Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

....Like, what's the point of playing the game if you're not starting poo poo?....

I love full-loot PVP games, or at least games where killing other players actually holds some kind of meaningful consequence/reward. PVP in BDO feels tacked on and not very fleshed out, and to even participate you have to grind for gear.
I don't give a poo poo about starting fights, I'd just rather not have to call in backup because someone has +4 more enchants on their gear and is virtually invincible to me.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LegalPad posted:

I love full-loot PVP games, or at least games where killing other players actually holds some kind of meaningful consequence/reward. PVP in BDO feels tacked on and not very fleshed out, and to even participate you have to grind for gear.
I don't give a poo poo about starting fights, I'd just rather not have to call in backup because someone has +4 more enchants on their gear and is virtually invincible to me.

Well it is your fault for not being grind god. Just get good shitlorde.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Well it is your fault for not being grind god. Just get good shitlorde.

Shut up you BIG FAT BLOB!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LegalPad posted:

Shut up you BIG FAT BLOB!

This is me now, I'm a the pretty ranger princess Serseya and not you or society or my mom can convince me otherwise!

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

This is me now, I'm a the pretty ranger princess Serseya and not you or society or my mom can convince me otherwise!

I will take 2 of those printed on waifu pillows. Tia.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Not bored or annoyed enough to be an mmo character in my book.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berious posted:

How ping sensitive is this game? Will I hate myself playing NA from the EU? Never really enjoy the EU ghetto in these games.
It is ping sensitive to a noticeable extent, but I don't hate myself playing from EU, and neither do UK or AU goons seem to be doing that either. I'd not be surprised to learn that my ping is barely worse than either of them, and maybe than even that of east coast goons either.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think that really depends on the class. Some classes are better about just sitting there and loving poo poo up. Some like the sorc need you to be onpoint with dashes and stuff to keep at optimal murder.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

randombattle posted:

I think that really depends on the class. Some classes are better about just sitting there and loving poo poo up. Some like the sorc need you to be onpoint with dashes and stuff to keep at optimal murder.

kalstrams posted:

It is ping sensitive to a noticeable extent, but I don't hate myself playing from EU, and neither do UK or AU goons seem to be doing that either. I'd not be surprised to learn that my ping is barely worse than either of them, and maybe than even that of east coast goons either.

Sweet thanks for the replies. Think I'll pull the trigger. What is a fairly ping friendly class? I was thinking of Wizard or Ranger

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Wizard seems to be a lot of charge and release which probably works fine. I haven't played a ranger though.

It doesn't seem laggy the same way like age of wushu did though so really you could play whatever you want.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you aren't guilded so they can't declare war, and if you aren't wearing expensive gems.... what's stopping you from just coming back to the same spot over and over to gently caress over their karma if they keep trying to kill you over a grind spot?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

J posted:

If you aren't guilded so they can't declare war, and if you aren't wearing expensive gems.... what's stopping you from just coming back to the same spot over and over to gently caress over their karma if they keep trying to kill you over a grind spot?

Nothing. Your e-honor.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

J posted:

Rifter spam is an acquired taste that few ever acquire. I couldn't tell you if that's good or bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berious posted:

Sweet thanks for the replies. Think I'll pull the trigger. What is a fairly ping friendly class? I was thinking of Wizard or Ranger
I'm playing Ranger and I don't have much to complain about as far as connection goes, insofar.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Has anyone had to deal with email support? I submitted a ticket and while doing it, it said I would have to click a link they would send me in the email to actually submit the ticket. I never got an email with a link to click, just one saying 'ticket submitted, add any replies above this line'.

Will support ever get back to me? Issue was I deleted a character last time I played (like a month ago) and when I load up now that slot seems to be locked :|

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Danith posted:

Has anyone had to deal with email support? I submitted a ticket and while doing it, it said I would have to click a link they would send me in the email to actually submit the ticket. I never got an email with a link to click, just one saying 'ticket submitted, add any replies above this line'.

Will support ever get back to me? Issue was I deleted a character last time I played (like a month ago) and when I load up now that slot seems to be locked :|
Was that character made in a extra character slot from pre-order? I think they had some issues where they locked those out and you have to re-request the extra slots from their website. If not, :shrug:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
It was the bottom slot, so I guess so :(

I didn't see any support option relating to character slots so I just chose gameplay - character.. hopefully they know what to do.

Thanks for letting me know

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

J posted:

Which makes that post even more funny because eventually you are griefing your assaulters.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I am Geralt's retarded Korean MMO cousin

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

flyboi posted:

I am Geralt's retarded Korean MMO cousin

Please tell me your donkey is named Silverfish.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Anyone have a link to a good 'wtf to do in your first hours of BDO' guide? I'm reading about these individual systems, but I'm basically just running around like an idiot clicking on random things.

Also, what do the little numbers and arrows mean next to the amity wheel? I see some people have have quests and there will be a little number like 200 with a red arrow, but I have no idea what it means. My amity will be over 200 and still no quest.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

atholbrose posted:

Please tell me your donkey is named Silverfish.

Arse, unfortunately. I hope people can't see the names of my animals they're not very nice :ohdear:

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Anyone have a link to a good 'wtf to do in your first hours of BDO' guide? I'm reading about these individual systems, but I'm basically just running around like an idiot clicking on random things.

Also, what do the little numbers and arrows mean next to the amity wheel? I see some people have have quests and there will be a little number like 200 with a red arrow, but I have no idea what it means. My amity will be over 200 and still no quest.

Some quests, even though you grinded the amity, won't show up unless you have a required skill level (e.g. apprentice 5 gathering).

As far as a link.. read the op? and watch Harukai's videos, they're good.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm basically just running around like an idiot clicking on random things.

You are playing the game correctly.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
Have you seen this horrible person??

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Why is your picture so small

mediah prinah spot

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Doc Cunado
Mar 16, 2009

J posted:

I have to say I was a little worried about getting to 45+ so I've just been playing on different characters, but this makes me want to get there even faster.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

J posted:

The only thing I can think of is one of my PVP deaths yesterday (where we were purposefully loving around and not caring if they killed us because negative karma for them) I did lose about 1% exp. Probably rarer than a PVE death but it happens.

They did leave us alone after that until their wardec went through, but by that point it was reset and we were doing guild scrolls so...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Big bo is the worse sherrif

looks like those duke boys got away again

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Rip all the goons who died to a level 48 on a horse.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I have spent the last like week and a half just cooking and laying in a bed. I've been annoyingly busy with real life recently so am still 45, but I'm almost to 46

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Hy_C posted:

Rip all the goons who died to a level 48 on a horse.

That horse is stupid fast, got me auto-pathing. I wasn't even afk but I couldn't get my game input back in focus to hit a pot.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Can we get a statistic on how many 100 dollar pack people have already quit?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
braela was the proud recipient of a 24 hour gkick from dying to a lowbie

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

The Quake posted:

i'm one of them :|

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

J posted:

I had that with my 2nd PK experience (the first was a Ranger who popped me while I was knee-deep in Catfishmen and I never saw her again). A Sorceress in a ghille suit came up to me in the green orc area with a sub-45 in tow, flagged herself, shot me while I was fighting a group of orcs, told me to leave and started a 10 second countdown. Like any self-respecting Warrior I rushed past the orcs and slammed her face into the floor. Sadly this exposed my back to the orcs and I snuffed it :orks101::argh: After respawning I found her again and started trolling her hard, stealing as many kills as I could and slamming her face into the floor whenever she re-flagged. Sadly I was unable to kill her (That teleport the Sorceress gets allows them to move huge distances quickly, and Warriors only get one big "Holy poo poo look at that damage" move which is on a 10-second countdown) and although she seemed capable of killing me (whenever she hit me when my shield was down it hurt like hell) she never finished me off, seemingly hoping the orcs would do it and protect her karma. Which of course allowed me to continue trolling her. Lost her a few times, found her again and resumed kill-stealing, and then I found I had completed my dailies and buggered off. All in all a very entertaining experience.

Aside from that tart, practically everyone I've come across just goes about their own business. A lot more civil then I had thought it would be.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Quake posted:

I'm still in, and raised the pot by another $100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

lewtt posted:

braela was the proud recipient of a 24 hour gkick from dying to a lowbie

I wish I had a trophy to remember this.

:negative: