Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

GTO posted:

Are you 'phallosaurus'?

Yup. I used to play on PC way back when but Phallosaurus is my phone name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

got a kingpin black cover and a handful of 3* covers for heroes i had already championed in the pvp 10 pack last night, so it wasn't a total bust. i still don't even see the point of off-season pvp though. the rewards are almost never worth anything and because the point totals aren't contributing to any kind of on-going goal, they're just minor time sinks for iso and hp

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

homeless poster posted:

got a kingpin black cover and a handful of 3* covers for heroes i had already championed in the pvp 10 pack last night, so it wasn't a total bust. i still don't even see the point of off-season pvp though. the rewards are almost never worth anything and because the point totals aren't contributing to any kind of on-going goal, they're just minor time sinks for iso and hp

I don't really play off season PvP competitively, I'll get to 650 or so for the tokens but I won't burn shields on it. I don't play much PvE anymore either, maybe a new character release but that's it. Limiting what I play is the only way I can keep playing this game.

The alliance I'm in is fun and if I wasn't in this alliance I would have quit playing some time ago.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 4, 2016

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Two of the people in that ridiculous screenshot are in the alliance that wants specifically to beat down the all-women off-season alliance. It was super hard to track down 20 women who can score 1k+ but we managed to pull off t10 in both off-season events last time.
Most alliances are all dudes so we're competing with a lot of all-male alliances by default but clearly they have to put together a team of the heaviest hitters to put us in our place.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Huh, didn't hear about that bit of drama. I'm pretty sure we have some women players, I honestly don't really think about it, they're just screen names to alliance mates to me. That's pretty loving weak though.

The game has some interesting drama, like 5DV hating cupcakes and putting out snipers.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Yeah one of your alliance mates is in there but I forget which one because we all change our tag to Wayward Girls. Do you use Line at all? I found you but don't know if I should bother messaging you.

PS: You want drama, ask about the Villains taking over s5

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

21st Cherry boy posted:

Dear intangible,
I've never seen you before in actual pvp and you can hit me for a lot of points if you catch me hopping so please spare this goonette if you see me?
Love, Rockarollica

PS: This event sucks, I'm getting beat up pretty hard

Oh no, did I hit you by mistake? If so, I absolutely apologize. I generally don't look at the names in PvP. I've actually hit my own alliance mates before :(....

Edit: Also, what are these chatrooms that you guys hang out in? How are you finding them helpful? I usually just join a slice, grind, collect rewards, rinse and repeat.

OldNorthBridge fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 4, 2016

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
No no you didn't but while I was shielded I noticed you and you were worth 4 points to me so I was nervous I might pop up for 70 and you'd smack me. Thought I'd try a hail Mary and post here. All good bro.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

21st Cherry boy posted:

No no you didn't but while I was shielded I noticed you and you were worth 4 points to me so I was nervous I might pop up for 70 and you'd smack me. Thought I'd try a hail Mary and post here. All good bro.

Thank goodness. This game is trying enough without goon on goon violence....

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Sorry if I've ever hit anybody btw the only goon names I recognize are a few Goonery ones and skipp and intangible.
Intangible you always play in the first time slice? I saw you in shield simulator too, the game seems to think we should hit each other.

Edit: are you on Line, intangible? I can help you there if you want.

21st Cherry boy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 4, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

homeless poster posted:

got a kingpin black cover and a handful of 3* covers for heroes i had already championed in the pvp 10 pack last night, so it wasn't a total bust.

Also pulled a Kingpin black (and another goddamn Nova) out the 6 Heroic tokens I got from the end of the Season.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

21st Cherry boy posted:

Sorry if I've ever hit anybody btw the only goon names I recognize are a few Goonery ones and skipp and intangible.
Intangible you always play in the first time slice? I saw you in shield simulator too, the game seems to think we should hit each other.

Yeah, I usually pick the first slice. I get up at 5am EST every morning and that gives me some time to make the final push to the 1K reward before work.

edit: When that slice ends at 8am, that is. I will pick slice 3 when it ends at 6AM.

When you say online, do you mean on SA, or MPQ? I can be online in either for another 30 or so minutes.

OldNorthBridge fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 4, 2016

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
I think what was meant was http://line.me/en/download, in which case if you're willing to hook another Pizza Dog up I'd appreciate that - or maybe I need to wait until I have my 4*s more levelled. I'm so loving ISO starved right now. (same name in game and on LINE)

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

21st Cherry boy posted:

I am on Line now! I should be listed as SAintangible there also.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

21st Cherry boy posted:

Yeah one of your alliance mates is in there but I forget which one because we all change our tag to Wayward Girls. Do you use Line at all? I found you but don't know if I should bother messaging you.

PS: You want drama, ask about the Villains taking over s5

I don't mind at all, It's always on, on my phone but I usually only check when I'm playing

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

pve schedule:

dumb heroic event

red iso with debatably worse pve scaling changes

dumb heroic event with debatably worse pve scaling changes

holy poo poo because of the specific heroes you're locked into using, I almost lost the very first heroic node vs juggs and two mooks. my best team was under-leveled patch and quicksilver and way under-covered thing and juggs just loving ran circles around everyone. heroic pve are the dumbest things in their current implementation. I get the idea and it's not terrible in theory, but the current execution just sucks sucks sucks

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

homeless poster posted:

pve schedule:

dumb heroic event

red iso with debatably worse pve scaling changes

dumb heroic event with debatably worse pve scaling changes

holy poo poo because of the specific heroes you're locked into using, I almost lost the very first heroic node vs juggs and two mooks. my best team was under-leveled patch and quicksilver and way under-covered thing and juggs just loving ran circles around everyone. heroic pve are the dumbest things in their current implementation. I get the idea and it's not terrible in theory, but the current execution just sucks sucks sucks
The thing with Heroics is that you can make content that requires certain characters to participate in, and you can make content that scales up to the level of your strongest characters, but you reeeeeeeeally should not make content that requires certain characters to participate in WHILE scaling to the level of your strongest characters. But hey, that's the D3 difference.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

But hey, that's the D3 difference.

and the essence of Funbalancing!

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Superterranean I couldn't find you on Line, is your line id "superterranean"? If you want to look me up my id is janet_rockarollica.
Found intangible, will message you.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i guess howard the duck is the next devil dino type mascot character they're releasing? the d3 official boards have the devs disclosing a release schedule that his him offered across various reward tiers over 4 different pve & pvp events.

is howard the duck that loving popular? the only thing i can even think of off-hand about howard the duck is some bizarre live-action 80's sci-fi movie, and some cartoon in the 90's on USA that jason alexander did the VA for.

i'm just amazed that a joke character is getting this super involved release schedule but multiple actually cool characters still have no planned release at all.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

he has a new ongoing out that's very well received

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Screw this crap I've had it, I ain't no Mr. Cool
The 90's cartoon was "Duckman".

And the Howard the Duck movie will forever hold a place in my heart due to it being something George Lucas tried that wasn't Star Wars :)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Phoon posted:

he has a new ongoing out that's very well received

well, that explains it easily enough. my own direct participation in actual comics ended right around civil war / secret invasion, so there's likely a lot of stuff that's past my mental water mark.

since the main trick d3 likes to pull is releasing the same character at a different rarity with slightly different powers, i'd love to see a set of avengers based on the original 2 volumes of millar's the ultimates. cap's red would absolutely have to be "YOU THINK THIS A STANDS FOR FRANCE?"

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

Howard the loving Duck and still no Nightcrawler.....I would love to see Omega Red, too.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Honestly thought that the "Our next release is Howard the Duck!" notification from last Friday upon logging in was just a really low-effort April Fool's gag on their part, but if they're doubling down on it, sure, why not.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Still waiting for one star pizza dog.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
They should've released 5* Adam-X The X-Treme for April Fool's Day

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

X Men Origins Deadpool

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is bullshit where is Doop?

I want him as a reward for the new AIM event where you eventually have to fight MODOK.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
So I think it's been at least a week since I played this and I don't really feel interest in going back to it, so I'm kicking myself from Pizza Dog. Looks like you guys have a couple of slots to fill.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I recently joined a PVP alliance (TopHalf) and we're looking for four new members. Only requirements are daily play and scoring a minimum of 6000 in the season. Last season we were around 115 overall. Even in PVE (not required), with 16 members, we're right on the verge of top 250. So, you'll get a bunch of tokens and HP.

I'm not the commander so tell me your last season score/username and I'll pass it on.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 7, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
only 6000

i guess you must have a good roster

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SectumSempra posted:

only 6000

I'm still in 3* land. When you think about it, 6000 in the season is 500 an event plus 1000 in the simulator. That's very doable if you have a good selection of 3* and shield up within the last 8 hours (directly after the final points push)

Last season I think I was around 7700 (thanks to my newly championed Luke Cage)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

SectumSempra posted:

only 6000

6000 is manageable if you have a decent 3* roster and enough free time to grind out points. you could probably even pull it off with a 2* roster as long as they were decently far into champion territory, it'd just take longer per event and you'd end up eating through a lot more health packs.

honestly the biggest investment is your time. if you're fortunate enough to have a 4* roster (or beyond) you can pull the same finish in a much shorter time - matches are over more quickly, which means you tend to take less damage, which means your health packs last longer, which means you can take on more threatening teams that typically are worth more points (instead of grinding out 20 point trash) and you may also have fewer people trying to hit you back. but if you have the time to burn, you could do the same with a 2* team.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Call Me Charlie posted:

I recently joined a PVP alliance (TopHalf) and we're looking for four new members. Only requirements are daily play and scoring a minimum of 6000 in the season. Last season we were around 115 overall. Even in PVE (not required), with 16 members, we're right on the verge of top 250. So, you'll get a bunch of tokens and HP.

I'm not the commander so tell me your last season score/username and I'll pass it on.

I'm interested in joining if you'll have me. I'm nnavidson on Puzzle Quest.

Edit: I attempted to join. Pending.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 7, 2016

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm interested. I can't see what my last season was anymore but my guess would be that it was over 6000. I'm generally in the top 10 and have recently gotten the top spot a few times. Puzzle Quest name same as here

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I passed along your information. Hopefully the commander will approve you two soon. That should put us at 18/20 if anybody else is interested.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

I passed along your information. Hopefully the commander will approve you two soon. That should put us at 18/20 if anybody else is interested.

My name on PQ doesn't have a space FYI

Mighty Eris
Mar 24, 2005

Jolly good show, eh old man?
What the hell, I'll go for it. Same user name, no space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Joey Freshwater posted:

My name on PQ doesn't have a space FYI

You're in. Queue up to join.

ghostwritingduck and Mighty Eris are already in. Welcome :)

One more slot if somebody wants it.