Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I was running some maps with my Ranger, and I run into Cadiro selling an Infractem. I figure, hey, it's better than my current bow, so I buy it.

10 minutes later, I'm killing some mobs, and one of them drops a Drillneck. :stare:

My Ranger is doing quite a bit better now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:n/m

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an earthquake build that doesn't use mahori whatever hammer? I wanna attack things really fast, not slowly

Any varunastra build.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an earthquake build that doesn't use mahori whatever hammer? I wanna attack things really fast, not slowly

It's fine but you want a quality less duration and the hat enchant. If your aps is really high you might need to mix in rapid decay and the warped timepiece. Or ignore the aftershock and run it like it was ice crash with actual attack speed. There are no rules here.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 10, 2016

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

This guy uses a Gladiator with a Bleed Axe and one of the skills he says you can use use is EQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAH-_u56iDI

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Significant progress has been made! I'm sitting around the middle of Act 4 Normal and feel pretty drat solid on the damage and build front. I do have a specific skill combo question though.

Am I on a good track with having a 4 Link setup as: Split Arrow > Improved Critical Chance > Cast on Critical Hit > Poacher's Mark? It seems to crit pretty often and being able to sap life/mana from all the mobs it procs on is pretty nifty.

Meanwhile I also have a setup for Lightning Arrow > Projectile Totem > Greater Multiple Projectiles and Puncture just kind of sitting by itself because I don't have good links to do things with it right now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Spend 1 chaos and get an appropriate 5 link body piece for your gem colors, they're really cheap at this point. You probably have enough alchs/scours or chaos to get reasonably good mods on it. Heck look in guild stash, I put like 4 or 5 5-linked body pieces in there a couple of days ago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

BTW, Curse on Hit exists. Makes much more sense to use instead of CoCS for that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well poo poo, the more you know~ I'll keep an eye out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can buy one from what's-their-names in A4 after you defeat Daresso and Kaom, if it's not given to you as a quest reward.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah gently caress those who don't want to get all the life nodes, and multiple forms of damage mitigation.

I have a 4k life 1800 es 78% block aegis reaver with 130k tool tip buffed that destroys beyond maps. :shrug: you don't need all the defenses. I could also drop the block and go dw Reave and wreck beyond even further. So again sorry your poo poo snow flake build crumbles under challenging content.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlsoD/characters

I've just started to run mid level maps for the first time (tier 6+) and am really starting to struggle with my defences. Could somebody give me an idea for which are my weakest pieces of gear? I have life + resistances on most things but half of this stuff has required level 30 and I'm wondering where I can get the best bang for my buck.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

gonadic io posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlsoD/characters

I've just started to run mid level maps for the first time (tier 6+) and am really starting to struggle with my defences. Could somebody give me an idea for which are my weakest pieces of gear? I have life + resistances on most things but half of this stuff has required level 30 and I'm wondering where I can get the best bang for my buck.

Honestly this gear should be alright for mid tier maps on an RF totem build. Your rings and amulet have mediocre life and your armor is pitiful, but unless your resistances are below cap you should be good. Do you know if it's ele or physical damage giving you trouble? You could switch out flame golem for chaos golem, and you should definitely switch out Determination for something else. I guess either discipline, or use purity of elements to fill out your resistances and put on some rings or amulets with more life.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
My resistances are capped, but only just. I have lots of resistances on my totem life jewels in the tree. I'll upgrade my chest, rings and amulets with more life certainly thanks. I recently got 1-shot by an exile's flame blast. Is that just a matter of life (and capped resists) or is it worth getting a saffell's frame? Because I don't really care about the spell damage I can get a cheapish one.

e: Is it better to buy a white 5 link and alt+regal it, or a good rare and 6S5L it myself?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Do de-buffs (cast by you) generally stack, e.g., Frost Bomb + Frost bite or elemental weakness?

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

gonadic io posted:

My resistances are capped, but only just. I have lots of resistances on my totem life jewels in the tree. I'll upgrade my chest, rings and amulets with more life certainly thanks. I recently got 1-shot by an exile's flame blast. Is that just a matter of life (and capped resists) or is it worth getting a saffell's frame? Because I don't really care about the spell damage I can get a cheapish one.

It's more a matter of that one specific Exile, because tanking a fully charged Flameblast is a sure fire way to get yourself killed.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Do de-buffs (cast by you) generally stack, e.g., Frost Bomb + Frost bite or elemental weakness?

Yes, they do.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

JTDistortion posted:

Yes, they do.

To clarify: debuffs of the same name won't stack with a few exceptions (Wither, poison, ignite with Emberwake or from different sources like Righteous Fire + Searing Bond). Debuffs that are similar but not exactly the same will stack (i.e. Elemental Weakness + one of the elemental-specific curses will double-dip on the reduced elemental resistance).

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

whypick1 posted:

To clarify: debuffs of the same name won't stack with a few exceptions (Wither, poison, ignite with Emberwake or from different sources like Righteous Fire + Searing Bond). Debuffs that are similar but not exactly the same will stack (i.e. Elemental Weakness + one of the elemental-specific curses will double-dip on the reduced elemental resistance).

So when one spell says "-xx% to cold resistance" and the other says "cursed enemies lose xx% cold resist" which seems to be the same effect but just different tool-tips, will it stack? :psyduck:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
If they're from different spells (i.e. different names) then yes they stack. You're talking about Frost Bomb vs Frostbite/Elemental Weakness (all three different) I think, and yes all three of those would stack.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Is the currency exchanges in Perandus league screwy compared to say standard due to coins or anything? I dont ever remember an exalt being worth about 68 chaos. Also 100ish coins for 10 chaos seems neat as well since its pretty easy to get that many coins. (as an aside I guess this makes Shavs etc really cheap here since its worth about an exalt in coins - I know this because I saw, and sold, one I could afford to buy out myself).

Im just asking because I have been making trades etc but since Ive been away for so long the economy has probably just changed loads since Beyond/Torment times etc.

Also currency is dropping like hotcakes for me, is that also just the norm now (or am I extra lucky)?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It was 70c for 1 ex at one point last season.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Leveled a witch to 56 on the last 2 days to try that Chaos Kinetic Blast build that's on the forums but a bit disappointed with the damage (at 56 when we can use the wand!). Maybe it will pick up later.

However, i did enjoy leveling cause i used the EssenceDrain->Contagion(->Wither) combo.

Seems Mathil has been playing something like that so watched his stream yesterday and he went with a Scion Ascendant for Occultist + Deadeye. He goes low life though and i don't have gear for that so i'm looking to make a life based build.

This is what i've been thinking of making

(No jewel points but option for 4-5)

Anyone care to comment?

(edit: I play on softcore!)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It was 70c for 1 ex at one point last season.

Actually it's topped out around 80c the past few leagues (one months included). Ever since the master Crafting secret got out exalts have been worth more. Add in master Crafting making rerolling rares with chaos less needed. And a lot more builds able to do most map mods.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I bought 3 ex last night for 65 chaos each, just listing on Poe.trade and letting people come to me. Also 650 chromatics for an ex.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Generally the number of chaos to buy an exalt increases over the course of the league as the bulk of the playerbase reaches level 60+ and starts doing the chaos vendor recipe to inject more chaos into the economy. This usually peaks around 75-80c per exalt ever since the various master crafting tricks went public a few leagues ago, which increased the value of exalts in general. Then once the league has been out for a while and people burn out the exalt price starts going down and eventually becomes very close to the exchange rate in standard league.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
That makes a lot of sense I suppose.

I'm pretty salty about Cruel Izaro at the moment, cant seem to kill him cos that loving ground slam lags me out too much and he basically always catches me with it. No idea if its my connection or just a thing that happens. Would having lockstep off make any difference?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
So having gone through the whole game through like, a reasonable ability to clear most t11 maps provided the affixes aren't a perfect mix of gently caress You bullshit, I picked up two sacrifice at midnight fragments in vaults of atziri for the first time. Everyone seems to say there's no real profit in running it, but I figure I should, just to do it. What's there to know?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Bushiz posted:

So having gone through the whole game through like, a reasonable ability to clear most t11 maps provided the affixes aren't a perfect mix of gently caress You bullshit, I picked up two sacrifice at midnight fragments in vaults of atziri for the first time. Everyone seems to say there's no real profit in running it, but I figure I should, just to do it. What's there to know?

As someone in a similar boat who recently attempted it for the first time, two bits of advice.

A) Watch a guide just to know what to expect

B) If you are further than 40% or so towards your next level, put it off until you level up :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bushiz posted:

If your first attempt seems absolutely impossible, dont give up. That fight is all about practice.

E: Once you get good at it, and good enough to do uber, thats a fantastic way of sustaining a red map pool.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just hit 60 on my eq guy last night, got my marohi and lightning coil on and resists sorted out. feels pretty godlike. i rushed through cruel and up to a3 merc basically without touching my gear at all so my resists were like 0-30% and i was wearing a tshirt. the difference between getting instantly destroyed by perandus packs and being able to leap right in is hilarious. damage is already higher than my flame totem guy and i still have some big damage nodes left and zero jewel slots. totem guy getting relegated to running annoying reflect maps i guess. he served me well though, getting through mid tier maps easily as my first character with basically zero invested in gear

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can you post your tree or guide please. I'm doing an eq marauder and want to see if I'm missing anything brilliant.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm doing EQ, I just followed this liftingnerdbro guide with a couple of changes; I left off herald of fire and went with blasphemy+warlords mark and fortify+leapslam until I got the always on fortify from champion, then switched the fortify gem out for endurance charge on melee stun, turned off warlords and switched on herald of fire.

Fakeedit: just saw you said Marauder, n/m.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

If your first attempt seems absolutely impossible, dont give up. That fight is all about practice.

E: Once you get good at it, and good enough to do uber, thats a fantastic way of sustaining a red map pool.

When is a good time to try uber? I can run normal Atziri with no problems, and I've been grinding on Vinktar Square repeatedly (just selling the vessel and maps easily lets you do it forever with a profit each time). I can do vinktar pretty easily, though I sometimes die if I get caught with a lightning strike at the wrong time.
I'd just try uber, but it's a pretty big investment.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
how would a spectral throw COC build with 2x consuming darks, using cold snap arctic breath and ??? with pyre work? not worth the effort vs. some kind of voltaxic COC thing?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Cold snap's cooldown isn't bypassed by CoC and doesn't benefit from the LMP or GMP you'll have slotted. Fireball + arctic breath might be alright, but spark CoC will probably be the reigning champ by a fair margin for the next league or two.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Count Uvula posted:

Cold snap's cooldown isn't bypassed by CoC and doesn't benefit from the LMP or GMP you'll have slotted. Fireball + arctic breath might be alright, but spark CoC will probably be the reigning champ by a fair margin for the next league or two.

ah, yeah. fireball makes more sense then.

but yeah, voltaxic spark/ball lightning coc just seems better :(

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Wearing a Voll's Protector will, on the othe hand, get you power charges that let your skip the Cold Snap cooldown. So it's a totally viable idea spam-wise. You're going to need a high budget, though. Consuming Dark is a bad CoC weapon what with being slow, relatively low base crit and being able to miss. So you're going to need accuracy rolls on gear and that will make covering your resistances that much harder.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ornedan posted:

Wearing a Voll's Protector will, on the othe hand, get you power charges that let your skip the Cold Snap cooldown. So it's a totally viable idea spam-wise. You're going to need a high budget, though. Consuming Dark is a bad CoC weapon what with being slow, relatively low base crit and being able to miss. So you're going to need accuracy rolls on gear and that will make covering your resistances that much harder.

considering COC doesn't really need damage nodes, I don't think picking up some res nodes/res on jewels is a terrible idea. If you need it, atleast and can't afford better rares.

I've been toying around with doing that myself more often, I tend to follow builds to the letter and don't deviate much but I started on my last character taking res nodes when needed and it's really improved my QOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

When is a good time to try uber? I can run normal Atziri with no problems, and I've been grinding on Vinktar Square repeatedly (just selling the vessel and maps easily lets you do it forever with a profit each time). I can do vinktar pretty easily, though I sometimes die if I get caught with a lightning strike at the wrong time.
I'd just try uber, but it's a pretty big investment.

If you're good at normal atziri and run vinktars just fine, you can probably give uber a go. I cant say for sure though, I play hc only so Ive never attempted uber myself.

• Locked thread