Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

If you start to PVP, you'll end up like everyone who is slapfighting right now. :(

You can stick to poo poo like FW or RvB and avoid ~the narrative~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

miniluv gonna gank his mining barge and hes gonna permaban us all :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hahah, I've not installed it yet!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

Do not worry, I am a strong disliker of PVP style combat in games. I much prefer to get along with people.

you can pvp and get alon...

hmm you know, looking at every game ive ever played no you cant

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

you can't hate on something that's not real so get over it maybe

i wish your posting wasn't real so it would stop being complete poo poo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We all got along for a few pages and now look at us :smith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the reddit gimmicks combined to form a poo poo voltron and blazing zero is trolling me :mad:

also that one dude is probably a real transphobe and should go away

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
It's almost like unlikeable sockpuppets keep coming in here and loving up the thread. We prefer the likeable sockpuppets.

Like when I'm pining for the days of ordo loving garr you know shits hosed.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

VideoGames posted:

OK. I'm going to give the free 14 day trial thing a go and see how I like Space Mining.
If I like it, then heck, I'll mine my heart out for you guys.

Another one bites the Veld.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the reddit gimmicks combined to form a poo poo voltron and blazing zero is trolling me :mad:

also that one dude is probably a real transphobe and should go away

Blazing or some other dude?

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Does anyone know if they unfucked the new nid bonus yet?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I quite enjoyed that beginning video. I didn't realise there are ground wars as well. I thought it was just space flying.

I'm at character creation now. Who is the best mining race or does it not really matter?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah i see you saying nice things about the reddit broadcast4reps thing and then you come here and hate on transpeople and some gal's dead gramps. whats that all about

Lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Blazing or some other dude?

nag he's fine, the other dudes all started posting at the same time and blew out querns' idea that they were coordinating in some way

blazing is just trolling me and is a space jerk

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I quite enjoyed that beginning video. I didn't realise there are ground wars as well. I thought it was just space flying.

I'm at character creation now. Who is the best mining race or does it not really matter?

Doesn't matter go with what you like the look of, and the ground stuff is currently dead

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

VideoGames posted:

caldari achura

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Can someone link this guy the gsf newbie guide and other useful things so that the forums mod has a chance in hell of enjoying things in a 14 day window?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Doesn't matter go with what you like the look of, and the ground stuff is currently dead

Which really makes me sad, I'd love to ground stuff to A) exist and B) actually matter in sov warfare

Having ground and space fights interact for sov warfare would be really cool because faction warfare carries none of the drama of sov warfare and I want to get in on that without having to do space fights

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

caldari achura

Doesn't matter now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

no, and nobody gets their news from text-posts on reddit, they get it from links to actual real websites.

The post implying there's no bias is dumb though because reddit is comically leftist

I'm joking, of course

Also when someone on SA says Reddit is leftist, I look back at D&D and ask myself: How is that possible? Are people on Reddit legit communists?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Altran posted:

Doesn't matter now.

It's the best race you shut your mouth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:yikes:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

VideoGames posted:

Long term Caldari has well placed "home systems"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

The ground fighting isn't actually in EVE, but it's part of the EVE Universe.

CCP's FPS game DUST is what that was, but that's a PS3 game being shut down in May and is being ported to the PC at some point.

There's also EVE Valkyrie which is CCP's other game which is specifically built for VR headsets that you play a fighter pilot that the carriers launch. Oh and Gunjack is another VR game that's basically just an arcade shooter where you man a turret or something.

All the games are within the same universe and lore, DUST is/was interactive with EVE to some degree and vice versa (you could shoot giant "gently caress you" lasers onto planets from EVE and it'd kill people in a DUST match on the planet).

Also the frigate ships you'll be getting to fly at first are, for reference, about the same size as a 747. Titans, the largest ship type in the game, are about the size of Manhattan.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 8, 2016

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

VideoGames posted:

Caldari has probably the best placed starter systems, and arguably are in the prettiest space (I really like the blue nebulae)

But stats are the same regardless of who you start as.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks for all the advice and help, definitely one of my favourite threads here!

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Thanks for all the advice and help, definitely one of my favourite threads here!

Welcome

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Phone posting but someone give him the this is eve vid. It was really good.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VideoGames posted:

dont troll

also they should just have a vague plug in for Tribes as the ground warfare in the game. because Tribes friggin owned.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Phone posting but someone give him the this is eve vid. It was really good.

Ill do that, but you are getting the parody instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Except Tribes Ascend. It was only good in the beta.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A redditor being a piece of poo poo what a surprise

So I spawned in Catch space and I'm making my way to Dodixie and got pod killed which is fun but my question is is utterly worth it now to try and migrate to get?

I have never learned how to play this game. I may as well have just made a new character. I got bored doing missions so what's good. Is this game worth getting into or am I competing against people who have poopsocked for 10 years and will never succeed/have fun

Libluini posted:

I'm joking, of course

Also when someone on SA says Reddit is leftist, I look back at D&D and ask myself: How is that possible? Are people on Reddit legit communists?

Reddit being liberal is a joke. Reddit is a shithole that has produced hate speech to such a level dozens have died as a result of crimes committed by those radicalized by reddit hate speech.

Dylan Storm Roof frequented reddit, and the largest hate communities the internet has really spawned have all been on reddit.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

:rip:

loving hirez, I loved that game until they made it bad

someone posted glassdoor reviews a while back and holy god did they ever make sense

CEO playtested new smite chars and if he lost he'd order the devs to buff them

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Despera posted:

Ill do that, but you are getting the parody instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

That is quite magical, and wow. I do not want to get into their kinds of positions.

I ended up choosing a Caldari Civere.

Cygni posted:

dont troll

Aww, how could you think this...

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

VideoGames posted:

That is quite magical, and wow. I do not want to get into their kinds of positions.

hold on have you seen the original This Is EVE trailer?

If not, do yourself a favour and look that up right now

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Unfunny Poster posted:

It had so much potential to be good and they just tossed it straight in the garbage

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Phi230 posted:

A redditor being a piece of poo poo what a surprise

a j4g calling me a redditor rofl

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

:rip:

loving hirez, I loved that game until they made it bad

someone posted glassdoor reviews a while back and holy god did they ever make sense

CEO playtested new smite chars and if he lost he'd order the devs to buff them

Yeah, TA was so full of potential. I had a job interview with them, and if that story about the CEO is true I'm a little glad I didn't end up there. :yikes:

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

ChickenWing posted:

I second this, as an act of merciless hatred I showed it to a friend of mine who loves space ships and nonconsensual pvp and now he is in caldari hisec. The trailer is the bee's knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

ChickenWing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

Edit - The bit with JEFFRAIDER is from one of my EVE videos :sun:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 8, 2016

• Locked thread