Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Phosphene posted:

Cs source or 1.6 had an april fools thing where they would make guns more realistic in that they would jam randomly. This would make for amazing csgo.

Even better if they added in random grenade fumbling so that you'd drop an HE at your own feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

metallicaeg posted:

Even better if they added in random grenade fumbling so that you'd drop an HE at your own feet

Most players already manage this without a mechanic for it.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Please add Weapon shot out of your hand! from whatever dumb version of RO had that

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oskar's too good for HellRaisers and I expect him to be bought out by a new org soon enough.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jump AWPing should have a 50:50 chance of shooting yourself.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

implement stamina valve god

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

symbolic posted:

Oskar's too good for HellRaisers and I expect him to be bought out by a new org soon enough.
Atleast Oskar managed to escape the club of players who are stuck within mediocre national teams aka the XANTARES club

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HiipFire posted:

Atleast Oskar managed to escape the club of players who are stuck within mediocre national teams aka the XANTARES club
Well, XANTARES was invited to the FPL 1v1 league, so that could be a start. Of course, he doesn't know English, so that's a major roadblock.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
xantares on lan? i are think that. go lantares

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What kind of idiot dummy wants jump scouting removed from the game? :owned:

\/ :agreed: A guy was pooping on me during warmup constantly jiggle strafing with the deagle. Tried it myself and the deagle loses maybe 10% accuracy when constantly jiggle strafing.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 9, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I don't mind it at this point. I don't get burned by it enough to bother me and it's a cool tactic during the one round you should have one a game.

Fix pistol damage + moving accuracy first. :csgo:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If scouts get nerfed then what would smurfs use to keep games interesting??

Seriously the scout rules and if you don't have a Blood in the Water, you're not a true patriot

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Jump scout is fine, it's jumping everything else that matters. Jumping AWP should be like 1% to hit or less.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Jeza posted:

Jump scout is fine, it's jumping everything else that matters. Jumping AWP should be like 1% to hit or less.

No. Jumping scout is horseshit. Any other opinion is objectively wrong.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jumping scout is pretty silly but at least you can shoot them out of the air now

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

No. Jumping scout is horseshit. Any other opinion is objectively wrong.
Jumpscouting is radicool 2 tha max, please take your snorefest opinions elsewhere

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Olofmeister is out of fnatic until his arm heals too. Plessen to stand in. Uh. drat man.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Phosphene posted:

Olofmeister is out of fnatic until his arm heals too. Plessen to stand in. Uh. drat man.

Guardian is going to be out awhile too.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

exethan posted:

jumping scout is pretty silly but at least you can shoot them out of the air now

What are you talking about? As in being able to shoot them in the air is somehow a fair trade-off for them being able to jump and shoot with perfect accuracy? You should really consider wearing a bicycle helmet 24/7 if that's your line of thinking.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

A TURGID FATSO posted:

What are you talking about? As in being able to shoot them in the air is somehow a fair trade-off for them being able to jump and shoot with perfect accuracy? You should really consider wearing a bicycle helmet 24/7 if that's your line of thinking.

Exploding bottles of alcohol and a rag don't cost $400, either. Are you really trying to start a debate on the realism of CS:GO?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Exploding bottles of alcohol and a rag don't cost $400, either. Are you really trying to start a debate on the realism of CS:GO?

thats not his point and youd have to be insanely disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

ArfJason posted:

thats not his point and youd have to be insanely disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

Well, he did call some guy a retard for saying the Scout is silly (but at least they patched jumping hitboxes) so I guess I'm just being disingenuous. It clearly isn't an issue or it would have been patched years ago, right? This thread is the only place on the internet (including in-game on CS) where I have ever heard anyone whine about jump scouting. Valve dropped the price of the Scout an entire pistol to encourage the superior gameplay style that is jump scouting.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ArfJason posted:

i cant believe imempty qouting this retard but he's right your dumb

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
well he is a loving human being for overreacting to such a minor post but i bet that his argument distilled is that counter strike is supposed to be about strategy, involving standing still for better odds at landing targets, and moving having far lesser odds, namely, having higher innacuracy.
With the scout jump you are moving and being perfectly accurate, which runs counter to counter strike's countering of reckless movement as a counter tactic to a stationary and more thoughtful strategy. counter point: I really like scout jumping cause it gives the scout a unique skill and niche, something that was sorely missing to most guns in 1.6, and to a lesser degree go, and is not as easy as people make it out to be, but i still believe it runs against counter strike principles, so i would be sad if it were removed, but i would understand completely.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Didn't see anyone post this, but Olaf is taking a temporary hiatus and will be replaced by Plessen until his hand/arm heals.

http://www.fnatic.com/content/96648/fnatic-cs-go-official-update

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Suran37 posted:

Didn't see anyone post this, but Olaf is taking a temporary hiatus and will be replaced by Plessen until his hand/arm heals.

http://www.fnatic.com/content/96648/fnatic-cs-go-official-update

Phosphene posted:

Photex posted:

Guardian is going to be out awhile too.

not to harsh on you but its 5 posts up

Up Circle posted:

i cant believe imempty qouting this retard but he's right your dumb
:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

ArfJason posted:

not to harsh on you but its 5 posts up

Whoops, missed that and did a search for Olaf not Olof.

:negative:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
What is the AUG's unique niche

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
have you ever wanted to do 99 in 1 to every enemy you see

the aug lets you do that

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

It has the lowest-priced Covert skin of any gun, Chameleon.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

nftyw posted:

You can LT/RT it like CoD.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

oh word??

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

ArfJason posted:

well he is a loving human being for overreacting to such a minor post but i bet that his argument distilled is that counter strike is supposed to be about strategy, involving standing still for better odds at landing targets, and moving having far lesser odds, namely, having higher innacuracy.
With the scout jump you are moving and being perfectly accurate, which runs counter to counter strike's countering of reckless movement as a counter tactic to a stationary and more thoughtful strategy. counter point: I really like scout jumping cause it gives the scout a unique skill and niche, something that was sorely missing to most guns in 1.6, and to a lesser degree go, and is not as easy as people make it out to be, but i still believe it runs against counter strike principles, so i would be sad if it were removed, but i would understand completely.

If jump scouting screws the game because it does not involve standing still, then how is ADAD any less against the grain of stationary strategy? You're juking back and forth to peek the same spot and negating CSGO's huge penalty to accuracy doing so. I think the little things like jump scouting, pocket AKs, the weird AUG ROF patch, old deag, grenade/jump boosting have made CS great. There are way bigger issues to worry about than people jumping with the cheap sniper rifle. How about most/all aspects of matchmaking, starting with servers? Actual punishment for grief. func vehicle. Don't bring those jump Scout sour grapes in this house unless you want me to squeeze em and make crybaby wine.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

If jump scouting screws the game because it does not involve standing still, then how is ADAD any less against the grain of stationary strategy? You're juking back and forth to peek the same spot and negating CSGO's huge penalty to accuracy doing so. I think the little things like jump scouting, pocket AKs, the weird AUG ROF patch, old deag, grenade/jump boosting have made CS great. There are way bigger issues to worry about than people jumping with the cheap sniper rifle. How about most/all aspects of matchmaking, starting with servers? Actual punishment for grief. func vehicle. Don't bring those jump Scout sour grapes in this house unless you want me to squeeze em and make crybaby wine.

You're actually missing the entire point of ADAD. You actually STOP FOR A SPLIT MILLISECOND IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR SHOT WHEN YOU'RE CANCELLING OUT YOUR MOVEMENT, unlike jump scouting, where you can just hop and shoot and not be penalized at all. This has nothing to do with realism; it has to do with jump scouting just egregiously making GBS threads all over the basic tenets of CS. ADAD has been a part of the gameplay meta since the early '00s, and jump scouting has just been introduced because, gently caress it, why not? That's not a good reason for ignoring a broken mechanic. Christ, people are loving stupid in this thread these days.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 9, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Games > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Christ, people are loving stupid in this thread these days.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You're actually missing the entire point of ADAD. You actually STOP FOR A SPLIT MILLISECOND IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR SHOT WHEN YOU'RE CANCELLING OUT YOUR MOVEMENT, unlike jump scouting, where you can just hop and shoot and not be penalized at all. This has nothing to do with realism; it has to do with jump scouting just egregiously making GBS threads all over the basic tenets of CS. ADAD has been a part of the gameplay meta since the early '00s, and jump scouting has just been introduced because, gently caress it, why not? That's not a good reason for ignoring a broken mechanic. Christ, people are loving stupid in this thread these days.

Turk is pretty much correct and its kind of dumb to say "hey lets fix all this other bigger poo poo that requires a bunch of work in general instead of just making it so when you jump with a certain gun its close to impossible to land a shot"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

ive never said any of the things you said are good or bad. if i wanted to argue in favor of adadddadadfsdaf id say its not "PUSH SPACE = INSTANT MOBILITY AND ACCURACY" and adadad takes a shitton of practice especially against moving targets. if i wanted to argue against it, it does fly in the face of counter strike's stand still for better odds and dilutes some of its core strategy of whoever has the better setup should win.
personally, i like adadad because its an extra layer of something to get better at, and id keep jump scouting because it's another element/mechanic that has no analogue, providing another tool, super inefficient for some situations and super efficient in others. but more importantly, they are fun to do and satisfying to get results with. people understate the difficulty of some of the shots, excepting some really specific parts like mirage apts.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Awesome Welles posted:

"hey lets fix all this other bigger poo poo that requires a bunch of work in general instead of just making it so when you jump with a certain gun its close to impossible to land a shot"

also people understate just how EASY it would be to fix jump scouting. There's quite literally a variable for accuracy while jumping and all they have to do is set it lower. besides what the dude was arguing for, better matchmaking and servers, punishment for griefing, arent at all related to gameplay mechanics and seem to be more infrastructure related.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Must suck to be resigned to cs_italy's market because people keep poppin your melon with a StatTrak™ SSG 08 | Blood in the Water while at the peak of their jumps, Turk. I hope source 2 quintuples player mass so ADAD is ruined forever and I can bulldoze my way through people like a goddamn freight train like our lord and savior Nipper intended.

quote:

Turk is pretty much correct and its kind of dumb to say "hey lets fix all this other bigger poo poo that requires a bunch of work in general instead of just making it so when you jump with a certain gun its close to impossible to land a shot"

It isn't dumb to say "let's ignore something an astoundingly low percentage of players have an issue with and focus on bigger things that nearly everyone has issues with" but I really hope your change.org petition for jump scouting changes CS:GO mechanics for the better.

edit:

Counter-Strike has never been as enjoyable to play as it is right now and I think it is silly to complain about a tiny mechanic like jump scouting when the gameplay is very fun as it is and there are bigger fish to fry. I would prefer their development talent be used towards other things like vehicle functions. blingedoutcars

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500