Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Naked Bear posted:

RIP Leslie Nielsen, the only man with the balls to put a fart joke on his grave.

That man was a genius. And the only way that epitaph could be better is if it said "Stop calling me Shirley."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

Makes sense. I use FB and other social media platforms in huge million dollar+ real-time auction ad space buys. We opt for straight up audience view count, frequency, and reach.

Boutique poo poo like you were talking about takes an awful long time to grow.

Yeah, there was something a few years back about McDonalds blowing a bunch of money (reportedly over 10 mil) on Facebook ads and it generated the lowest amount of growth per dollar spent of any advertising venue outside of the phonebook. Facebook, twitter and other social media poo poo really isn't that good for reaching out to potential customers/clients unless you're either super small or you have a more "socially oriented business" that's more "word of mouth" than anything.

My brother used to own a veterinary hospital with his exwife and he was able to put much better numbers together with cable TV and local radio ads than anything else from local and state newspapers, internet ads, facebook, etc. Plus he got most of his ads subsidized by different vendors to throw their logos up for a few moments so it cost him less than a few hundred a month.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Facebook doesn't give out metrics regarding ad performance outside of the impressions. We'll spend money and FB is like "here's the bare minimum! Thanks for funding Oculus Rift!"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Facebook doesn't give out metrics regarding ad performance outside of the impressions. We'll spend money and FB is like "here's the bare minimum! Thanks for funding Oculus Rift!"

It was all done by McDonald's and some private accountants to try and gauge it iirc. Essentially the ruling is "if people already know you exist, don't spend that much on social media marketing outside of supporting safe political agendas"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
sorry about ad chat, N4I

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
People chat in the chat thread :shrug:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ask me about selling bbq sauce and frozen dinners

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ask me about selling bbq sauce and frozen dinners

What do you put in your sauce

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Help I need to get awareness about my hotdog stand increased, please send money.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

What do you put in your sauce

Heart

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o posted:

Help I need to get awareness about my hotdog stand increased, please send money.

Are you targeting millennials?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Hiring you holly to help forge my stained glass dick empire.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mike-o posted:

Do you know someone who can properly install a vent hood?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Hiring you holly to help forge my stained glass dick empire.

I'm already hard at work building out demographic and psychographic consumer data.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I'm already hard at work building out demographic and psychographic consumer data.

I'm guessing the psychographic data between GiP and a Hard-Gay bar aren't very different

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mike-o posted:

I've actually toyed around with the idea of setting up a kickstarter to set up my truck with a solar system and a battery pack, but I'm gonna need a hefty inverter and a hell of a battery bank to get it done.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm guessing the psychographic data between GiP and a Hard-Gay bar aren't very different

Correct: lots of segment overlap

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Correct: lots of segment overlap

Venn Diagram looks like a basket ball

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey guys I have these awesome knives to tell you about I already own a whole set I can show you

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hey guys I have these awesome knives to tell you about I already own a whole set I can show you
Are they signed by Squirrel Brady?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can somebody explain to me why I'm seeing Melissa McCarthy everywhere? I'd never heard of her six months ago and she seems mediocre.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Can somebody explain to me why I'm seeing Melissa McCarthy everywhere? I'd never heard of her six months ago and she seems mediocre.

She was really good in Bridesmaids, playing what is pretty much just Pam from Archer. Then she did a lovely sitcom about two fat people in love and some seriously lovely movies, then an OK movie with Jason Statham, and now what looks to be another really lovely one with Kristen Bell.

Also she's gonna be a Ghostbuster in what is assuredly going to be the worst franchine revival/reboot since Michael Bay's failed script for MacBeth 3: gently caress you Hamlet

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

She and Amy Schumer are the new faces of the body diversity movement in media, speaking out against "plus sized" as a de facto derogatory term.

I'm a raging feminist and even that's a bit too nit-picky an issue when we have forced fetal anesthesia and other :can: to pay actual attention to.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Amy Schumer, that's the other one. No loving clue who she is but she's everywhere all of the sudden. Also pretty mediocre.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

We did a "team transport" yesterday which means I get to sit up with the pilot and act cool. Since our workhorse plane is still getting new engines I got to sit up front in the sexy Pilatus.

First time I flew with the pilot, some Ireland born dude who ended up coming to america and enlisting in the Navy, on his way to get a direct commission in some flight mechanic position for the reserves.

90% of the entire plane is electronic controlled. The dude literally would just put in poo poo or pathways and the plane flew itself.

On the way back, just flyin' over Austin TX, no biggie.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

MurderBot posted:

We did a "team transport" yesterday which means I get to sit up with the pilot and act cool. Since our workhorse plane is still getting new engines I got to sit up front in the sexy Pilatus.

First time I flew with the pilot, some Ireland born dude who ended up coming to america and enlisting in the Navy, on his way to get a direct commission in some flight mechanic position for the reserves.

90% of the entire plane is electronic controlled. The dude literally would just put in poo poo or pathways and the plane flew itself.

Dope avionics. Is that a moving map display in the bottom middle?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dope avionics. Is that a moving map display in the bottom middle?

Yup, it'll track our position and will show displays of other planes within like, a 50 nautical mile radius of our plane and give the description of the plane.

The sad thing? This is "older" technology, new technology has three huge rear end screen's across this platform. We're back in the 08's with this setup.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Feh. This is old.

Overhead panel

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Amy Schumer has been around for a few years now. She had some stand up success back in 09-10 timeframe and landed a spot in Comedy Central's spot following Tosh.0 where they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again. Inside Amy Schumer is pretty funny and appeals to women in the same way Tosh.0 appeals to men.

I don't really like Melissa McCarthy, and I certainly wouldn't bunch her up with Schumer. Amy is an early 30s slightly pudgy JAP and is still hot enough in her own right. McCarthy is a fatter less funny Roseanne.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MurderBot posted:

loving sick

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Feh. This is old.

Overhead panel

Would the pilot get mad if I pulled the red handles?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes. That would make a pilot very mad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yes. That would make a pilot very mad.

Would he not let me sit in his lap anymore if I did that?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Depends on whether you'll admit to liking greco-roman wrestling

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Depends on whether you'll admit to liking greco-roman wrestling

Or just gladiator movies in general

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
p much yea

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

But for reals what happens when you pull the extinguisher handles on a functioning engine?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

You ever seen a grown man naked?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

But for reals what happens when you pull the extinguisher handles on a functioning engine?
It closes valves in the firewall, cutting off fuel, and depending on the set-up, oil and hydraulic fluid, and shuts down the engine. If you don't also blow the fire extinguisher bottle, they can probably restart it in the air.

(Also, your bitch rear end gets beaten to death by irate flight crew.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Yea what Dead Reckoning said. They require a bit of force to pull. Not something that'll happen accidentally.

Pulling them in the sim is cool. The handles pop out with a satisfying *thunk*

• Locked thread