Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Xenothral posted:

I still really like the Rifter even though everyone tells me it's bad. The Breacher is pretty good though.

it makes me really sad that rifters are considered bad now

they were the god of t1 frigates when i played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Khablam posted:

Like who cares about war in a videogame more than making GBS threads on a MRA jeez.

If I want to poo poo on MRAs I can do that without playing EVE.

You'd think banning one shitlord making some terrible memes and posting them was some sort of blow for justice or something.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Steak time

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

dragonstalking posted:

Dramiel or Comet.

i just tried out a worm and a killed a coercer and tristan (at the same time!) but then i died to a hookbill

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kiryen posted:

You'd think banning one shitlord making some terrible memes and posting them was some sort of blow for justice or something.

No one said that. It was literally just fun posting.

Not sure you understand posting, friend.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh right.

Other than posting about eve you post about ~social justice warriors~ so lawl ok

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Dek burning has really put a clamp down on my selling Ishtars.

Need to find another way to make money. I tried my first scam last night, I managed to speak to a newbie. So that's me passed the first hurdle, I felt guilty but if I try again tonight maybe the guilt won't happen until further into the scam.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please don't poo poo up this thread with your unchill posts guys.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please don't poo poo up this thread with your unchill posts guys.

So this is the off topic Eve thread?

Understood.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

So this is the off topic Eve thread?

Understood.

You can chat about Dek/war stuff here, nobody cares. It's the slapfighting like the stuff above your post that is dumb and should stay in the bad thread.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

It seems the other thread has descended into the slap fight, and I might get a reasonable discussion here.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oodles posted:

It seems the other thread has descended into the slap fight, and I might get a reasonable discussion here.

ill always slap fight the other thread idgaf

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ill always slap fight the other thread idgaf

I'm ok with the unresolved sexual tension between you and vyst. It's reddit boiling over here which is harshing my buzz.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

i just tried out a worm and a killed a coercer and tristan (at the same time!) but then i died to a hookbill

The worm active tanks really well with drugs, boosts, and crystals. I think it maxes out at 750 ehp/s but that's with HG crystals and atype invuln and shield booster.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

what up workcrew

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i just woke up, noon shift supremacy

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
also DaS 3 will be out around the same time i get home gently caress yeah

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

ChickenWing posted:

what up workcrew

Did holesquad really leave, or did I get trolled?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

what up workcrew

Not much, tried to snag a few of your dudes this morning after downtime but we failed :smith:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

My 10 days expires tomorrow morning, not continuing my sub, game still bad.

What should I buy as a long term investment?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Helicon One posted:

Would you like to invest in my reaction farm? It's currently in Dek, but that might not last long.

Serious post, how much you got to invest?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helicon One posted:

I hear Enter the Gungeon is a really cool game that just came out.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hear Enter the Gungeon is a really cool game that just came out.

did they patch the rng down to reasonable levels cause man day 1 felt like "ok well you might have a chance to win once every 20 runs"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Helicon One posted:

You can ask this in gs_ISK. Probably PLEX though if you have no idea if you ever want to return, anything else could swing wildly in unforeseen patches.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Not much, tried to snag a few of your dudes this morning after downtime but we failed :smith:

I can live with that :sun:

Please don't camp for the next couple days I have to get my stuff out of YA0 and I don't want it to blow up tia

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Oodles posted:

Need to find another way to make money.

Caracals? Id say swordfleet as well but I like the idea of imp using caracals more (caracal fleet can be ridiculous fun and who cares if you die)

Idk how much grinder will be used

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Foehammer007 posted:

Caracals? Id say swordfleet as well but I like the idea of imp using caracals more (caracal fleet can be ridiculous fun and who cares if you die)

Idk how much grinder will be used

Wait, I can't remember if you're a bad guy or not from the other thread.

The problem with doctrine ships is I'm fighting against other importers who've managed buy the ships at buy price. So the margin is squeezed. Ishtars were great as you could tack on a 15-20% markup.

I looked at arbitrage, but I need to spend more time looking at items.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Oodles posted:

Wait, I can't remember if you're a bad guy or not from the other thread.

The problem with doctrine ships is I'm fighting against other importers who've managed buy the ships at buy price. So the margin is squeezed. Ishtars were great as you could tack on a 15-20% markup.

I looked at arbitrage, but I need to spend more time looking at items.

That's true and I don't know how well the market is for doctrine ships in saran.

There are no bad guys itt, only chill. Namaste

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Judging from ~kbstats~ imperium looks to be running mostly skirmishy rlml mwd caracals - have you guys tried treblecat (hml ab) style fleets at all? Or is that concept dead because of some change to missile mechanics that I missed while inactive.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Foehammer007 posted:

There are no bad guys itt, only chill. Namaste

Truth.

I spoke to SA Mantra and on another occasion a MOA that killed me. They were both normal people, and gave me recommendations how now not to die.

Funny that.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

did they patch the rng down to reasonable levels cause man day 1 felt like "ok well you might have a chance to win once every 20 runs"

roguelike games are always like that

you start off needing the perfect run to win, then you start being able to win 10%, 30%, 50% of the time, then suddenly you're winning most games and self-imposed restrictions start sounding fun

also my class is boring af

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Magres posted:

Also my class is boring af

An insight from an older goon: work is boring af

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

The worm active tanks really well with drugs, boosts, and crystals. I think it maxes out at 750 ehp/s but that's with HG crystals and atype invuln and shield booster.

yeah, but it still kinda sucks when you're up against a dude who has an offgrid tengu booster and you don't

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Oodles posted:

Truth.

I spoke to SA Mantra and on another occasion a MOA that killed me. They were both normal people, and gave me recommendations how now not to die.

Funny that.

Goons saying nice things about Sa Matra, this truly is the chill thread.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Oodles posted:

Need to find another way to make money. I tried my first scam last night, I managed to speak to a newbie. So that's me passed the first hurdle, I felt guilty but if I try again tonight maybe the guilt won't happen until further into the scam.

After your wallet blinks for the first time from a scam your thirst will be insatiable.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

somnolence posted:

After your wallet blinks for the first time from a scam your thirst will be insatiable.

it's an amazingly fun thing to do; when I first started doing it I remember just taking money, but after a while it was fun to figure out creative ways to fleece someone out of everything they own

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As your newly chosen moderator for the SA Game Discord, I would like to welcome you chill bros and brahs to come chat there if you wish to and bask in the glory that is our lord and savior "!airhorn" :sun:

I don't know. I haven't gotten the game yet.

ChickenWing posted:

I can live with that :sun:

Please don't camp for the next couple days I have to get my stuff out of YA0 and I don't want it to blow up tia

Rude.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oops not the right thread

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 11, 2016

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Gave one of the employees the day off so of course it's unusually busy. Also I need to go buy food, but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a kitten stream on Twitch right now :3:

https://www.twitch.tv/truth

• Locked thread