Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
This is why having multiple threads open at the same time is A Bad Idea(tm). :sigh:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to make a Chaos and give it a try. At low levels I'd complain about taking awhile to summon as many (good) minions as possible but by 30 it doesn't seem to take very long and with a rental weapon your early moves blow through enemies even before your minions start hitting stuff for 5-10k a pop and 1-2 shotting things. I also have no idea what I'm doing but poo poo dies so fast it doesn't really matter anyways.

Is there any way to make your demon soldiers go more active in attacking enemies that aren't right next to you, or do the melee guys always insist on hanging out close by?

Is this some kind of Ted Cruz poo poo, I have no idea.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to make a Chaos and give it a try. At low levels I'd complain about taking awhile to summon as many (good) minions as possible but by 30 it doesn't seem to take very long and with a rental weapon your early moves blow through enemies even before your minions start hitting stuff for 5-10k a pop and 1-2 shotting things. I also have no idea what I'm doing but poo poo dies so fast it doesn't really matter anyways.

Is there any way to make your demon soldiers go more active in attacking enemies that aren't right next to you, or do the melee guys always insist on hanging out close by?

I think if you take the Reagan perk it will help mitigate things. While this doesn't make your demon soldiers more powerful, it does make them more numerous as you can recruit bad followers just so long as you obscure the paperwork and call them good.

Just don't quest near any convents

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Uranium Phoenix posted:

I'm also more interested in specific examples of right wing parties fighting against discriminatory laws and practices against minorities, because I can't think of any myself.

How about the White Revolution in 1970s Iran? It gave the vote to women, allowed religious minorities to hold government office, and provided huge land reforms to the benefits of the peasants.

Shah Pahlavi was not even remotely liberal, unless you're comparing him to Ayatollah Khomeini.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Personally, I am playing Ted Cruz. Holy paladins and buffing party members by screaming is kinda my thing.

e: I did use the skill steal to pick up Donald Trump's Golden Wall skill though.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hey governor scott, u mad bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwRx8-Hjlk0

yeah, u mad

this is by Scott's PAC

Aerox posted:

"Haha look at this LATTE DRINKING BITCH!" - Rick Scott as he apparently tries to order a Bud Light from Starbucks

So some random woman yelled at Rick Scott, had no idea what she was talking about and has been put in her place. A Good Florida Political Ad

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Amergin posted:

So some random woman yelled at Rick Scott, had no idea what she was talking about and has been put in her place. A Good Florida Political Ad

This is tiny hands level of pettiness really.

Next Obama will release a PAC video about how Barkley isn't so great because he said Obama doesn't dunk like a pro.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Amergin posted:

Politifact has rated the claim: "[The woman] had no idea what she was talking about..." as Pants on Fire. She clearly called him an rear end in a top hat, which is full True True.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Amergin posted:

Completely correct woman dismissed as "crazy" for her justifiable anger
A.k.a. "how Republicans treat dissent / women / poors"

The funniest thing about Rick Scott is that in thirty years Florida will be under water and he'll go down in history as the governor who prohibited his staff from saying the words "climate change".

I mean he's also effectively murdering the poor by denying them healthcare and should be in jail for life for Medicare fraud, but those aren't funny

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man Rick Scott really showed her by getting dressed down on video then retreating and saying nothing until an independent PAC released a video of a dude yelling at a computer screen

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Completely correct woman dismissed as "crazy" for her justifiable anger
A.k.a. "how Republicans treat dissent / women / poors"

The funniest thing about Rick Scott is that in thirty years Florida will be under water and he'll go down in history as the governor who prohibited his staff from saying the words "climate change".

I mean he's also effectively murdering the poor by denying them healthcare and should be in jail for life for Medicare fraud, but those aren't funny

Was he the FL gov who was laundering money by forcing citizens to take state-funded drug tests through a company that his wife owns?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Evil Fluffy posted:

TRUMP

*click*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Epic High Five posted:

Man Rick Scott really showed her by getting dressed down on video then retreating and saying nothing until an independent PAC released a video of a dude yelling at a computer screen

Was he the FL gov who was laundering money by forcing citizens to take state-funded drug tests through a company that his wife owns?

He literally committed Medicare fraud and got out of it by pleading the 5th 270 times.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You're gonna want to watch this.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/718528026456133632

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

yes also that

The dude makes Skeletor look like a well-meaning helpful guy with some good ideas

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

I think it's really hosed up that after passing that hateful bill the state of NC is being rewarded by having Bruce Springsteen not come to their state.

If you don't like "Born to Run" then you really need to sit down and think about your life.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Care to tell us why your jacket is so dirty, Lindsey?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

result of a airplane restroom quickie?

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tobermory posted:

How about the White Revolution in 1970s Iran? It gave the vote to women, allowed religious minorities to hold government office, and provided huge land reforms to the benefits of the peasants.

Shah Pahlavi was not even remotely liberal, unless you're comparing him to Ayatollah Khomeini.

It's a bit pedantic to talk about definitions, but generally I associate "leftism" in the broadest sense with the empowerment of labor, while "right wing" generally refers to more authoritarian things and generally supports capital, oligarchies, or dictatorships. I try to make a distinction between "leftism" and "liberalism"; historically, liberalism has been about individual rights, and is, in other countries, often synonymous with the conservative parties (eg Australia). In the US, people tend to use "liberal" to mean leftist, but there are a lot of differences.

In that sense of the word "left", looking at the wiki, the White Revolution did a bunch of leftist stuff: land reforms, a referendum for legitimacy, expanding voting, and profit sharing in factories are all left ideas about empowering labor. While it privatized some state assets, it seems the general weight of the reforms was pro-labor.

I'm hammering on this because I've always been confused by folks like Iron Rose who join parties that are fighting against their ability to have equal rights under the law; the overwhelming trend, and again, I can't think of any examples of right-wing folks contradicting this--to oppress, not fight, for minorities and oppressed people. This isn't to say left labor history is perfect; far from it. In the US, unions were historically racist and sexist, with few exceptions. But as we move closer to modern times, leftism seems always to be associated with extending justice to oppressed and minority groups, while the right wing always seems to be fighting against it.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:allears:

God dammit I just can't hate Lindsey.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

This, the Daily Show interview and a bunch of his interviews lately are telling me that Lindsey is losing whatever passes for his mind.

It's amazing and long may it last :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Amergin posted:

The ad claims that everyone in Florida has a great job except for those sitting around in coffee shops. It is a level so beyond pants on fire lying that there is no cutesie linguistic phrase for it in any human language.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Junior G-man posted:

This, the Daily Show interview and a bunch of his interviews lately are telling me that Lindsey is losing whatever passes for his mind.

Don't forget the video of him destroying his phone (after Trump tweeted his number)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rick Scott was definitely profuse with rage till that ad came out. Probably still is.

LOL

e; someone edit Walker into that meme of a guy getting scared of a black guy on the streets and then posts a sweaty hate filled STDH.txt on 4chan. Except the black guy is that woman and the post is that attack ad.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 8, 2016

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Junior G-man posted:

he's got an impish life in his eyes that, while it may be dementia, strikes me as a man who was completely unmoored from all party allegiances and wants to get the gently caress out, so he's just holding up the double deuces on the way out

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

If you don't like "Born to Run" then you really need to sit down and think about your life.

The only reason to see the Boss live recently was Tom Morello for the sheer :wtc: factor, but he's sitting out this year's tour.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Uhhh holy poo poo Wisconsin right to work ruled unconstitutional

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Daniel Bryan posted:

See you in the Supreme Court :getin:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Daniel Bryan posted:

Those poor workers rights :(

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/718551067839959040

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Chokes McGee posted:

TRUMP

*click*

(What's the origin of this meme btw? I don't get it.)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Don't forget the video of him destroying his phone (after Trump tweeted his number)

That was Lindsey taking a manly stand against the horror of Trump.

And Lindsey was the only real man running for the GOP candidacy anyways :colbert:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

(What's the origin of this meme btw? I don't get it.)

I think it refers to somebody doing some call polling, and the recipient just yelling Trump and slamming the receiver down.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's only a county court ruling. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

comes along bort posted:

It's only a county court ruling. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

:sigh:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thump! posted:

I think it refers to somebody doing some call polling, and the recipient just yelling Trump and slamming the receiver down.

The best part is the pollsters couldn't count those results because they weren't able to ask all of their questions.

E: VVV :yikes:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 8, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WampaLord posted:

The best part is the pollsters couldn't count those results because they weren't able to ask all of their questions.

The best part was the pollster saying when they called black people they would say they didn't know Bernie when asked if they knew him and later in the same phone call say they would not vote for that jew.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Hootington posted:

The best part was the pollster saying when they called black people they would say they didn't know Bernie when asked if they knew him and later in the same phone call say they would not vote for that jew.

This definitely sounds like a thing that happened.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Apparently there is a secret movement by GOP billionnaires to run a retired general known as the *~*~*WARRIOR MONK*~*~*~ if Trump manages to get the nomination.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/08/the-secret-movement-to-draft-general-james-mattis-for-president.html

quote:

Close to a dozen influential donors—involving politically-involved billionaires with deep pockets and conservative leanings—are ready to put their resources behind Mattis. At their request, a small group of political operatives have taken the first steps in the strategic legwork needed for a bid: a package of six strategic memos outlining how Mattis could win the race, in hopes of coaxing him in.

quote:

“Everyone is hoping that Ted Cruz pulls it out, but I think a great deal of Republicans would rally behind an American hero if the choice is between Mattis and Trump,” said John Noonan, a former Jeb Bush aide now involved in the project to draft Mattis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Larch posted:

This definitely sounds like a thing that happened.

just like

TRUMP

*click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Aerox posted:

Apparently there is a secret movement by GOP billionnaires to run a retired general known as the *~*~*WARRIOR MONK*~*~*~ if Trump manages to get the nomination.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/08/the-secret-movement-to-draft-general-james-mattis-for-president.html

The general from Generation Kill!

• Locked thread