Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Also lol foehammer, your siggy thing was the 2nd funniest thing I've seen since tibs log leak. Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

ChickenWing posted:

never had carne asada but wikipedia makes it sound tasty

it's p. good

lol foe

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

nah dude i mean like you know how you melt american cheese and it holds together really well kind of paste like? not all cheeses do that, but sodium citrate lets em instead of the cheese breaking down and being bad

Wow that's why that happens? You have revolutionised my macaroni cheese experience.

By fortunate coincidence I am having lobster mac & cheese tonight.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I wonder what the Fadeklein alliance is about.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie posted:

Wow that's why that happens? You have revolutionised my macaroni cheese experience.

By fortunate coincidence I am having lobster mac & cheese tonight.

Look at Mr La Dee Dah over there.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

Look at Mr La Dee Dah over there.

He's eating lobster while his corp starves.

Endie!!! :argh:

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

He's eating lobster while his corp starves.

Endie!!! :argh:

Lobster paid for by IWI no less.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

it's completely real

also lol if you don't enjoy great homemade mac and cheese (kraft dinner get out) as an adult

My current interest is finding which cheese blends are best. So far, swiss and old cheddar seems to be the favourite.

also,

Rhymenoserous posted:

Also lol foehammer, your siggy thing was the 2nd funniest thing I've seen since tibs log leak. Good poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm having a literal tea party for my students today at school. Not at all related to the assignments. Just a tea party. Amd it will continue for the next two weeks.

:woop:

Plus, mustard gets added to lots of cheese sauces because it acts as an emulsifier :eng101: but sodium citrate does it way better.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'd never considered 'American cheese' before -- what do you have? Every cheese I can think of / eat is named after a British or European region. Do you get any of these?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Khablam posted:

I'd never considered 'American cheese' before -- what do you have? Every cheese I can think of / eat is named after a British or European region. Do you get any of these?

American cheese is barely worthy of the name.

poo poo's nasty.

CommonShore posted:

Plus, mustard gets added to lots of cheese sauces because it acts as an emulsifier :eng101: but sodium citrate does it way better.

That makes sense, although I don't know why you'd need an emulsifier. At least, I've never had an issue with separation with my normal mustard-less recipe ((butter, flour) -> roux, milk, cheese)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Khablam posted:

american cheese is literally american cheese

chickenwing is right but for the wrong reason, it's a cheese product thats mostly oil and water but it works stupidly well on grilled cheese sandwiches and cheesesteaks

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress, now I want a grilled cheese sandwich.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

american cheese is literally american cheese

chickenwing is right but for the wrong reason, it's a cheese product thats mostly oil and water but it works stupidly well on grilled cheese sandwiches and cheesesteaks

admittedly, for an incredibly long time I would only eat grilled cheese with kraft singles, I didn't like proper cheddar

Then I started dating my fiancee who would not eat processed cheese, so I started eating them with real cheese for convenience.

Now I can't go back - I tried once a while ago and couldn't finish it, it was just so drat disgusting.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

protip: smoked cheddar is the bees friggin knees on grilled cheese

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gruyere dawg

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also i get a slightly higher quality white american for my cheesesteaks and the rare grilled cheese i make, if you eat it straight it tastes kinda milky

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I rejoin EVE after 2 years of inactivity and I find myself in Catch with a stock Ibis.

I've a long way to go to rendevous with goons.

The graphics are really pretty though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I work in a restaurant that serves probably the best grilled cheese I've ever had. It's got a four cheese blend of Gouda, mozza, chedder and provolone (I think), roasted mushrooms in herbs, caramelized onions, and a couple slices of bacon on a super nice French loaf.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gross, mushrooms

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

gross, mushrooms

literally the worst post I've ever seen you make

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I Don't Like Mushrooms

its mostly the texture, I grew up only ever having canned mushrooms and they've forever tainted any potential they have

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what I did to get myself to like mushrooms was dice them up very finely, like, somehwat bigger than diced garlic

i would fry stuff with garlic, mushrooms, onions, etc

I got accustomed to the taste, and then suddenly the gross texture didn't bother me anymore

canned mushrooms are gross as heck tho

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
yeah don't eat canned mushrooms (or canned veggies in general, if you can avoid it)

mushrooms are probably my favourite veg and i used to eat a quart of them raw as a snack when i was a teen

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

hello I would like to purchase a ticket for the "Mushrooms Are Gross" express please

My fiancee loves them and I suffer through them for her but goddamn the texture is awful and the flavour isn't much better.

bonewitch posted:

I work in a restaurant that serves probably the best grilled cheese I've ever had. It's got a four cheese blend of Gouda, mozza, chedder and provolone (I think), roasted mushrooms in herbs, caramelized onions, and a couple slices of bacon on a super nice French loaf.

that's a lot of poo poo to put on a grilled cheese. Most of the time I don't even like bacon on mine. I've had mixed amounts of success with blending cheeses.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
you all have the worst taste mushrooms are amazing

ChickenWing posted:

that's a lot of poo poo to put on a grilled cheese. Most of the time I don't even like bacon on mine. I've had mixed amounts of success with blending cheeses.

it sounds like a lot but its fairly small portions of each, so its not overwhelming

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mushrooms are good.

Also I got ingredients to make homemade pizza because they were out of DiGiorno at the store.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mushrooms are great if you prepare them right

they add like an earthy note, idk how to explain it

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Eonwe posted:

mushrooms are great if you prepare them right

they add like an earthy note, idk how to explain it

Probably because mushrooms are awfully earthy

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
unironically considering leaving gsf and joining pl just because of this thread's mushroom opinions

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

I Don't Like Mushrooms
This is weird and wrong.

bonewitch posted:

i used to eat a quart of [mushrooms] raw as a snack when i was a teen
This is weird-er and wrong-er.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

American cheese is barely worthy of the name.

poo poo's nasty.

That makes sense, although I don't know why you'd need an emulsifier. At least, I've never had an issue with separation with my normal mustard-less recipe ((butter, flour) -> roux, milk, cheese)

It just makes it a bit more break-resistant.

And mushrooms taste of earthiness and MSG. I'm not kidding. They're full of glutamic acid and that's why they're tasty. See for example ramen broth, of which a gigantic bag of shitakes is one of the major ingredients (pork bones, kelp, shitakes).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bonewitch posted:

unironically considering leaving gsf and joining pl just because of this thread's mushroom opinions

Apply to HABIT.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mpaarating posted:

Probably because mushrooms are awfully earthy

yea i just mean tho, how do you explain 'earthy' to someone who doesn't eat mushrooms

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Unfunny Poster posted:

gently caress, now I want a grilled cheese sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

Also I generally use Alton Brown's recipe for mac & cheese and it works out pretty well. He uses hot sauce but I'd recommend replacing that with paprika or just a little salt&pepper.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

dragonstalking posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

Also I generally use Alton Brown's recipe for mac & cheese and it works out pretty well. He uses hot sauce but I'd recommend replacing that with paprika or just a little salt&pepper.

I actually quite enjoy occasionally adding some peppers or hot sauce to mine.

Most of the time I'm just in it for the straight cheesy goodness though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Unfunny Poster posted:

Apply to HABIT.

if i was going to join pl i'd probably apply to israd solely based on the fact that badass mckill was the guy who got me playing in the first place and is the only person in pl i actually know

i don't really want to join israd though

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
im probably gonna join a wh group after the war though. hole duders who is the most active high-level wh group atm, probably hk?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

bonewitch posted:

im probably gonna join a wh group after the war though. hole duders who is the most active high-level wh group atm, probably hk?

Hard Knocks.

The 'N' is silent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

dragonstalking posted:

Hard Knocks.

The 'N' is silent.

thats what i was expecting

• Locked thread