Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

I think a lot of Bret's opinion of Charlotte comes from not finding her sexually attractive.

Nah, he probably just remembered her lovely Sharpshooter from the match against Nattie and got all sad/angry again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
He didn't even say anything that most of us wouldn't agree with, which is that Becky and Sasha are better than Charlotte who is too green to be the champion. Compared to a lot of other women wrestlers Charlotte is still good, but she was definitely the worst wrestler in that ring.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sockser posted:

Taz somehow puts out like 10 hours of podcast a week and somehow people listen to them and I don't really get it

He isn't even good

Taz was incredibly savvy and carved out a niche in the wrestling podcast world by treating it like sports talk radio instead of just doing the Art of Wrestling with a different host like every other wrestler podcast. His show rewards listeners for listening daily and also lets them participate. It was a remarkably forward-thinking move and it is paying dividends (Mania special on terrestrial radio for example).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

I think a lot of Bret's opinion of Charlotte comes from not finding her sexually attractive.

Yea this is definitely it. Nice work

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mob posted:

He thought the Divas 10 tag was awesome.

But he's had a stroke so

It was the second best match on the card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm so sorry your Network feed cut out for the whole 1st 45 minutes of the show.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I don't think the pre-show counts a card

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dimebags Brain posted:

I hated Mania and holy gently caress is this wrong.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rodney the Piper posted:

I hated Mania and holy gently caress is this wrong.

It was third behind the IC title match and the triple thread for the women's title for me. I know it's all a matter of opinion but that's how I feel.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea this is definitely it. Nice work

He's the guy who called Melina 'the best wrestler in the world right now' in 2009 and repped the Bellas as really good from the start of their careers.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the women's tag match on the preshow was probably the best booked match at wrestlemania

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:agreed:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

oatgan posted:

the women's tag match on the preshow was probably the best booked match at wrestlemania

Faces went over, retiring wrestler got a good send off...

Yeah, you're right.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

There's a story there even so. Really cut for time, all the women were set for bigger moments in the match ESPECIALLY Brie and of course WWE cut away from the women lifting Brie on their shoulders. The latter the people involved in the match were really heartbroken about. One of Divas sent out tweets this morning individually apologising to a few fans for how upset she was when she met them that day.

I thought it was really good for what it was regardless.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

I'll agree with this.

I'm not saying the tag match was bad or anything, but it was just kind of there. Which does put it in contention for the fourth best match.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Brie won good

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Ive tried to give a lot of the podcasts out there a chance, but few have been entertaining for me. I found rosenberg annoying on cheap heat, and can't say i will miss the show.

I also gave sam roberts another try. I listened to 2 shows during mania weekend. I feel as if im listening to two 10 year old kids fantasy book. I really want to like katie linendoll as well, but she is annoying as gently caress. So is sam.

Pretty sure I'll stick to the MLW network of shows , as it sounds like a group of friends my age discussing wrestling, as opposed to sounding like huge 10 yr old jojo marks. Im also digging the court bauer matt farmer podcasts on wrestling history. Fast moving, and knowledge filled.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

god, I love Bret and all but god drat does he have a bad case of Old Man Yells At Cloud.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

as opposed to sounding like huge 10 yr old jojo marks.

whoa hey, lets not say things we can't take back here

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oatgan posted:

This might be true, yes.

Akileese posted:

It was third behind the IC title match and the triple thread for the women's title for me. I know it's all a matter of opinion but that's how I feel.

AJ/Jericho had the wrong finish (I hesitate to say 'lovely' because the spot itself was cool) but the match was well-worked and built.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Im also digging the court bauer matt farmer podcasts on wrestling history. Fast moving, and knowledge filled.

Listen To Between The Sheets (except they sure as hell arent fast moving i guess)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

Ive tried to give a lot of the podcasts out there a chance, but few have been entertaining for me. I found rosenberg annoying on cheap heat, and can't say i will miss the show.

I also gave sam roberts another try. I listened to 2 shows during mania weekend. I feel as if im listening to two 10 year old kids fantasy book. I really want to like katie linendoll as well, but she is annoying as gently caress. So is sam.

Pretty sure I'll stick to the MLW network of shows , as it sounds like a group of friends my age discussing wrestling, as opposed to sounding like huge 10 yr old jojo marks. Im also digging the court bauer matt farmer podcasts on wrestling history. Fast moving, and knowledge filled.

Have you tried the P2BN shows

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Listen To Between The Sheets (except they sure as hell arent fast moving i guess)
I'm so behind but everyone should hear Shawn's Lost My Smile promo with the soaring music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6nLomiEouw

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014

Alain Post posted:

Have you tried the P2BN shows

I'll give it a shot. I power through a lot of podcasts at work

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

I'll give it a shot. I power through a lot of podcasts at work

If you enjoy the Jim Cornette Experience and Between the Sheets, I'd recommend going and checking out the 6:05 superpodcast. Similar idea like Between the Sheets, goes over a lot of the history of wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Missed Talking Shop

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/716790177184759809

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I'm so sorry your Network feed cut out for the whole 1st 45 minutes of the show.

I'll take a half-speed sloppily executed triangle gate match over a lot of things. :colbert:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I want to like Between the Sheets, but the one guy on it who can't stop laughing at his own jokes even when other people are talking is incredibly grating to me.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My problems with between the sheets are that the guests are hardly ever interesting and that for a guy who does 10 hours of podcasts a week Zellner has no excuse for recording on his phone. Buy a $15 headset, Kris

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

The most annoying part about Sam is he's not as dumb as he comes off. He follows the inside news, knows the stories, but gives this watered down kid version of a podcast cuz he's genuinely afraid he's going to lose access if he doesn't play nice. And he 's probably right for thinking that as WWE probably doesn't want him or his poo poo voice that all his HGH injections forgot to correct, but put up with it cuz he's one of 2 people who actually talk about wrestling on SXM, and that's the part WWE wants more than anything, having an in to probably the biggest radio platform right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It won't quite be the same without Karl and Doc, but this is still great news :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Go RV! posted:

god, I love Bret and all but god drat does he have a bad case of Old Man Yells At Cloud
Vince told him to start a whiny baby gimmick in 1997 and, soldier that he is, he's kept it up for 19 years

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

It won't quite be the same without Karl and Doc, but this is still great news :)

Counterpoint: Gallows won't be there to interrupt all the Haku stories

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Dave's back to spoiling things about Lucha Underground with no warning.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Honestly I'm glad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Enzo and Cass are on the latest Steve Austin Show, it's a lot of fun.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

cronox2 posted:

Dave's back to spoiling things about Lucha Underground with no warning.

It's a really minor thing about a previously announced wrestler Sami Callahan, and what his character is. I'm not bothered by it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Go RV! posted:

It's a really minor thing about a previously announced wrestler Sami Callahan, and what his character is. I'm not bothered by it.

plus other sources have announced him AND if my memory is right, nothing he's done with LU will air until next year. So if you are going to get salty about a podcast that you will most likely have completely forgotten about in two months (or even more likely, forget Dave said that when he actually debuts) then have at it boss.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
There is a Brent Kremen thread on The Board detailing his Wrestlemania weekend. I cannot understand how this man can exist in our society.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, Brent bought some kind of Jewish necklace on credit for $275 with plans to give it to Missy Hyatt. He never met Missy during the weekend and attempted to pawn the necklace off onto Bryan, Craig and the Nasty Boys to give to Missy but they wouldn't do it. He had a plan to meet Ric Flair at Wrestlecon and give it to Flair to give to Missy because Flair's ex-wife was Jewish and he would understand, but that never materialized.

During the F4W dinner, he had to beg for money for a cab to a synagogue because he didn't budget for transportation once he was in Dallas.

He went to the Ric Flair party at Fishbone across from Mania to attempt to give him the necklace there but Flair was already gone again, so he gave it to a bartender because she said she was Jewish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, Brent bought some kind of Jewish necklace on credit for $275 with plans to give it to Missy Hyatt. He never met Missy during the weekend and attempted to pawn the necklace off onto Bryan, Craig and the Nasty Boys to give to Missy but they wouldn't do it. He had a plan to meet Ric Flair at Wrestlecon and give it to Flair to give to Missy because Flair's ex-wife was Jewish and he would understand, but that never materialized.

During the F4W dinner, he had to beg for money for a cab to a synagogue because he didn't budget for transportation once he was in Dallas.

He went to the Ric Flair party at Fishbone across from Mania to attempt to give him the necklace there but Flair was already gone again, so he gave it to a bartender because she said she was Jewish.

I am still not convinced that Brent Kremen is a real person.

• Locked thread