Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Wibla posted:

While it may be very GoT-cliche-y to use the term "summer children", it's not wrong. A lot of these chucklefucks currently on the gently caress IMPERIUM-bandwagon have never actually fought a protracted war.

They'll learn, after we've broken their wills.

Yeah hasnt this war been going on for like... a few weeks? A month or two tops?

Wasnt the great war like literally eighteen months long? I just looked up a timeline and the timeline starts in september 2006 and ends in april 2008

E: and then six months later another war with BoB started and went on for another six months.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't think I'd count the end in 2008. Personally I wouldn't count the end until IT went the way of the dodo and delve was fully pacified.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Wasn't that in like 2011?

If so, holy cow you guys fought that war for literally half a decade. That is terrifying.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i j4gd in like 2010 then never actually played it, what's the end game for the grr goons crew? drive us out of nullsec? kill all our spaceships?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

i j4gd in like 2010 then never actually played it, what's the end game for the grr goons crew? drive us out of nullsec? kill all our spaceships?

Reddit karma

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

sebmojo posted:

the same as always, good fightz

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

the good thing or bad thing (depending on which side you are on) about tracking titans is that they're really hard to kill, and they'll usually win

like back in 2011 GSF's big move to start pumping out supers like crazy was driven by the realization that the only counter to PL's blap titans was more titans/supers

nullsec will really suck for anyone who doesn't have titans if tracking titans and semi-aoe DDs are a thing again

The thing is though that Post citadel you will be able to dread bomb a Titan with something like 15 dreads and a super with 5-7 and kill it.

So even if someone puts 10 tracking Titans on grid. A group like LSS will throw 20 suicide dreads on them and kill one or two TItans then high five and take the pod express home.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

sebmojo posted:

Crush enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

The thing is though that Post citadel you will be able to dread bomb a Titan with something like 15 dreads and a super with 5-7 and kill it.

So even if someone puts 10 tracking Titans on grid. A group like LSS will throw 20 suicide dreads on them and kill one or two TItans then high five and take the pod express home.

Problem is getting the hics/dic not instablapped by the titans

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

What if someone puts 100 tracking Titans on grid?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

look at this and know the enemy (one too poor to have his own, at that)

Well- not everyone can know the full glory of losing a space penis to SMASH.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Not at all really.

No use trying to explain how PL works, if they don't know by now- they'll never know.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you do get sword fleet on a titan that titan is going to get f'd in the b.

Also if they are blap fit they are only doing say 6k to capitals as opposed to 17k with tech two standard capital guns.

Despera fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 10, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What if someone puts 100 tracking Titans on grid?

you drop 1000 suicide dreads on them

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

you drop 1000 suicide dreads on them

Not sure if you are joking but that is in no way feasible.

Or :thejoke: ?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

kiresays posted:

You guys have been mass building these things for 2 years now, you almost certainly have more.

The problem is that, for whatever reason, when this war started the Imperium never got their supers active and never consolidated them. Most are in Saranen or 93PI (which is now reinforced lol), but there are some in Vale lowsec, and a ton just smeared across the North from Tenal to Fade. These FCON guys are dying because they stayed in Branch to defend, lost, and now are trying their hardest to get to Saranen.

At this point IWI could completely cut funding and nothing would change. A lot of people aren't even involved to ~Kill Goon~. They're here just like they all went to Catch to farm Brave a year ago - easy targets and lots of content. Deklein/Fade/Pure Blind have become the best stocked hunting grounds in EVE.

How do supercap engagements win you space in Fozziesov?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

That Works posted:

You still have to survive in space while entosising. So you send out a guy in a frigate or destroyer, he gets popped. Send out a few guys and add some cover from some cruisers. They get popped by a larger cruiser gang. So on and so forth until if you really want the space you'll be prepared to drop supers on whoever stops your entosis guys so the people defending it need to counter your super fleet. At least that is in theory, who knows if it will ever reach that point in practice.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

nessin posted:

You still have to survive in space while entosising. So you send out a guy in a frigate or destroyer, he gets popped. Send out a few guys and add some cover from some cruisers. They get popped by a larger cruiser gang. So on and so forth until if you really want the space you'll be prepared to drop supers on whoever stops your entosis guys so the people defending it need to counter your super fleet. At least that is in theory, who knows if it will ever reach that point in practice.

And then if you really want to escalate it you don't live in null sec so your enemy can't entosis you. Currently there's not a counter to not being able to be entosised.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Really this war was about teaching us that sov is aids. Thank you new eden.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So if I were to focus on something for the next month, any ideas on what goons will need more of? Something like an Anathema/Buzzard or more of an industrial ship like a mining barge or a hauler, maybe an Orca? I need a target or I'll end up skilling up a bunch of random things and never get out of a frigate.

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox
I joined Fweddit halfway through a trial account (loved the game instantly, subbed, and moved directly to null). I played for a few months with them, and then took a break from EVE.

Came back in late January to find Fweddit had moved to lowsec, and didn't feel like going that route. Within two hours I had multiple invites into Bastion corps. I joined one, and was there until the demand was made to abandon sov. Sov is sov is sov, sure. But the way in which Mittani discussed the whole affair irked me to no end.

I'm not super familiarized with the whole cfc/bastion history or anything. It's been over a years since I even really had a conversation about it. So I'm not sure if Bastion owes cfc for space, and have never witnessed nor been told about any situation wherein cfc came to Bastions defense. I was operating from the 'this guy is an egomaniac and demanding my alliance (and lawn, who I like and respected) abandon our space to defend his turf'. From my perspective, we had never received help, and I was not going to lift a finger for this pompous personality.

So I left. Found the only neutral alliance I could find, and ran with it. Upon leaving, I started objectively understanding what people meant when they'd complained about or mentioned the 'blue-donut' dilemma. It has become clear to me that this war is actually a much needed injection of content, and appears to be for the best.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Well- not everyone can know the full glory of losing a space penis to SMASH.

No use trying to explain how PL works, if they don't know by now- they'll never know.

See endie :mad:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i want penif to SMASH my dong

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crimewave posted:

I joined Fweddit halfway through a trial account (loved the game instantly, subbed, and moved directly to null). I played for a few months with them, and then took a break from EVE.

Came back in late January to find Fweddit had moved to lowsec, and didn't feel like going that route. Within two hours I had multiple invites into Bastion corps. I joined one, and was there until the demand was made to abandon sov. Sov is sov is sov, sure. But the way in which Mittani discussed the whole affair irked me to no end.

I'm not super familiarized with the whole cfc/bastion history or anything. It's been over a years since I even really had a conversation about it. So I'm not sure if Bastion owes cfc for space, and have never witnessed nor been told about any situation wherein cfc came to Bastions defense. I was operating from the 'this guy is an egomaniac and demanding my alliance (and lawn, who I like and respected) abandon our space to defend his turf'. From my perspective, we had never received help, and I was not going to lift a finger for this pompous personality.

So I left. Found the only neutral alliance I could find, and ran with it. Upon leaving, I started objectively understanding what people meant when they'd complained about or mentioned the 'blue-donut' dilemma. It has become clear to me that this war is actually a much needed injection of content, and appears to be for the best.

this is a dumb post

'i have no idea whats going on but this person didnt hold my hand enough so gently caress him'

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

OWLS! posted:

(God this game is still retarded after seven loving years, and I'm glad that I'm literally never paying for it ever again)

b-but youre avatar says youll be back :(

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Crimewave posted:

welcome to forums.somethingawful.com! please do yourself a favor and check out all the other forums. they are really good and this forum isnt. have a great day :buddy:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The war against SmashKill was a thing of beauty. It was our first major war with subsidized ships IIRC. (only like 15% of the isk value but if you had insurance you came out even) So we had ridiculously organized fleets with standardized doctrines facing off against fleets composed of a mishmash of random ships with retarded fittings like Gallente ships with missiles, shield extenders and warp core stabilizers.

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

Magres posted:

'i have no idea whats going on but this person didnt hold my hand enough so gently caress him'

That is definitely not what I said.

Blazing Zero posted:

welcome to forums.somethingawful.com! please do yourself a favor and check out all the other forums. they are really good and this forum isnt. have a great day :buddy:

Thank you. Yeah, I remember these forums from early and mid 00's.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not sure if you are joking but that is in no way feasible.

Or :thejoke: ?

that has actually happened before so

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

That Works posted:

drop a shitload of supers in a system/systems and hack nodes with triage archons

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Crimewave posted:

Shut up idiot

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Crimewave posted:

I've been playing for functionally 0 time here's my educated opinion on the state of Eve online

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

that has actually happened before so

Organizing 1000 suicide dreads sounds like a total logistical nightmare. And you'd have to kill like 20 Titans to break even wouldn't you?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I quit a bunch of times and someone was always here to lick my anus everything I came back so? :shrug:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

pugnax posted:

Crush enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their womenwaifu.

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

I've been playing for functionally 0 time here's my educated opinion on the state of Eve online

Did not ever claim to be 'educated'. Actually, by being honest about not understanding it is quite the opposite actually.

And other than my impression of Mittani, it's not even much of an opinion, just what my reaction was to the situation as I was experiencing it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crimewave posted:

Welcome to something awful

Posts this long are illegal

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Organizing 1000 suicide dreads sounds like a total logistical nightmare. And you'd have to kill like 20 Titans to break even wouldn't you?

You can insure dreads really well hence the entire suicide dread thing. In fact during the Halloween war the servers got nuked a few times by this tactic being employed.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Discrediting a new player's perspective with sarcasm about his lack of experience? Poor form.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

my enemy in this war continues to be anyone who unironically uses the word 'content' to describe their spaceship reasonings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

You can insure dreads really well hence the entire suicide dread thing. In fact during the Halloween war the servers got nuked a few times by this tactic being employed.

Yeah but how long does it take to get 1000 dreads into position in the first place?

• Locked thread