Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bloodplay it again posted:

Must suck to be resigned to cs_italy's market because people keep poppin your melon with a StatTrak™ SSG 08 | Blood in the Water while at the peak of their jumps, Turk. I hope source 2 quintuples player mass so ADAD is ruined forever and I can bulldoze my way through people like a goddamn freight train like our lord and savior Nipper intended.

It isn't dumb to say "let's ignore something an astoundingly low percentage of players have an issue with and focus on bigger things that nearly everyone has issues with" but I really hope your change.org petition for jump scouting changes CS:GO mechanics for the better.

What's it like to wake up and realize that you're wrong about video games 100% of the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

.7 at 800

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

What's it like to wake up and realize that you're wrong about video games 100% of the time?

ok now youre just fallin for it

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ArfJason posted:

ok now youre just fallin for it

I'm full of alcohol so it's okay

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

nftyw posted:

What is the AUG's unique niche

REALLY easy no-scopes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Counter-Strike has never been as enjoyable to play as it is right now

Well hold on now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

A TURGID FATSO posted:

fwiw im glad someone is stillkeeping alive the epic goon tradition of trying to be funny by saying hilarious lines like "our lord and savior"
cant wait for the millenials ruining csgo post 4 years from now

anyway i first came here to say i got the d2 B ninja again and im surprised how little people check those boxes

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
1.4 @ 600 deathadder chroma

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

A TURGID FATSO posted:

*wakes up at the crack of 11:00 am*
drat. missed the mcgriddle again. my inadequacies as a man are overshadowed only by my absolute wrongness of everything related to video games.
*checks RSS feed*
HTLV.org: Mcvey flashed by a teammate mid on cache for the thousandth time, kills teammate at beginning of next round, 7 day competitive cooldown
CS BuildID 1062012 patch notes: Scout jumping accuracy fixed (thanks Turk!)
CNN BREAKING NEWS: Activision-Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft all fold as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is hailed game of the century due to recent patch

my... god...

ArfJason posted:

fwiw im glad someone is stillkeeping alive the epic goon tradition of trying to be funny by saying hilarious lines like "our lord and savior"
cant wait for the millenials ruining csgo post 4 years from now

anyway i first came here to say i got the d2 B ninja again and im surprised how little people check those boxes

I'm pretty sure it's instant untrusted account ban if you refer to Nipper as anything but. I also have a feeling I'm older than you and that phrase predates both of us by quite some time, but ok.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 9, 2016

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

You're actually missing the entire point of ADAD. You actually STOP FOR A SPLIT MILLISECOND IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR SHOT WHEN YOU'RE CANCELLING OUT YOUR MOVEMENT, unlike jump scouting, where you can just hop and shoot and not be penalized at all. This has nothing to do with realism; it has to do with jump scouting just egregiously making GBS threads all over the basic tenets of CS. ADAD has been a part of the gameplay meta since the early '00s, and jump scouting has just been introduced because, gently caress it, why not? That's not a good reason for ignoring a broken mechanic. Christ, people are loving stupid in this thread these days.

Cuck cuck cuck cuckold
Faghot

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

nftyw posted:

What is the AUG's unique niche

being the worst value for your money in the entire game and being the only CT rifle that's a 1hk if you shove the barrel down the enemy player model's throat

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

reading these posts remind me of noobs complaining about wavedashing in smash rofl

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

if scout jumping is so powerful where is it in the meta??

yea. it's fine. it's all the other rifles that need less retarded jumping around corners bullshit

meeler09
May 24, 2007

sterster posted:

1.4 @ 600 deathadder chroma

1.56 @ 400 mx518

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

You have to fire the scout at the peak of the jump which is technically a moment of no motion :eng101:

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im going to die. im going to loving die if i keep reading this thread.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Demostrs posted:

Wrong thread?

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Demostrs posted:

Counterpoint: You're going to die anyway.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Garfu posted:

Wrong thread?

no its this thread the mr pink drama in subio is what is keeping me alive, i just really loving hate this thread. im like a battered woman who cant leave her alcoholic husband

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

*wakes up at the crack of 11:00 am*
drat. missed the mcgriddle again. my inadequacies as a man are overshadowed only by my absolute wrongness of everything related to video games.
*checks RSS feed*
HTLV.org: Mcvey flashed by a teammate mid on cache for the thousandth time, kills teammate at beginning of next round, 7 day competitive cooldown
CS BuildID 1062012 patch notes: Scout jumping accuracy fixed (thanks Turk!)
CNN BREAKING NEWS: Activision-Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft all fold as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is hailed game of the century due to recent patch

my... god...
LOL!!!!!!!

quote:

I'm pretty sure it's instant untrusted account ban if you refer to Nipper as anything but.
:razz:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It isn't dumb to say "let's ignore something an astoundingly low percentage of players have an issue with and focus on bigger things that nearly everyone has issues with" but I really hope your change.org petition for jump scouting changes CS:GO mechanics for the better.

It's still a dumb mechanic and would likely take a trivial amount of time to fix as opposed to larger issues that have taken years to properly fix (example being hitboxes), so yeah, it's pretty loving dumb to outright ignore something that should be simple to fix. I've never said it ruins the game but it certainly doesn't add anything positive to a game that shouldn't be known for reliable jump shots, imo

quote:

Counter-Strike has never been as enjoyable to play as it is right now

Let's not get crazy now

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Muh goonmans

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Thread got real bad

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sub.io thread is at the high point of CS gaming RIGHT NOW you should enjoy the show while it lasts.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy poo poo. he's the kid who got the FBI called on SA.

I take back my comments about you guys being too hard on him :stare:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

At what point does it get interesting this poo poo is like an hour long

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qhat posted:

At what point does it get interesting this poo poo is like an hour long

from 00:00 to 54:44

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Did you guys not watch the CPL video I posted? the SIG had a niche in cs1.6 pro scene and by god I will get the AUG/SG into the meta for CS:GO. In fact I solemnly vow this. 6 months to a year, we will have COD-guns purchased in pro games (and not by accident). Start cornering the market on skins now.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

NtotheTC posted:

Did you guys not watch the CPL video I posted? the SIG had a niche in cs1.6 pro scene and by god I will get the AUG/SG into the meta for CS:GO. In fact I solemnly vow this. 6 months to a year, we will have COD-guns purchased in pro games (and not by accident). Start cornering the market on skins now.

M249 will be comp viable next patch. Better start skin-vesting now!!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Yeah reading this thread reminds me of people in souls games complaining about "honor-less duels" or button mashing in fighting games. Just because it bothers your :spergin: ways doesn't mean it needs to be fixed.

your just bad :allears:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jump scouts and jumping AWP shots make for great spectator reactions, sorry to tell you but CSGO is now a spectator sport.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

makes sense

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Can someone explain why everyone hates Mr Pink and thinks that he is literally insane, apart from the fact that he is bad at the game?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

NtotheTC posted:

Neo used the AUG on cobble very often I believe two majors ago.

So you know, don't.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

qhat posted:

Can someone explain why everyone hates Mr Pink and thinks that he is literally insane, apart from the fact that he is bad at the game?

imagine a guy with gold nova level decision making being in every pick up game you've played for 3 years.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I've come to specialize at using the Scout and especially try to use the jumpscout to deal damage to as many people as possible so that my teammates can pick them off when they come to help. I think it adds variety to the game, especially at the mg ranks where everybody seems to peek around corners with their factory new hyper beast awps. You buy a gun called the Scout and can literally play the role of a scout by calling out a rush while falling back and waiting for people to rotate.

You take away the jumpscout and you'll end up with another gun nobody will buy since they can save another round and get the objectively better gun a instead.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
The reunion matches are going on right now, with the tail end of SK2003/Team9 on stream at this moment: https://www.twitch.tv/iostudios

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Ex6 kicked from G2, replaced by bodyy. Fresh blood I guess, never heard of him before. Ex-LDLC White apparently.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Yam from Renegades about the difficulty of cheating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drrGTxsYhv4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Currently on the top of Reddit right on time!