Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hambeef posted:

i'm just realizing is koichi's hair not blue because of that stupid Frieza movie

that's bullshit that shouldn't count

yes because going super saiyan is faaaaaaar less recognizable than going super saiyan god super saiyan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i can't wait for the death notes fans screaming ripoff when kira is introduced

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

i wonder where the first season is going to cut off.
i'm praying for the endpoint to be after Shigechi's death and when everyone gathers in town to see his ghost ascend and Josuke bumps into Kira as they leave with resolve to catch him, but that might be juuuuuust too far

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Really dig Araki doodles.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

i'm praying for the endpoint to be after Shigechi's death and when everyone gathers in town to see his ghost ascend and Josuke bumps into Kira as they leave with resolve to catch him, but that might be juuuuuust too far

i was checking the volumes and basically the halfway point is actually when shigechi gets mulched. i feel that either that point or kira escaping with a new face after sheer heart attack would be good endpoints for the season, but yeah, time is always an issue

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just realized we're gonna see RPS Kid animated and oh my god oh my god

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

and bad company

and superfly

and highway star

and

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if anime-only people will get fooled into thinking Akira is the main villain.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Some anime only people thought Angelo was the main villain so anything is possible

Johnny Joestar posted:

i was checking the volumes and basically the halfway point is actually when shigechi gets mulched. i feel that either that point or kira escaping with a new face after sheer heart attack would be good endpoints for the season, but yeah, time is always an issue
I'd love for Sheer Heart Attack to be the halfway point but Yoshikage Kira Killing A Middle Schooler already feels like it's pushing it so who knows

I was an idiot and thought the initial end point would be Kira helping his hand girlfriend out of the car after the Rohan fight but at this rate that's gonna be like Episode 15 - 16 and goddamn I'm really excited to see Kira this season. Show me the Hand Daddy, David Prod

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's no way they could do 3 seasons since they don't even remotely have enough material for that, so they gotta split it up somehow.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
actually, Part 4 will never end, David will be making their own sequel to Part 4 please look forward to it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Some anime only people thought Angelo was the main villain so anything is possible

I'd love for Sheer Heart Attack to be the halfway point but Yoshikage Kira Killing A Middle Schooler already feels like it's pushing it so who knows

I was an idiot and thought the initial end point would be Kira helping his hand girlfriend out of the car after the Rohan fight but at this rate that's gonna be like Episode 15 - 16 and goddamn I'm really excited to see Kira this season. Show me the Hand Daddy, David Prod

Time to repost this:

Silver2195 posted:

It should really be more like this (Edit: Bad Seafood edited out the post I was responding to):

Season One
  1. Jotaro Kujo Meets Josuke Higashikata
  2. Aqua Necklace (1)
  3. Aqua Necklace (2) (includes start of Nijimura Brothers)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (1)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  6. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  7. Echoes (1)
  8. Echoes (2) (includes start of Surface)
  9. Surface
  10. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  12. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  13. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  14. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  15. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  16. Achtung Baby
  17. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  18. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2)
  19. Let's Go Hunting! (1)
  20. Let's Go Hunting! (2)
  21. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (1)
  22. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure (2)
  23. Harvest (1)
  24. Harvest (2)
  25. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  26. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) <-- (includes the People of Morioh)
Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  3. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  4. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3) (includes start of Atom Heart Father)
  6. Atom Heart Father
  7. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1) (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face (1))
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2) (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face (2))
  9. I Am An Alien (1)
  10. I Am An Alien (2)
  11. Highway Star (1)
  12. Highway Star (2)
  13. Stray Cat (1)
  14. Stray Cat (2)
  15. The Man on the Tower (1)
  16. The Man on the Tower (2)
  17. Enigma (1)
  18. Enigma (2) (includes start of My Dad Is Not My Dad)
  19. Cheap Trick (1) (includes end of My Dad Is Not My Dad)
  20. Cheap Trick (2)
  21. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  22. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  23. Another One Bites the Dust (3)
  24. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1)
  25. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2)
  26. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy Diamond)

Angelo went quicker than expected, so I guess that means an extra episode of either Surface or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

actually, Part 4 will never end, David will be making their own sequel to Part 4 please look forward to it

The part 4 anime is going to segue imperceptibly into the Thus spoke rohan kishibe anime

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

no they will not posted:

The part 4 anime is going to segue imperceptibly into the Thus spoke rohan kishibe anime

And then it segues into Part 8 with no elaboration.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Time to repost this:

Angelo went quicker than expected, so I guess that means an extra episode of either Surface or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

And Bad Seafood's version:

Bad Seafood posted:

Went to the trouble to make a mock-up episode list for a hypothetical Part 4 anime. Here's the breakdown:

Season One
  1. Jotaro Kujo Meets Josuke Higashikata
  2. Aquatic Necklace (1)
  3. Aquatic Necklace (2)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (1)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  6. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  7. Echoes (1)
  8. Echoes (2)
  9. Surface (1)
  10. Surface (2)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  12. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  13. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  14. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  15. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  16. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  17. Red Hot Chili Peppers (3)
  18. Achtung Baby
  19. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  20. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2)
  21. Let's Go Hunting!
  22. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure
  23. Harvest (1)
  24. Harvest (2)
  25. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  26. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) <-- (includes the People of Morioh)
Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  3. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  4. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3)
  6. Atom Heart Father (1)
  7. Atom Heart Father (2) <-- (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face)
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1)
  9. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2)
  10. I Am An Alien (1)
  11. I Am An Alien (2)
  12. Highway Star (1)
  13. Highway Star (2)
  14. Stray Cat (1)
  15. Stray Cat (2)
  16. The Man on the Tower (1)
  17. The Man on the Tower (2)
  18. Enigma (1)
  19. Enigma (2)
  20. My Dad is Not My Dad
  21. Cheap Trick (1)
  22. Cheap Trick (2)
  23. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  24. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  25. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1)
  26. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2) <-- (includes Golden Hearts of Morioh)
Might not work out exactly like this, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't close.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if the season doesn't end with shigechi getting exploded as kira walks off then i will eat my mysterious hat that halfway phases through my hair

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I thought episode 1 was kinda meh, but episode 2 was excellent and makes me certain this will be a Great adaption.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The person who is miffed that the OP makes it sort of obvious that Koichi will get a Stand makes me wonder: did people who started reading this really think nothing at all would be happening with him in that regard and he'd really go through the whole thing sans Stand?

... I mean the second he actually saw poo poo go down I thought it was obvious that at some point he'd end up with something, even though I didn't know anything about the arrow obviously.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

no they will not posted:

Surely it'd segue into The Book first and then Thus Spoke Rohan?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
We had Paco (I think that was his name) in part 1, Smokey in part 2, and Anne (though she didn't have a name) in part 3, so it's not surprising to think Koichi might not have a purpose in part 4. Araki likes making useless little kids, it's just that part 4 doesn't have one.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The person who is miffed that the OP makes it sort of obvious that Koichi will get a Stand makes me wonder: did people who started reading this really think nothing at all would be happening with him in that regard and he'd really go through the whole thing sans Stand?

... I mean the second he actually saw poo poo go down I thought it was obvious that at some point he'd end up with something, even though I didn't know anything about the arrow obviously.

Speedwagon didn't get the ripple, and he's amazing. Jojo's not without precedent for the gang having one no-powers normal guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I assumed Koichi would get a Stand, but I wasn't 100% sure because up to that part, you either had a Stand from the get-go or you were a normie.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

hoobajoo posted:

Speedwagon didn't get the ripple, and he's amazing. Jojo's not without precedent for the gang having one no-powers normal guy.

You're right, you're right. I guess it just seemed like something that'd definitely be happening.

But I mean, even if Koichi wasn't spoiled for me in any way I guess it's also fair to concede that because I went into DIU with a bunch of random spoilers filled in for me my experience can't really be held up against someone's whose is genuinely spoiler-free.

It's cute that Koichi just sort of sits there now because they could not be making it more obvious that Echoes will be added into the OP later.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought he would have a Stand if only to be a more effective commentator, but

Dias posted:

I wasn't 100% sure because up to that part, you either had a Stand from the get-go or you were a normie.

pretty much.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

You're right, you're right. I guess it just seemed like something that'd definitely be happening.

But I mean, even if Koichi wasn't spoiled for me in any way I guess it's also fair to concede that because I went into DIU with a bunch of random spoilers filled in for me my experience can't really be held up against someone's whose is genuinely spoiler-free.

It's cute that Koichi just sort of sits there now because they could not be making it more obvious that Echoes will be added into the OP later.

Yeah, and anyway in ep 3 he gets hit by the arrow, and by 6 he'll definitely have Echoes Act 1, so that'll catch up real quick.

Dias posted:

I assumed Koichi would get a Stand, but I wasn't 100% sure because up to that part, you either had a Stand from the get-go or you were a normie.

Or be a Joestar, but point taken.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

once battles start being decided using stands it's pretty obvious that all the major players are either gonna end up with stands or end up dead/gone, because otherwise you can't exactly have someone fighting stands without one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just a reminder of how badass gyro was that he gave up his stand and kept on fighting stand users just fine

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Every time I get excited about posing my sas again I remember how god drat difficult it is

My friend is bringing me back a tidy JoJo haul from Japan including an SAS I've wanted for ages. Good thing I didn't hold out on getting Okuyasu until she went there; she's been to a couple shops (she went to several just to get me the main SAS I wanted, I guess!) and she's found absolutely zilch when it comes to Oku merch. When I get my stuff from her next week I'll show it off, there's a Pt 5 figure that isn't hard to find but still until she showed me a picture of it I honestly hadn't realized that it existed.

FirstAidKite posted:

Just a reminder of how badass gyro was that he gave up his stand and kept on fighting stand users just fine

Gyro fuckin rules

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I approve heartily.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

guys

what if the rock people are the descendants of angelo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Polly is great, but the BroJo for this part is introduced next week and he's probably* the best BroJo in all of JoJo as a whole.

* - Depends on what role you consider a certain character to have much later on really.

I meant Gyro here, if it's not clear. He's not a JoJo but he's still arguably the main character so brojo might not fully fit for him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gyro is A Main Character without a doubt. But I don't think you can call him The Main Character.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's my view on it too, but there's at least the argument for him that doesn't exist for any other JoJo character.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I meant Gyro here, if it's not clear. He's not a JoJo but he's still arguably the main character so brojo might not fully fit for him.

I realized that a few minutes later but I stand by my post

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope they play Sono Chi no Sadame during the final battle of the original Jojo universe, some kid clowning on a gay priest with his dead brother's punch ghost

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Raserys posted:

I hope they play Sono Chi no Sadame during the final battle of the original Jojo universe, some kid clowning on a gay priest with his dead brother's punch ghost

In retrospect that scene has really grown on me. The universe (or 'Fate') is basically just saying gently caress You to Pucci for thinking he was God. The whole thing plays out like a super-serious high drama version of Kars defeat, it's great

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Steel Ball Run has a dual protagonist in Johnny and Gyro, so I wouldn't count him as a Brojo. Mountain Tim and Hot Pants definitely are, though.

Oku is definitely my pick for Best Brojo, he's great, and a lot smarter than people give him credit for.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

johnny and gyro both exist on the same level as far as the story of steel ball run is concerned, and it definitely wouldn't be even remotely as good if one or the other took top bill

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I think Gyro is a BroJo because regardless of his importance, he is the Broest Bro to the Joest Jo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm in the "Gyro is the co-main slot and therefore technically not a brojo so my friend Okuyasu can take the best brojo slot he has earned while Gyro gets to be a JoJo main character who isn't even a JoJo and the credit he has earned from that" camp.

The fact that Gyro has a handful of Okuyasu's iconic lines is the icing on the cake.