Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Got my first ever cooldown today for shooting someone in the head at the beginning of a round while solo queuing. Guy kept shouting and telling everyone to watch his youtube channel. When we all muted and stopped responding, he'd occasionally shoot people in the back of the leg. Totally worth the 30min ban, but also solo queue sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I still wonder what boosts Na'vi had on Overpass. Maybe they'll get to show them in Cologne.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

I still wonder what boosts Na'vi had on Overpass. Maybe they'll get to show them in Cologne.
Boosting LG's confidence.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I only play solo queue and its insane how MGEs play much better than most LEMS

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The only way that would be true is if LEM is rammed with boosted players. In general I wreck MGEs hard, but get wrecked by LEM (I'm LE/DMG).

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Asstralis sticker didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but my gimmick UMP is complete.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Dongicus posted:

I only play solo queue and its insane how MGEs play much better than most LEMS

I'm MGE, whenever I see someone bottom frag by a large margin in an mm game it's a DMG or LEM, it is a mystery

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

szary posted:

I'm MGE, whenever I see someone bottom frag by a large margin in an mm game it's a DMG or LEM, it is a mystery

the lem is probably insanely mad about getting shot in the side of the head from a place someone said they were playing

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

the lem is probably insanely mad about getting shot in the side of the head from a place someone said they were playing

as a sem this tilts me completely and bad teammates are the only reason i'm still silver

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Smithereens posted:

as a sem this tilts me completely and bad teammates are the only reason i'm still silver

As an MGE with a SE smurf account, I can tell you definitively that bad teammates are not the only reason you're still silver.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
interesting negative experiences with the valve matchmaking system guys, i'm tracking all your feedback in a spreadsheet.

Keep em comin'.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I was offered a gut knife rust coat .98 for 10 keys last night, but i was asleep and missed it. i am so sad.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Usually I'm good vibes guy. Last night I tilted hard. Only had 1 frag at round 13. Teammates started talking poo poo. Attempted to kick me. Next round more poo poo talking. me- "Just loving kick me I can't do this" teammate - "More poo poo talking" me - "fine I'm going to TK you" teamate - "No you won't" Start round. You're on a competitive cool down. Success! That was my first intentional rage TK. What have I become!? :negative:

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

sterster posted:

Usually I'm good vibes guy. Last night I tilted hard. Only had 1 frag at round 13. Teammates started talking poo poo. Attempted to kick me. Next round more poo poo talking. me- "Just loving kick me I can't do this" teammate - "More poo poo talking" me - "fine I'm going to TK you" teamate - "No you won't" Start round. You're on a competitive cool down. Success! That was my first intentional rage TK. What have I become!? :negative:

A human being who had a bad day? We all have bad days/games/rounds. Just take some time to chill and come back when you're not on tilt. Use that time to practice nades/play dm/goonmans (unless goonmans make you tilt).

And remember: everyone is terrible at CS:GO.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Barehanded Brother posted:

As an MGE with a SE smurf account, I can tell you definitively that bad teammates are not the only reason you're still silver.

He's trolling

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Logging on for the first time in 5 days, hoping I got a bronze off my blind day 3 picks.

I'm really surprised I was this fortunate, especially since I didn't actually believe Astralis and Liquid would actually advance.. Shame I missed the semis and finals though. Grats to LG!

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

qhat posted:

He's trolling

:smith:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

get trolled matey :twisted:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Barehanded Brother posted:

lmao I'm stuck in elo hell fight me i do not belong in silver hackers are keeping my rank from rising and smurfing is ruining every game ugh IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M NOT OWNED

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Both GuardiaN and olofm's hand injuries mean they are pulling out of Malmo looks like. fnatic looks to be pulling out entirely, and Na'Vi not sure yet? Turns out playing lots of videogames can gently caress up your hands.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

loving olof and his weak wrists cost me my silver pickem. No longer a fnatic supporter.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

That explains why olof turned down the all star game, he had the second most votes behind Fallen

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Tons of the oldschool pros are gonna get/have the same RSI wrists

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I'm going to become a surgeon and get rich performing the Tommy John of gamer wrist surgeries.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Depths posted:

what's surprising is that nobody on VP has problems

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whodatwhere posted:

I'm going to become a surgeon and get rich performing the Tommy John of gamer wrist surgeries.
Ladislav Kovacs surgery

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
smithereens is definitely not trolling about his rank, i know that.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

Depths posted:

That will probably be the least of their problems with the way most of them sit looking down at their monitors only 6 inches from their faces.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wow were hand/wrist problems that prevalent this major?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'll sub for Guardian

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Up Circle posted:

smithereens is definitely not trolling about his rank, i know that.

excuse me but please use the right proper noun for my buddy buns otherwise he gets triggered because people don't recognized him as pastry-kin

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Smithereens posted:

lmao I'm stuck in elo hell fight me i do not belong in silver hackers are keeping my rank from rising and smurfing is ruining every game ugh IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M NOT OWNED

Every time I see your name I get sad its not smithermemes.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the crazy thing is everything he's saying is right, people just dont want to admit it.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Smithereens posted:

I believe you, Smithereens

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

nftyw posted:

Asstralis sticker didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but my gimmick UMP is complete.

I like the way you think, mate

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

How did people do in the pick em? I had 66 points in the team portion and 1776 points :911: in the Fantasy Pickem. (3%)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Double bronze, barely hit 30% riding on Na'Vi players throughout the whole tournament and mixing in whatever cheap stickers I could get for the playoff games. Didn't go wild in the team pick em, just bought fnatic right off the bat and then luminosity, navi and liquid stickers for the quarterfinals. Went for Liquid and Navi when I clearly should have went in on Luminosity.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Me? I didn't partake.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Someone want rnd 26 1v5 ace against knifes? Here ya go. feel free to put it on the youtubes.
steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-JRjG2-uTSF7-rKOdF-fyjQY-JmAEB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Reading a bit about ranking, is it just really broke?

My good friend had a solid background in CSS and played here and there in CSGO. Finally decided to focus on comp, had a solid win streak in random groups and then got ranked with LEM.

The next day she queues for match, they're obviously new and wins a solid 16-1 with 30/6 k/d and somehow ends up silver 4. I'd post screenshots and demos, but rather keep her privacy. We're confused.