Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
It's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

RedTonic posted:

When? I didn't log in yesterday, so I missed any shenanigans.

I think they were referring to this maintenance that just happened. The XP bonus is for this weekend until Monday.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

RedTonic posted:

When? I didn't log in yesterday, so I missed any shenanigans.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/67439-bonus-exp-weekend/ posted:

Greetings Adventurers,

Due to today's unscheduled maintenance we are going to give everyone a boost over the weekend! From the time the servers come back up until Monday at 08:00 UTC everyone will benefit from +10% EXP for all Life/Combat/Skill. If you have not seen the patch notes yet, make sure you check them out >Here<.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but we hope you enjoy the boost over the weekend!

-The BDO Team

And we get autolooping too? I like Daum.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Autopathing owns. I feel a bit like my horse's stamina is going down somewhat faster than normal but maybe I'm just nuts. Also, once you set an autopath, a checkbox under your horse's hp/stm appears where you can select it to automatically eat carrots in your bag when it runs low on stamina.

Finally going to break tier 4, woo!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Now if only I could make my horsies run in circles while I go out and fish. That would be the best MMO ever.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
I can set way points, but I can't figure out how to set an Autoloop.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
Okay, I figured it out. If anyone else hasn't, then clear your current waypoint, make a new one at the destination while holding ALT, then click back on your current position holding ALT again and it'll close the loop.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinaire posted:

Okay, I figured it out. If anyone else hasn't, then clear your current waypoint, make a new one at the destination while holding ALT, then click back on your current position holding ALT again and it'll close the loop.

You can also chain it with more than one waypoint from what I heard

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
Cool, So you could do a grand tour instead of a simple loop between Trent and Altinova?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sanguinaire posted:

Cool, So you could do a grand tour instead of a simple loop between Trent and Altinova?

In theory but you'll be out of safe zones where folks could gank ya good

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

Xzov posted:

Well, that came out of nowhere. I'm happy.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I'm curious what kind of loops people will settle on for afk-horse training. You could try to loop around a city so you are in a safe zone but too many turns slows your exp rate down and you'd probably be bumping into a bunch of people. Alternatively if you set a long trent -> altinova loop or something like that, someone can just easily gank you and then you get no exp period. (Also bandits will attack the cart.... hmm.)

Xzov posted:

The other regions had it with the Mediah update so... they actually withheld it under the guise of it being a "catch-up" mechanic and then relented when people polled that they wanted it in. It'd be ridiculous not to have auto-looping because higher tier horses take dozens of hours to level up.

The skill on level 10 t1 pet and the 10% exp weekend are pretty rad and not something they had to do, though.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

sushibandit posted:

I don't even care if it's viable in pvp, I'll be rolling a plum because her awakening weapon is a proper spear, spears are awesome, and no mmos I've played have done spears "right" yet.

If it is viable, that's a nice bonus. Here's hoping.

Yeah, I'm also considering it because I think a spear class sounds fun. I remember when they took spears out of Oblivion I was pissed since my favorite Morrowind character was a spear using medium armor wearing lizardman.

I've mostly been playing a tamer, but I really like the idea behind the blader/plum and ninja classes. How soon do we expect to see ninjas after we get bladers? I'm guessing that they will be very popular classes.

Also, is it true that currently PvP is 'ranged or gtfo'? I feel like I almost see 2 rangers for every 1 of any other class (although admittedly I often get valks and rangers mixed up at a glance). I hardly see any berserkers, and warriors seem surprisingly rare as well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Level the horse on a level 1 alt or some poo poo so you dont get pvp ganked

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've mostly been playing a tamer, but I really like the idea behind the blader/plum and ninja classes. How soon do we expect to see ninjas after we get bladers? I'm guessing that they will be very popular classes.
Day or so before we got Mediah, one of Daum guys allegedly said that new classes are coming "very soon" - no idea if all, or just some of them, though.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Also, is it true that currently PvP is 'ranged or gtfo'? I feel like I almost see 2 rangers for every 1 of any other class (although admittedly I often get valks and rangers mixed up at a glance). I hardly see any berserkers, and warriors seem surprisingly rare as well.
PvP is gear or gtfo primarily, though it will suck to fight well equipped (especially after we get enchanting past +15) rangers at any point in time (unless you outgear them significantly) until they get patched (as far as I've heard, there recently was patch on KR that did significantly decrease shotgun damage, amongst other things), unless you are ranger, sorceress, kunoichi, or particularly well playing ninja/blader/plum - as far as non-awakening 1v1 PvP goes. Group PvP is a different beast, but the larger the groups are the less fun it is for melee classes, generally speaking.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 8, 2016

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
http://i.imgur.com/yF9SFHe.jpg

Sup Rothsfeld. You seem to be afk fishing without a license. I might have to confiscate those fish.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

http://i.imgur.com/yF9SFHe.jpg

Sup Rothsfeld. You seem to be afk fishing without a license. I might have to confiscate those fish.

Don't let your dreams be dreams

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Just some Kzarka/Guildboss stuff I've scraped from one of the CMs on the main forums:

Kzarka will spawn in every 8 to 16 hours after server opens. After spawned or killed then it will spawn every 32 to 44 hours.

The loot system is more complicated than I have seen most people explain it, but to give the simplified version, there is two brackets; one for high damage and one for not high damage. Each pool has their own loot chances etc, this is in place prevent the scenario the OP explained. (the scenario was where geared people get more geared, plebs get nothing)

Size of the boss scroll and TTK both factor in the loot, obviously RNG does as well. I suggest you find a balance of the biggest boss you can handle in 15-25 minutes. (this is relating to guild bosses)

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Don't let your dreams be dreams

Thank you Snatch Duster

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Ok since people like really dumb text chat logs here is another one. WARNING it ain't good.
http://i.imgur.com/SMPCRet.jpg

Also here is plum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hFeCPa9f-4

Oh my.
That' Claere the person I killed 4 times while fixing up my farm. I told them to complain to their guild leader and they responded with 'I am the guild leader.' So I told them to complain to you.

They're a ranger
I'm a witch with 75 AP

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo thus game is fun as hell. I got to lvl 11 in like an hour and I'm finding myself just chilling in these massive groups of imps just mowing them down so I can test out all my new skills

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Thanks. Hopefully things will balance out over time since the ranged classes don't really interest me all that much.

Is there some form of dueling in this game? It would be nice to practice 1v1 against people since I'm not normally a very effective PvPer in these types of games.

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Thanks. Hopefully things will balance out over time since the ranged classes don't really interest me all that much.

Is there some form of dueling in this game? It would be nice to practice 1v1 against people since I'm not normally a very effective PvPer in these types of games.

There are arenas located outside all of the major cities which let you fight other players with no consequences. If you die in one you can rez on the spot without an Ellion's Tear item. The general unspoken etiquette is that mana pots are fine but not health pots, so it doesn't emulate standard world pvp. Still good mechanical practice though.

I frequently duel people at the Heidel arena in the topmost channel.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

There are arena areas that have PVP without penalties, you can organise duels there.

efb

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Does it matter what channel you are in if you can move freely amongst them?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Where's a decent place to do a bit of fishing these days? I have no boat and am dirt poor.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kaddish posted:

Where's a decent place to do a bit of fishing these days? I have no boat and am dirt poor.

Empty bottles, gather river water. It's always sold out and goes for $2150. Made a decent chunk of cash mashing 4/R while working today.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phi230 posted:

Does it matter what channel you are in if you can move freely amongst them?
Not really, you need to be in a specific channel only for group and guild activities.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

kalstrams posted:

Not really, you need to be in a specific channel only for group and guild activities.

I was wondering how that works for ownership of castles and nodes. Is ownership the same between all the channels or does each one have unique ownership?

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
I'm new to this game. I don't know how to even look for guilds in game to ask for an invite. This game is overwhelming. That is all.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silvergun1000 posted:

I was wondering how that works for ownership of castles and nodes. Is ownership the same between all the channels or does each one have unique ownership?
I would say that it's same between channels, but with channel clusters unique to our region I honestly have no idea.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 8, 2016

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Which one of you was loving with me?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
You would think character creator would block/ban anyone with the name GM_

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JohnnyDangerously posted:

I'm new to this game. I don't know how to even look for guilds in game to ask for an invite. This game is overwhelming. That is all.

Shhh you dont need to know whats going on just listen to the smoke and kill woodland creatures

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Godmode Enabled posted:

You would think character creator would block/ban anyone with the name GM_

Agreed, ban all GMs please.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Are the goon guilds on Orwen/Mediah 01 or Orwen/Balenos 2 or both?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Let me consult the second line of the first post in this thread and see if we can solve this mystery, friend.

lewtt posted:

:eonwe:Goontang and ParksandRec are on Orwen/Mediah 01. SFD is on Edan.:eonwe:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Pesterchum posted:

Let me consult the second line of the first post in this thread and see if we can solve this mystery, friend.

I know you were in a hurry to get this sick burn out, but I also had this confusion when I joined because the first post in this thread also says this:

quote:

The current primary Goon guild is on Orwen/Balenos 2. I am leading goons to the glorious land of tears and potatoes. We are at eternal war with ParksandRec led by Grithok. Invite your friends, invite your enemies, join any guild, it doesn't matter. We're just here for the drama and pacts.

I'm all for making GBS threads on goons who don't read the OP, but his confusion is actually because he did read the OP, so

panda clue fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 9, 2016

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

panda clue posted:

I'm all for making GBS threads on goons who don't read the OP, but his confusion is actually because he did read the OP, so

Touche, I actually stopped reading at that point. Now I look quite the fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Pesterchum posted:

Touche, I actually stopped reading at that point. Now I look quite the fool.

you naughty goon