Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements/

New achievements, what on earth could that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
loving Tripwire is too busy making achievements instead of adding content, furthermore...

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Questioner86 posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements/

New achievements, what on earth could that mean?

New content? :unsmith:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That reminds me of The Rock and makes me wonder what a 21st century remake would be like, with The Rock as Alcatraz. Terrorists take over The Rock like it is the Fantastic Voyage and Tiny Sir Sean Connery must work together with Wizard John Malkovich to save him. Tripwire Interactive, make it happen. I need this map.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

ZearothK posted:

That reminds me of The Rock and makes me wonder what a 21st century remake would be like, with The Rock as Alcatraz. Terrorists take over The Rock like it is the Fantastic Voyage and Tiny Sir Sean Connery must work together with Wizard John Malkovich to save him. Tripwire Interactive, make it happen. I need this map.

Please make this happen, Tripwire.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4D4PD1dMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8Vz_WSeJU

My friends and I being stupid on custom maps (mostly me). The first video has the best map ever made at 11:06 and the second video shows how you can crash servers using Firebug at 7:40.

Also Demo is still the best class.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

gently caress You is definitely the best map.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive

Versus mode looks fun, I'm glad they're adding it in.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Missed it, is there anywhere where it's been archived?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
okay which one of you sent me this

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

BlackSpawn.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Not it.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

so like is versus coming out this week cause i wanna stream it

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ha, thread tag got changed to something more applicable at this point.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Ha, thread tag got changed to something more applicable at this point.

Hah! I wonder which mod is mad about Killing Floors.

Versus Stream has been uploaded to Youtube.

Versus gameplay starts at 13:30 or so.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Haha I had FactsAreUseless remove the almost one year old Early Access note and I guess he reset editorialized the thread tag. I'll PM him again.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That versus gameplay looks pretty sick, too bad that it won't be avalible on all the maps at launch. It also looks like good fun but only on Short, my guess is it'll drag on on Medium and Long games, also nice of them to add some visual cues as to which Zeds are player controlled and new attacks to those. Overall I can't wait, especially since the AI Not-Director and the ability to make small tweaks without Steam updates is coming in it as well.

Also KF2 is on a 33% sale this weekend, COULD THE PATCH BE JUST AROUND THE CORNER? :tinfoil:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The patch is out; restart Steam and it should start downloading. Patch notes are also up:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/951758164950916279

8Gb, so I hope you're all ready. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 7, 2016

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Hope you all have fun! There's some really big features in this update (the ability to do balance changes without needing a client update, the game conductor tuning the intensity of the game on the fly) so I hope you all have fun and enjoy the new content.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Phoneposting and for some reason the patchnotes won't pull up. Literally all I care about: Is Jell-O blood back in?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Please put in actual classes to go with these new weapons, kthx

Or at least credit us with experience for using them.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

P.S. The exchange rate on crafting is ridiculous.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
holy cow good update.
blood is excessive, i love it!

didnt really use the LAR much since Zerker.
Prison is a cool map but dark as gently caress.

Also now have to press and hold F to switch to night vision googles. figured that out on my own.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4D4PD1dMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v8Vz_WSeJU

My friends and I being stupid on custom maps (mostly me). The first video has the best map ever made at 11:06 and the second video shows how you can crash servers using Firebug at 7:40.

Also Demo is still the best class.

Hey does anyone have a link to download the gently caress you map? It's too good and I can't seem to find it with google.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Or at least credit us with experience for using them.

That's a pretty good point, actually: Questioner, can you guys add the remaining perks in the game as hidden perks (not displayed and not selectable) and start tracking XP for those, or is that too complicated to do? I mean, you already know which perk each of the off-perk weapons belongs to and we're not getting a reset, so it doesn't make much sense to not let LAR/crossbow kills count towards Sharpshooter XP for when the perk is eventually in (or katana for Martial Artist).

Also, what's the general consensus on best Medic talents since the armour heal nerf?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Lemon-Lime posted:

That's a pretty good point, actually: Questioner, can you guys add the remaining perks in the game as hidden perks (not displayed and not selectable) and start tracking XP for those, or is that too complicated to do? I mean, you already know which perk each of the off-perk weapons belongs to and we're not getting a reset, so it doesn't make much sense to not let LAR/crossbow kills count towards Sharpshooter XP for when the perk is eventually in (or katana for Martial Artist).

Also, what's the general consensus on best Medic talents since the armour heal nerf?

Or at least experience for the active perk, like the 9mm pistol. You know people like to see their numbers going up!

I personally switched to the one that gives starting/cheaper armour - because the heal nerf was too dangerous-, but have kept Armourer at the end of the tree with my Medic.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Phoneposting and for some reason the patchnotes won't pull up. Literally all I care about : Is Jell-O blood back in?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I've been working some really late hours with NVidia tracking down some game breaking performance issues with Flex. My video card was losing 40+ frames with Flex set to LOW. Totally unacceptable frame rates. They've been working late nights to fix problems but I only just got a build with a fix yesterday. Once I can test it with a few different video cards to make sure they didn't introduce a crash or something (this has been a problem with past fixes) we'll turn Flex back on. You can pretty much blame me for Flex being turned off because I was the hard rear end insisting that we test it for a few days instead of just putting it in today's build but once it proves out it's easy for us to turn Flex back on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Prison is neat but please stop with the dark rear end maps after a few sirens have been through it. :geno:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Questioner86 posted:

. You can pretty much blame me for Flex being turned off

QUESTIONER IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT FLEX IS TURNED OFF

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I have a date tonight. God loving drat it. Tripwire is loving me again.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Y'know, if I had a date tonight, I'd probably be more interested in the prospects of someone other than Tripwire loving me. Just saying.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Your date with your left hand will take 30 seconds max. Quit bitching.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Y'know, if I had a date tonight, I'd probably be more interested in the prospects of someone other than Tripwire loving me. Just saying.

:vince:

well loving played

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Do the right thing Simon

pew pew pew

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Seriously, though, could Tripwire not reset my keybinds every time they deign to release a patch?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Seriously, though, could Tripwire not reset my keybinds every time they deign to release a patch?

And reset all the options to their default values as well? Cmon guys, this can't be that hard.

I also seem to have lost the ability to search for servers that have maps I downloaded from the workshop, is it because the maps themselves are not updated, or was this mistakenly removed? Oh and next patch please please PLEASE make the map pick a checklist instead of choose one, it's dumb in matchmaking and even dumber in the server browser.

I dig the new weapons, miss being able to see the world through the scope of the Xbow when unzoomed, but that probably causes massive frame drops, but the LAR is pretty darn good. The Xbow can again stun zeds in place with a well aimed shot, they have the same animation of stanting around looking up as when they're stunned by Demo's dynamite, no idea if this works on FPs or Scrakes but if it does, can't wait for Sharp even more. It's weird that I have to re-zoom the Xbow after every shot, can't remember if this was a thing in KF1.
The Trader got some new lines for when you're leading the scoreboard in Zed kills and Dosh earned, which is a very nice touch and I love it. Have yet to try the vs mode, but I get a feeling it's gonna be good.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Questioner, is the AK ever gonna be fixed into something not retarded? You know, like semi auto mode and enough ammo to make it worth using.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Skoll posted:

Questioner, is the AK ever gonna be fixed into something not retarded? You know, like semi auto mode and enough ammo to make it worth using.
I've disliked burst fire on pretty much every weapon in every game other than the BR in Halo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

I've disliked burst fire on pretty much every weapon in every game other than the BR in Halo.

The actual loving rifle has FA / 2 Round / Semi. I don't see why Tripwire can't make it cycle through all three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Skoll posted:

The actual loving rifle has FA / 2 Round / Semi. I don't see why Tripwire can't make it cycle through all three.

They probably could, but it would probably take 3 or 4 months.