimmick account

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

-Troika- posted:

b) I don't want to end up in a DBRB fleet again. :effort:

don't fly bomberwaffe and this will never happen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think aggrogator is funny :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

You should probably take time to learn the culture around here before posting.

We'll never be honourable because winning via treachery is more fun.

If we take a fall? Oh well. Can't be on top forever. But the coalition of the billing isn't a real coalition. They won't hold together once it is all done.

Once craplord voltron has broken up we will sharpen our knives and probably kill Test again.

• Locked thread