Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

So...what's stopping Bruce from disabling all the roadside bombs and the Justice League dropping in like the wrath of god to clean up? I mean 'Scarecrow is going to gas the entire East Coast' seems like the sort of thing that you call in an assist for. I mean I realise there'd be no game otherwise, but dang.

He actually had some massively elaborate plan to take over all organised crime in Gotham in the comics, but he ultimately decided against using it. Unfortunately, due to bad writing, Spoiler (who Bruce had just fired from being Robin for finely-veiled reasons that ultimately were trying to get Tim back as Robin) decided to try and implement the plan. Unfortunately, Step #1 involved Matches Malone being in the right place at the right time. Matches Malone, who is Batman's cover identity for infiltrating the Gotham underworld - who he hadn't actually told Spoiler was his cover identity. Needless to say, things went...poorly.

On a similar note, there's a episode of The Brave and The Bold where Bats loses his memory and becomes The Best Crimelord.

It has a nice musical number.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

Also reminder, TBaTB is great. and the Music Meister alone justifies its existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I'm pretty much stopped caring who the Arkham Knight is. He's irritating me, not in a "I can't wait to see Batman give this guy what he deserves" way but in a "please get out of the game and let someone better take over" way.

(Also the VA sounds like a whiny teen with a pitch shifter.)

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Lookit this guy trying to stop goons from spoiling things in an LP thread. You need to at least purchase the Freeflow Mod Takedown upgrade before trying that.

I know you're joking but I have not heard a single spoiler-y thing about this game--or even the last one for that matter--so I wouldn't mind spoiler chat going elsewhere :shobon: I like reading about neat things and references pointed out in the thread, and I'd hate to have to stick with checking for youtube notification emails when new videos come out.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm going to be perfectly honest and say I have no idea who the main villain is for this game; I think with the Joker dead it really threw the writers into a loop and so now the game is about Batman hallucinating about the Joker while he stumbles around finding people to beat to death. The Arkham Knight sounds like a whiny bitch and I really don't care who he is (my bet is spurned admirer or something equally lame) and the Scarecrow is such a B-list, bordering on C-list, villain I can't really bring myself to care about him either. With almost a century of comics you'd think the devs could've found someone more interesting to dredge up.

I'm sure the game ends with both of them being savagely beaten before being arrested for the umpteenth time anyway so who gives a poo poo. Really the only reason I keep watching is because Gotham itself looks nice and dscruffy manages to keep up with an interesting narration.

Glad to see shoulder pads making a come back.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

dscruffy1 posted:

The usual policies apply. I'll be doing 100%, I'll go through the DLCs, and :siren:NO SPOILERS:siren:. I'd prefer not to even have those winks and nods and "oh man just wait until". I assume some people are either coming into this without having played it or as Bat-virgins. Let's keep the dream alive, huh? Feel free to talk about earlier games though, they're done with.

seriously, i was hoping people would actually respect Scruffy on this but that went out the window the second Joker showed up :(

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I like the design of the Arkham Knight's suit :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Also reminder, TBaTB is great. and the Music Meister alone justifies its existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUjG1HSSaGI

I really dig TBaTB Batman. He's so happy to be doing his vigilante thing. Plus it's so colorful all the time.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I like the design of the Arkham Knight's suit :shrug:

His helmet's my favorite TF2 headwear.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FoolyCharged posted:

Think about how many times scruffy has seen the knight. Now think about how many times the knight has delivered a villain monologue straight out of a teenager's idea of deep. Now think about how many times the knight flees once batman turns things into a combat encounter. He has done all of these things for the vast majority of his appearances and given that the map is fully open at this point, that would seem to be most of his appearances in game. And all the while the game is telling us that he is a super mean dude and only he was able to capture oracle and...

Yeah, I didn't want to say this to have it sound like I'm being dismissive towards Oracle's combat ability, but when a villain's only real accomplishment is kidnapping a handicapped girl while flanked by a bunch of military men and wearing body armor, I'm not really impressed.

I was not prepared for cyborg John Wilkes Booth. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 12, 2016

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jesus Christ, rocksteady needs to drop all this grimdark bullshit and do a Batman TBATB game STAT.

That fight, with the current fighting system, with dual-takedown moves with President loving Lincoln would be the only trailer they'd ever have to show at any gaming expo for the next decade to advertise any future Batman games.

"Yeah, this next game? Don't worry about it. Just play this section again. We've got this."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

death .cab for qt posted:

Jesus Christ, rocksteady needs to drop all this grimdark bullshit and do a Batman TBATB game STAT.

That fight, with the current fighting system, with dual-takedown moves with President loving Lincoln would be the only trailer they'd ever have to show at any gaming expo for the next decade to advertise any future Batman games.

"Yeah, this next game? Don't worry about it. Just play this section again. We've got this."

I would be 600% down for this.

I haven't actually bought/played an Arkham game since City kinda turned me off them with the grimdark. I'd love a brighter, more fun Batman.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even Aquaman is a happy character on the show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixXnzefsBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ENf36bpco

Man...Batman TBATB...*clenches fist* that's some good poo poo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

Even Aquaman is a happy character on the show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MixXnzefsBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ENf36bpco

Man...Batman TBATB...*clenches fist* that's some good poo poo.

You mention BatB Aquaman and don't link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc ? You monster.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You are awful at spoiler context and should just wipe that post clean and instead talk about the minutae of that plot arc in the Arkham Knight Games thread

Wait, is this a joke based on Stephanie Brown being Spoiler? Because it was established back in Ace Chemicals that gassing the East Coast was Scarecrow's plan. Also I don't see how discussing War Games would spoil the plot - unless it turns out Stephanie Brown is the Arkham Knight. Sorry for accidentally spoiling it, everyone! Although props to Rocksteady, I did not see that one coming.

I'm coming in blind and speculating wildly, jeez.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

God, I love that show.
The bat and the cat
Ditto

And above all: Batmite's take on the show

E: Harley: Aren't you gonna take his mask off and find out who he is?
Joker: And reduce my primal enemy to a mere man? Harley, my dear, I'm so disappointed in you. Where's the fun in that?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 12, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Did somebody say Batman TBATB? Because that show made me realize that I want a Batman western real bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-twcbAEYxE

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, is this a joke based on Stephanie Brown being Spoiler?

Yes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I am a dumb. :saddowns: In my defense I was still half-asleep when I made that post.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'm glad the Bat chat eventually reached talk about how Brave and the bold is, because it's really great :allears:

It was something thats been really missing after all the more darker action drama that has been around with the Batman begins movies.

If you haven't seen it already, you should! It's a great show that puts the spotlight on lesser known heroes like Plastic man, The metal men and Ambush bug, and includes great moments like the scooby doo crossover, and batman fighting superman in a shot to shot remake of the final battle in the justice league show.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
If they wanted the situation to come of as threatening, they can't just have Batman succeed at one thing after another and then have Scarecrow promise he will fail. He needs to fail at things (saving Oracle doesn't count for various reasons) and the Arkham Knight has to be someone who can take on Batman in a one on one. It's not rocket science, if you want a situation to be threatening, then it has to be threatening.

Anyway, since people have been talking about brighter Batmen, maybe a new Batman series with this combat system, but a much less dark story would work? I think the Arkham series are over, but the combat system should still have some life in it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This is a beautiful thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiFuH0FKMEI

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Crystalgate posted:

If they wanted the situation to come of as threatening, they can't just have Batman succeed at one thing after another and then have Scarecrow promise he will fail. He needs to fail at things (saving Oracle doesn't count for various reasons) and the Arkham Knight has to be someone who can take on Batman in a one on one. It's not rocket science, if you want a situation to be threatening, then it has to be threatening.

It was mentioned for his powerset, but a reverse open-world game would be interesting too. Instead of fighting to reclaim the city piece by piece, he loses it in a series of phyrric victories. Stops the mass toxin dispersal at Ace Chamicals, but the plant still blows up covering half that island in fear gas. Take out the Knight's missile turret, but while fighting that his mercs had time to mine the bridges. Have story progression make world-traversal more difficult rather than easier.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It was mentioned for his powerset, but a reverse open-world game would be interesting too. Instead of fighting to reclaim the city piece by piece, he loses it in a series of phyrric victories. Stops the mass toxin dispersal at Ace Chamicals, but the plant still blows up covering half that island in fear gas. Take out the Knight's missile turret, but while fighting that his mercs had time to mine the bridges. Have story progression make world-traversal more difficult rather than easier.
I don't think having Batman powering down would be a good idea in terms of mass appeal gameplay, but making Gotham get more and more dangerous due to Pyrrhic victories (and maybe half defeats as well) should work. The game is expected to get harder with progression after all.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Yeah, it would make sense for Batman to get back to his roots as a peerless man rather than a guy with enough gadgets to make poo poo happen. I'd like to see a simple predator section where you have to take down 20 guys with nothing except a limited number of batarangs and the batclaw (if that).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Brave and the Bold Wonder Woman is pretty awesome too. They even brought back her old theme song, and she fights a Nazi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKXBxK82LE

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Bruceski posted:

You could even tie this into reintroducing mechanics gradually.

Have the first thing you have, and the first thing you lose, "Firearm Counter"-you have this spiffy awesome high-tech power armor batsuit which lets you counter guys with guns the way you counter guys with fists-and then you lose it in the first fight with the Arkham Knight or something and now you suddenly get the predator sections. It'd make the Militia more imposing-their shtick would be 'everyone has guns and training' versus regular thugs, so you break their strength in the first third of the game or whatever (the Arkham Knight obv. survives this defeat) but suddenly the world feels a lot more dangerous.

When I was seeing the gameplay trailers of Knight I was assuming that the predator sections were going to be hostage situations or the like, because the way they cut some of the trailers made it look like the Fear Takedown was actually Batman having a way to counter/evade firearms attacks, so the militia might not play any harder than the regular thugs but they'd at least seem a lot more impressive-these guys hanging away from Batman trying to riddle him with bullets because they're ex-military shitkickers rather than a bunch of dumb criminals.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Or, rather than formally take things away from the player permanently, have the Arkham Knight actually Do A Thing, come out of nowhere and headbutt the world's largest bat and steal his utility belt and gunk up his suit with something fancy and then leave while saying something on lines of "Not like I can't get you like that again later, have fun!" and leave him in a warehouse full of men with guns. Actual threat and a change of pace. The Dork Knight then gets to have to get his stuff fixed and replaced. Also a possible quasi-mirror fight as a boss which works when Platinum does it. And the Knight might actually look like he's having fun or something. So he can be friends with Nightwing.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Or even have the enemies be more proactive in dealing with the Gadgets and certain takedowns. The "I sense Detective Vision" goons are a joke as they take so long to get a bead on Batman, and can get Disruptored. Tossing Grenades into vents is so long to set up, Batman is long gone by then.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Speedball posted:

Brave and the Bold Wonder Woman is pretty awesome too. They even brought back her old theme song, and she fights a Nazi!

Deathshead wants his designs back.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

berryjon posted:

Or even have the enemies be more proactive in dealing with the Gadgets and certain takedowns. The "I sense Detective Vision" goons are a joke as they take so long to get a bead on Batman, and can get Disruptored. Tossing Grenades into vents is so long to set up, Batman is long gone by then.

"Secure this location this, secure this location that. Fine. Benny, weld the drat grates, Pat, let's go shoot some gargoyles. Wait, everyone's got their bells on? Get your drat bells on!"

It could work.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I actually think the Arkham Knight fleeing the second things go wrong is pretty clever bit of personality showing. He's mostly bluster, much like Scarecrow Arkham Knight's greatest weapon is his voice. Scarecrow when he actually tries can drive people into cowering wrecks by talking, the toxin just means he can do it en masse. Meanwhile the Knight is mostly talking big to get his men to stick around, after all if he actually knew all of Batman's tricks and how to kill him why would he have an entire army and endless series of drones or take orders from Scarecrow. Similarly both are driven by fear in some way, what the Knight fears we don't know yet but it seems as if he's actively avoiding confrontations with Batman where he isn't in control. Meanwhile Scarecrow makes it so he's always in control by literally never being near you if he can help it. Neither of them want to be near Batman unless he's already being held down and controlled by someone else. They both fear the loss of control, and that's important.

Much like Batman spiralling out of Control, or perhaps realising he never had it. The two main villains are also about control, and the loss thereof, and of course as Batman loses control the Joker gains it. Which in of itself is a nightmare scenario for Batman.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Lord_Magmar posted:

I actually think the Arkham Knight fleeing the second things go wrong is pretty clever bit of personality showing. He's mostly bluster, much like Scarecrow Arkham Knight's greatest weapon is his voice. Scarecrow when he actually tries can drive people into cowering wrecks by talking, the toxin just means he can do it en masse. Meanwhile the Knight is mostly talking big to get his men to stick around, after all if he actually knew all of Batman's tricks and how to kill him why would he have an entire army and endless series of drones or take orders from Scarecrow. Similarly both are driven by fear in some way, what the Knight fears we don't know yet but it seems as if he's actively avoiding confrontations with Batman where he isn't in control. Meanwhile Scarecrow makes it so he's always in control by literally never being near you if he can help it. Neither of them want to be near Batman unless he's already being held down and controlled by someone else. They both fear the loss of control, and that's important.

I think the thing about the Knight's Character is that most of his persona has been built up and created by the Scarecrow. He has a legitimate beef with Batman but I think the whole "create a private army and destroy him utterly" is nothing more than another piece of Scarecrow's scheme to break Batman down and humiliate him. He wants to kill Batman because he wants it to be over, cause the longer it goes on the more his own motivations start to break down.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

SIGSEGV posted:

"Secure this location this, secure this location that. Fine. Benny, weld the drat grates, Pat, let's go shoot some gargoyles. Wait, everyone's got their bells on? Get your drat bells on!"

It could work.

Or heck, if someone is KO'd near a grate, rather than just look around, why not have every remaining goon find a grate and toss a grenade him - not just one right there. "Flush him out!" And the Anti-Detective Vision Goon can not have his little detect-o-meter drop when the Vision is turned off. Put Batman on the clock to either take him out (and he's never alone), or to use the vision sparingly.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

berryjon posted:

Plus, more dangerous mooks makes it more exhilarating to escape, and more understandable when they start freaking out that they did all those procedures in like two seconds flat, including lobbing a thermobaric grenade at the freak, and he still didn't die!

Actually, Scruffy, that is one minor complaint I have with the LP: you're not having enough fun with the Predator sections. Inverted takedowns that you only chop down when his buddies have caught up and are looking at him; planting explosive gel right by a body so you take out the first guy who comes looking; using the Sonic Boomerang just flinging a Batarang at a dude as his buddies are picked off and letting him get back up, for the fun of it. I know a lot of it is that Arkham Knight has taken away some of the fun of Predator sections, but still. If the last guy standing isn't pointing his gun at shadows, the heartbeat monitor looking like a seismograph in a paint shaker, your rating is really only C+ at best.

As far as Knight character thought goes, I will actually be A-okay with this increasing sense that he's terrified of Batman and using bluster to cover it up if - and only if - the Militia mooks around Gotham start talking about it like that from now on. Unlike the 'Oracle totally used escrima sticks guys, honest, we didn't forget to put this in until a tester mentioned it at the last minute', this will/would actually be the correct place to hear murmurs and whispering about how "the Knight totally abandoned our guys as soon as Batman showed up, after he said he was gonna protect 'em! It's pitiful, really - I'd leave now if it weren't for Scarecrow's severance package."

I know that the Knight has been clearly throwing tantrums and shouting inane lies whenever Batman's taken out an overworld target, but that's childish anger, not fear. The former is a disappointing letdown for the buildup his hype men have given him, the latter is an appropriate foible in a game about people letting their fears control them.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Much like Batman spiralling out of Control, or perhaps realising he never had it. The two main villains are also about control, and the loss thereof, and of course as Batman loses control the Joker gains it. Which in of itself is a nightmare scenario for Batman.

That means the title character is a tin man which I'm not sure is a very safe decision, besides, we've been complaining almost since the start of thread about the writing's quality and I don't feel like giving the writers anything for what might just be "we need this guy to have some screen presence but also we need to delay his boss fight." because It's too clever and I've lost all faith in them.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm going to be perfectly honest and say I have no idea who the main villain is for this game; I think with the Joker dead it really threw the writers into a loop and so now the game is about Batman hallucinating about the Joker while he stumbles around finding people to beat to death. The Arkham Knight sounds like a whiny bitch and I really don't care who he is (my bet is spurned admirer or something equally lame) and the Scarecrow is such a B-list, bordering on C-list, villain I can't really bring myself to care about him either. With almost a century of comics you'd think the devs could've found someone more interesting to dredge up.

I'm sure the game ends with both of them being savagely beaten before being arrested for the umpteenth time anyway so who gives a poo poo. Really the only reason I keep watching is because Gotham itself looks nice and dscruffy manages to keep up with an interesting narration.

Glad to see shoulder pads making a come back.

I think Scarecrow's an underrated villain. In BTAS he was generally one of Batman's more dangerous villains, and probably one of the best master planners. He's got a track record of going big with his plans, and his obsession with fear ties in neatly with Batman's psychology. the Arkham series already basically used the other major macro threats - Joker, Ra's, Hugo Strange, and the characterization of some of the others that could've been macro threats hasn't been right for the Big Bad role (Penguin and Two-Face are content to be just gang leaders; Hush is narrowly focused on Bruce Wayne, Mr. Freeze isn't enough of an rear end in a top hat, Poison Ivy's somewhat sympathetic, Bane isn't portrayed as all that smart).

that said, if Rocksteady makes another Batman game, COURT OF OWLS OR BUST.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Scarecrow would be a great villain except he doesn't really get to do his thing. Like so far batman has been gassed and rather than consumed by fear he instead starts hallucinating and going mad. And then the really bad, totally real guys, scene that the thread has discussed enough.

What I'm getting at is that for how much fear keeps getting brought up by scarecrows incessant voice, it's strangely absent from the game. I wasn't expecting a game consisting entirely of arkham asylum scarecrow bits, but they could at least do something horror-ish to make the guy seem like he's there and doing stuff. Like a predator room where you have to survive being hunted by something(Batman's murdery urges?) as it pursues you through vents and lays traps for you or something.

Because for a guy threatening to chemical weapon a fifth of the country he feels really absent from the game.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

WFGuy posted:

Actually, Scruffy, that is one minor complaint I have with the LP: you're not having enough fun with the Predator sections. Inverted takedowns that you only chop down when his buddies have caught up and are looking at him; planting explosive gel right by a body so you take out the first guy who comes looking; using the Sonic Boomerang just flinging a Batarang at a dude as his buddies are picked off and letting him get back up, for the fun of it. I know a lot of it is that Arkham Knight has taken away some of the fun of Predator sections, but still. If the last guy standing isn't pointing his gun at shadows, the heartbeat monitor looking like a seismograph in a paint shaker, your rating is really only C+ at best.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like dropping down in front of someone whose heartrate is at 150+, seeing him scramble to the ground, be unable to fire on you thanks to the disruptor, and then yanking the gun out of his hand with the batclaw, only to grapple back up to a gargoyle to keep messing with him. Or one thing I've only ever gotten to work once: a batclaw over a drop onto a previously placed explosive charge, so he bounces when you quickfire it. :laugh: Predator sections are goddamn great.

It gets hilarious to mess with people in combat, too. Earlier this morning I found a couple guys in City that I just kept stunlocked by quickfiring the REC at them over and over. It took about 5 minutes of hysterical laughter and endless tazing before I slipped enough for one of them to punch me in the back of the head. And that's just one method. There's also endlessly flipping over some dude's head, cape-stunning literally everyone, or basically anything else that doesn't do damage, just to toy with people. You usually have to take out specialty people first before you start messing around, to make it relatively safe, and guns make it kind of a no-go, but it's still plenty of fun. Let the Joker out a little, Scruffy. :unsmigghh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oddly enough those collars that alert people to someone being knocked out are gone too. Plus, you can't really scare people as effectively as you could in Asylum and City.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUjG1HSSaGI

I really dig TBaTB Batman. He's so happy to be doing his vigilante thing. Plus it's so colorful all the time.

His helmet's my favorite TF2 headwear.

Jesus, booth turns into a Handyman from bioshock infinite and then lincoln kicks his rear end. that's why i loved batman brave and the bold :)

Spatula City posted:

I think Scarecrow's an underrated villain. In BTAS he was generally one of Batman's more dangerous villains, and probably one of the best master planners. He's got a track record of going big with his plans, and his obsession with fear ties in neatly with Batman's psychology. the Arkham series already basically used the other major macro threats - Joker, Ra's, Hugo Strange, and the characterization of some of the others that could've been macro threats hasn't been right for the Big Bad role (Penguin and Two-Face are content to be just gang leaders; Hush is narrowly focused on Bruce Wayne, Mr. Freeze isn't enough of an rear end in a top hat, Poison Ivy's somewhat sympathetic, Bane isn't portrayed as all that smart).

that said, if Rocksteady makes another Batman game, COURT OF OWLS OR BUST.

Yeah he could definatly have been done better in this game. He does have some pretty good moments though and i love his design and noble's voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Speedball posted:

I got a real "Fry's reaction to death by snusnu" off of Steve Trevor's face there around 2:02-2:05 or so if anyone wants to make an extremely entertaining animated gif.

• Locked thread