Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

!Klams posted:

Everything Ken does beats everything. It's total bullshit.

What character do you play? A+ for max irony post if it's Chunli or Nash or Ryu.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bhsman posted:

IDK, seeing Dieminion and Nuckledu getting their main back would be hype. Solid Guile play is pretty hype to me, but I'm weird.

I, too, enjoy a strong neutral game more than seeing a combo counter increase.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I got my 2nd rage quitter. Guess I'm finally getting better at the game :unsmith:

Also since we're getting Ibuki I hope we'll get Makoto again. Because Makoto should be in every game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Archer666 posted:

Also since we're getting Ibuki I hope we'll get Makoto again. Because Makoto should be in every game.

:yeah:

She'd better be in season 2. :argh:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

What character do you play? A+ for max irony post if it's Chunli or Nash or Ryu.

In honesty, I suspect you've hit the nail on the head. Zangief.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Archer666 posted:

I got my 2nd rage quitter. Guess I'm finally getting better at the game :unsmith:

laura is in the game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nothing beats rindo-kan karate

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

!Klams posted:

In honesty, I suspect you've hit the nail on the head. Zangief.

I respect that, sorry Capcom hates Zangief fans.

The one thing I noticed that Zangief can do to Ken is whiff punish with SPD from absurd ranges, that's about it. Most of the time a random neutral jump or just walking back a bit turns Zang with his huge healthbar into a combo practice training dummy.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 6, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Munsun posted:

why would you want guile when you could have remy?

*unzip shirt and shakes hair

Capcom doesn't allow male characters with nice legs any more, so I don't think we'll be seeing Remy any time soon

EDIT: I guess there's Vega, but he's a fascist

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Ag Bengip posted:

Capcom doesn't allow male characters with nice legs any more, so I don't think we'll be seeing Remy any time soon

Remy doesn't have nice legs, he has two drinking straws in a pair of red skinny jeans. Dude is one stars and spangles jacket away from looking like a Mardi Gras Uncle Sam.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Srs question: have you guys seen opponents using lag switches? I swear to god, I was beating the bag out of some dude last night, and suddenly the match got all laggy and I could NOT land a hit on him.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I've had several matches that started out smooth but got warpy as gently caress in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Might not be lag switching, but I doubt they started randomly torrenting poo poo in the middle of the match either

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

betterinsodapop posted:

Srs question: have you guys seen opponents using lag switches? I swear to god, I was beating the bag out of some dude last night, and suddenly the match got all laggy and I could NOT land a hit on him.

You can Alt Tab on PC and switch the lag to the other person.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
They should put an icon up if the person is on wireless so we can know if that's to blame and for proper shaming. I had that behavior happen the other day, I'm on PC, opponent was on PS4, halfway through it just started taking a dump and lagging horribly with occasional smoothness. I don't torrent, didn't have poo poo else running, am plugged straight into the modem, 100+mbit connection and no one else home. I assumed they were on wireless.

I didn't try it then, but I've alt-tabbed during some super laggy matches out of curiosity and nothing changed; Skisonic mentioned the same thing. Yeah there was that one video but I haven't seen anything to indicate that consistently lag is one way as if it were host->client or that alt-tabbing (temporarily) swaps that. I search for 4-5 bar connections and a majority of games feel really good.

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 6, 2016

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

betterinsodapop posted:

The netcode is really poo poo. Alt-tabbing messes it up too.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Double Bill posted:

I've had several matches that started out smooth but got warpy as gently caress in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Might not be lag switching, but I doubt they started randomly torrenting poo poo in the middle of the match either

It really feels like that if you have a laggy game, it switches who is experiencing rollback per round basis. I doubt that is true, but I've definitely noticed fights I've gotten where the fights went smooth, laggy, smooth, etc.

Also it feels like I've gotten way better with Dhalsim, but I still haven't taken up yoga fire into my arsenal. For some reason, I just always forget to use it, even when I'm doing a combo that would easily end with a yoga flame I 100% of the time forget all about it.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I tried learning Dhalsim last night and enjoyed it once I started to figure his buttons out. Some of his offensive tricks seem to be relatively difficult to execute though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Any pointers on setting up the dummy to practice meaty and frame trap setups?

I've just been having them spam a move over and over, then I sweep them and try my setup. I guess that's about the best you can do?

WuChou
Aug 28, 2002

Cosmic.
You can set options for both ground recovery and guard recovery actions in training mode. In Dummy Settings just use Record Wake Up Actions and Record Guard Recovery Actions and record your choice of 3f normal or invincible reversal or whatever you want to practice against, just make sure 'Reversal' appears in the recording. So for frame traps you can record someone's 3f jab or whatever normal, set the dummy to guard all, set that as their guard recovery action and do your string. They'll attempt to perform whatever you recorded the moment they exit blockstun. Same thing if you want to practice vs quick/back/no recovery mashing whatever, just set the dummy to recover how you want and record what you want them to do as a reversal and knock them down

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

itskage posted:

I've just been having them spam a move over and over, then I sweep them and try my setup. I guess that's about the best you can do?

There are options to have to the dummy do an action on wakeup or do an action on guard recovery. You should be using those options instead of just hoping you luck into reversal timing.

There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube to help you set up these options if you search for them. And it should go without saying, but make sure you pick a character with a 3f jab to be your training dummy.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

WuChou posted:

record your choice of 3f normal or invincible reversal

Don't use an invincible reversal unless you're trying to test for a blockstring, otherwise you'll lose on all your frametraps/meaty setups.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

itskage posted:

I did a couple videos about this:

Frame trap practice

meaties/beating wakeup jab

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really wish Capcom had thought to let you save recorded actions as actual transferable files so you could set up recordings and share them with people.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really wish Capcom had thought to let you save recorded actions as actual transferable files so you could set up recordings and share them with people.

I'd settle for just being able to name my recordings. Every time I load my Ryu dummy I have to spend a couple minutes sussing out which is throw, which is SRK, which is etc etc.

WuChou
Aug 28, 2002

Cosmic.

Sarchasm posted:

Don't use an invincible reversal unless you're trying to test for a blockstring, otherwise you'll lose on all your frametraps/meaty setups.

I should have clarified but I meant more for wake up action if you were trying to work on a safe jump or otherwise beat a DP or something.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

laura is in the game

But Makoto is more fun to play, has better hair, has a better voice, has a better outfit.

Also

Help Im Alive posted:

Nothing beats rindo-kan karate

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yardbomb posted:

has better hair

:getout:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Saw this linked on Kotaku, all the variant colors on all costumes on all characters.

Necali is a neon rainbow :aaa:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Saw this linked on Kotaku, all the variant colors on all costumes on all characters.

Necali is a neon rainbow :aaa:

cammy 15 is cool

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Pomp posted:

what's his neck doing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

But Makoto is more fun to play, has better hair, has a better voice, has a better outfit.

:agreed:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
How do you get those 3rd alts? Some of them are cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's with 11-15 changing hair/skin colours

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

It's not uncommon in Street Fighter for alt colors to change skin tone and hair color.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

They are also ~premium~ colors that you need to level your character up to unlock, so they get some special things like pink hair Mika.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ahm, is Laura Default 12 Mai?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Agoat posted:

It's not uncommon in Street Fighter for alt colors to change skin tone and hair color.

Balrog has never been a white guy but like half of rashids alts make him pale.
Also vega hasn't had darker skin in the 3d games so far.
Even in this very game bisons skin tone doesn't change too drastically but i noticed here laura and rashid have a larger range than normal.

Also karin doesn't even have the usual ganguro girl thing they do to all school girls.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 6, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Help Im Alive posted:

I look at it as "What type of Brazilian do you want Laura to look like?"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do you think Vega and F-A-N-G get together with their big dumb hats and talk about why women can't realize what nice guys they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Seeing the colors actually pisses me off because capcom is so adamant in making it a loving hell on earth to get to them.

Survival per loving costume?

really?

survival at all?

One of the few survivals in fighting games i've seen that has no health recovery between rounds?

Arturo is the highest ranked person in sf5 online and isn't level 50 with dhalsim lol.