Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I really love the dumb house items you get for farming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sparkly easter egg plant & basket are easily my favorite house decorations. It's a pity you can only get one of each though.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So how fun is the PvP in this dumb game? I was initially thinking of grabbing this on launch, but the B2P kinda turned me off it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rizzen posted:

So how fun is the PvP in this dumb game? I was initially thinking of grabbing this on launch, but the B2P kinda turned me off it.
It's fairly fun if you put hours into gearing up.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

sushibandit posted:

Anyone used AHK/AutoIt to afk gather certain resources overnight as opposed to just fishing? Or does the xign thing catch and block it immediately?

Won't start if you have AHK running. Hell, half the time it won't start unless I end some Nvidia processes as well. Asian MMOs just rootkit your machine I swear.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

I enabled the additional hot keys unfortunately they are individual icons not bars is there any way to tidy this up?

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Anyone used AHK/AutoIt to afk gather certain resources overnight as opposed to just fishing? Or does the xign thing catch and block it immediately?

Some people report ahk doesn't work for them but I've had no problems with it. Afk gathering would obviously be against the TOS but for something like river water gathering I'm sure you could set something up. Especially with bottles on a hot key and then a wait, then an 'r' keypress.

I can't really think of any other resource you could gather afk. What were you thinking?

Re:hotkey bars from above. Delete the ones you don't want. Move the remaining hotkeys around until they are pretty?

Edit Edit: Tested a quick AHK script to auto-harvest a statis resource like ocean/river water with bottles. Works fine.

Only problems logistically are:
Inventory Weight:
(Empty = 0.1 / ea, Full = 1.25 /ea -- or a gain of 1.15 / ea)
If you have 200 energy and want to fill up 200 bottles, that would be a starting weight (naked except for bottles) of 20 and an ending weight of 250.

Energy Regen:
1 Energy Recovery Every 3 minutes (or 0.00555 energy every second)
It takes ~ 10 seconds to fill then collect a bottle (assuming vendor newbie bottles) but in a script, you'd want some randomness so we'll say ~15 seconds each.
So While you spend 1 Energy Collecting the water in 15 seconds, you regain 0.08333 energy so your net loss is .9167 energy per collect.

So you collect 200 water (in about 50 minutes at 1 bottle per 15 seconds) and spend 200 (183.34 with the energy regeneration refund) and end up with ~16 energy left over. Woo, so you collect another 16 bottles. and then are collecting 1 bottle every 3 minutes.

in 8 hours of idling (after the initial collection; starting at 0 energy) you will have collected 160 bottles + the initial 200 + the bonus 16 for a total of : 376 bottles of river water.

If you were to buy these 376 bottles of river water at current market minimum of 2310 silver each it would cost you 868,560.

Selling these 376 bottles of 8-hour afk collected water (at 2310 minus 30% fees) would net you ~600,000

(Works out to be around 1595 silver per energy or 1132 silver per minute (over the 8 hour 50 minute time period to collect these bottles)

I hear of people earning substantially more for AFK fishing. But the choice is yours.

(also, I really hope my math is right -- this is my pre-coffee back-of-napkin math)

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 4, 2016

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

One of my clan mates hit 50 on Friday. He got a Witch's Earring the same day, then three more in the span of an hour Sunday night. No S knowledge, one luck, and the node isn't even connected. :D

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

LordAdakos posted:

Some people report ahk doesn't work for them but I've had no problems with it.

Pavlov posted:

Won't start if you have AHK running.

Yeah I got it figured out eventually, syntax was messed up and causing it to not work, which prompted my question. I am indeed planning on gathering water, both to start leveling alchemy and make some money on the side.

I can pull in, on average, ~550k after an 8-hour day of afk fishing. Generally 1 shard as well, but I'm not counting that as income since those get used. If I can at least break even with that and have some materials left over to craft with, I'll be happy.

Just starting to bother with lifeskills after getting a second character to 50, it's very overwhelming.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Quick question, I've been checking the game out and am really into it but I'm currently in the Middle East and therefore region blocked. I can buy (and I assume?) play the game with a VPN but will my purchase only net me the EU access or can I play on NA servers when I eventually move back to the USA? Also, if anyone has a spare guest key they don't want I would love to take it off your hands!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ziji posted:

Quick question, I've been checking the game out and am really into it but I'm currently in the Middle East and therefore region blocked. I can buy (and I assume?) play the game with a VPN but will my purchase only net me the EU access or can I play on NA servers when I eventually move back to the USA? Also, if anyone has a spare guest key they don't want I would love to take it off your hands!

You can select which server group you will want to play on on the site and in game. So theoretically you can play in NA that way, not 100% on this. The ping will be horrendous since the servers are located in California for NA.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Snatch Duster posted:

You can select which server group you will want to play on on the site and in game. So theoretically you can play in NA that way, not 100% on this. The ping will be horrendous since the servers are located in California for NA.

Cool thanks. I was just wondering so I can get my fix of playing on EU servers and what not here, then probably start over and switch to NA when I get home. Appreciate it!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

kalstrams posted:

It's fairly fun if you put hours into gearing up. And buying a cash shop armor.

FTFY

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ziji posted:

Cool thanks. I was just wondering so I can get my fix of playing on EU servers and what not here, then probably start over and switch to NA when I get home. Appreciate it!

Not 100% certain, but I think the key locks to the region when you select which server group you want to play on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Not 100% certain, but I think the key locks to the region when you select which server group you want to play on.
It doesn't.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So when do we get Jail and Pirate IslandMui Kuhn?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
BDO seriously could be THE dream game for PvE loving folks who want good story, plenty to do and a beautiful world.

Sadly, the fact that this game can be utterly locked down by the top 10 guilds has game breaking. Today I flat out got told "get the ----- out of here or we kill you" while trying to level. This was when i wasn't even interfering with the moron I came across, and of course I began killing a mob nearby and they waited until I was lower health then murdered me.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it. I love the game, sadly the pvp scum that seems to get to run and lock down zones however much they want tho has put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to see.

Fix this Daum unless you want to see a mass exodus. Then your top 10 guilds can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure theyll all be willing to spend enough in the cash shop tho to keep the lights on at the office.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 4, 2016

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Snatch Duster posted:

BDO seriously could be THE dream game for PvE loving folks who want good story, plenty to do and a beautiful world.

Sadly, the fact that this game can be utterly locked down by the top 10 guilds has game breaking. Today I flat out got told "get the ----- out of here or we kill you" while trying to level. This was when i wasn't even interfering with the moron I came across, and of course I began killing a mob nearby and they waited until I was lower health then murdered me.

I'm pretty much done with BDO at this point and sad about it. I love the game, sadly the pvp scum that seems to get to run and lock down zones however much they want tho has put an end to being able to experience the content I paid to see.

Fix this Daum unless you want to see a mass exodus. Then your top 10 guilds can enjoy their ghosttown of a game, I am sure theyll all be willing to spend enough in the cash shop tho to keep the lights on at the office.

If only there were multiple channels you could move to to avoid being being dicks.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dunkan posted:

If only there were multiple channels you could move to to avoid being being dicks.

Shame that every single instance is almost always controlled by the same 3 guilds. :qq:

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
Lewtt is Poofus a pub that just snuck in? If he's trolling at this point he is at master level.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

auto-path looping poll

Poll on the official forums by CM Jouska to see if people want auto-looping added to the game. Korea & the other versions have this feature and people use it to auto-AFK train horses (and strength as well, I guess). Higher tier horses it can literally take like 50 hours of just running the horse around to level it up so it would be another nice activity to do at night instead of not playing to do it.

Frankly I don't see why they haven't added it already, so...

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I think this is why I'm going to try to do as much as I can before I hit Level 45. I know that I'll need to be higher for the new lands but I think at that point I'm just going to go in with non-gemmed gear and take my chances. I'm still in Serendia at level 27 and having a great time. Story is pretty good once you start talking to different people and piecing together whats going on.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
LOL if you think that PVP will inhibit your ability to do poo poo in this game. 45->50 I might have had 3 PVP gank attempts. in the post 50 grind I've had maybe 2 occasions where a guild had a zone "locked down". They always said "Guild Group Grinding Here, Leave Or Die" to which I usually responded with just doing daily and that was that.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Honestly, while that forum post may be pretty hyperbolic, this is a secretly very chill game that's gotten discussed by publicly as a PvP game. I mean, you can play Serendia Wagon Simulator 2016 with your guild, or spend all your time talking to people to get knowledge, or managing an organization within several cities that builds boats in this game, but the very fact that you can kill people without them asking to be killed has made a ton of people decide the only thing here is forced PvP(which you can only do 45+!). But since the gear thing is so big, the servers don't really perform as well as they should, and there's no node warfare, I think there's more here for dudes who just wanna pick herbs than dudes who wanna seriously kill other people.

AFK fishers don't count cause they're not people.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
My only gank was 1 guy kill me in the Hexe Sanctuary, saying this was his "spot"... which right after everyone in the zone ganged up on him and he left

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Speaking of Pvp what do all of the valks in this thread find annoying? Every time I've battled one as a ranger it's just a stalemate. They don't seem to be able to do any damage but shield block allows them to stay put indefinitely. I've resorted to pounding on them for 10+ minutes seeing if I can actually whittle down their shield durability while they cry their eyes out about wasting time/pots. Don't attempt to steal my packs then maybe?

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

LOL if you think that PVP will inhibit your ability to do poo poo in this game. 45->50 I might have had 3 PVP gank attempts. in the post 50 grind I've had maybe 2 occasions where a guild had a zone "locked down". They always said "Guild Group Grinding Here, Leave Or Die" to which I usually responded with just doing daily and that was that.

I've even gotten an invite to one of their groups to get me out of the area faster, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whats up boopers

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Grondoth posted:

Honestly, while that forum post may be pretty hyperbolic, this is a secretly very chill game that's gotten discussed by publicly as a PvP game. I mean, you can play Serendia Wagon Simulator 2016 with your guild, or spend all your time talking to people to get knowledge, or managing an organization within several cities that builds boats in this game, but the very fact that you can kill people without them asking to be killed has made a ton of people decide the only thing here is forced PvP(which you can only do 45+!). But since the gear thing is so big, the servers don't really perform as well as they should, and there's no node warfare, I think there's more here for dudes who just wanna pick herbs than dudes who wanna seriously kill other people.

AFK fishers don't count cause they're not people.

I will feel grief.

Really though having fun with this game and glad the guild hasn't shot me into the sun with my dumb questions.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
All I want to do is brew food and cook potions, but I end up grinding mobs in the evenings instead. How does this happen?!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RedTonic posted:

All I want to do is brew food and cook potions, but I end up grinding mobs in the evenings instead. How does this happen?!

And I am the opposite. I want to get higher levels so I can not get murdered around Ephios Port to start building a fishing boat but I get side tracked getting more CP and making poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Amity solution tool http://bdotools.com/ . Someone did post they did not get what it said. But there are more positive results then negative on the reddit post.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

This hasn't been my experience at all. I saw 0 gank attempts from 45 > 50, but 50+ has been incredibly annoying. Usually within a couple minutes of starting my grind in Hex, Treants, or Catfish, I will get a whisper from someone demanding I leave "Or else!1" Then I have to find a safe zone to switch channels and often times I just get another whisper on the new channel "Guild quest in progress, leave now ;)".

It's not like it is completely inhibiting my ability to do anything, but imagine how annoying it is to get threatened out of a location on several channels in a row.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

This hasn't been my experience at all. I saw 0 gank attempts from 45 > 50, but 50+ has been incredibly annoying. Usually within a couple minutes of starting my grind in Hex, Treants, or Catfish, I will get a whisper from someone demanding I leave "Or else!1" Then I have to find a safe zone to switch channels and often times I just get another whisper on the new channel "Guild quest in progress, leave now ;)".

It's not like it is completely inhibiting my ability to do anything, but imagine how annoying it is to get threatened out of a location on several channels in a row.

I am not looking forward to hitting the higher levels. There is nothing about this sort of thing that sounds like fun to me at all.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

LegalPad posted:

Just be like me and cause a wardec that ends in a ~seven guild alliance~ campaign against GoonTang. gently caress runnin' off, making everyone mad is way more fun.

Has anyone even seen KT or Reckoning lately?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the poster complaining was an unguilded scrub lord. If you read the thread, which I don't recommend, you got a lot of people saying the poster is a greedy piece of poo poo for trying to steal 5 people's grind rotation.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

LegalPad posted:

There are zero goons who will be angry at you for starting fights. Like, what's the point of playing the game if you're not starting poo poo? It'd be like making fishing alliances so that goons can fish in peace.

Also lol at "Stealing grind rotations." That's some maplestory level poo poo right there.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I think anyone who cares about their grind rotations being stolen should probably have their grind rotations stolen.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
How ping sensitive is this game? Will I hate myself playing NA from the EU? Never really enjoy the EU ghetto in these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

There are zero goons who will be angry at you for starting fights. Like, what's the point of playing the game if you're not starting poo poo? It'd be like making fishing alliances so that goons can fish in peace.

Also lol at "Stealing grind rotations." That's some maplestory level poo poo right there.

I don't think its the fact he doesn't want to start stuff. It's that he wants to level up and getting involved in fighting is counter productive to him accomplishing that. Doubly so when he decides to fight and then gets ganged up on.