Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Love how their in-depth talk about the amazing character customization is "you can literally do anything"

Wow I never thought of that, heres my money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
It almost feels like a scam so they can try to sue Disney for stealing their ideas whenever the next Star Wars game is actually released.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xandu posted:

It almost feels like a scam so they can try to sue Disney for stealing their ideas whenever the next Star Wars game is actually released.

And they'll be blasted right out of court because content creators tend to anticipate this and don't even look at fanstuff for plausible deniability.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xandu posted:

does this ever really happen? every time i read about it, it's a failure

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

And they'll be blasted right out of court because content creators tend to anticipate this and don't even look at fanstuff for plausible deniability.

Also Disney has been completely transparent about their lack of interest in big AAA games, which is why Lucasarts cancelled all their in-progress games and has made nothing but remakes of old adventure games since Disney bought hem out and why all the Force Awakens games have been lovely mobile skinner boxes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

does this ever really happen? every time i read about it, it's a failure

Like I said, there are usually precautions in place to avoid this, like refusing to read fanfiction and destroying unsolicited screenplays without opening them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Make Star Wars games great again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Also Disney has been completely transparent about their lack of interest in big AAA games, which is why Lucasarts cancelled all their in-progress games and has made nothing but remakes of old adventure games since Disney bought hem out and why all the Force Awakens games have been lovely mobile skinner boxes.

Battlefront?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Battlefront?

Lucasfilm seems to have more autonomy compared to Pixar or Marvel so they made an exclusive game development deal with EA. Otherwise, Disney is only using their IP to make mobile games and Disney Infinity.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Battlefront?

He said AAA games, not AA+Eventual Third A DLC games.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Guy Mann posted:

I think shutting down the LucasArts development studio entirely made that obvious. :v: They're only interested in third-party games now.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Good spess games: Freespace 1 and 2, maybe Rebel Galaxy?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

They have Amy Hennig (one of the people behind the Uncharted series) working on some new big budget Star Wars game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

They have Amy Hennig (one of the people behind the Uncharted series) working on some new big budget Star Wars game.

I think I figured out why the KS guys were so immediately against this game now. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I emailed Gary Gygax about my new tabletop game idea.

It's like anything you can imagine is the setting and the player has limitless options for play and characters. Even enemies.

He should be getting back to me soon, this is too good to pass up!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

I emailed Gary Gygax about my new tabletop game idea.

It's like anything you can imagine is the setting and the player has limitless options for play and characters. Even enemies.

He should be getting back to me soon, this is too good to pass up!

Your idea sounds great, but you should probably send it to someone else because Gary's kind of deceased.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Volcott posted:

Good spess games: Freespace 1 and 2, maybe Rebel Galaxy?

Battlefleet Gothic. Sword of the Stars 1.

Edit: FTL.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Apr 8, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Your idea sounds great, but you should probably send it to someone else because Gary's kind of deceased.

:thejoke:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That's what "Risks and Challenges" are for.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

:rolleyes:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Star Wars Fan Game has been suspended.

RIP

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Germstore posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/roccbox-the-portable-stone-bake-pizza-oven--2#/

That's not how a brick over works, assholes. Why does this idiot bullshit keep getting press?

Now you too can make pizzas that get scorched black on some spots while remaining undercooked on others thanks to this handy thing that cooks more unevenly than a $30 toaster oven.

How do you not explore a massive swath of the galaxy and have no idea what's there when you're a galaxy-spanning empire with FTL travel and access to millions of vessels that can travel between systems like it's no big deal? :psyduck:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Evil Fluffy posted:

How do you not explore a massive swath of the galaxy and have no idea what's there when you're a galaxy-spanning empire with FTL travel and access to millions of vessels that can travel between systems like it's no big deal? :psyduck:

Travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it? :smuggo:

Real answer, Star Wars is Space Fantasy and fantasy maps always have "Here be Dragons" Unknown regions?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The empty spaces used to have crab armor elves and psychic orgy bugs, but they got jettisoned from canon.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010
There's something about hyperspace being all convoluted and impeded in that area, but yeah "Space Fantasy" is the real reason.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

SW Legacy EU is very strange.

Maiden has a new favorite as of 07:55 on Apr 9, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Maiden posted:

Yeah, one of the book series specifically mentions that things live in hyperspace near gravity wells and that's why flying too close to a star or planet in hyperspace is bad. SW Legacy EU is very strange.

The C'tan?

WH40k / Star Wars crossover would own.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

I was mis-remembering what world a book was in, actually

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Fluffy posted:

Star Trek is nothing but boring political arguments and smug moral allegories under the guise of exploration and they still haven't mapped out where everything is, Star Wars doesn't stand a chance because they're too busy stopping a new planet-destroying superweapon every few weeks to gently caress around in space for seven seasons.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Plus in Star Wars the galaxy is worn out, and everything is falling apart. This si so they can make endless EU books, comics and games about the very, very long history of the galaxy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Because that empire only existed for something like 25 years, most of which was spent subjugating civil wars.

Though in EU, there were parts of the Imperial Navy working on charting out the unknown areas for a while. It's just a lot of space, and they weren't going to engage FTL travel without knowledge of where the gently caress the stars actually were.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

Because that empire only existed for something like 25 years, most of which was spent subjugating civil wars.

Though in EU, there were parts of the Imperial Navy working on charting out the unknown areas for a while. It's just a lot of space, and they weren't going to engage FTL travel without knowledge of where the gently caress the stars actually were.

But the Empire was built on the foundation of the Republic; they weren't exactly starting from scratch, they had access to the Republic's old records of the galaxy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Unguided posted:

But the Empire was built on the foundation of the Republic; they weren't exactly starting from scratch, they had access to the Republic's old records of the galaxy.

Thats the reason that the other two thirds of the galaxy was mapped, yeah. They started working from the trade routes and slowly made in-roads in the gaps in between. There's just no real trade route out towards that particular bit of space, mainly because of

The MSJ posted:

The empty spaces used to have crab armor elves and psychic orgy bugs, but they got jettisoned from canon.

They Call me Derp
Jul 2, 2012

Unguided posted:

Make Star Wars games great again.

X-wing miniatures is pretty great.

Any other game will be a mmo, and will never measure up to the one you played when you had unlimited time.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

getting political with kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1611705350/bernie-sandals-for-bernie-sanders-supporters
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062608887/the-original-bernie-t-shirt
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trumpbucks/trump-bucks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that the defining feature of Bernie Sanders in all of these things is that he's an old-rear end man with crazy old man hair. Because you can't write his political ideology on a pair of sandals, and he has no other identifying physical features.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well, this is going to get worse before it gets better.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
That Bernoulli one is so busy that it looks awful. Just have one of his things on one side and the campaign/year on the other side and you'd be golden. Or at least golden enough to sell your genius idea to ThinkGeek.com or whatever.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/popslate-2-smart-second-screen-for-iphone#/

The battery is nice I guess, but literally all of these "features" I already have, on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Xandu posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/popslate-2-smart-second-screen-for-iphone#/

The battery is nice I guess, but literally all of these "features" I already have, on my phone.

The idea is that you save battery by using your secondary screen instead if the main one. There's already a Russian phone like that on the market called YotaPhone, but it never got very popular despite initial interest, because it's an Android phone and Android users were unwilling to pay an iPhone price for their phones. The price on this thing is reasonable all things considered.