Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I had heard that whole thing before, but a refresher is always appreciated, boff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzbgzG7yIg

gently caress Scott Depace. And what the gently caress was up with him not thinking that there's ANY value in learning to play an instrument? :psyduck:
Depace has always been an absolute scumbag. gently caress Scott Depace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I will never judge DePace for giving Howard that tape because it was the best example of deflection in the show I've ever seen.

Gary literally sleeping on the job and he tried so hard to make it seem like Scott pulled a fast one.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Scott DePace is terrible and I hope his sons turn out gay and disown him.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Scott DePace is terrible and I hope his sons turn out gay and disown him.

They're probably murder him with the Video Caddy "Menendez brothers" like.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

-Atom- posted:

I will never judge DePace for giving Howard that tape because it was the best example of deflection in the show I've ever seen.

Gary literally sleeping on the job and he tried so hard to make it seem like Scott pulled a fast one.

Gary admitted it and was rightfully embarrassed and apologetic. Depace and Doug broke a pact with him, and while Doug apologized, Depace deflected it off onto EVERYONE. He is a piece of garbage.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Whoa, whoa whoa, I haven't heard it in a while and I'm listening to it now, but doesn't Gary take forever and a day to admit to sleeping? First he insists he's "resting his eyes for a moment" and when it's revealed he was snoring he's like, "well... geez I guess it really looks like I'm sleeping, but I have no recollection of that" and by the end he's apologizing when he realizes it's not such a big deal.

Scott was a "scumbag" in that anybody in Gary's position would feel betrayed and pissed, but it was absolutely gold radio. It's like working in the president's office and discovering some giant scandal. Do you reveal it? Who do you owe more allegiance to, your boss or your country? Who does Scott have allegiance to, Gary, or Howard and the listeners?

If anything, Gary's the one who's on hardcore deflection duty. HE'S loving SLEEPING ON THE JOB and he acts like he's the most outraged so people forget about it and the bit becomes more about how Scott is scummy. It's just another example like the ones Howard loves to use of, "show me a major show producer on Earth who could be caught doing X and get away with it". Gary is so loving lucky to have his job he should be blowing Howard 24/7.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Advice posted:

If anything, Gary's the one who's on hardcore deflection duty. HE'S loving SLEEPING ON THE JOB and he acts like he's the most outraged so people forget about it and the bit becomes more about how Scott is scummy. It's just another example like the ones Howard loves to use of, "show me a major show producer on Earth who could be caught doing X and get away with it". Gary is so loving lucky to have his job he should be blowing Howard 24/7.

Bingo. Booey was 100% in the wrong and his deflections were lovely. If Howard were at the top of his game, they wouldn't have accomplished a thing.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
If anything, I think Howard played this one perfectly. "Rip on Gary for being inconpetent" is so old hat on the show, so he poked and prodded Gary but when he saw the opportunity for Back Office Drama he sat back and let people yell at each other, and it was genuine. We got an amazing bit out of it, and I don't think that was an accident.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't know, I'm willing to believe Gary's story about when he called Howard and apologized for sleeping. It's not like it was a regular thing, and Gary's regret seems genuine. Scott Depace doesn't give a gently caress, which is commendable to a point, but people need to stop expecting him to give a gently caress.

Also, I don't know how anyone can respect someone who believes that Obama wasn't born in the U.S. Fred and Howard are all "We really like you, Scott, but..." and Jesus christ, maybe I'd be a terrible boss, but if I found out an employee of mine legitimately believed that and other crazy poo poo, my conversations with them would never, ever stray outside of work-related topics.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I wanna give Scott Depace a tiny bit of credit, whenever Howard did the Orson Welles' "What is a Gonk?" when pissed at the tv staff, Scott was always ready with the right response and accent.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Scott DePace was annoying as poo poo with his opinions but he had some great segments on the show when it comes to Staff Drama.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Eh, some revisionist stuff going here. Booey only initially said "resting my eyes" once right up until the tape was played and he copped to it immediately. It's perfectly logical that he doesn't think he slept because it's not hard to zone out into sleep for a brief period of time, have your eyes pop back open and just assume you were nodding off at best. I mean haven't any of you ever shut your eyes not trying to take a nap but wake up and find yourself wondering if you zonked out for a bit?

I also don't think it was a deflection by Gary at all since he never said "Howard wouldn't have caught me if you didn't snitch on me", his point was separate and about a trust issue. Gary simply used the moment to call out DePace and Goodstein and curry favor with the fans, most of whom hate DePace already.

Don't try to tie it all together. Gary was wrong for sleeping but right about having his trust broken. DePace was wrong for breaking Gary's trust but right for turning the tape over for the good of the show.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:staredog:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh my god, guys, I think my penis just went inside :stare:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Look at those Ds (or whatever she said she was)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

CortezFantastic posted:

Look at those Ds (or whatever she said she was)

Lisa G's Double D's

edit: Her twitter handle is lisag30d

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

She looks like she's at work

If you catch my drift

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Is that the face that she makes when takes shits at work?

(takes shits at work)

(takes shits at work)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I don't know, I'm willing to believe Gary's story about when he called Howard and apologized for sleeping. It's not like it was a regular thing, and Gary's regret seems genuine. Scott Depace doesn't give a gently caress, which is commendable to a point, but people need to stop expecting him to give a gently caress.

We don't have proof it was a regular thing. I'm sure he does it all the time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

We don't have proof it was a regular thing. I'm sure he does it all the time.

I feel like Howard would have mentioned it in a heartbeat if it had been regularly occurring.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jesus gently caress, I stared at her eyes for about three seconds and then had to scroll away. Just wrong, man, wrong on so many levels.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Do you think Lisa still gets chased down the street by crazed fans?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
She used to have a little cartoon avatar of herself on her site, but it looks like it's gone now. :(

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't say this lightly: MONSTER! MONSTER!

Break out the loving torches and pitchforks.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

Do you think Lisa still gets chased down the street by crazed fans?

Caramel macchiato.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Caramel macchiato.

What is this? I missed it when it hit GBS months ago, and I have no idea what's going on.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

What is this? I missed it when it hit GBS months ago, and I have no idea what's going on.

Lisa was convinced Henry Hill was hitting on her in a major way and she played it up as this big thing and then they played the tape and he's just slurring that phrase to her and so she looks like a dolt. I tried to find it on Youtube but didn't have any luck. It's a good bit, too.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Henry Hill asked Lisa for a caramel macchiato. Lisa thought he asked to cum on her face.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
closest I could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlBhzKGC2F4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so who's got the better parody songs?

As much as I love all-things ETM, I'd have to give it to Riley Martin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIg6mXIqvo

Though this right here is my all-time favourite parody song, from ETM:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3dA6m7Ik-nzYjItTm9mbmtONnM

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

That shirt is doing a great job at hiding her enormous breasts.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
She must be the only single woman over 50 in NYC that has never had plastic surgery.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

"Get...me on...your father's cock...NOW." Best line ever.

BobbyK posted:

That shirt is doing a great job at hiding her enormous breasts.

She looks like the Haunt of Fear's Old Witch if she were in Vice City.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

I don't say this lightly: MONSTER! MONSTER!

Break out the loving torches and pitchforks.

Now picture Ronnie the Limo Driver tasting her juices

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

That chorus kills me every time.

uh uh-uh uh-uh-uh uh uh-uh REDRUM
uh uh-uh uh-uh-uh uh uh-uh-uh-uh ACK ACK

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Targzissians are obviously reptilian.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you guys listen to the current show. It's pretty good these days.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

How 'bout The poo poo Show?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

euphronius posted:

What's good about it? I put it on and it's just high pitch Erik, Melissa McCarthy, or Jon Cryer. That's not doing it for my morning commutes.

I was thinking about getting the Artie podcast. How's that been lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mark the Bagger was in recently. That was pretty good. He talked about how he jerks it onto his carpet twice a day.