Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Stop talking about hardtack and matzah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Lastgirl posted:

its good with butter

And salt.

Matzo owns and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and dumb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/719907425617219585

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

squidgee posted:

And salt.

Matzo owns and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and dumb.

Just skip the flavorless middleman and put the butter and salt directly into your mouth.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boosted take off your coat (real slow)
Boosted take off your shoes
(Here I'll take your shoes)
Baby take off your shame
Yes yes yes
You can leave your hat on

Go on over there
And turn on the light
No all the lights
Come back here
Stand on this chair, that's right
Raise your arms up in to the air
Shake 'em
He gives you a reason to live

Suspicious minds are talking
Whispering you can't fight
They say that your posts are fake
They just see your hair
They just see your hair
They just see your hair
They say that your posts are fake
I know what fakeposting is

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/719910790552240128

Short of killing himself I don't know what he can do.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lote posted:

Matzo ball soup is delicious and acceptable year round.

I had it for the first time a few weeks ago, it's terrible and I just picked out everything but the matzo balls. I barely have a sense of smell or taste and could recognize it was terrible

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/719912901570600965

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Drunkboxer posted:

Stop talking about hardtack and matzah

let's talk about cornbread instead

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

zoux posted:

So it's really gonna come down to Cruz pulling enough delegates to his side.

This is gonna go to like 45 ballots.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

weekly font posted:

So it's really gonna come down to Cruz pulling enough delegates to his side.

This is gonna go to like 45 ballots.

I figure two tops, either Trump on the first or Cruz on the second. Cruz has racked up a lot of second-ballot people.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
There will not be a second ballot.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Bernice Anders posted:

There will not be a second ballot.

there will only be a second gunman

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Slate Action posted:

I figure two tops, either Trump on the first or Cruz on the second. Cruz has racked up a lot of second-ballot people.

You need 1237 to win a second ballot, right? I can see people conspiring to keep Cruz out on the second so they can keep negotiations going, even if the negotiations eventually end up in Cruz.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Karl Sharks posted:

1237 gunmen, Trump's final stand against the GOPe

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

zoux posted:

Pull a Sherman.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaker Paul Ryan's March to the Sea to Drown Himself so He Doesn't Have to Run for President.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ryan is like only way GOP could possibly win/compete

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

zoux posted:

renounce his citizenship so he's not eligible :twisted:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

mannerup posted:

renounce his citizenship so he's not eligible :twisted:

hasn't stopped Cruz!

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 18, 2016

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

zoux posted:

Didn't he say the same thing about being speaker?

He's just gonna say "hey guys I don't want this either but we have to do what's best for the party"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

wait poo poo actually i want to change my answer to a second amendment ballot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

He's just gonna say "hey guys I don't want this either but we have to do what's best for the party"

Paul Ryan wants to be the President of the US, he just doesn't want to damage his brand by being the candidate presiding over the dismantling of the Republican Party.

He's probably looking at 2024.

Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.
Guys, I don't have anything scheduled for July, so I'll go ahead and throw my hoodie in the ring if you're looking for a proven conservative you can trust.

I love my mom!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ryan is like only way GOP could possibly win/compete

He's the B student who thinks he's the smartest kid in the world and he gets really mad when people or events point out that he's just slightly above average. He comes off looking like poo poo in any debate or interview where people seriously challenge him.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

zoux posted:

Paul Ryan wants to be the President of the US, he just doesn't want to damage his brand by being the candidate presiding over the dismantling of the Republican Party.

Or... he's seeing this as an opportunity to create a brand new republican party from the ashes. Burn it down before the convention, build it up in GE!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

zoux posted:

why do you say 2024? i could see, if hillary gets elected, 12 years of a democrat in the white house reigniting the base if they can direct it at all, plus lackluster support (for hillary) which is already a bit meh meaning higher R turnout while lower D turnout

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/719921559809470464

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

zoux posted:

Like the speakership election he's just holding out so he can have his list of demands met. Dunno if those will be policy demands or personal demands but he's just looking for leverage and to be able to claim it was forced on him in case it all goes south.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

H5N1 posted:

1,237 seat belts buckling up...for Kasich!!!

Speaking of Kasich, he gave a pretty good speech this morning where he condemned the fear and divisiveness of Trump's rhetoric, and laid out his more positive vision for America, based on inclusiveness and compromise.

And then CNN immediately followed that up by announcing a new poll that has Trump at 60% among NY primary voters.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Its exactly what he did. This all a shadow show, the more he openly rejects this the more he wants it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

why do you say 2024? i could see, if hillary gets elected, 12 years of a democrat in the white house reigniting the base if they can direct it at all, plus lackluster support (for hillary) which is already a bit meh meaning higher R turnout while lower D turnout

Just a guess. It's going to depend on how good/popular of a president Hillary is, what the fallout is for the GOP following this election as well as, you know, just time and chance.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/719922569533657089

:smugdon:

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Ryan desperately wants to be president. All the posters shouting " oh my godddd poor ryan he doesn't want this what will he doooo" are loving idiots.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

Donald Trump is going to win every state remaining in the NE by a whole hell of a lot and its going to be real funny.

[he still falls short of 1237 tho]

If Trump does really well in MD and CT he could sweep delegates in those states.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's really funny how this current breathless "Is Trump Over????" narrative is completely gone starting next Tuesday.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zoux posted:

It's really funny how this current breathless "Is Trump Over????" narrative is completely gone starting next Tuesday.

Trump turns off the headline generators over the weekend, to give everyone some breathing room

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bernice Anders posted:

Ryan desperately wants to be president. All the posters shouting " oh my godddd poor ryan he doesn't want this what will he doooo" are loving idiots.

Sure, that's why he ain't running this cycle. He doesn't want to suffer a fate similar to his predecessor of being smashed into orange pulp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Al! posted:

Trump turns off the headline generators over the weekend, to give everyone some breathing room

Seriously. Trump purposefully stops dictating every four-hour news cycle for a couple days and the media has nothing to fill the empty spaces with except variations of "IS THIS THE END FOR TRUMP???!!!"

• Locked thread