Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks Kelly. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You beautiful bastard.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
God bless Kelly.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Oh jesus lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I'm confused. All the Marvel movies are bad now in the light of BvS?

I'm at work and only have MSPaint. Sorry!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Ang Lee's Hulk was for sure the best Marvel movie. This isn't some kind of burn or anything, I just really loved it. There's a drat Looney Tunes chase!

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

This seems like sour grapes considering Marvel movies are far more financially and critically successful.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

This seems like sour grapes considering Marvel movies are far more financially and critically successful.

It's a parody of boosterism, including specifically the sort that is invested in the financial success of the products.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Is this the first instance in CineD of someone not getting what a Kelly cartoon is

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Lol

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Have you considered that I didn't want those grapes anyway?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Sorry guys I'm Team Marvel and the joke went over my head.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The MSJ posted:

Looking festive there, Mads.

I am so excited for this movie.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Strange looks like Thor 1. I think its going to be really bad

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

net cafe scandal posted:

Eh, looks like set photos.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Link to the trailer?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
As long as we're just blurting out opinions, I think Doctor Strange looks great. It has a killer cast and the costumes are very cool. I've never seen a Scott Derrickson movie though, hopefully he doesn't suck.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Burkion posted:

I've said it over and over and over before but man

I dread the next Spider-Man movie. I really do. Like, I want Civil War to be good. I don't expect it to be, but I'd like for it to. I liked Winter Soldier.

The next Spider-Man movie is just going to be an utter mess. Sony and Marvel are going to be fighting over every little thing and the poor director, who is not a power house of personality or talent like Sam Raimi, is going to be on either end of the two.

Spidey is one of my favorite heroes so knowing this just makes me sad. And really grateful we got 2 great movies thanks to Raimi.

What's really interesting is seeing Feige's notes on ASM (like, "are we really doing the origin story again", and, "who cares about the parents?!?!")

Maybe we'll see more of his influence in this one taking root.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Colonel Whitey posted:

As long as we're just blurting out opinions, I think Doctor Strange looks great. It has a killer cast and the costumes are very cool. I've never seen a Scott Derrickson movie though, hopefully he doesn't suck.

Sinister was alright but everything else he's done has been dreck - low tier poo poo horror (I love horror but his moves are embarrassing).

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Electromax posted:

Link to the trailer?

I havent seen the trailer but the director is very bad and the costuming looks Thor tier

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

It's already been confirmed by multiple cast members that this isn't happening.

Do you have any sources. Badassdigest says they're doing reshoots in downtown la. Fourth paragraph in, in this article: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/04/what-bvs-second-week-drop-means-for-the-dc-movieverse

I do seem like a Devin Faraci fanboy don't I.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Shageletic posted:

Do you have any sources. Badassdigest says they're doing reshoots in downtown la. Fourth paragraph in, in this article: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/04/what-bvs-second-week-drop-means-for-the-dc-movieverse

I do seem like a Devin Faraci fanboy don't I.

Those are pickups that were already scheduled

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
better shot of the eyes:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Sorry guys I'm Team Marvel and the joke went over my head.

It's a fake editorial cartoon from the Onion

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I havent seen the trailer but the director is very bad and the costuming looks Thor tier

The costuming is like one of the only good things about the Thor movies tho

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The costuming is like one of the only good things about the Thor movies tho

How dare you slander Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba, and 38-second slo-mo pans of Chris Hemsworth's naked body.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bring back old gbs posted:

better shot of the eyes:

That is sick as gently caress. I want it to become a thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that it's a practical effect.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I hope they're paying Mads well, that looks like it's horrible to have applied.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I like how that one report has everyone convinced that these are some big reshoots to retool the movie.

Meanwhile the biggest star in the movie by a long shot, who would surely be involved in such reshoots, is literally clear across the country shooting a different movie, which kinda blows up that idea right away.

World War Z had reshoots. This has pickups. You don't dedicate funds for a reshoot unless you think the movie might destroy careers at the point it's at.

There might be more humor slipped into the pickups, sure. But the scenes aren't going to change the fundamental tone of the film since pickups don't do that at all.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I love that it's a practical effect.

I'm guessing it is going to be a mix of practical and digital, with the actual eyeballs at least having some form of effect.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

bring back old gbs posted:

better shot of the eyes:

Shante you stay.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Detective Dog Dick posted:

Shante you stay.

llllloooooooooollllllllll into infinity

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm guessing it is going to be a mix of practical and digital, with the actual eyeballs at least having some form of effect.

Oh yeah no doubt. They must be planning some extreeeeme closeups, and I hope some extremely dramatic hammy poo poo for Mads to do while framed extremely close up.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Colonel Whitey posted:

I hope they're paying Mads well, that looks like it's horrible to have applied.

Went to a festival recently where a friend did similar intricate eye makeup - it didn't take super long as half of it was sticker based - the effect on the outer part of the eyes looks like it could almost be a specially designed decal. That way you can keep consistency between shots.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse: Death, Death, Death and Death.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Those skeletons could have starved to death, or been killed in a war, or have encountered some form of deadly pestilence.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

You mean Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard :colbert:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I only count two pale horses. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
There are no pale horses, because pale means sickly green in coloration in Revelation.

• Locked thread