Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dragonstalking posted:

No one in PL cares about KDR, which ours is probably poo poo anyways because of the bling we fly. Grath is also the dude who flies pimp for marauders around for the lulz so I'm pretty sure you're drawing the wrong conclusions there guy, which is stunning considering Grath spelled it out in plain English.

Grath's gimmick solo marauder roams don't make up for grath's soundclouds hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meclin
Dec 3, 2011

Daruna posted:

Why's it bullshit? I personally really like the bee one, though I'm not sure what the middle one is supposed to represent when it comes to "Money Badgers"

Not discounting your affinity for the aesthetic, but the name is idiotic in the first place.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its the cat tail buttplug never used

But he said I might still be allergic, I had to pass

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ApocalypseMeow posted:

I wasn't around for the original stomping(s) of TEST but whatever you guys did it must have been glorious because they seem to be frothing at the mouth over the chance of payback. Seeing the sheer amount of salt on reddit is great, meanwhile I'm just happy to be flying in fleets and killing stuff for a change. We had a Caracal fleet yesterday of 160 odd goons in EUTZ that chewed up a PH Ferox fleet, good times.

They will fail and fail again. Let them think they can destroy us, they don't know crap about goons.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

yogizh posted:

I for once welcome our new PL overlords.

Hoover Inc. is so loving elite, after those years I still wonder how the gently caress they got in PL.
Honestly with people that have a giant case of Stockholm syndrome like CVA and TEST, who wouldn't use them as meatshield.

Pretty sure (~98% sure) they were picked up just for Wrik.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

To be fair deadtear posts in the dota thread, but i'm not sure that's much better.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Meclin posted:

Not discounting your affinity for the aesthetic, but the name is idiotic in the first place.

Which name? Money Badgers or World War Bee?

If you find the name Money Badgers idiotic, I tend to agree with you it's loving awful and so was the Honey Badgers

If you find the name World War Bee idiotic, :rolleyes:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

World War Bee is literally CCP cashing in on the community's hatred of goons and praying that a shitload of people resub

Who cares

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

vyst posted:

To be fair deadtear posts in the dota thread, but i'm not sure that's much better.

It is but only barely.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

same but star citizen here

Why would anyone not just post in the star citizen thread?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

im gonna start posting more in china.jpg to let my racism free

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dragonstalking posted:

No one in PL cares about KDR, which ours is probably poo poo anyways because of the bling we fly. Grath is also the dude who flies pimp for marauders around for the lulz so I'm pretty sure you're drawing the wrong conclusions there guy, which is stunning considering Grath spelled it out in plain English.

I'm pretty sure I've told you this at least once when you were in Waffles, and once before I kicked you out of Fweddit.

Please stop posting. TIA. :fuckoff:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

World War Bee is literally CCP cashing in on the community's hatred of goons and praying that a shitload of people resub

Who cares

In the absence of the CFC having a name it seems fairly obvious that CCP are gonna refer to the name the most active community has come up with. I'm sure that once you decide to start calling this shindig something other than "the war" then CCP'll mention it in a post too. You guys get up in arms over the weirdest stuff.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I've said in Elysium multiple times, but where the gently caress is all the goon propaganda?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone should make a video games thread in yospos

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Drythe posted:

I've said in Elysium multiple times, but where the gently caress is all the goon propaganda?

downvoted into oblivion on reddit

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drythe posted:

But he said I might still be allergic, I had to pass
might be isnt a guarantee, go for it

Daruna posted:

In the absence of the CFC having a name it seems fairly obvious that CCP are gonna refer to the name the most active community has come up with. I'm sure that once you decide to start calling this shindig something other than "the war" then CCP'll mention it in a post too. You guys get up in arms over the weirdest stuff.

real question why did you register then not post for 5 years

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

:staredog:

I have no idea what I'm doing once I hit the undock button. I just wing it, press the buttons and hope for the best. I better stay in Waffe.

Also :ullerrm: could probably make billions on ghost writing Sniggerdly applications and answers for follow up questions.

A lot of people just copy someone else's app for the fittings and stuff depending on the corp.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

Why would anyone not just post in the star citizen thread?

i made a post in QCS and they laughed at the fact that I have 7000 posts about star citizen, lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Daruna posted:

World war goon would have been better imo but my opinions are really bad

Meclin
Dec 3, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

Who cares

Rolling back Fozzie sov and letting us use supers/caps without being sodomized by the fatigue mushrooms would bring back more people.

And yes the World War Bee thing annoys me, and I agree we get pissy about wierd stuff. But EVE is real and stuff.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

A lot of people just copy someone else's app for the fittings and stuff depending on the corp.

...or get a Jeffraider vouch and the app itself is just a formality.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

real question why did you register then not post for 5 years

:iiam:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Meclin posted:

Rolling back Fozzie sov and letting us use supers/caps without being sodomized by the fatigue mushrooms would bring back more people.

And yes the World War Bee thing annoys me, and I agree we get pissy about wierd stuff. But EVE is real and stuff.

Yeah I'm split on that

On one hand, it makes ratting a whole lot easier because you're not going to get dropped, and you can't fly from delve to VFK in 20 minutes like you used to be able to do

But on the other hand the exponential time increase is terrible and they really should have just made it so you need more fuel and more jumps

:ccp:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Drythe posted:

If it's anything like the poo poo currently on reddit i'm glad we've been mum on propaganda. The anti-goon prop on reddit right now is loving terrible and the posters should be euthanized. I miss the days when people put some effort into the anti-goon propaganda to the point where even goons could get a chuckle.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Percelus posted:

Explaining to people the tryhard nature of our foe is hysteria now? I feel like you're projecting just a wee bit considering how hostile your language has been while mine has remained civil.

You've made a lot of effort posts about PL which are wrong, you've made a lot of effort posts about MBC that are wrong, and you're too stupid to just listen when multiple people try and tell you the correct thing. So that's probably why people are treating you like an idiot.

Xolve posted:

There's always a back and forth with EU or US Timezone loving things up and preventing the other from having nice things.

It's like this in Shadow Cartel as well. Sometimes it's almost like two different alliances in one, divided by timezone. In the war vs Did He Say Jump, it was horrid because USTZ was basically just doing nothing but reinforcement timers, and EUTZ was getting all the kills and good fights. Why wasn't EUTZ RFing instead? :iiam:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

vyst posted:

If it's anything like the poo poo currently on reddit i'm glad we've been mum on propaganda. The anti-goon prop on reddit right now is loving terrible and the posters should be euthanized. I miss the days when people put some effort into the anti-goon propaganda to the point where even goons could get a chuckle.

I miss the days when propaganda was any loving good at all and not just shopping eve portraits onto image macros.

I even checked out our propaganda forum and by god I'm glad most of that poo poo isn't out in the wild :cripes:

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

vyst posted:

Trust me it's much the same if not worse on PL.pl :cripes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

You've made a lot of effort posts about PL which are wrong, you've made a lot of effort posts about MBC that are wrong, and you're too stupid to just listen when multiple people try and tell you the correct thing. So that's probably why people are treating you like an idiot.

how does it feel, having to deal with your own dragonstalking :mad:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

fight retard with retard?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kimsemus posted:

I'm curious to which things I'm wrong about. Telling me I'm wrong and idiot sure sounds convincing, but I would rather have an explanation.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

I'm curious to which things I'm wrong about. Telling me I'm wrong and idiot sure sounds convincing, but I would rather have an explanation.

I made posts explaining the error in your perception and it failed to soak into that mush you call a brain so I'm not gonna waste the energy anymore friend

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Venom Snake posted:

I don't really care to hate PL when they just do their own thing and generally don't sperg out in local of spray poo poo all over the forums. The people I don't like are the retards in TEST and NC. who think this war is some great moral crusade to save eve online from the evil goon.

:same:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

...or get a Jeffraider vouch and the app itself is just a formality.

Also known as the "play games on OG for a month or two and get booshed"

killertunes
Jun 13, 2012

Tastes like chicken!
This all very interesting and informative. Enjoying this thread. =)

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Percelus posted:

Harping on it? I brought up the term a whole one time. Strike a nerve?

You seem very animated over internet spaceships friend.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

yogizh posted:

I for once welcome our new PL overlords.

Hoover Inc. is so loving elite, after those years I still wonder how the gently caress they got in PL.
Honestly with people that have a giant case of Stockholm syndrome like CVA and TEST, who wouldn't use them as meatshield.

Wrik Hoover lures his recruits with ~dank memes~ then beats them harder than a southern overseer to be active.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Also :ullerrm: could probably make billions on ghost writing Sniggerdly applications and answers for follow up questions.

I don't understand this, there's not a single mechanics or scenario question on there. Most of their interview process is "are you active?" "are you a shitler?" and "do you have someone who knows you better than I do, who can verify that you are not a shitler?"

Literally any other PVP org out there asks stupid questions like "If you had A as your ship, and wanted to (accomplish impossible task), how would you do it?" and then you are subjectively graded based on how stupid your answer is, and or how retarded your interviewer is, people are human after all, except for Flanders, who is a walking PVP encyclopedia.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Daruna posted:

I made posts explaining the error in your perception and it failed to soak into that mush you call a brain so I'm not gonna waste the energy anymore friend

You made a post explaining why phorde getting the short end of the stick 'builds character' and another about how they shouldn't worry about being forced to do grunt work while completely excluded from flying expensive toys with mainfleet in PL because it's totally cool they're just doing their own thing. Sorry if I wasn't convinced :shrug:

I'm not saying selling the dream of elite pvp to newbies isn't a fantastic recruitment tool, I'm pointing the nature of the beast. Sorry if this offends you, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Rhymenoserous posted:

We basically killed them so hard that they landed in faction warfare. Their war CEO is legitimately the most bitter man in eve. Literally every time he opens his mouth "bitter at goons" starts drooling out of his mouth and spilling onto his "I'm angry" big he got off etsy.

It's weird that you see him like that, he always seemed like kind of a goon sympathizer to me while he was my MilDir. Maybe his attitude has shifted, but I don't think it was the failcascade that did it.

• Locked thread