Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Guy is probably the most stable and competent human green lantern. Think about that.

Never forget that Guy Gardner was a kind, caring teacher before meeting Hal Jordan and his current personality is (or at least was, I'm not exactly up on my GL continuity because gently caress Geoff Johns) because of severe brain damage, largely caused by Hal Jordan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It really cannot be overstated how stupid the Green Lanterns are.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Who What Now posted:

It really cannot be overstated how stupid the Green Lanterns Guardians are.

Seriously, the Galactic Smurf Council is the loving worst.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pesterchum posted:

To sign the checks.

I always forget whether Hal's identity is secret or not. So was he upset about signing it Green Lantern because they wouldn't honor the check, or because it would out him as the Green Lantern? Because if the latter.... he's still signed Green Lantern a dozen times or more on the check before finally managing to scrawl his own name :xd:

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Jerusalem posted:

I always forget whether Hal's identity is secret or not. So was he upset about signing it Green Lantern because they wouldn't honor the check, or because it would out him as the Green Lantern? Because if the latter.... he's still signed Green Lantern a dozen times or more on the check before finally managing to scrawl his own name :xd:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
How many superheroes are there that go by their super identity? I mean, I figure Johnny Storm at least can sign checks as 'The Human Torch', but there must be other examples.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Vision has occasionally had hologram civilian IDs but most of the time he's just a robot with a dumb red face, even when he goes grocery shopping.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FredMSloniker posted:

How many superheroes are there that go by their super identity? I mean, I figure Johnny Storm at least can sign checks as 'The Human Torch', but there must be other examples.

Post Crisis Wonder Woman was pretty public.

edit:

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 6, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hal Jordan head injury collection.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dlanod/sets/72157594208628528/

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

For some reason Hal Jordan is now my favorite Green Lantern.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

UNMNGA indeed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Chinaman7000 posted:

For some reason Hal Jordan is now my favorite Green Lantern.

you discovered just how much you can relate to him

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I really hope the rest of this issue is just the ring hitting up bars, partying with some frat boys, maybe playing some frolf, enjoying the sunrise, then silently slipping back on Hal's finger just before he wakes up.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhyno posted:

A multi month part of the Clone Saga took place in a court room and Peter intended to resolve things by revealing the existence of his clones.

That reminds me of that great astro city issue where some attorney who's representing the mob wins an unwinnable case by bringing up poo poo like mind control, clones and resurrection.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Machine Man? He seems to have ditched the "Aaron Stack" identity post-Nextwave.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knormal posted:

I really hope the rest of this issue is just the ring hitting up bars, partying with some frat boys, maybe playing some frolf, enjoying the sunrise, then silently slipping back on Hal's finger just before he wakes up.

The Ring goes to John Stewart who proceeds to help save Christmas or something similar.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"You rang?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
All those panels about Hal being dumb is awesome. That's the dude smarter than Batman on What Powers Are Not Worth Having. It's why he gave up being God, and Bruce is (presumably) still in the chair. I mean, I get that Batman is jealous of GLs and Hal specifically, but still...

Relevant to the current discussion, does anyone have that panel of Bruce freaking out on a girlfriend (I think) because, being Bruce (paranoid, crazy, fear-fueled), he's convinced that she's a robot, or allied with a criminal organization, or something along that lines?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 6, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

MisterBibs posted:

All those panels about Hal being dumb is awesome. That's the dude smarter than Batman on What Powers Are Not Worth Having. It's why he gave up being God, and Bruce is (presumably) still in the chair. I mean, I get that Batman is jealous of GLs and Hal specifically, but still...

Relevant to the current discussion, does anyone have that panel of Bruce freaking out on a girlfriend (I think) because, being Bruce (paranoid, crazy, fear-fueled), he's convinced that she's a robot, or allied with a criminal organization, or something along that lines?

If this is Jet Jezebel, he was 100% right, though.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Travis343 posted:

If this is Jet Jezebel, he was 100% right, though.

If I'm thinking about the same panel it is Silver St. Cloud. He apologizes afterwards, whole thing reads like like an abusive relationship.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BioTech posted:

If I'm thinking about the same panel it is Silver St. Cloud. He apologizes afterwards, whole thing reads like like an abusive relationship.

If it's from the Kevin Smith run its just lovely writing

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bobkatt013 posted:

If it's from the Kevin Smith run its just lovely writing

Why did you repeat yourself?

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

BioTech posted:

Batman - The Widening Gyre 5

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In superheroland, "maybe she's a robot" is not the craziest thing that could be running through your head. But there's got to be a less assholish way of checking.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus Christ Kevin Smith is the worst writer Batman has ever had.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Travis343 posted:

Jesus Christ Kevin Smith is the worst writer Batman has ever had.

Akiva Goldsman says hello

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Akiva Goldsman says hello

Larry Hama says "'sup?"

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Neal Adam forgets to introduce himself while he goes on a diatribe about how the earth is hollow and expanding.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh dear. Oh golly. Oh darn it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you hate batman odyssey you have no soul.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Neal Adam forgets to introduce himself while he goes on a diatribe about how the earth is hollow and expanding.

the t-rex is getting closer

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Super Dan posted:

Batman - The Widening Gyre 5

Wow. This is absolutely the worst thing ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

"You rang?"

No, no, Gavok, that's YOUMANGA. Totally different.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Wow. This is absolutely the worst thing ever.

The whole thing is even worse than these few pages. Kevin Smith spends the entire story setting up Silver as Bruce's perfect Manic Pixie Dream Girl, and then she gets horribly murdered on the last page. It's got to be one of the worst examples of a Women in a Refrigerator ever.

At one point he planned on writing a followup to it, but that was like six years ago so who knows.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
NA #8

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

I want to know more.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
:allears:

Al Ewing is an international treasure.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Look it has God right in the name of course it's going to be American.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Paper Kaiju posted:

I want to know more.

He is your American cousin.

Also a dumb jingoistic jarhead who socked a college professor like the hero in one of those awful God's Not Dead movies and got shot up with every super-science thing in the MU by a guy that the comic says Thunderbolt Ross thinks is too far gone in order to go smash AIM/the New Avengers - hence the eeny-weeny li'l Hawkeye and Songbird in the foreground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Gaz-L posted:

He is your American cousin.

Also a dumb jingoistic jarhead who socked a college professor like the hero in one of those awful God's Not Dead movies and got shot up with every super-science thing in the MU by a guy that the comic says Thunderbolt Ross thinks is too far gone in order to go smash AIM/the New Avengers - hence the eeny-weeny li'l Hawkeye and Songbird in the foreground

Tell me he's got a fantastically silly name :allears: