Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

oh god

http://i.imgur.com/yg8BgYp.webm

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

But...bowls? :psyduck:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Better yet. Don't have the mattress? Put some bin bags on the ground!

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Finally! A way for that weird asthmatic kid at camp to sleep comfortably

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Enfys posted:

But...bowls? :psyduck:
Life hacks are home-made solutions to imaginary infomercial problems:

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Palpek posted:

STOP THE MADNESS! THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Palpek posted:

Man, someone should invent something that he could put all that stuff down on in front of him but keep it within easy reach. If you make it high enough, he could even put his feet up on it too for a more relaxing posture. Ooh, you could even keep books in it or something!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Mindless posted:

Man, someone should invent something that he could put all that stuff down on in front of him but keep it within easy reach. If you make it high enough, he could even put his feet up on it too for a more relaxing posture. Ooh, you could even keep books in it or something!

But putting things down can be complicated, and prone to failure

Isn't there another solution??

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

twoday posted:

Take off all your clothes and throw them on the floor. Take food you like and dump it on the floor and eat it off your filthily clothes like the life-hack obsessed animal you are.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Is that a DAW keyboard

Who the gently caress let this animal into a recording studio

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Busket Posket posted:

Most FREE STUFF! lifehacks boil down to either look like an idiot or act like a dick.

Some of them used to actually be legitimate loopholes, but they've long since been removed.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

twoday posted:

If someone did that in real life, I'd take them in for neuro testing.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The real problem is that men are idiots:

But women are even bigger idiots, so there's no hope for any of us really.

You can't even hope that you will learn with experience as you age:

Basically:

Golden Goat posted:

Take off all your clothes and throw them on the floor. Take food you like and dump it on the floor and eat it off your filthily clothes like the life-hack obsessed animal you are.

twoday
May 4, 2005

This one would make a great AV:

Having trouble with soup?

Walla!

And also this:

twoday has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Apr 5, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My favorite are the ones where nothing even happens:

Oh god, mom filled the glass too fast, what a dumbass (nothing gets spilled there).

twoday
May 4, 2005

JESUS CHRIST HELEN SLOW THE gently caress DOWN

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Some of these people clearly need 24/7 care more than they need life hacks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm pretty sure these count as life hacks:

:psyduck:

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
Most of these products are invented for disabled people.

Why they choose to market them with able people inexplicably flinging things around I don't know.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

pienipple posted:

Most of these products are invented for disabled people.

Why they choose to market them with able people inexplicably flinging things around I don't know.

It's somehow less insulting? Also you can get idiots as well as people who would genuinely need a product like yours.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Probably because something that definitely doesn't sell handy gadgets is watching a disabled person struggle to put their socks on.

A lot of the infomercials are just products that have been available for niche markets that can be used by people who either aren't disabled or not so disabled as to have access to those niche markets. A talking kitchen scale is kind of silly, but for someone with vision problems, it's great.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got curious and looked these up. Apparently they're just high-clarity compact binoculars?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I would watch a weekly 23 minute sit-com about a family of infomercial people just bumbling through life.

"Mom, can you come help me put my shoes on?"
*Mom upends the table standing up*
"Nevermind, I have them."
*Kid falls to ground because laces are tied together*
*Dad bursts through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man*
"Honey, have you seen the door?"

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

poisonpill posted:

I would watch a weekly 23 minute sit-com about a family of infomercial people just bumbling through life.

"Mom, can you come help me put my shoes on?"
*Mom upends the table standing up*
"Nevermind, I have them."
*Kid falls to ground because laces are tied together*
*Dad bursts through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man*
"Honey, have you seen the door?"

Here's the opening theme: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/7210861e02/you-re-doing-it-wrong-as-seen-on-tv?_cc=__d___&_ccid=6f1bd75f-fce2-4907-aa4e-b6dfbab0559c

Infomercial terribleness set to "Help" by The Beatles. (Sorry for the Funny or Die link)

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
It's more about how incompetent white people are at everything. I don't think I've seen an infomercial that doesn't star white people as the loving idiots.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
e: oh, how did this get all the way down here? Nm, still applies, so stays.

I saw a dickhack that recommended crashing the cc payment system at the cashier "in case the customer next in line behind you is being a bitch".

I mean lol if you don't steal and vandalize for shits and giggles #amirite

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Apr 5, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Is that a DAW keyboard

Who the gently caress let this animal into a recording studio

probably whoever purchased the For Dummies book on the shelf

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Roro posted:

It's more about how incompetent white people are at everything. I don't think I've seen an infomercial that doesn't star white people as the loving idiots.

That's why Europe had to try to conquer the whole world: they were just looking for competent servants to help them survive their disastrous day to day lives.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Karate Bastard posted:

e: oh, how did this get all the way down here? Nm, still applies, so stays.

I saw a dickhack that recommended crashing the cc payment system at the cashier "in case the customer next in line behind you is being a bitch".

I mean lol if you don't steal and vandalize for shits and giggles #amirite

Anyone who has ever been a cashier can do this. It's just a reset and it rectifies itself in about a minute.

I'm gonna say that the infomercial items are usually for stupid, obese white people people rather than disabled people, since for the most part setting them up and using them takes more energy than the solution to the original problem.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Enfys posted:

The real problem is that men are idiots:

But women are even bigger idiots, so there's no hope for any of us really.

You can't even hope that you will learn with experience as you age:

Basically:

Nothing makes me giggle like watching people pretending to be terrible at the worlds easiest things.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Poldarn posted:

Nothing makes me giggle like watching people pretending to be terrible at the worlds easiest things.

If all the potential content hadn't just been dumped here it would make a good PYF thread on its own.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AlphaKretin posted:

If all the potential content hadn't just been dumped here it would make a good PYF thread on its own.

That's not all the potential content. This is all the potential content: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/626737c84a/infomercial-hell?_cc=__d___&_ccid=26444d6c-9a35-4a7a-a565-2264d1817cfa

Give up.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'm not sure if this is genius, or just stupid because cats don't really need baths except on the rarest of occasions (excluding the cute little hairless gremlin types, which are used to it.) That cat will remember and bite you while you're asleep/pee in your shoe/poop on your counter/swat your face/just loving kill you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Apr 6, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

I'm pretty sure these count as life hacks:

:psyduck:

What in the hell is this, how is this any better? Someone had to make that stupid thing

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

What in the hell is this, how is this any better? Someone had to make that stupid thing

yeah dude i know fock people who can't bend all the way over and hold it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Adix posted:

gonna guess very few people reading the life hack thread are considering how each gadget might aid the disabled or elderly. maybe cool it?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

gonna guess very few people reading the life hack thread are considering how each gadget might aid the disabled or elderly. maybe cool it?

We must weed out defectives from our glorious species. If one is too old or too injured to put on his socks, he must be devoured by the lions that constantly prowl for un-socked feet. It is as the gods intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Adix posted:

How would somebody who can't bend over move the gadget on and off the ground so they can put their foot in?