Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

man nurse posted:

My 100th ranked victory and I'm still only super bronze :negative:

That's gonna be me, eventually, too. I keep getting like 6-10 points into Super Bronze and immediately getting slapped back out of it, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

deadly_pudding posted:

That's gonna be me, eventually, too. I keep getting like 6-10 points into Super Bronze and immediately getting slapped back out of it, haha.

Misery loves company, I suppose. I'm in the same boat where I'm bouncing back and forth between Bronze and Super Bronze right now. Hopefully I'll reach the point where I can at least stay in Super Bronze consistently.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I was well in Ultra Bronze and got slapped back down into super and haven't played ranked in like 2 weeks. Maybe I will today

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Nick Biped posted:

Misery loves company, I suppose. I'm in the same boat where I'm bouncing back and forth between Bronze and Super Bronze right now. Hopefully I'll reach the point where I can at least stay in Super Bronze consistently.

If you are actively trying to learn, this will happen. Each time I went up a rank for some reason I found it happened after I didn't play for a few days.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Your weekly public service announcement that rank is not a reliable assessment of player skill and your rank therefore means nothing.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

You must be rookie.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Agoat posted:

Anyone going to the CEO Monthly next week?

I'll be there on Sunday! I can't stay for the whole thing, though, since I have to be up around 5 AM on Mondays. I'll either be lurking the merch table or building upon my Birdie cosplay due to the all you can eat buffet.

Actually I just found out it got cancelled. Eh!

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Sade posted:

Your weekly public service announcement that rank is not a reliable assessment of player skill and your rank therefore means nothing.

While this is objectively true, it does seems like the amount people care about rank and use to to measure an opponent's worth correlates to how high they themselves are ranked. They may even argue that what you wrote is just something low ranking people say. In a way it becomes a endless argument of their word against their word, perpetuating the illusion of SFV ranking system being functional and accurate in the eyes of the casual player.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Remember that quote about the guy who wasn't allowed some special treatment at evo and it was absurd because he was the #1 ranked Blanka on psn

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Remember that quote about the guy who wasn't allowed some special treatment at evo and it was absurd because he was the #1 ranked Blanka on psn

blanka players are scum

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Laura is kind of lame but at least her being in the game means we probably won't see Blanka in SF5

Well maybe until like season 6 of DLC characters when they're adding all the greatest hits like el fuerte and dan

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Please link that Alex video whenever anyone asks about shimmy ever again

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I really want oro next season, but my cynical heart is telling me it isn't going to happen.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Has anyone come across a Necalli guide for frametraps / knockdown pressure? Hoping for something similar to this Nash video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXhRqkr9F4

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

cougar cub posted:

Has anyone come across a Necalli guide for frametraps / knockdown pressure? Hoping for something similar to this Nash video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXhRqkr9F4

Getepe!

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

I like you very much!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also this guy's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUm1J-7_Kg

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Is there something like this for ryu?

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

Sade posted:

I think the ranked system is more or less fine. It depends on the players and their playstyles/mental state/lag too. I've had poo poo happen like beating 3600 lp ryu followed by immediately losing to a 1400 lp ryu. I've had several cases like that of back to back matches where the lower lp player wins and the higher lp player loses(playing the same character).

I've had a chun who mashed jab on every single wake up/reset/block string/any time she could. I took one round off her exclusively dp'ing on her wakeup... like 7 times in a row... she kept doing it until she died. I just refused to believe she would keep doing it next round and just played normally and lost... But that's so far outside of the norm, you can't really expect it. I figured this was just that person loving with me and looking to bait dp's for the final round. Also I suck at timing meaty throws/anything in this game.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Is there something like this for ryu?

Probably, but you'd have to look for it. There's a lot of vids being thrown around, and as evidenced by fozzy's post there are more than one option for a character.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
It was just so neat and tidy

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

It was just so neat and tidy

Maybe main Necalli? :twisted:

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

If i fail to hit confirm into critical art one more time i might lose my mind

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AttackTheMoon posted:

If i fail to hit confirm into critical art one more time i might lose my mind

Yup

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Turn off vsync, then weep whenever you are playing with it back on

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Why the gently caress does vega wear a shirt in this game? he's got a sweet rear end snake tattoo to show off. whoever made all these costumes needs to be taken out back cuz there loving awful.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 5, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
As I've slowly begun working on Alex, the way he's been added to the game makes me think they'll do right by Urien when he's eventually added.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Showing off your tattoo's is lame, it's way better to discreetly hint at them through revealing clothing.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
There's a new Mika mod out.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alright, that's pretty loving good.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

For the life of me I can't figure out what Bro Ken has to do with Safety Not Guaranteed.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

I'll be there on Sunday! I can't stay for the whole thing, though, since I have to be up around 5 AM on Mondays. I'll either be lurking the merch table or building upon my Birdie cosplay due to the all you can eat buffet.

Actually I just found out it got cancelled. Eh!

Just come out to Winter Haven next Monday! :getin:

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't have a problem with Ken or Alex's hair, and I don't even have a problem with Ken's battle costume (when it's in-game, where it actually looks really good, unlike on the character select screen).

it does not look good, in game, either

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Sarchasm posted:

For the life of me I can't figure out what Bro Ken has to do with Safety Not Guaranteed.

http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/

e: I guess the sound doesn't work anymore? Well, this is the music that used to be on that page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Hypothetical preview of what the top of my ghettostick will look like. If I can find a good way to print in the appropriate dimensions (14x9), anyway.

Gotta go with Seimitsu buttons though. Sanwa just doesn't have the color selection, and slightly firmer buttons (which Seimitsus tend to be?) shouldn't bother me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That's really good.

Booyah- posted:

it does not look good, in game, either

It looks pretty good in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y80fwiSLV0&t=105s

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 5, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008