Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rhyno posted:

They had 3 different women's styles so you are probably correct.

I think I mentioned this somewhere but they have t shirts and boxers in the grocery story here. Also giant batman and superman balloons. A package of underwear costs more than a movie ticket ($12 for 3 pairs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

And that's just toys. There's millions of dollars worth of t-shirts, hats and cereal unaccounted for.

According to this review, Batman's chocolate strawberry is bad while Superman's caramel is good. Mixing them produce an epic clash of taste that destroys tastebuds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtVio9TaFg
Why strawberry? Is it supposed to represent the blood of his parents and also the criminals he grievously injure?

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, the weirdest TMNT toys were the ones that were transformers knock-offs. Like, you'd have Raphael and he'd turn into a jet or some poo poo. I don't think I'm making this up.

Recently they transform into their own weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSxXlV00tvc

Rhyno posted:

There was a fairly long stretch where the TMNT toy line was dormant though. Transformers have had near constant shelf presence since the line debuted.

I bet Combiner Wars must really be good for them. Not only must you buy at least 5 toys (4 if you don't mind having a one-armed robot), they had a price increase in a number of markets.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 11, 2016

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Frankly, the reception of Batman vs Superman reflects more poorly on the tastes of people who care about comic book movies than it does on the film itself. Aside from the obvious editing butchery it was a good movie, and I expect the proper R-rated cut to be an excellent movie.

That people will complain about Man of Steel, the best non-satirical superhero movie in a generation, then in the same breath profess their love for the hack job Avengers films, is absurd.

I hope that WB doesn't gently caress heavily with the coming Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Justice League movies in an attempt to chase the money made by Marvel's lowest common denominator approach to their major IP films. Not every television comedy has to be Big Bang Theory, and not every big action movie has to be Avengers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So smug bout comic book movies.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, the weirdest TMNT toys were the ones that were transformers knock-offs. Like, you'd have Raphael and he'd turn into a jet or some poo poo. I don't think I'm making this up.

This is correct, I had a Don that turned into a race car for some loving reason. Splinter turned into the Party Wagon, which was way better.

Also, I have a Bonafrog that looks over my desk with classic Don. [/manchild]

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

So smug bout comic book movies.

Almost impressively so.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

SaviourX posted:

This is correct, I had a Don that turned into a race car for some loving reason. Splinter turned into the Party Wagon, which was way better.

Also, I have a Bonafrog that looks over my desk with classic Don. [/manchild]

I still have the Splinter Party Wagon thing. Or rather my son does. It's pretty rad, but the Splinter version is fat and can barely do anything.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
It's a good thing no one else is smug about comic book movies in CineD or else I don't know where this forum would end up

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Going full on with the GOTG vibe in Suicide Squad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Death By The Blues posted:

Here's a longer one
http://www.mtv.com/news/2865158/suicide-squad-trailer-2016-mtv-movie-awards/?xrs=_s.tw_main

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Is it just me or does the Batsuit look different from the one in BvS?

Also, weirdly, I'm kind of meh on that trailer despite really liking the last one.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It looks much smaller from that one shot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That trailer was pretty great.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like that they're playing up the Diablo character a bit, making me give a little bit of a poo poo about him. Makes me think he's something more than just a useless background character that dies early on. Which is what Slipknot is looking to be.

I liked this trailer. It got my attention in a good way. If the reviews are decent, I think I might check it out in theatres.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe Affleck is just smaller between movies where he's starring.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Bigger Batman Theory

I thought this trailer was really bad? I don't think it makes the movie look bad, but I really dislike the editing & poo poo of this trailer, compared with the last one where the editing and music really came together. It was cool to get more scenes of the movie, but this didn't really build up any hype for me like a better produced trailer would have.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe Affleck is really Clayface.

Fans got so excited about that trailer at MTV Movie Awards, they almost broke through the barricades.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-mn-2016-mtv-movie-a-1460258834-htmlstory.html

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 11, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
After all this tmnt talk, I wonder...

Where's the Bucky O'Hare reboot?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is it just me or does the Batsuit look different from the one in BvS?

Also, weirdly, I'm kind of meh on that trailer despite really liking the last one.

There's two different batsuits in the trailer. One, hulking Batfleck, when he's on top of Joker's pink lambo and the other, sleek robin/batgirl maybe, apparently diving after Harley.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Something looked odd about Batman's face when it was visible, maybe the Joker wearing it?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Death By The Blues posted:

Wow I guess those reshoots to add more jokes went pretty quickly!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhyno posted:

Something looked odd about Batman's face when it was visible, maybe the Joker wearing it?

He appears to have something in his mouth:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvzhfI4SuM

Owns.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Croc looks really great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

From the brief bits we have, I'm digging the poo poo out of Margot Robbie and Will Smith. Everything else looks great, but they both stand out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rhyno posted:

If you're talking about diving Bat, not only is the outfit and cowl shiny and more plasticlike than the other batsuit, they also have a scuba/rebreather looking device in their mouth.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
That's a very good trailer.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Interesting how the guy at the beginning is complaining about what if Superman wanted to kidnap the president, then later Enchantress is shown appearing to be phasing through a wall with what looks like the presidential seal on it.

computer parts posted:

Apparently Batman is using branded gear again in Suicide Squad. Gotta get that trademarked symbol on that underwater breathing apparatus.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

From the brief bits we have, I'm digging the poo poo out of Margot Robbie and Will Smith. Everything else looks great, but they both stand out.

It's funny how the things that people often start off the most skeptical about end up being the raddest. RDJ, Ledger, Batfleck and now those two.

I'd be surprised if Leto doesn't knock it out of the park too.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrVenkman posted:

One of them also made IRON MAN 2, which is one of the more unpleasant movies I've seen so I'm still going to give it to Whedon on that front.

Favreau hated working on Iron Man 2 as much as you and I hate watching it. There's a reason he didn't come back for IM3 or direct Avengers like he was supposed to, and I'm fairly certain his experience directing Iron Man 2 is the reason. For evidence, please watch the movie Chef (2014) (dir: Jon Favreau). I don't hold Iron Man 2 against him.

ooooooooooowns. I want to see this on a big screen real bad.

computer parts posted:

I think it's a breathing thing, because I think that's a clip of him diving into water.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Maybe Batman's smaller because it's a flashback to earlier in his career.

Pictured, Bruce Wayne in the nineties:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Snowman_McK posted:

It's funny how the things that people often start off the most skeptical about end up being the raddest. RDJ, Ledger, Batfleck and now those two.

I'd be surprised if Leto doesn't knock it out of the park too.

Who the gently caress was reticent about RDJ, everyone agreed that was slam dunk casting since it was announced.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Favreau hated working on Iron Man 2 as much as you and I hate watching it. There's a reason he didn't come back for IM3 or direct Avengers like he was supposed to, and I'm fairly certain his experience directing Iron Man 2 is the reason. For evidence, please watch the movie Chef (2014) (dir: Jon Favreau). I don't hold Iron Man 2 against him.

And for the love of God, don't watch Chef while hungry.

Gyges posted:

Apparently Batman is using branded gear again in Suicide Squad. Gotta get that trademarked symbol on that underwater breathing apparatus.

Batman loves his gear. Look at how he sulks when he cannot bring his suit to Lex's party in BvS.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hi liter posted:

Because Superman is a long running American icon with a history of financial success and significant cultural cache.

By this logic every Jesus movie should make a billion dollars a day for months on end.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Kodiak posted:

Maybe Batman's smaller because it's a flashback to earlier in his career.

Pictured, Bruce Wayne in the nineties:

Batfleck was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

The MSJ posted:

And for the love of God, don't watch Chef while hungry.

True Story: My roommate turned the movie on one night, and by the time the halfway mark passed, we had ordered ourselves delivery Cuban sandwiches. That, Jiro Dreams of Sushi and Hannibal have some of the best food cinematography ever.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Batman is smaller because he's still kind of hosed up over Superman dying. It's put him off his protein shakes and everything.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Who the gently caress was reticent about RDJ, everyone agreed that was slam dunk casting since it was announced.

As someone who was alive in 2007 and on the internet, you are wrong. It was a mixture of him not looking like a comic book character, being a comic actor rather than a serious one, having a history of alcoholism and not knowing who he was (remember that this was his first high profile gig in years)

Then the trailer hit, we realised the direction they were going in and that RDJ was perfect for it. Now, of course, it's difficult to imagine anyone else in the role without them doing something completely different with it.

For whatever reason, there was a contingent who were super keen for Jim Cavaziel to get the role.

Actually, I remember the reason. There was a red carpet photo of Cavaziel where he bore a striking resemblance to a particular cover of Iron Man, but I cant find either picture now.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Is it confirmed yet when Suicide Squad takes place? I cant tell if its immediately after BvS or between MoS and BvS. Id assume its after unless they went with a non sequential release timeline.

Edit: actually given Wonder Woman and a few others like Aquaman will at least be partially a prequel Im assuming DC isnt necessarily doing their timeline based on when each movie is released.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 11, 2016

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

As someone who was alive in 2007 and on the internet, you are wrong. It was a mixture of him not looking like a comic book character, being a comic actor rather than a serious one, having a history of alcoholism and not knowing who he was (remember that this was his first high profile gig in years)

Then the trailer hit, we realised the direction they were going in and that RDJ was perfect for it. Now, of course, it's difficult to imagine anyone else in the role without them doing something completely different with it.

For whatever reason, there was a contingent who were super keen for Jim Cavaziel to get the role.

Actually, I remember the reason. There was a red carpet photo of Cavaziel where he bore a striking resemblance to a particular cover of Iron Man, but I cant find either picture now.

There was a period where people wanted Cavaziel cast in every superhero movie. And then Person of Interest happened and people realized that he's not a good actor, he just has a real good agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AccountSupervisor posted:

Is it confirmed yet when Suicide Squad takes place? I cant tell if its immediately after BvS or between MoS and BvS. Id assume its after unless they went with a non sequential release timeline.

My wife pointed out that Superman is referred to in the past tense in the trailer. I think it spoiled the fact that Superman dies for her.

• Locked thread