Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I used to like it a lot more when it increased the chance of cops surrendering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

23,336,413/72800 =320 and change, so 321 bags.

Using very loose and not at all accurate information as I'm not currently looking at the exact numbers or anything, but going off of memory and YouTube videos, Twitch drives by about every six minutes and 30 seconds, hangs out for a minute thirty and bails. During that time period you can do one full "everyone gets a turn" cook I believe, I could be wrong, so that's four bags every 8 minutes. That means it will take about 80.25 full cooks, or around 642 minutes, or approximately ten HOURS.

Again, my math could be off; but that's as accurate as I can guess with very limited information and almost no research outside of a cursory glance at YT.

I'm honestly wondering now if that marathon of gaming is the fastest way to get to 100.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How many bags would a stealth bonus from DW Election Day save?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'll do the calculation assuming that the player's XP wasn't effected by having done DW Election day. This isn't possible, but it's a much simpler adjustment; DW Election day would give the player a bunch of levels/XP, dependent on how a whole bunch of things went down in that heist.

New calculation:

XP = awarded XP * difficulty multiplier * (1 + perk deck + infamy + time limited bonus + crew alive + Gage packages + skins) * heat * stealth bonus (* 1.2 if pro job) (* 0.7 if in custody) (* low level penalty)

23,336,413, divided by = 8000 * 14 * (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + .3 + 0 + 0) * 1 * 1.2 (* 1) (* 1) (* .5)

23,336,413/87360 =267 and change, so 268 bags.

Now, let's see how much XP this hypothetical player would get from ED stealth, with the same assumptions as before, plus also assuming they hung around long enough to avoid the anti-ECM rush differences for XP payout.

ED XP:

ED stealth max = 20,000 base

XP = awarded XP * difficulty multiplier * (1 + perk deck + infamy + time limited bonus + crew alive + Gage packages + skins) * heat * stealth bonus (* 1.2 if pro job) (* 0.7 if in custody) (* low level penalty)

ED XP is = 20000 * 14 * (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + .3 + 0 + 0) * 1 * 1 (* 1) (* 1) (* .7(different low level penalty)

ED XP is 254800. This would get them to level 33.

Now we subtract that XP from the total for 100:

23,336,413-254800=23081613

New calculation:

23,081,613 divided by 8000 * 14 * (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + .3 + 0 + 0) * 1 * 1.2 (* 1) (* 1) (* .8)

23,081,613 divided by 8000*14*1.3*1.2*.8

23,081,613 divided by 139776 = 165 and change, so 166 bags.

edit: I forgot to add the pro bonus to ED, but eh, close enough.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 9, 2016

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

74 bags fewer if you include the fact you'd be level 27 by then.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Jesus, just do DW jewel store first to jump up to level 30 or do it twice to get up to level 38 or so. Ten minutes of work and you get some skill points so your team doesn't have to carry you forever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Here's the caveat- I'm pretty sure order of operations means that I'm overapplying both the beneficial and detrimental bonus multipliers to the per-bag total, since those would only be counted once at the end of the heist.

clockworkjoe posted:

Jesus, just do DW jewel store first to jump up to level 30 or do it twice to get up to level 38 or so. Ten minutes of work and you get some skill points so your team doesn't have to carry you forever.

Oh, I know- running Cook Off for XP is a terrible idea under any circumstances, I was just curious about the math. The optimum route, not that it truly matters, would probably involve running DW jewelry store stealth once, then running a couple transports, which can be rushed stupidly fast with a good crew, then running transports and rushing stealth ED-you can still get optimal XP from it in stealth in ~6 minutes. I'm less clear on what would get you through the last half of the curve fastest, but as you said, none of this matters that much.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 9, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, I broke the code and got a look at the secret Jiro's Son DLC. Its Lo Wang in a demons break out in Hollywood Shadow Warrior 2 crossover heist! Beat it to unlock Lo Wang like Hoxbreak.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Don't play with my heart like that

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

Personally I think dominator ace is great and I always take it when going up Mastermind.

If you're going up mastermind anyway then you'd be daft not to take dominator ace.

If you're playing a techforcer or rocking a stealth build and dominator is as high in the tree as you're going, those 3 points might make more sense elsewhere.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't play with my heart like that

It would be a good tie-in too.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Not strictly payday but crime dad is looking pretty good
https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/718902571964850176

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dude goes mining for gold and says "check out these veins"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you wouldn't need to go mining for iron tho because those biceps are made of it

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I hope he's got a temperature controlled terrarium.

For those phythons

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I want Eric Etebari to gently caress me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

watho posted:

hell, same

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You have to ask nicely and with roses.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

watho posted:

:agreed: :same:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'd worship his long guide if you know what I mean

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

This thread got weird fast

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
Not weird enough.

Who's your crime daddy?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The real reason why Sydney doesn't show up is because most of the fan base is gay for Dallas and Chains.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Crabtree posted:

The real reason why Sydney doesn't show up is because most of the fan base is gay for Dallas and Chains.

jimmy is a cute sleazy piece of poo poo and I'm gonna seed his holes.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

jimmy is a cute sleazy piece of poo poo and I'm gonna seed his holes.

Gurl, you gettin' tricked.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

How much of a chore is 12 dancing hostage achievement in Nightclub?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

kalstrams posted:

How much of a chore is 12 dancing hostage achievement in Nightclub?

Not a lot - it can be done in stealth. Just restart until there's no cameras, then have 1-2 ECMs (don't even need to be upgraded since there's no pagers) and 12+ ties. ECM, rush in, kill the Russians, ziptie/kill all the hostages, put 12 of them on the dance floor and complete as normal. No cops show, and there's no chance of them being rescued.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

Not a lot - it can be done in stealth. Just restart until there's no cameras, then have 1-2 ECMs (don't even need to be upgraded since there's no pagers) and 12+ ties. ECM, rush in, kill the Russians, ziptie/kill all the hostages, put 12 of them on the dance floor and complete as normal. No cops show, and there's no chance of them being rescued.
Oh, so 'dancing' will work if I just have 12 people tied up on the dancefloor? That's trivial then.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Great time to get the DJ to the van, too.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

kalstrams posted:

Oh, so 'dancing' will work if I just have 12 people tied up on the dancefloor? That's trivial then.

Fairly, just do it stealth so you don't have cops freeing hostages on the dancefloor while you're trying to escape.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

chairface posted:

Fairly, just do it stealth so you don't have cops freeing hostages on the dancefloor while you're trying to escape.
I'll do it the coming evening, trick will be just getting a few more people who have cable ties.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I am pleased to announce a new addition to my family:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I am pleased to announce a new addition to my family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAoME_aMm1w&hd=1

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tempest_56 posted:

For anyone not familiar with this strategy, you can check for cameras before even walking into the building: the corner of the wall next to the bouncer will have a GenSec sticker if the cameras spawned. You might as well restart if they did, because trying to control the place with cameras up is a serious pain in the rear end. Having Control Freak to get the civilians down while you focus on shooting gangsters is really helpful too.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

kalstrams posted:

I'll do it the coming evening, trick will be just getting a few more people who have cable ties.

It counts intimidated civs so you can actually solo it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It counts intimidated civs so you can actually solo it
Oh, totally doable then.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, just bring control freak basic and some loud guns.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
From let's stream:

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Payday 2 Goon Cop Clique with the gang at http://twitch.tv/dogglesforhire

Come laugh at us.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They really should be a very rare random chance on Golden Grin where you can win stupidly big from the slots that you can just leave without stealing anything. Just here's the ticket for several million and you can just walk back to the van/limo you started from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

They really should be a random chance on Golden Grin where you can win stupidly big from the slots that you can just leave without stealing anything. Just here's the ticket for several million and you can just walk back to the van/limo you started from.

But you still gotta get the Dentist's loot!