Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shindragon posted:

Only thing I could knock about Transformers is it doesn't use the old theme. It does have kick rear end music though.

Also Prime dishing out one liners was great.

I forgot how he said it but after beating the poo poo out of Starscream, he just goes yeah you are pretty much useless like Megatron said.

Prime's little monolog at the end is very heartwarming too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Golden Goat posted:

Never ever wait to play Revengence. It's the best metal gear game.

Word.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Golden Goat posted:

Never ever wait to play Revengence. It's the best metal gear game.

I like v better, bet revengence has the best music and the vocals kicking in during the final phase is the most badass thing ever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that old news?

You can play their Transformers game in the meantime once you exhaust revengeance. :c00l:

funny enough I have Devastation on steam too, have played a little of that a month back. I wish they would put Vanquish on Steam too, along with MadWorld remastered for PC and Anarchy Reigns. I only played MadWorld but the other two are the only ones I never got to play.

While everyone else is doing Dark Souls, I've been on the opposite side with high octane poo poo. Are there any other little known Platinumesque action games I should add to the queue? Is Ninja Gaiden 3 any good for WiiU?

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 10, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Paladinus posted:

SA's own Chip Cheezum is involved in those, I believe.

Just want to confirm that yes, Chip is in those. It's so weird sometimes actually putting a face to someone you normally hear. Then you have to erase what you thought the speaker looked like.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are they making a sequel to Transformers Devastation, cause Devastation looked cool but I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel with more character choices

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Wamdoodle posted:

Just want to confirm that yes, Chip is in those. It's so weird sometimes actually putting a face to someone you normally hear. Then you have to erase what you thought the speaker looked like.

Next you're gonna tell me Ironicus isn't actually a bishonen black guy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Next you're gonna tell me Ironicus isn't actually a bishonen black guy.

You joke but I was pretty surprised.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

funny enough I have Devastation on steam too, have played a little of that a month back. I wish they would put Vanquish on Steam too, along with MadWorld remastered for PC and Anarchy Reigns. I only played MadWorld but the other two are the only ones I never got to play.

Anarchy Reigns is kind of a letdown in a lot of ways but still fun. Vanquish is loving amazing though.

Wamdoodle posted:

Diabetus looks basically nothing like I imagined.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 10, 2016

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
We understand this is a sore subject for a lot of people. We understand that you may now be a gender that you don’t identify with in real-life. We understand this causes you distress and makes you not want to play the game anymore. Technically nothing has changed, since half the population was already living with those feelings. The only difference is that whether you feel like this is now decided by your SteamID instead of your real life gender.

So basically rust has a new update where your gender is steamid locked too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

anytime I see "Transformers" in the games forum I read it as Transformice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

anytime I see "Transformers" in the games forum I read it as Transformice

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
And my steamid is female

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Transformers WfC has the best theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-75bZVeGax4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

theultimo posted:

I like v better, bet revengence has the best music and the vocals kicking in during the final phase is the most badass thing ever

More games need music/game play coordination like this, yes

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The best Star Wars game is here

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I laugh at this Rust situation, I laugh heartily and true.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yo anyone here watching Let's Prepare to Try by IGN? A newbie plays Dark Souls with the goal to beat it before Dark Souls 3 launches. It's loving hilarious, the trio involved are incredibly charming and it's easily IGN's most entertaining product in ages.

"Are you mental, Rory?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEH5y67SEZg

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Facecam is unnecessary

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Look at me, I'm shitposting in a lovely thread.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I rolled a wizard in Dark Souls 2 since I've never played as a magic-oriented class in those games and once you get more than 30 magic arrows its very manageable. I also was summoned as a phantom by a rando who invited me to his PSN party and together we beat like six bosses by helping one another. I've never had that level of sustained co-operation in a Souls, much less with someone I met and grouped with completely by chance. He kept singing Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down so it wasn't perfect, but it was a definite highlight of my painfully sore throat-ed weekend.

JoJoJosephSmith
Apr 8, 2016

Robzilla posted:

if i quote this

does that mean i am too?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Robzilla posted:

just because dark souls was brought up doesnt make the thread automatically lovely!!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

LawfulWaffle posted:

I rolled a wizard in Dark Souls 2 since I've never played as a magic-oriented class in those games and once you get more than 30 magic arrows its very manageable. I also was summoned as a phantom by a rando who invited me to his PSN party and together we beat like six bosses by helping one another. I've never had that level of sustained co-operation in a Souls, much less with someone I met and grouped with completely by chance. He kept singing Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down so it wasn't perfect, but it was a definite highlight of my painfully sore throat-ed weekend.

That sound amazing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I do not feel sympathy for these people.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Those fuckers keep coming to Denver between my paychecks.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Nothing beats trolling like dev-level trolling :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god Dark Souls 3 is out on Tuesday :ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am prepared to die

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I don't remember much about Rust but I'm pretty sure everyone in it was already ugly as poo poo so I don't get the complaints

I mean I know the real reason (dumb kids are dumb) but what a weird place to have that battle

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

CrashCat posted:

I don't remember much about Rust but I'm pretty sure everyone in it was already ugly as poo poo so I don't get the complaints

I mean I know the real reason (dumb kids are dumb) but what a weird place to have that battle

:qq: my genatalia :qq:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CrashCat posted:

I don't remember much about Rust

Who knows really

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh god Dark Souls 3 is out on Tuesday :ohdear:

Wrong

Monday 6pm CST

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Every thread will be a Dark Souls thread this week so also prepare for that.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/717477148106166272

:stare:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I wonder what the overlap between this and people who complained the protagonists of the new Star Wars were a white woman and a black man is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the eyes are supposed to look away so the gorilla doesn't get angry. you're just thrillin' for a gorillin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I wonder what the overlap between this and people who complained the protagonists of the new Star Wars were a white woman and a black man is.
Surprisingly, zero.

• Locked thread