Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Yes-- I understand that and I recall Derek's counter that lies about cash were being circulated internally at CIG. But what if Derek's source is misinformed not EightAce's?

I still feel like we'd see a host of telltale warning signs if they were in a nose dive. I can't shake that feeling-- and we are watching them incredibly closely. Why aren't there more sirens going off?

I know the weakness here is that I'm assuming the principals to be somewhat rational actors, which may be erroneous.

I'm assuming Sandi is not so COMPLETELY out of touch with reality that she'd really join her community team in recording a green screen video that is the equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns if Rome was, in fact, burning.

I'm assuming Chris and especially Erin wouldn't go on record talking up the amazing things around the bend when SQ42 releases and the PTU gets a couple more revisions. I mean Chris has hardly ever been more hubristic than he was in the latest subscriber edition with his Rockstar comments. They don't talk like people soon to lose everything, become complete gaming pariahs, targets of lawsuits and unstable fans, and subjected to the most merciless journalistic grave dancing and schaudenfraude since Ion Storm.

They talk like everything is progressing according to plan-- like they believe it.

Wednesday may be a gamechanger, and the titanic may have hit the iceberg... But in the interest of avoidimg disappointment, I'm just going to subscribe to a steady state theory, not the Big Crunch. That way if I'm wrong, I'll be laughing-- not signing and shaking my head.

You should bookmark this post. You'll soon find out why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

revmoo posted:

No one cares

:same:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 2, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

New ship sale.

Introducing the TRITON.

It's two dreams in one! It must be worth at least four times as much.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

New ship sale.

Introducing the TRITON.

Is that a mouthguard on the end?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

You posted exactly that a week ago.

Between you, and the idiots who only come to the thread to complain about you, this thread could cut a lot of posts and be none the worse for it

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
This thread needs more Ryan Archer.
Retribution is needed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You posted exactly that a week ago.

Between you, and the idiots who only come to the thread to complain about you, this thread could cut a lot of posts and be none the worse for it
don't throw stones in a glass house

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Some clutter in the thread is defensible I think

I don't know a whole lot about frameworks, but I'd think a wordpress thingie would make sense

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

If they're that close, why aren't we seeing more sales and other desperate bids for additional income? Or are they seeking investors on the down low now to give the outward appearance of health?

1) Because you're not paying attention

2) Because you're not reading all my posts in which I said, just last week, that two such deals fell through.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

But what if its like really thick glass?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

but I'm just so very MAD

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Sickening posted:

Airhorn adapter is an optional module that'll be available for a $75 donation.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Some clutter in the thread is defensible I think

I don't know a whole lot about frameworks, but I'd think a wordpress thingie would make sense

Agreed, TB, I've got that in place already and some test posts already in. I'm more screwing around with navigational stuff, tagging, topics and stuff at this point.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF you definitely have the best effort posts in this thread by a long mile, but it kind of looks like you're still holding out hope for some kind of redemption. I'm not sure there is going to be one, the only redemption I can see is in the possible form of a federal indictment (who knows if that'll be true, of course). None of the principal actors here have ever taken the more principled approach when they've had the chance.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Basically, most of the executive types in CIG are old pals of the Roberts family and are ex-Gizmondo executives.

quote:

Key staff from Digital Anvil then teamed up together with staff from Warthog Games (now known as Gizmondo)

Digital Anvil is the Croberts' studio that did *lancer. Gizmondo was used as a money laundry for the Uppsala mafia. Roberts is getting millions upon millions of supposedly exclusively gamer cash. A tall order, for an audience as fickle as gamers I'd say. Seems to be working as a cover story anyway though.

Then there's http://pastebin.com/DDeWufw2

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

That post was a good read, G0RF.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sickening posted:

Yes. It's one of the recent, more hilarious additions to the awful kickstarter thread. It's supposed to be one of those James Bond-style pocket rebreathers you see in films, made from magic, since what it proposes to do is pretty much contrary to the laws of physics and chemistry.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

Serious post Derek:

Your credibility is not as high as it once was, after you trolled the thread for days and are now claiming puppet master status.

Mistake #1: Thinking that my crusade has anything to do with credibility

Mistake #2: Assuming that I give a poo poo what anyone thinks

Mistake #3: Thinking that I'm doing this for shits 'n giggles

Mistake #4: Thinking that I give a poo poo about one or two people feeling salty because they weren't in on the joke. That despite the fact that these are people posting on the likes of SA....and complaining about the quality of post content

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

:vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo: :vince: :bravo:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

But what if its like really thick glass?
granted this thread is pretty thick, but you still leave unsightly scrapes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

HexDog posted:

Obviously you know something we don't, but CIG seems to be acting as if everything is normal and business as usual. I mean they're still hiring people and making mouse pads sized for literal whales. Chris Roberts doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who keeps real cool under fire, he can't even hold back from spontaneously adding features when asked questions by his fans. He would be panicking and making all kinds of changes imo if money was running out.

They're not. A jobs page is meaningless.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

G0RF posted:

In the interest of not cluttering up the thread with lots of replies, I'd invite people to PM me directly with your thoughts on all of the above, rather than just replying here. I know it's a big old data dump and disruptive to the flow. I wouldn't have written it had Derek not specifically endorsed me for the new OP.

god forbid we interrupt the flow of cat pics and shitposts with star-citizen related discussion and content

(seriously g0rf i love your posts to death, but you thinking that they and the discussion around them are somehow disruptive to the thread is the most ridiculous thing i've read today, and given the result of the DRINK YOUR OVALTINE cipher that's saying something)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

D_Smart posted:

That despite the fact that these are people posting on the likes of SA....and complaining about the quality of post content
woah woah woah WOAH back it up there Smarticus.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

That despite the fact that these are people posting on the likes of SA....and complaining about the quality of post content

D_Smart posted:

I am on p2788.

When I get to the current last page (2798) that I am on now, for every loving Ryan Archer post that I see, I won't post for 1 day. e.g. if I see 10 posts after p2798, that's 10 days that I won't post.

And when I do come back, I will start reading from page count + number of days. Which means that every thing that came before, I will neither read, nor respond to.

So yeah, you loving idiots need to stop with this Ryan Archer poo poo and go create another thread for it.

That is all.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

Mistake #1: Thinking that my crusade has anything to do with credibility

Mistake #2: Assuming that I give a poo poo what anyone thinks

Mistake #3: Thinking that I'm doing this for shits 'n giggles

Mistake #4: Thinking that I give a poo poo about one or two people feeling salty because they weren't in on the joke. That despite the fact that these are people posting on the likes of SA....and complaining about the quality of post content

If you're going to be all hot air, don't get all mad when someone farts in your face

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Gotta say, he's a quick learner

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I still want to space game.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CashEnsign posted:

I still want to space game.

Elite's probably going to have multicrew by the end of this year.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Maybe you should do this for shits and giggles Derek, I'm pretty sure it would improve your posting

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
The COMM-LINK SCHEDULE should be up by now, no?

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Postin' in the legendary thread before it hits 3000! Keep on truckin' dr. Smart!

:gary:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

It's deja vu all over again!

Edit: I'm starting to think that the ELE is in reference to Derek's own posting here. The two word responses with nothing to back them up got old six months ago.

You're a complete tool*. So it makes perfect sense that you would think that; while ignoring the Star Citizen references in all my missives since I started referring to the collapse as on-going events amounting to an E.L.E

* and you don't appear to even have to put much work into it. so it must come naturally

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

derek needs a time out

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

actually I'm with pgabz now: star citizen will come out and it will be good

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
The level of people crying over the code thing is amazing.

This is a thread for making fun of a lovely dead game, and trolling its 'investors'.

If you can't handle a little bit of a burn at the expense of Dr Derek Smart PHD internet warlord, then don't post in the thread. This is a comedy forum, sometimes we're the comedy.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Google Butt posted:

derek needs a time out

No, don't! He's just about to tell us the big secret! I know it this time!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

SerCypher posted:

The level of people crying over the code thing is amazing.

This is a thread for making fun of a lovely dead game, and trolling its 'investors'.

If you can't handle a little bit of a burn at the expense of Dr Derek Smart PHD internet warlord, then don't post in the thread. This is a comedy forum, sometimes we're the comedy.

This is one of the moments i'm happy to be a lazy schmuck.
I didn't put any effort in any of this, so I can sit back and laugh.

Even tho, it was kinda dick'ish.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Here, have a weekly dev update to cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnnRYfeyZo

How in the blistering green gently caress do you just keep getting better and better?

:pgabz: had better watch his subscriber count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
page 3000 crew checking in

• Locked thread