Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hahahaha, the pump trigger lock is right there next to it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Palpek posted:

What a genius.

This actually makes me irrationally angry.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

What a genius.

That's worse than either just eating out of the carton or putting it in a real bowl.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Palpek posted:

What a genius.

Want to post something in the lifehack thread, but don't know what? Repost images from the thread OP 200+ pages in and no one will notice! #hackthreadhax

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Warbird posted:

Want to post something in the lifehack thread, but don't know what? Repost images from the thread OP 200+ pages in and no one will notice! #hackthreadhax
Please, this is a thread for stupid lifehacks and not useful ones.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Someone should also repost the article where the company admits that they know it's terrible, but that stupid content gets shared a lot more than anything else.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Palpek posted:

At most gas stations I've been to, the trigger lock doesn't work. Like, it's there, but if you try to use it, the handle just slips back down immediately. There's no way to lock it in place.

That image is still stupid for a whole lot of reasons, mind.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
Eh, I've done this before in super cold weather when I didn't have very good gloves. Beats holding a cold thing for several minutes and getting frostbite on your hands. #Arctichax

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Un chien andalou posted:

Eh, I've done this before in super cold weather when I didn't have very good gloves. Beats holding a cold thing for several minutes and getting frostbite on your hands. #Arctichax

Buy new gloves when the old ones wear out, you can get cheap ones for like :10bux: that are decent if you buy them on sale. #lifehax :v:

But seriously, wear gloves when it's cold out, don't be mean to your hands.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Palpek posted:

Actively illegal in Ontario!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This actually makes me irrationally angry.

LifeHackable only does really lovely ones, because they're funnier.

This is one of the only "real" ones from before they started that gimmick. It was made by someone on their staff whose submissions were notoriously lovely even among the people running the site, and it was hated so much they never stopped doing bad lifehacks since it got them way more visitors than attempting to post real ones. :allears:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
You can move to Oregon or New Jersey and have to have people pump your gas for you. #lifehack

Marijuana is also legal in Oregon. #lifehack #420hack #420lifehack

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Does those "Tasty" and Buzzfeed food videos count as lifehacks? Because I hate them and they are terrible.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Meowjesty posted:

You can move to Oregon or New Jersey and have to have people pump your gas for you. #lifehack

Marijuana is also legal in Oregon. #lifehack #420hack #420lifehack

Will the gas pump dude pack you a bowl too?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Science WHORE posted:

Does those "Tasty" and Buzzfeed food videos count as lifehacks? Because I hate them and they are terrible.

Everything from their "Nifty" page deserves to be here.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Spergminer posted:

Settle down, Fenrir.

gently caress YOU, I NEED MORE DELICIOUS BANDWIDTH

LIFEHACK: if you slaughter the gods and eat their innards you will gain INFINITE POWER OVER THE COSMOS and then finally Jenny will stop rejecting you because how could she not go to the prom with the GOD-KING OF THE UNIVERSE?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cyberia posted:

Why do you need to hide your router in the first place? I just have my router sitting on a side table in my bedroom, have I been doing it wrong all these years?

I've got mine stuck to the wall with double sided tape. Looks dumb as hell. Saves shelf space. #shelfhacks

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Dienes posted:

Everything from their "Nifty" page deserves to be here.

I liked the re-string your hoodie one, but it's too late for me.

All that other stuff is perfect lifehack material: imperfect solutions that take way too long and are ready to be posted on facebook by bored stay-at-home parents.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Karate Bastard posted:

Speaking of books, a while back someone ran a gas chromatograph over library books and found trace amounts of cocaine on everything (and crabs on fiddy shay but that's neither here nor there). My question is how far up Dewey's decimal do I have to huff until I start feeling it? Asking for a friend, obviously.

Start in the Law and Economics sections, then move to Cooking. Also if your library carries manga, don't snort those. Friend of mine got a bad trip snorting Akira one time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DemeaninDemon posted:

Will the gas pump dude pack you a bowl too?

I would assume so, if he's cool.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xythe posted:

And holy poo poo they recommend putting your WiFi info on the book spine. This isn't a huge security risk because if someone is in your house them getting on your internet probably isn't your largest concern, but I can't think of a time it will ever be beneficial.

Well, sometimes people (friends, family, etc.) come to your house and want to connect to your wifi. :shrug:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Tiggum posted:

Well, sometimes people (friends, family, etc.) come to your house and want to connect to your wifi. :shrug:

lifehack: when friends or family ask you for your wifi password you can just tell them like a regular person because saying "look on the shelf by the dining room table. one of the books is fake and the wifi password is written on the spine" is almost certainly more hassle than just telling them the loving password walla

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Someone broke into my house and stole my computer but at least my wifi password is safe I guess.

titties posted:

lifehack: when friends or family ask you for your wifi password you can just tell them like a regular person because saying "look on the shelf by the dining room table. one of the books is fake and the wifi password is written on the spine" is almost certainly more hassle than just telling them the loving password walla

Ok but what if I'm literally a batman villain

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Meowjesty posted:

Someone broke into my house and stole my computer but at least my wifi password is safe I guess.

Then the book will be a gas trap.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I let my friends and family guess my wifi password as a test to see how well they know me, and I shun them if they fail.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Meowjesty posted:

Edward Nygma wouldn't do anything as uncouth, as obvious, as putting the WiFi password on the spine of a book. He'd hide it in a different part of town, past an obstacle course and two locked doors.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

titties posted:

"look on the shelf by the dining room table. one of the books is fake and the wifi password is written on the spine" is actually my wifi password.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ensign Expendable posted:

"look on the shelf by the dining room table. one of the books is fake and the wifi password is written on the spine" is actually my wifi password.

Which is why I said "almost certainly" ofc

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

gently caress YOU, I NEED MORE DELICIOUS BANDWIDTH

LIFEHACK: if you slaughter the gods and eat their innards you will gain INFINITE POWER OVER THE COSMOS and then finally Jenny will stop rejecting you because how could she not go to the prom with the GOD-KING OF THE UNIVERSE?

Dude. Jenny's TOTALLY like going to the prom with me. Because she's pregnant with my child.

#promhacks

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Life Hack: To guarantee a date to junior prom, knock a girl up in the first two months of the school year!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

At most gas stations I've been to, the trigger lock doesn't work. Like, it's there, but if you try to use it, the handle just slips back down immediately. There's no way to lock it in place.

That image is still stupid for a whole lot of reasons, mind.

I felt like an idiot for years because they taught us how to use the lock in driving school and I never got it to work afterwards and then a taxi driver friend like 20 years later told me it's because they don't work on any of the stations I'd lived near.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Yeah, a lot of places have local laws against hold-opens, so occasionally you'll see one that has the latch flapper on the handle, but the ridged bit it catches on has been removed, that's the most likely explanation for when it doesn't work.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just use a zip-tie nowadays.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I use my inept flailing appendages to appalling effect (pre-hack).

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I just use a zip-tie nowadays.

I do too, I also leave it on after I've finished pumping my own gas so it's ready for the next person.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I just commit domestic terrorism and steal gas trucks. Never pay for gas again!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

http://i.imgur.com/8ARBHYI.webm

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like how one of these is just straight up how to break into something secured with a cheap padlock. That's not really a lifehack, more of a potential crime.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kwyndig posted:

I like how one of these is just straight up how to break into something secured with a cheap padlock. That's not really a lifehack, more of a potential crime.
It's coincidentally the only actually useful hack in that gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh come on, who doesn't carry around two new toothbrushes with them at all times in case their bike chain needs lubing or cleaning or whatever the gently caress that guy was doing?