Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ZZZorcerer posted:

So... I summoned a mad ghost and killed it, didn't get anything :confused: why would anyone summon purple ghosts if the host doesn't get anything by winning ?

I thought that you're not supposed to be able to tell that you're doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

lets hang out posted:

purples can help the host by fighting enemies and invaders. unfortunately a lot of people are boring and just use it like a red sign.

But why summon a purple one for helping with enemies and invaders if you can just summon a white/gold one ?
If there's the danger of him attacking me at least I should get something (a covenant item or some ember ?)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ZZZorcerer posted:

But why summon a purple one for helping with enemies and invaders if you can just summon a white/gold one ?
If there's the danger of him attacking me at least I should get something (a covenant item or some ember ?)

if you got a reward for it people would only summon purples to gank them with a squad of whites and yellows

e: which is mostly what happens anyway

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ZZZorcerer posted:

Because you like to live a life of risk and adventure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huh. Katanaman pushed me off the ledge, he followed, and when I got back there I could just pick up his hanzo steel.

Welp, I ain't complaining. JACK IS BACK.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

If you wear a colour changing ring, does your summon sign change colour too?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Schmetterling posted:

If you wear a colour changing ring, does your summon sign change colour too?

no

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Okay, I think it's time to try another class, not because I want to change but because rumour has it that only certain classes don't crash the game. Any tips on what those were? The DEX guy seems to crash a lot. I can't get out of the tutorial area, every time I try to open the doors it crashes.

I'll try knight.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sleazoid posted:

I keep getting wrecked because I'm trying to be aggressive all the time. The regain and 20 health potions from Bloodborne have gave me some habits that need kicking.

The self awareness of such things is the pivotal step in the process of the most important feature of these games.

Revenge.

In case of first time victory, this is considered preemptive revenge. AKA, Prevengeance

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How the gently caress could the game only crash with certain classes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

The current rumor is that it has to do with cloth physics. Try opening the door while naked and see if the same thing happens.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I put all my settings on low and started a new character. Got to the second bonfire in Lothric and I've yet to die, did I git gud?

Gotta say it's no shame in putting this game on low. It's still a very pretty game :3: It helps that I haven't had a crash yet on this char either.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This game is ok.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Lothric knights aren't so bad anymore once you fight them in the courtyard. The sword ones can get stun locked to hell and the spear guys take a bit to retract their weapons after a thrust.

Though the Blue Guy...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Internet Kraken posted:

lovely driver calls triggering on certain materials.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ulvirich posted:

Pick knight for starts if you're quite literally new to the game genre. The shield and metal armor will assist you in not taking as much damage as, say, getting hit in the face while wearing diapers.

Herald also works since he has decent armor, a shield with 100% phys resist and a (weak) healing spell. Though the tracking on his spear is a bit wonky (mostly when using the shield-break charge).

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

axeil posted:

Found a firekeeper's soul. No idea what it does.

More importantly I got the "Hello" carving. I'm criminally underleveled since I started as deprived :shepface: and blew 20k souls on the key you need to get to the crows but drat it it's worth it.

Also got a uchigatana for killing that dude over to the left of the firelink approach. Guess I'm going dex this game!

I know where you are so I got a question for that spot.

Did you go up the tower by any chance and cross the bridge? I can't get the drat item on the left where you have to platforming Dark Souls Bullshit. I keep landing and then slipping off.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Herald also works since he has decent armor, a shield with 100% phys resist and a (weak) healing spell. Though the tracking on his spear is a bit wonky (mostly when using the shield-break charge).

Yeah, I'd switch that poo poo out for a Shortsword ASAP, or just wait until you get through High Walls and get the Astora Straight Sword.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Okay, I think it's time to try another class, not because I want to change but because rumour has it that only certain classes don't crash the game. Any tips on what those were? The DEX guy seems to crash a lot. I can't get out of the tutorial area, every time I try to open the doors it crashes.

I'll try knight.

i played deprived for 4 hours and haven't seen a single crash

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I managed to fix the crashing by setting both lighting and shadow quality low and turning off motion blur & depth of field. Managed to beat the big tree dude, that was a pretty neat boss fight.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

lovely driver calls triggering on certain materials.

This is why i only update my graphics drivers if they crash.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wait so purple phantom is just a white phantom and red phantom combined?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
It's going to be a long day at work tomorrow since apparently my GameStop is not having a midnight release. :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Huh, Moundmakers don't get covenant items for killing red phantoms, just white. Also it's really funny to go through acting like a bud until one's weak enough. :getin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can you get a spear from lothric knights? I've gotten 3 swords but none of the spear guys have dropped their weapon.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Internet Kraken posted:

You can fix it completely by setting your "Lighting" graphics setting to low, so I figure it has to do with light reflecting off certain gear?

Whatever it is I hope they fix it in the patch rumored to be coming tomorrow.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

mm, hrm, yes, of course...

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I just got the symbol of avarice from the very first mimic I found!

:swoon:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

i played deprived for 4 hours and haven't seen a single crash

I played the exact same time, and class as you and I've crashed twice.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you get a spear from lothric knights? I've gotten 3 swords but none of the spear guys have dropped their weapon.

You can get it off the regular undead guys with the spears and tall shields.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do you not start out with weapon arts? Can't figure out how to use them.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lothric knights do have a unique spear, i don't know if the ones at the beginning of the game drop it but i don't see why they wouldn't

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I guess the idea with the purple summons is for non-day one play where you really need an ally so you have to throw the dice and hope they don't kill you, but given that that kind of ability attracts exactly the sort of player that would kill you right before the boss dies makes me inclined to believe it was a bad idea.

Dance Party!
Jul 28, 2003
I wear pink 'cause the girls do. How about you?
uh did the game disappear off the psn store? It doesn't show up in search. Been like that for over 30 mins now

edit: literally after i hit submit it reappeared

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Do you not start out with weapon arts? Can't figure out how to use them.

Put away your shield if you've got one. On the 360 controller, I use LT to activate the skill, and depending on what it is (ie long sword et al), RT/RB can modify it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JonTerp posted:

You can fix it completely by setting your "Lighting" graphics setting to low, so I figure it has to do with light reflecting off certain gear?

Whatever it is I hope they fix it in the patch rumored to be coming tomorrow.

I've hit two hours so I can't refund it but jesus, I go from 25 Celsius to 75 in under thirty minutes. No other game on this machine since I set it up has gotten close to 60.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

purples can't enter boss rooms

Dance Party! posted:

uh did the game disappear off the psn store? It doesn't show up in search. Been like that for over 30 mins now

takes them a long time to change the preorder page to the release page. it'll be up later.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Knight guy after the dragon in the High Wall of Lothric is by far the hardest enemy of his type I've run into in one of these games. Black Knights and Blue Eye Knights got nothing on him, jesus.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
What the hell is the Dark Sigil and did I just gently caress myself by getting one?

I knew a free level up was too good to be true...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

Put away your shield if you've got one. On the 360 controller, I use LT to activate the skill, and depending on what it is (ie long sword et al), RT/RB can modify it.

Hell yeah, thanks man.