Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
To be fair, it is kind of a rational move on Ike's part. He's been with the company forever and has made it a lot of money, so they can't outright get rid of him. But Feige forced him out of the movies and if he lets the TV stuff mix in with the movies, he loses control of those characters and the company has less of a reason to keep him around if someone else can make his characters work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

He's thrilling to read about, if nothing else

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Not letting the TV shows crossover is the least of Ike's sins. He is also best friends with Avi Arad and Donald Trump.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ike likely doesn't like the movies crossing over (outside of The Avengers) much either.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes, and he complained about guests getting free food.

The guy thought he was on the inside track to taking over Disney, but Fiege has pretty much shut that down thanks to his power play. Now Ike is just a grumpy old man who is trying to make it so no other kids can play with his toys. Cutting off his nose to spite his face.
What is his background anyway before he got involved with Marvel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ike has been trying to get a seat on the Disney board for what, 20 years now? And by all reports everyone in the higher ups at Disney loving hates him with a passion.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Umberto Gonzales recently dropped some very interesting rumours about the future of the DC Cinematic Universe

quote:

>WB is considering releasing the R-rated 3 hour cut of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE in theaters.

>Batman is a much more prominent character in SUICIDE SQUAD than it appears. Test-screenings have recently happened.

>SUICIDE SQUAD will launch a new trailer that'll be screened with copies of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. It might have an early released this Sunday after the MTV awards, and it's cut to "Ballroom Blitz".

>The secret WB/DC movie that is being released on November 1, 2019 is the standalone BATMAN movie starring Ben Affleck.

Keep in mind the guy has an excellent track record about DC.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

What is his background anyway before he got involved with Marvel?

He owned Toy Biz. He made a sweetheart deal for toys with Marvel in 1993, which in turn let TB (which was mostly Perlmutter and Avi Arad) slip in and buy Marvel out from under Carl Icahn and Ronald Perelman, who were both trying to buy the bankrupt publisher, in 1996. In 1998 the two companies were merged into Marvel Enterprises.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Umberto Gonzales recently dropped some very interesting rumours about the future of the DC Cinematic Universe

Keep in mind the guy has an excellent track record about DC.

I hope you're right. Ballroom Blitz is the perfect song to cut a trailer to after that Bohemian Rhapsody one, and I'll totally go see BvS in theaters a couple more times if they release the R-rated one and it's as much better as I would hope/think/want. That said, I feel like I don't buy Batman being in SS that much, unless "more prominent" means that his specter looms large over the movie. We know he's in the movie in some aspect related to the Joker, it would totally make sense if a bunch of the other guys have had run-ins with The Bat.

I'm surprised they're not trying to get Batfleck out sooner. Like, when they announced two mystery movies, I totally expected the earlier one to be Batman, especially considering they've already got some casting done, and Affleck is already working on a treatment, and is presumed to direct.

He's also saying that the unannounced event film WB is working on is The Tomb Raider, which I completely buy, especially if they've got Daisy Ridley onboard.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Yoshifan823 posted:

He's also saying that the unannounced event film WB is working on is The Tomb Raider, which I completely buy, especially if they've got Daisy Ridley onboard.

She basically Harrison Ford 2.0 at this point :allears:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think they want to get Batman's story in the Justice League movies out of the way first before his solo movie.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luminous Obscurity posted:

She basically Harrison Ford 2.0 at this point :allears:

Quick, cast her in Blade Runner 2 before her schedule fills up~!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'm surprised they're not trying to get Batfleck out sooner. Like, when they announced two mystery movies, I totally expected the earlier one to be Batman, especially considering they've already got some casting done, and Affleck is already working on a treatment, and is presumed to direct.

I just don't see how they could get it done sooner. JL is 2017 and then he has a project he wants to do and WB is financing for 2018.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yoshifan823 posted:

I hope you're right. Ballroom Blitz is the perfect song to cut a trailer to after that Bohemian Rhapsody one, and I'll totally go see BvS in theaters a couple more times if they release the R-rated one and it's as much better as I would hope/think/want. That said, I feel like I don't buy Batman being in SS that much, unless "more prominent" means that his specter looms large over the movie. We know he's in the movie in some aspect related to the Joker, it would totally make sense if a bunch of the other guys have had run-ins with The Bat.

Daaaaang maybe the Joker = Robin rumor/speculation is true.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really want to cut the trailer to Ballroom Blitz now. I might just do that...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yoshifan823 posted:

I wasn't originally sold on Daisy being the new Lara Croft, but after watching TFA a few more times, I guess I can see it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Ballroom Blitz is a rly good song choice, I will agree

E: it has to be the Rock Band 1 cover tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll cut my own version and post it here. I'll keep it quiet in case DC will use that song and I don't want to get sued tbh. But gotddamn does that sound like a blast of a trailer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

I wasn't originally sold on Daisy being the new Lara Croft, but after watching TFA a few more times, I guess I can see it.

She has exactly the amount of skill to be Lara Croft.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Finally saw Kingsmen.

What a delightful movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's one of the best edited films I've seen in a long time. Lotsa people around here hate it, and that's cool. But that movie just works for me so well. It's like a big Bond take down, love letter.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hat Thoughts posted:

Ballroom Blitz is a rly good song choice, I will agree

E: it has to be the Rock Band 1 cover tho

For real, I didn't know that it existed 20 minutes ago, and now I've never needed anything more.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope Daisy's not in tomb raider because that movie will suck and she doesn't deserve to get drug down so early in her career.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yoshifan823 posted:

For real, I didn't know that it existed 20 minutes ago, and now I've never needed anything more.

Same. That's the version that's going in my trailer.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

You didn't know Ballroom Blitz existed before 20 minutes ago?

did you never see Wayne's World?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think they mean the Rock Band version.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
No, I just meant a Suicide Squad trailer cut to Ballroom Blitz, but the Rock Band cover idea is pretty inspired too. Ballroom Blitz is one of those songs that should be in every action movie. Like Don't Stop Me Now, or Bohemian Rhapsody, or anything by The Beastie Boys.

My friend who is a huge comic nerd does Ballroom Blitz as his karaoke song, he was pretty stoked by this news as well.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

CelticPredator posted:

It's one of the best edited films I've seen in a long time. Lotsa people around here hate it, and that's cool. But that movie just works for me so well. It's like a big Bond take down, love letter.

I mean, the villain has a giant loving mountain base filled with faceless guards that get mowed down. What is not to love?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People don't care for the politics of the film.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Civil War embargo is being lifted despite it being a month away. Disney must be confident that reviews will be good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

site posted:

I hope Daisy's not in tomb raider because that movie will suck and she doesn't deserve to get drug down so early in her career.

That's why part of me didn't really want her for the role. She doesn't really seem like a good fit anyways, and there's a high probability the movie will be terrible. The director onboard doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the project. Give the lead role to like, Kaya Scodelario instead. Worst case is Daisy misses out on a successful franchise if somehow the movie doesn't suck, but I mean, she already got her big break with Star Wars so she can be all "whatevs" and continue to make a bajillion dollars as Rey.

Rhyno posted:

She has exactly the amount of skill to be Lara Croft.

I'm not saying she's not capable for the role. I'm just saying she doesn't really seem like a good fit to me. I say this as a fan of Daisy and a fan of the rebooted Tomb Raider games.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

I'm not saying she's not capable for the role. I'm just saying she doesn't really seem like a good fit to me. I say this as a fan of Daisy and a fan of the rebooted Tomb Raider games.

I'm saying she is a wooden, untalented actress who was cast because of her vague resemblance to two prior SW actresses.

Perfect for Lara Croft.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

People don't care for the politics of the film.

:jerkbag:

Oh no. My sensibilities!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

I'm saying she is a wooden, untalented actress who was cast because of her vague resemblance to two prior SW actresses.

Perfect for Lara Croft.

Her boobs aren't big or polygonal enough.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Whizbang posted:

Her boobs aren't big or polygonal enough.

this can be fixed in post

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Perfect for Lara Croft.

We must not have watched the same movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

We must not have watched the same movie.

You probably saw Sisters by accident.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Corek posted:

The Civil War embargo is being lifted despite it being a month away. Disney must be confident that reviews will be good.

This might have something to do with the early screenings that are coming out next week.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

You probably saw Sisters by accident.

I don't know what that is tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

site posted: