Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Is tweetbot the only decent 3rd party twitter client? I'm fedup of the amount of sponsored tweets i'm getting with the official app.

I use Tweetbot, but Twitterific is good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Just saying, it's a ticking timebomb until Twitter forces the sponsored tweets on the APIs as well.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

track day bro! posted:

Is tweetbot the only decent 3rd party twitter client? I'm fedup of the amount of sponsored tweets i'm getting with the official app.

He's fedup of the amount of sponsored tweets he's getting with the official app.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

He's fedup of the amount of sponsored tweets he's getting with the official app.

I am 😌

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Anyone else having trouble with the App Store? Purchases and updates just sit there spinning and spinning :(

e: iPhone is fine, probelm gone after rebooting the mini4 :tinfoil:

Unity Gain fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 5, 2016

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Does anyone use iCloud photos and Dropbox camera upload? I have both turned on, and it seems that Dropbox is uploading duplicates of old photos repeatedly.

I wonder if it's re-uploading when a full sized picture gets downloaded onto the phone via iCloud photos?

I should probably just turn off Dropbox camera upload, but it is useful for sharing.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Does anyone use iCloud photos and Dropbox camera upload? I have both turned on, and it seems that Dropbox is uploading duplicates of old photos repeatedly.

I wonder if it's re-uploading when a full sized picture gets downloaded onto the phone via iCloud photos?

I should probably just turn off Dropbox camera upload, but it is useful for sharing.

I have both on and it has caused no problems. I also upload to OneDrive without issue.

I did notice that if I turned it on on my iPad, I'd get duplicates in Dropbox, but with it only on my phone I have no issue.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Are there any PDF readers that will sync position across devices? I've got an iPad at home, one at work, and my iPhone that I'd like to read a large technical PDF on, but I don't want to have to keep remembering where I left off on each device.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Doesn't iBooks do that?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Does it? Can I load my own PDFs into iBooks? I'll give that a try tomorrow then, thanks.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Does it? Can I load my own PDFs into iBooks? I'll give that a try tomorrow then, thanks.
Yes. And PDFs can now be synced through iCloud.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

I'm not sure if there's a way to do it from your phone directly but I've loaded plenty of PDFs onto iCloud from my Macbook Air.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
What's a good grocery list app?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wunderlist is the best list app I find !

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Speaking of sponsored tweets...

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

Paprika.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

PaganGoatPants posted:

I really like AnyList for grocery shopping. It'll automatically group things by category and lets you set favourites so you don't need to type out anything you buy regularly. There's a whole web / meal planning premium component too but I've never had reason to try it.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

in a similar vein is there any good recipe apps?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mesmerized posted:

in a similar vein is there any good recipe apps?

We had this talk last page.

(Spoiler: it's Paprika)

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

gently caress i knew that question sounded familiar

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

PaganGoatPants posted:

Not sure about other apps, but if you just use Reminders and make a list called "Grocery" you can tell Siri "add <thing> to my grocery list".

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

PaganGoatPants posted:

I like "Our Groceries" - It allows you to sync with another phone/user - It's pretty handy.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

Dashlane

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I like 'Paprika' myself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Overcast

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Tenterhooks posted:

I really like AnyList for grocery shopping. It'll automatically group things by category and lets you set favourites so you don't need to type out anything you buy regularly. There's a whole web / meal planning premium component too but I've never had reason to try it.

Strongly seconded.

Also, it offers list sharing that syncs instantaneously. Like, amazingly instantaneous.

Oh and you can resort the grocery categories so that they match your own local grocery store and your normal path through it. It's one of those things that seems so small but now it's the (second, instant syncing is seriously phenomenal) best part of the app.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

PaganGoatPants posted:

I like Bring! because it has a fairly robust watch app.

I can also share the list for my partner when he goes out shopping.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 6, 2016

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
My wife and I are use OurGroceries and it suits our needs well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I like Bring! because it has a fairly robust watch app.

I can also share the list for my partner when he goes out shopping.

This looks extremely my poo poo. I need more watch apps.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This looks extremely my poo poo. I need more watch apps.

It's probably one of the few watch apps I use regularly.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there an app that lets you check off all the subscription services you have access to, and browse their respective movie catalogs in a unified search? And going one step further, is there such an app that lets you add your own video collection as well?

Use case scenario - my wife wants to watch a romantic comedy when we get home. She pulls up the app, selects a genre filter, and sees results from Netflix, HBO Go, and my own blu-ray collection. That sort of thing.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
That would cut into sales of the newest AppleTV.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What are some good widgets for the ipad? So far I am using Weather Underground along with the included ones.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Minidust posted:

Is there an app that lets you check off all the subscription services you have access to, and browse their respective movie catalogs in a unified search? And going one step further, is there such an app that lets you add your own video collection as well?

Use case scenario - my wife wants to watch a romantic comedy when we get home. She pulls up the app, selects a genre filter, and sees results from Netflix, HBO Go, and my own blu-ray collection. That sort of thing.

No. In theory, an application could do this, but it would necessitate a shitload of manual labor - tracking what each streaming service classifies as what genre (and dealing with poo poo like "Is a romantic comedy a specific category, or a subset of romances? What about dramedy's? etc) and manually dealing with each streaming service's search functions (if it's exposed to 3rd party requests at all!). But I think the biggest blocker is you'd need to pass your login information for each service to a 3rd party developer, and I cannot see that flying with Apple and the App Store policy.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The theoretical app would just provide a list though, like instantwatcher.com . No need for an individual's login info.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You might want to look at an app called FanTV. Not sure if it does a genre search, but if you search for a movie/show, it'll tell you which services it's available on, and if you have that service's app installed, you can open it by clicking in the FanTV app to watch it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You might want to look at an app called FanTV. Not sure if it does a genre search, but if you search for a movie/show, it'll tell you which services it's available on, and if you have that service's app installed, you can open it by clicking in the FanTV app to watch it.
This is pretty close to what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Adobe Sketch is pretty nice with the Apple Pencil, but is there a app with layers yet?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
New Reddit app is out, but please don't delete Alien Blue if you already use it. They pulled AB from the app store. You can still download it from Updates -> Purchased though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Rirse posted:

Adobe Sketch is pretty nice with the Apple Pencil, but is there a app with layers yet?

Autodesk sketchbook supports layers, another big app from a famous desktop art developer.

Procreate is astounding, and supports layers.

Pixelmator is good too, it's as close to proper desktop photoshop on the app store.