Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sterster, is that you? I promise I really do have a vape!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Just gonna crosspost this here if anyone was interested

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771179

pretty sure if it doesn't sell by friday i'm just going to scratch the code myself.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Crossposting from GBS. This is him:

Lmao
Please tell me this guy is actually in congress

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He is

http://hunter.house.gov/

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Funny he's a vaping conservative, I'd still play cs with him tho

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

lol

Funny he's a vaping conservative, I'd still play cs with him tho

His son was the one spending the money with his dad's card lol.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Spiros posted:

His son was the one spending the money with his dad's card lol.

PERSONAL EXPENSE - TO BE PAID BACK

I wasn't aware that regardless of who used the card it would be paid back in full with our tax dollars???????? Being a Congressman must rule!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think he means he's going to pay congress back but yes, he's a moron for letting his son spend that money

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I bet we've all already muted his son

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
thats my dad

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Spiros posted:

I think he means he's going to pay congress back but yes, he's a moron for letting his son spend that money

Let's face it, just from a cursory eyeballing of all the money that was spent on Steam in those scans it doesn't touch what most of us have spent on opening cases.

edit: $810.45 :gonk:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I spent, er, invested like $25 in stickers this weekend and felt dumb. When I bought my first knife by just playing the market I'd spent something like $50 total on CS, including the game itself.

$800 is loving astounding to me.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think I've bought like $30 of taco stickers and I'm gonna buy way more tonight when I get home

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

isnt this kind of thing self-disclosure meaning he voluntarily disclosed the spending and intends to pay the money back? it's not like he spent your taxes on csgojackpot which honestly sounds like a pretty awesome idea

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Luna Was Here posted:

I think I've bought like $30 of taco stickers and I'm gonna buy way more tonight when I get home

i'd rather have $30 of tacos

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

I thought you were more of a burger person

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Depends on how much you value your colon.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
When I queue for competitive, I get 1 bottomfragger who speaks english, 2 people yelling in russian and one guy who practically wins the game on his own who never says anything.

I wish I could talk to my team.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'd literally never stop laughing if one day Valve just implemented something that rendered skins worthless. It would be the most glorious spergsplosion in the history of the internet.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

They are only so expensive because of how expensive keys are. If valve dropped the price of keys, the price of skins would collapse.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Jeza posted:

I'd literally never stop laughing if one day Valve just implemented something that rendered skins worthless. It would be the most glorious spergsplosion in the history of the internet.

Seems like the prices of say, knives, only stay stable because of the rarity and because of the increase in population. If the population stagnates or the rarity goes down, say people leave and start selling off, those worthless pixels will dip quite a bit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Lost rank due to inactivity on my main D:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Seems like the prices of say, knives, only stay stable because of the rarity and because of the increase in population. If the population stagnates or the rarity goes down, say people leave and start selling off, those worthless pixels will dip quite a bit

See TF2 and Buds.

They used to be the gold standard of value for how much hats and the like were worth. They then crashed in value and barely go for 3 keys. They sat at 10+ keys for YEARS.

Also can I get an invite to the steam group as well? The chat is rather dead nowadays.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960673641

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
how many dang groups are there? GET OFF MY LAWN

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Mukaikubo posted:

how many dang groups are there? GET OFF MY LAWN

not enough to contain your posts

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Just waiting for the crash when CS:GO 2 comes out and you can get a crimson web karambit for 2 dollars

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Just hit 666 hours of playtime, guys.

In other news, the generic splyce stickers are now up to 62 cents on the market. Pretty crazy price increase considering they were 25 cents and available to everyone a few days ago. Might dump my splyce stuff soon, I remember when everyone thought that renegades stickers from the previous major were gonna be worth something cause the stickers looked cool.

However Splyce is a NA team, and anything related to NA gets a price increase usually.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maguro posted:

In other news, the generic splyce stickers are now up to 62 cents on the market. Pretty crazy price increase considering they were 25 cents and available to everyone a few days ago. Might dump my splyce stuff soon, I remember when everyone thought that renegades stickers from the previous major were gonna be worth something cause the stickers looked cool.

However Splyce is a NA team, and anything related to NA gets a price increase usually.
The Holos I opened for $1.49 are now around $2.80. :getin:

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

symbolic posted:

Yeah I have a holo as well. Gonna sit on it a few days and see how the price looks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

All this mindless speculation is catching. I'm going to hold on to my Olof sticker in the hopes that his wrist injury is terminal (career-wise) and I make a mint.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

All this mindless speculation is catching. I'm going to hold on to my Olof sticker in the hopes that his wrist injury is terminal (career-wise) and I make a mint.

Every time a new flusha clip happens I buy a few of his 30 cent skins.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Maguro posted:

Every time a new flusha clip happens I buy a few of his 30 cent skins.

that's a $million investment at this point surely.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Jeza posted:

they had a huge sale in the dota 2 item shop like 3 years ago and one of the items was a super rare mirana mount and they basically crashed the market for that item and people freaked out. Especially the ones who bought like 30 of them right away thinking they would flip them afterwards for a huge profit.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Every time a new flusha clip happens I further entrench myself in the position of flusha's #1 fan

Best gamesense, best timings, best private hack provider in esports

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

The 15 holos I bought for 1.10 were 2.90 last night. They're 2.30 right now but Splyce will literally never land another major, they're an NA team and their logo is good. The prices will only go up.

e: I'm expecting Splyce stickers to go the way of Titan stickers. Good logo, solid colors and the stickers will become rare because the team will either cease to exist soon-ish and/or will probably never be competitive again. poo poo, even if they do retool and make another major the original stickers will still be worth good money by then. I'm sitting on them for a couple of months.

A big fuckin' :goonsay: here boys

fennesz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 6, 2016

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

OxySnake posted:

See TF2 and Buds.

They used to be the gold standard of value for how much hats and the like were worth. They then crashed in value and barely go for 3 keys. They sat at 10+ keys for YEARS.

How many SoJs for a FN CW Karambit with 2 sockets?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
A new $3.5 million league? poo poo, maybe I should have kept playing CS as a teenager.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

The 15 holos I bought for 1.10 were 2.90 last night. They're 2.30 right now but Splyce will literally never land another major, they're an NA team and their logo is good. The prices will only go up.

e: I'm expecting Splyce stickers to go the way of Titan stickers. Good logo, solid colors and the stickers will become rare because the team will either cease to exist soon-ish and/or will probably never be competitive again. poo poo, even if they do retool and make another major the original stickers will still be worth good money by then. I'm sitting on them for a couple of months.

A big fuckin' :goonsay: here boys

Nice I got 8 holos and 20 regulars gonna cash out next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Keep your stickers. I've been holding onto holos I got for $1 in 2014 and they sell for $7-9 now. Plus if you get a skin you'll never get rid of, you have cool rear end Lisa Frank poo poo to put on it.