Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I don't think I saw this in the thread so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEIEixeC1DA
Alex got moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was hyped as gently caress when I saw Amar, because I initially thought it was Darun Mister, who was one of the Arika EX fighters I wish they'd port over. Him, Skullomania, Pullum Purna, and C.Jack (who I think would make a good Balrog rival). I'd also like to see them use a couple of the Rival Schools guys, like Shoma, Batsu, Kyosuke or Hinata.

Yeah, Darun Mister was super duper fun

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
are you supposed to have heard of dorai

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

It would actually be a good intimidation tactic in tournament to start shimmying so fast that your character becomes a blur to the human eye

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
How do you tool assist on a console?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

are you supposed to have heard of dorai

Depends how far into the lore you are, I guess. Street Fighter has a fair amount of backstory, for those who give a poo poo. Some folks don't care and just wanna break faces.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sakura, Karin, and Hinata? It would be an anime field day!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

As funny as this is to see at first, I'm not too happy to think that bots like these might become an actual nuisance used by cheaters instead of just a hobbyist thing that the creators have made for kicks. I doubt they'll be as easy to use as an aimbot for counter-strike though.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Please, anything but Kyosuke again, for the love of god.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

When did Alex become the Reverse Flash?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Please, anything but Kyosuke again, for the love of god.

Didn't enjoy him in CVS 2, then?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

wtf is this? :stare:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

I get they're scared that the game will look too much like 4 if the rosters are too similar, since it's the same engine reskinned. But I dont necessarily think that level of desperation is called for. What next the wolf dude from Dark Stalkers, because he had martial arts themed moves? Maybe the cactus from MvC2? gently caress it, this game is complete poo poo, right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I get they're scared that the game will look too much like 4 if the rosters are too similar, since it's the same engine reskinned.

It's not the same engine (assuming you are talking about SF4 and SF5).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Kyosuke is Remy's Japanese cousin.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

zooted heh posted:

wtf is this? :stare:

Two Alex bots attempting to shimmy into hyperspace.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I learned something interesting today: White health doesn't count for the purposes of who wins due to time over.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Considering how outright weird most of the Rival Schools/Project Justice cast is, Kyosuke is one of the most boring and worst characters they could have pulled

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

Holy poo poo I'm loving dying here.

nickmeister posted:

Where's a good place to post rage quitters? "BlackSixteen" just pulled the plug right when I won. I remember as the KO flashed across the screen seeing he had 10 wins in a row and think, "How the hell did this guy get ten wins??" Then disconnected message. loving lol.

I'm not really sure why but I started uploading ragequitters to my youtube channel. I guess for personal satisfaction? Everybody gets ragequit on from time to time. :shrug:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Question: in spectator mode, I swing back and forth between seeing the match in slow motion and zooming to catch up at like 8x speed. Some of my friends have no problems, some have the same problem, and some only encounter it occasionally. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's not the same engine (assuming you are talking about SF4 and SF5).

If it was we'd have less delay input, better online connectivity, and direct input for pc.

:smith:

A.o.D. posted:

I learned something interesting today: White health doesn't count for the purposes of who wins due to time over.

white health is count as lost health when time is up right?

Corbeau posted:

Question: in spectator mode, I swing back and forth between seeing the match in slow motion and zooming to catch up at like 8x speed. Some of my friends have no problems, some have the same problem, and some only encounter it occasionally. Does anyone know what's up with that?

lag Pretty sure you start viewing after the match starts and it tries to catch up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Microwaves Mom posted:

lag Pretty sure you start viewing after the match starts and it tries to catch up.

Sure, except it keeps slowing down again once I've caught up.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Klades posted:

Alex got moves

Even as a bot Infiltration is better than the other guy

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Stick* building questions incoming.

I'm planning to build a budget hitbox because my keyboard just isn't ergonomic for this. One of the friends who I play with got a proper stickless stick and has been raving about how much better it feels. So I really want one, but my budget is super low right now. I'm thinking of getting a cheap PCB with some Sanwa buttons and a plastic tackle box for the case (same as I use for X-Wing minis, actually). The whole thing would come out to about $60 after shipping and taxes, which is way more affordable than the ~200+ for a "brand name" hitbox. It wouldn't work with a PS4, but I'm a PC player so I don't need it to work with consoles. Similarly, it doesn't seem to have built-in SOCD cleaning, but I'm not a tournament player and prefer what the game code allows anyway (since that's how keyboard works).

Anything in this plan throw up warning flags from the more experienced buyers/builders/users here?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Trainer 1.02 is out on gamecopy world Just downloaded it. As always its a big hassle full of ads trying to trick you into downloading links remember to click the skip ad button at the top right.

If anyone just wants the rar let me know I"ll mega it and give you the link. PM me. Saves all the bullshit time.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Garrand posted:

I'm not really sure why but I started uploading ragequitters to my youtube channel. I guess for personal satisfaction? Everybody gets ragequit on from time to time. :shrug:

I've Alt F4'd out of a match after getting beaten (usually if I'm late for work) and I get nervous on whether or not it counts as a rage quit. When is it safe to leave?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_z0Ht6ShLI

More OS's! Also works with V-Skill, which is what the original concept does.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Corbeau posted:

Anything in this plan throw up warning flags from the more experienced buyers/builders/users here?

The electronic parts of the stick (PCB, Sanwa buttons, etc.) are the easiest part of building a stick. In fact, there's so many easy options out there, such as solderless multi-console PCB's, quick disconnects on everything, that you don't even have to worry about it at all.

The real worst part of building a stick is the actual box/case itself. Building a poverty stick is a lot more work and cost than you'd expect. You'd have to have the right tools to drill the holes for the buttons, etc. It'll be slightly easier for you since you're not putting a stick on, so you don't have to worry too much about the height of the case and stick clearance so that the stick actually fits. If you don't already have the power tools available with the specific attachments that you need, then it'll probably cost you way more than you expect. If not done right, you'll probably end up with a stick you're not happy with and you'll just end up spending more money in the long run.

If someone sells a cheap pre-made hitbox case out there I'd just get that and put in your PCB and buttons. But if you're serious about building one yourself, then hit up slagcoin.com and look at all the potential things you may come across when building one. Again, making a buttons only stick makes things a little easier, but costs still add up in the end if you want a decent end-result.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Are rage quitters being punished after the patch?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hate Ken and his stupid banana-hair.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Constellation I posted:

If you don't already have the power tools available with the specific attachments that you need, then it'll probably cost you way more than you expect. If not done right, you'll probably end up with a stick you're not happy with and you'll just end up spending more money in the long run.

He's doing it in a plastic box, you could use an X-acto knife and a file and get great results.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't have a problem with Ken or Alex's hair, and I don't even have a problem with Ken's battle costume (when it's in-game, where it actually looks really good, unlike on the character select screen).

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone going to the CEO Monthly next week?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is the SF5 Prima guide actually worth it?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is the SF5 Prima guide actually worth it?

I like it but there's a lot of info from the guide freely available already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I mostly just want the more accurate frame data, and ten bucks is basically nothing, so as long as the e-guide gets updated with patch changes I don't mind shelling out for it.

e; which it does, according to the product page!

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't have a problem with Ken or Alex's hair, and I don't even have a problem with Ken's battle costume (when it's in-game, where it actually looks really good, unlike on the character select screen).

I think both look much better in action than they do on the character select, but boy do they look bad on character select.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

I mostly just want the more accurate frame data, and ten bucks is basically nothing, so as long as the e-guide gets updated with patch changes I don't mind shelling out for it.

e; which it does, according to the product page!

Lemme check and see if they have Alex already

Edit: I don't have my login on hand but it looks like they do!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My 100th ranked victory and I'm still only super bronze :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Agoat posted:

Lemme check and see if they have Alex already

Edit: I don't have my login on hand but it looks like they do!

Didn't bother to update the app though. -_-