Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

AWP shots are fine as is because that jumping shot into apts was amazingly fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Roca out of coL, they're bringing in another UK player(Surreal) to replace him.

Jason Lake still dumb

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Jason Lake still dumb
Roca also dumb for trying out with Echo Fox of all teams.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Roca join my team.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

What's next coL.kcer?

e: guardian out for Malmo, replaced by starix

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 7, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Has Roca done anything good outside of oddshot highlights?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mcvey posted:

What's next coL.kcer?

e: guardian out for Malmo, replaced by starix

Speaking of, we just played the sickest faceit game ever. Dust2, lost CT half 2-13. Getting trashtalked like gently caress. Lose pistol round on T half. Force it up and win. Then somehow tooth and nail all the way to 15-15. 5th has to go and we have to play OT 4v5 and we still manage to close it out 21-19. Feels like we won CS.

Also I have Surreal on my friends, played against him many times. He plays a lot of shoot mans. Played his team in his own league a few times too. They weren't very good.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Well mind you Trill makes quite a bit of revenue off Youtube and his streams, so it's not like he spent 2.5K of his IT job salary on uncasing.

But this is the part everyone forgets. He's actively making money while opening cases. Even if he only breaks even, he still wins because his name gets out there more and more each time. In turn it allows him to earn even more.

For everyone else: don't open cases.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I found a great way to make money while I'm working.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I found a great way to make money while I'm posting

same

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I love this videogame. it's fun and i shoot people in it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

I love this videogame. it's fun and i shoot people in it.

same

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

Feels like we won CS.

I had the opposite faceit experience the other day. We also had a huge comeback in standard time but I wish we didn't because we ended up playing 57 rounds of overpass in a single game and ended up losing. That is too much overpass and too much cs in one sitting.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

da_bears casting with moses :allears:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
it has happened again: My alt is higher ranked than my main.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Clearly proof that matchmaking is broken. :yarg:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

The power of ladder anxiety.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Clearly proof that matchmaking is broken. :yarg:

Valve rigs the system so that only I get matched against smurfs

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

Trilluxe is actually a pretty good player and his (German) stream is almost exclusively playing MM at GE with his mates. I watch it every now and then, it's pretty entertaining. His main thing seems to be YT videos though, most of which highlight some aspect of the game mechanics. The betting/case opening is just something he does on the side, it's not one of those 24/7 case opening/give away streams.

Oh fair enough!

The 247 case opening streams are mind boggling though. I guess they incentivize by doing skin giveaways?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

Jason Lake still dumb

guardian or someone from navi had a tweet earlier saying something to the effect of "welcome to NaVi.US, @roca!" or something like that

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Luna Was Here posted:

guardian or someone from navi had a tweet earlier saying something to the effect of "welcome to NaVi.US, @roca!" or something like that

Roca's trying out for echo fox

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

qhat posted:

Valve rigs the system so that only I get matched against smurfs

Just get good and become the smurf and this ceases to be a problem

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Question: How do people do that thing where they peek and one tap me with a deagle or an AWP before I could get a shot in? It happens even when I'm looking directly at the corner they're peeking from. Even if they know I'm there isn't it supposed to be wildly inaccurate when you shoot while strafing like that? My ping is usually around 20-40 so it's not like I'm lagging...

apostasy.
Feb 15, 2012

UnfurledSails posted:

Question: How do people do that thing where they peek and one tap me with a deagle or an AWP before I could get a shot in? It happens even when I'm looking directly at the corner they're peeking from. Even if they know I'm there isn't it supposed to be wildly inaccurate when you shoot while strafing like that? My ping is usually around 20-40 so it's not like I'm lagging...

they stutterstepped to reset their recoil

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
As you're strafing in one direction, if you counter-strafe in the opposite direction there is a split second as the physics begins to shift you in the other direction that your player is considered stationary. It is in this moment you fire your glorious juan deag for maximum gently caress YOU to your enemy

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

IT's the best thing in the game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

UnfurledSails posted:

when your speed is 0 you are considered stationary and fully accurate, so the guy counterstrafed and tapped while his speed was 0, possibly prefiring a common spot. this + peekers advantage sometimes result in your not even seeing the guy which has happened way too many times to me, and i probably have done it to many other people too.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Good lord, VP is looking to fall out of ESL pro league and into premier

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Jump shots should be for the scout only. Also scout should have pinpoint accuracy when still that has always annoyed me

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

re the stutterstep talk, it wasn't mentioned but when you take your finger off your movement key you don't just stop you still have momentum in that direction so tapping in the other direction cancels it out. Its totally retarded but its just a thing about source.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Infinotize posted:

Jump shots should be for the scout only. Also scout should have pinpoint accuracy when still that has always annoyed me

No, jump shots shouldn't be a thing at all. Jump scouting is just as stupid and ridiculous as anything else.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

If they remove jump scouting I will only have the p90 left and nobody wants that.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i know it goes completely against everything counter strike stands for but i hope they never remove jump scouting because its so fun (and also makes the scout a very unique weapon)

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Bring back pre-1.4 jumping deagle headshots

Delicious Meat
Feb 28, 2006

Violence is always the answer. No exceptions.

ArfJason posted:

i know it goes completely against everything counter strike stands for but i hope they never remove jump scouting because its so fun (and also makes the scout a very unique weapon)

This. Also, with the hit boxes fixed better than they were, it's actually possible to hit jumping players so jump-scouting isn't safe.

Rifles/snipers shouldn't be accurate jumping, though. It should be a desperation move, not the meta.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

No, jump shots shouldn't be a thing at all. Jump scouting is just as stupid and ridiculous as anything else.

:agreed: It's bullshit

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

canoshiz posted:

Bring back pre-1.4 jumping deagle headshots

:agreed:

bunnyhop deagling is easily my favorite era of CS

also when the awp still had a crosshair when unzoomed

also when the m4 had a scope

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just wish for april fools day they had reverted the revolver to its original damage

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

gigawhite posted:

I just wish for april fools day they had reverted the revolver to its original damage

Or that they had swapped weapon models/names to 1.6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Ozmiander posted:

Or that they had swapped weapon models/names to 1.6.

Cs source or 1.6 had an april fools thing where they would make guns more realistic in that they would jam randomly. This would make for amazing csgo.