Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Because it wasn't terrible at all. Not liking how a show is booked doesn't make it a bad show. The only bad match was the taker one. The Ambrose match just had an abrupt ending but was alright and everything else was either average or pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Dave thought this wasn't a terrible Wrestlemania.. He has lost his marbles!

Dave has a habit of making things sound better than they were when he knows the outlook is bleak longterm.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

True enough, I didn't hate any of the matches in progress, I just hated most of them when they were finished. Some say it's the journey not the destination, but if all roads lead to poo poo I may start to dread life on the road as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

It's Wrestlemania weekend, sleep was never gonna happen anyway :)

Edit: Apparently the bulk of the in-ring stuff that Eva Marie did happened during the commercial break, so only the people in the crowd saw it. Including a perfectly serviceable tilt-a-whirl headscissors :psyduck:

Eva Marie's timing was extremely awful but when she had someone else directing traffic for her she was fine. All of her offense looked, dare I say, good and smooth. Lana was far and away the worst wrestler in that ring.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I think it's fair to not like wrestlemania because of finishes. For better or worse, we expect big changes in direction and huge storyline arcs or wrap-ups at wrestlemania, and yes we expect crowd favorites to win. If it's just going to be like any other ppv with an extra 2 hours it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I wish I had put it on in the background while doing something else.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah I mean there's the idea that a show like Mania should be the culmination of stories. Hell, they always like to tell you that 'It's all been leading up to this!' whenever they get the chance and yet the booking doesn't reflect that at all.

It's still astounding to me that the Shane angle that took up so much TV time gets no mention at all. They never once announce that if Shane wins he controls Raw, or that HHH and Steph are out of a job, there's not even a sniff of Vince. It could be a random event on any show and it would've made no difference.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I was surprised to hear Bryan say that Roman got cheered after he won. If that's the case why did the crowd remain muted?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

I was surprised to hear Bryan say that Roman got cheered after he won. If that's the case why did the crowd remain muted?

Because after the initial cheer the booing continued.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UnfurledSails posted:

There was a pretty good pop for the title change that was immediately drowned out by boos

Roman did have some support in there. It was probably 90/10 against him though. The people that hated him felt way more passionate about that than the people that loved him

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan must have in the mark section, he didn't even hear any of the bored crowd chants that were pretty much constant through the middle part of the match. Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Jordan/Gable, a couple others I forgot what they were

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
big fan of this new trend of derisively referring to people that enjoy things as marks

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It's not a new trend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Spermgod posted:

big fan of this new trend of derisively referring to people that enjoy things as marks

...mark

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

remusclaw posted:

It's not a new trend.

you're right but people here have generally been better than that

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
What are you when did what you had to do to get the free month and still enjoyed the show for the most part?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tr33 posted:

What are you when did what you had to do to get the free month and still enjoyed the show for the most part?

Are you alright?

vvv OK, good to know. vvv

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Perfectly fine, and I got enough money for a super burrito!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tr33 posted:

I know these are words in the English language but I can't put them together in a way that actually makes a sentence

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does Dave have anything written about the Takeover Dallas show yet? Star ratings or anything?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Does Dave have anything written about the Takeover Dallas show yet? Star ratings or anything?

not yet. The observer will be out wednesday or Thursday.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I didn't think it was that hard, but it's a reference to the mark argument. My question, is what are you (a mark or something else?) when you did not pay for the show, because WWE gave you a free month, but still enjoyed the show.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
A member of the WWE Universe

Tr33
May 26, 2007

No, that's the other thread!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

All I'm saying is I enjoyed the show as just a show. I'm not gonna argue the finishes cuz I agree they wern't good. I'm also saying I still have :10bux: in my pocket!

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Nobody cares whether you paid $0 or $10, or if you're paying $10 for NXT and got Wrestlemania for free. It's kind of a dumb tangent.

Most viewers could give a gently caress less about the cost, they want to watch the quality of wrestling show that only WWE can put on with their talent and production budget.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The most talented roster in the world only goes so far, as WWE shows us on a weekly basis.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I was clarifying cuz people seem to be confused what I meant. As the original arguement had to do with being a mark, which is someone who typically pays money. This wasn't meant to be a tangent I just thought I'd clarify since the original point was lost, but anyway yer right let's move on! Sorry fellas!

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 4, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tr33 posted:

I was clarifying cuz people seem to be confused what I meant. As the original arguement had to do with being a mark, which is someone who typically pays money. This wasn't meant to be a tangent I just thought I'd clarify since the original point was lost, but anyway yer right let's move on! Sorry fellas!

I think people were confused because your original sentence appeared to be gibberish and we thought you were having a stroke.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tr33 posted:

A mark in wrestling is a person who buys fully into kayfabe (children, typically). Generally also expanded to include folks who just tune in and accept everything at face value or who don't really keep up with backstage news at all

'nothing to do with money.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
That's a fairly basic definition, on a lot of internet discussions mark is more of a derisive term aimed at casual fans or fans who don't cheer loudest for the indie darlings.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

In 99% of cases it's just used as an insult of either fans in general (by people in the industry) or a catch-all for fans who don't like the same thing as you.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

A mark in wrestling is a person who buys fully into kayfabe (children, typically). Generally also expanded to include folks who just tune in and accept everything at face value or who don't really keep up with backstage news at all

'nothing to do with money.

It has everything to do with money. Since were going to nitpick the definition now, it is someone who fully buys in usually also does so with wallet in hand. Most said insiders look at everyone as marks since regardless of what's presented, loot is still being offered up to them. Even in the case of smarks, it stems from the fact the smart mark is supporting said product by buying the tickets, and the merch and everything that comes along with it.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think people were confused because your original sentence appeared to be gibberish and we thought you were having a stroke.

I said I was sorry and tried clarify!

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 4, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think it was interesting that only "WWE guys" won at mania last night. I'll be curious to see if we get any dirt on how the booking process went down.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Baron Corbin won the battle royal although I don't know if you're counting nxt guys as wwe guys or not

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Baron Corbin won the battle royal although I don't know if he counts as a wwe guy or not

he tall

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Isn't he pretty much homegrown?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Aesop Poprock posted:

Baron Corbin won the battle royal although I don't know if you're counting nxt guys as wwe guys or not

He's tall and has a full head of hair so odds are good that they're going to try and make him one at some point.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CombineThresher posted:

full head of hair

I'm afraid I've got some bad news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Thomas Pestock isn't ten inches brother.

Joking aside, knowing what we know now, how much must it have sucked for Hogan to do that whole bald is beautiful bit with Kurt Angle after the Edge match?

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 4, 2016

• Locked thread