Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The "you're just a hater anyway" argument is terrible. I desperately would love for there to be a Superman movie that is good, and gave the last two cinematic at-bats a lot more latitude than I would have for more movies, I think because of a fondness for the character. He's just become completely unrecognizable though, like almost a level of disrespect for the character that reaches XMO:Wolvering Deadpool levels.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Posting sequel ideas itt.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What amazing comic covers. Bat-Son's striped bell bottoms are the clincher; also Robin face palming in the dark corner.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*sigh* Millenials.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gutcruncher posted:

Batman The Brave and the Bold had an amazing Batman Vs Superman episode that even great cutaway gags based on the Superdick covers

i would pay good money to see a DC movie universe based on Batman: Brave and Bold

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Nobody would watch a goofy superhero movie, idiot. I am a highly-paid movie producer and I have never heard of Deadpool, GotG, Ironman, or the well-received Reeves Superman.

But yeah, a super fun movie where a bunch of insane superheroes were just relaxing on a space station and waiting for a magic alien from the future to attack St. Louis would be amazing.

naem
May 29, 2011

A serious tone movie can have fun light moments and a light fun tone movie can have serious moments, but when your movie is all PUNCHING SMASH DEPRESSION EXPLOSION GRIMDARK it had better be like really really good, like Nolan batman 2, or it's just "not good"

Movies should be "good" and not "bad" is, what,

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

naem posted:

there is a whole subforum that would disagree

naem
May 29, 2011

I laughed nonstop through two fantastic hours of deadpool, a graphic movie about murder/torturer/prostitute/killers

Man of steel, a movie where heroic good guys save the day, left me grim and depressed, lifeless, sad, bereft of hope, with a sense that powers beyond my control don't much care about me or anything and we might as well just smash stuff because meh

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

naem posted:

A serious tone movie can have fun light moments and a light fun tone movie can have serious moments, but when your movie is all PUNCHING SMASH DEPRESSION EXPLOSION GRIMDARK it had better be like really really good, like Nolan batman 2, or it's just "not good"

The weird thing is the Nolan Batmen had plenty of jokes but DC forgot this I guess

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Disappointed SMG's first take didn't mention Zizek even once. 3/5, will wait for extended cut.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hell, we still have X-men running strong at 8 films in the franchise and they still haven't technically used their reboot card, which Batman has cashed in 3 times, and Superman and Spiderman have used twice.

'Superman Returns' was a sequel to Reeves' Superman and Superman II (but ignored III and IV) so it wasn't technically a hard reboot. Not that I realised it was supposed to be a sequel when I watched it ...

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
I have always attested that's Addam West batman, is best batman. It rhymes so it must be true, heck even Nolan acknowledges this by basing the whole third act of rises on the Addam West film. 'Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb'

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

TheDonPeters posted:

I have always attested that's Addam West batman, is best batman. It rhymes so it must be true, heck even Nolan acknowledges this by basing the whole third act of rises on the Addam West film. 'Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb'

This is what I have always stated, myself.

Adam West is the one true batman.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Superman Returns' was a sequel to Reeves' Superman and Superman II (but ignored III and IV) so it wasn't technically a hard reboot. Not that I realised it was supposed to be a sequel when I watched it ...

A [dumb] thought that passed through my head last night as I was catching up with this thread and saw Joel Schumacher's Batmans mentioned- it's only pretty recent that all these concepts of 'reboots' and 'soft reboots' and so on have come in to common enough vernacular, and almost specifically in regards to our big nerdy genre films. It'd be interesting to think if those terms had been around in 1995, and how that would have shaped our thinking...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Adam West Batman owns.

https://vine.co/v/iH9x0rXeI3B

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

A [dumb] thought that passed through my head last night as I was catching up with this thread and saw Joel Schumacher's Batmans mentioned- it's only pretty recent that all these concepts of 'reboots' and 'soft reboots' and so on have come in to common enough vernacular, and almost specifically in regards to our big nerdy genre films. It'd be interesting to think if those terms had been around in 1995, and how that would have shaped our thinking...

I know that Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes brought about the term "reimagining", but that was 2001 or so.

I'm not sure if anyone referred to the 1989 Batman as a reboot or remake, since it definitely wasn't following the Adam West-Burt Ward TV show or movie. It was just is it's own thing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm robin in the background seriously rethinking his life up to this point

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sadly, I don't think this is a real cover. Check the approval stamp and compare it to the others posted.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

snyder's ayn rand movie would def be the culling blow to his career. can't imagine how loving bad that garbage would be

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
"Anyone who doesn't like Batman vs. Superman is literally retarded, it was a good movie"

- my roommate who almost burned my house down, who I drive to work every day as he has no car, thinks the wrestler Kane should be president and is also a big DC fanboy

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Otisburg posted:

there is a whole subforum that would disagree

no see if a movie is too good you don't have to invoke your cognitive dissonancecritical thinking skills to really grasp *sound of a moist fart reverberates endlessly*

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
please make an ayn rand movie with slow mo 300 fight scenes please the world needs this

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Mr. Unlucky posted:

please make an ayn rand movie with slow mo 300 fight scenes please the world needs this

imagine the entirety of the galt speech in slow motion. words too of course.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It must have ruled writing for batman back then.

Every single person is high and drunk off their loving rear end.

Then he's hanging from like a helicopter

Yeah! And then a shark jumps up and grabs him.

Luckily, like, luckily man, he's got like, shark repellent.

Whoa......

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

It must have ruled writing for batman back then.

Every single person is high and drunk off their loving rear end.

Then he's hanging from like a helicopter

Yeah! And then a shark jumps up and grabs him.

Luckily, like, luckily man, he's got like, shark repellent.

Whoa......

Can we at least agree that Julie Newmar was the hottest catwoman?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

we will galt in the shade

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

in the justice league movie can there be a scene where a tsunami is headed towards a third world country and instead of stopping it superman is all 'moochers don't deserved to be loved, rust in piss brownfolk'

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Percelus posted:

in the justice league movie can there be a scene where a tsunami is headed towards a third world country and instead of stopping it superman is all 'moochers don't deserved to be loved, rust in piss brownfolk'

[gunman shooting up a kindergarten class, Superman crashes through school ceiling and stands in the way of the shooter]

Kids: SUPERMAN!

Superman: this never would have happened if you kids had guns

*superman flies away*

Cindy, age 5: Where are you goi...

*Cindy's brains splash her 21 year old teacher in the face as she tries to hide the children behind her as a human shield*

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's a big part of why it didn't work. It couldn't decide whether it was a sequel or a remake, so it ended up just being Donner's Superman with a dumb cu ck plotline added in.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

thinks the wrestler Kane should be president

Sounds good to me.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

"God damnit Perry I won't write another article about how we should give social security to all these immigrants"

*Perry smiles Jewishly*

"this looks like a job for Superman..."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

[gunman shooting up a kindergarten class, Superman crashes through school ceiling and stands in the way of the shooter]

Kids: SUPERMAN!

Superman: this never would have happened if you kids had guns

*superman flies away*

Cindy, age 5: Where are you goi...

*Cindy's brains splash her 21 year old teacher in the face as she tries to hide the children behind her as a human shield*
You forgot Superman coming back to give the teacher a thumbs up for her clever boot-strapping, but otherwise perfect.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Mel Mudkiper posted:

In the movie its delivered as a half-hearted one-liner with all of its emotional weight removed from the performance.

I was already ready to give up on the film, but as soon as they did the bit with Rorschach and the shrink and Rorschy gives a big list as to why he loving loathes him, but in the film he goes, "You're fat..." And then there's a huge pause for laughs, (fair play people DID laugh) I just shook my head. loving Watchmen, man. Such a ham-handed mess.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

"Anyone who doesn't like Batman vs. Superman is literally retarded, it was a good movie"

- my roommate who almost burned my house down, who I drive to work every day as he has no car, thinks the wrestler Kane should be president and is also a big DC fanboy

sorry you share quarters with somebody that seems to be the living antithesis of having good taste

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Young Freud posted:

Sadly, I don't think this is a real cover. Check the approval stamp and compare it to the others posted.

Aw hell, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Kevin Smith has an hour long review of BvS on youtube, creating what may in fact be the only thing more unwatchable than BvS itself.

• Locked thread