Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Sickening posted:

I have figured it out. I have cracked the code.

The reason you hate Chris so much is because he is exactly like you. You are both egotistical without merit, confident without backing, and too happy to believe in the bullshit you spew. You are both two of the biggest man babies the world has ever known.

Yea

I will give derek props for being better to his employees though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Breetai posted:

Bite the tips of both ends off and use it as a straw to drink your favourite hot beverage.

Thats one thick straw...unless youre talking about something else

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Google Butt posted:

Yea

After some of the rants he has gone on, do you really believe that he is pleasant to work for? At this point the only thing he has on Chris is that his game was actually finished.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

Circular avatars are in vogue nowadays.

Yes. Yes they are.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

radd posted:

Everyone Loves Eonwe

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sickening posted:

After some of the rants he has gone on, do you really believe that he is pleasant to work for? At this point the only thing he has on Chris is that his game was actually finished.
I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled past his latest "that's not what I said" tantrum.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sickening posted:

Chris blew more than $110 million consumers gave him in good faith. Derek funds his own projects. These are not commensurable things.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sickening posted:

I have figured it out. I have cracked the code.

The reason you hate Chris so much is because he is exactly like you. You are both egotistical without merit, confident without backing, and too happy to believe in the bullshit you spew. You are both two of the biggest man babies the world has ever known.

God damnit, we JUST got him to calm down. Someone set the enclosure bed back up...

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

radd posted:

Everyone Loves Eonwe

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Haskell9 posted:

I think the idea of one tard's McDonalds paychecks versus an entire thread in a ridiculous avatar slapfight is really funny. I wish he'd post here.

I would like to meet the person that hates Eonwe enough to max out credit card on avatars.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Sickening posted:

I do not think he's pleasant to work for, but if you read that old article that included and interview with his employee, he's fair. Chris Roberts has no technical knowledge and inserts himself into the most technical of decisions, so that's probably worse.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

Yea

I think he's said they're all contractors. I can believe it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Getting LTI on a concept ship is a reward for being willing to take a -risk- with that ship. It isn't about getting all the info and making the best informed decision.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6541179/#Comment_6541179

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 7, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Guys, I think Star citizen is never gonna happen.

I feel grief.

edit : What I mean is, the CIG forum is a bunch of words and stuff, but none of it makes sense anymore. It is like that twilight zone episode where the dude knows the language but the words are all switched up. Sunk Cost in CIG forums means buy more ships. It is really weird.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

People posting poo poo about Derek like it's new and no one had a clue, is it 1996 again? Variable 5 and Sickening, are you still listening to Hanson as well?

Like, poo poo, we all know Derek's a vain egomaniac, but in regards to SC/CIG he's actually been right. Consider that both an ex-CIG and a current CIG employee have said he's been accurate about his predictions, to their knowledge.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyTolradi posted:

People posting poo poo about Derek like it's new and no one had a clue, is it 1996 again? Variable 5 and Sickening, are you still listening to Hanson as well?

Like, poo poo, we all know Derek's a vain egomaniac, but in regards to SC/CIG he's actually been right. Consider that both an ex-CIG and a current CIG employee have said he's been accurate about his predictions, to their knowledge.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/derek$20smart

Relive the adventure again.!!11!!

May or may not contain adventure.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have updates on EightAce's Code? :v:

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

CrazyTolradi posted:

Well he has said poo poo was supposed to come crashing down several times over by now. Not saying history won't prove him right eventually but so far his predictions of catastrophe haven't materialised.

Speaking of which wasn't something supposed to happen today? Or is that ELEphant still moseying around the room?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
looks like sandi updated her resume!

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

"Lagos 2035"

oh, its a student film

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2251809792/nm4730557

I guess that's why sandi has been absent. she's off somewhere being in a student film and playing someones mom in another "film"

lmao

definitely on the same level as mark hamill and gary oldman

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

I better find some usenet archives so I can relive the drama.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

I've been actively reading that thread. TGS is just fantastic ..

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Ravachol posted:

Well he has said poo poo was supposed to come crashing down several times over by now. Not saying history won't prove him right eventually but so far his predictions of catastrophe haven't materialised.

Speaking of which wasn't something supposed to happen today? Or is that ELEphant still moseying around the room?
So? Enjoy the loving free ride you're getting. It's still hilarious either way.

I'm not sure if Derek ever said something would happen on the Wednesday of this week, just that poo poo's been going on behind the scenes at CIG, which yeah if that's going on you're not going to hear about it right away. If being impatient for CIG to come crashing down is the sole focus of your life right now, jfc I dunno what the crap is wrong with you.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Concept sale Q&A before sales?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542105/#Comment_6542105

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542621/#Comment_6542621

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Ravachol posted:

This. He's been wrong more than he's been right. He's also a massive jerk that can't handle any kind of dissent in "his" thread.

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Turd Burglar posted:

oh, its a student film

Dear god, that's just sad. Maybe CR and Sandi have something in common after all... Delusions of grandeur and a sad devotion to an unrealized past.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

CrazyTolradi posted:

If being impatient for CIG to come crashing down is the sole focus of your life right now, jfc I dunno what the crap is wrong with you.

You just described Derek.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Beet Wagon posted:

I would like to meet the person that hates Eonwe enough to max out credit card on avatars.
eonwe tell him to say hi, lol

no_recall posted:

Anyone have updates on EightAce's Code? :v:

no, lol

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Variable 5 posted:

This. He's been wrong more than he's been right. He's also a massive jerk that can't handle any kind of dissent in "his" thread.

Well, keep in mind he might be right in the end. He may wind up vindicated, but he's still an Elder Troll

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Ravachol posted:

Dear god, that's just sad. Maybe CR and Sandi have something in common after all... Delusions of grandeur and a sad devotion to an unrealized past.

the "film" doesnt even have an imdb page. lol.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Variable 5 posted:

You just described Derek.
Did Crobbers publish a cocaine fuelled diatribe at you? For Derek, first it was about his one true love (space sim games), then Crobbers wrote that spiel of poo poo at him (which made Crobbers look like the worse egomaniac of the two) so yeah, for Derek it's kind of personal.

As for you, I'm curious if Derek ran over your cat or something, because you sure are salty and bitter about him.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

alphabettitouretti posted:

Crobber has abandoned SC and sq42 and is making a sequel to FMV game The 11th Guest.

My mum had this game when I was little and I remember secretly playing it so if I didn't know better I'd probably Kickstart it unironically out of nostalgia :saddowns:

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Free Eonwe, let the elephant forget

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ravachol posted:

Well, keep in mind he might be right in the end. He may wind up vindicated, but he's still an Elder Troll

I freely admit that. CIG is going to fail. It's as inevitable as the sun rising in the east. It's also as profound.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

So? Enjoy the loving free ride you're getting. It's still hilarious either way.

I'm not sure if Derek ever said something would happen on the Wednesday of this week, just that poo poo's been going on behind the scenes at CIG, which yeah if that's going on you're not going to hear about it right away. If being impatient for CIG to come crashing down is the sole focus of your life right now, jfc I dunno what the crap is wrong with you.

CIG is just the same as an economic bubble. It'll poo poo itself completely at some point, but they'll try to keep things ticking over as long as they can. I can patiently wait until the shitstorm starts. :gary:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Is Derek Smart physically stronger than Chris Roberts?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kakarot posted:

Thats one thick straw...unless youre talking about something else

Nah that's a legit thing. Using a Tim Tam as a giant chocolatey straw to drink your tea/coffee/hot chocolate is great fun and a decadent treat that Sandi would love to maliciously enjoy in front of a dieting Ben and Hobo Santa.

e: there's even a WikiHow on how to do the Tim Tam Slam!

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Variable 5 posted:

Look we get that you don't like Derek. No one is saying you have to, but have you payed any attention? He's been right way more than he's been wrong.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kramjacks posted:

Is Derek Smart physically stronger than Chris Roberts?

Who would win out of a free-for-all boxing match between Lowtax, Uwe Boll, Crobbers, and Derek?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Panic Attack posted:

Free Eonwe, let the elephant forget

lol, drat, someone changes it back to the elephant avatar before I even notice it got changed every single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Variable 5 posted:

this is all well and good, but can you please try to be interesting or funny when you take your swings at Derek? your posts are really bad.

• Locked thread