Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
how many of you turbo nerds are gonna reroll the plum and blader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

crazystray posted:

gently caress, I am going to setup this up and it may get me fired. I don't know what's safe to do from work, probably just fishing or processing.

So far I've only fished, but temptation to start doing some more of the crafting and city-building tutorial quests around Velia is high :spergin:

ioneye posted:

how many of you turbo nerds are gonna reroll the plum and blader

It's on my alt list fo sho. I have a tamer now, girlfriend also made a tamer on my account, definitely gonna have a blader or plum when they drop, and then probably either a wizard or zerker with the last slot to eventually do group pvp stuff (though I haven't seen anyone in ParksandRec talk about node wars yet)

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

AmiEsiM posted:

Had anyone been getting Bluescreens with Memmory_Management as the reason?

I know on windows 10 with 16gb ram the game pops up "this program needs to be closed because it's using too much memory" even though task manager never shows more than 45% ram usage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The Quake posted:

I know on windows 10 with 16gb ram the game pops up "this program needs to be closed because it's using too much memory" even though task manager never shows more than 45% ram usage.

This has happened to me with other memory intensive games. Its usually the paging file is too small and the OS decides to allocate a memory reserve for the game that doubles every step.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Lewtt can you give me a bit of a run down of skills/cancels you use in pvp? I play a ranger as well and there are lots of options and mana management issues and things and I could honestly use some advice.

I know UCW is our most powerful attack, but it does require getting in close and when I try and use it I often get knocked down and have to EES to escape and heal.

Some of my most effective damage seems to come from I think razorwind followed by using the kiss of wind flow into penetrating wind, but that locks me in place and makes me an easy target for enemy ranged.

WotW just chews through mana so fast and is close range so I rarely use it.

Q-cancel and F-cancel let me dance around a bit but don't seem to do too much damage.

Thoughts, strategies, advice?

Thanks.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I run around in trainer armor a lot because I have expensive gems I don't want to lose to bullshit deaths. I don't mind dying to mobs but in pvp its serious business. I battleground daily, usually ending with +40.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

crazystray posted:

Lewtt can you give me a bit of a run down of skills/cancels you use in pvp? I play a ranger as well and there are lots of options and mana management issues and things and I could honestly use some advice.

I know UCW is our most powerful attack, but it does require getting in close and when I try and use it I often get knocked down and have to EES to escape and heal.

Some of my most effective damage seems to come from I think razorwind followed by using the kiss of wind flow into penetrating wind, but that locks me in place and makes me an easy target for enemy ranged.

Q-cancel and F-cancel let me dance around a bit but don't seem to do too much damage.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OaKOq5ichWIISI7YY0XsG6_fOPR3SYDrm-RCQRfpFJc/edit#heading=h.spao052rrh0m

check the skill related videos a couple pages down as well, a lot of these need visuals to understand. Especially the hidden skills and hidden key combos video

grab a kd/bound resist gem for boots. The crafted necklaces are fantastic as well, because they give grapple or kd resist.

ill post a longer explanation to ranger specifics when i have more time

lewtt fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 12, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Do you have one of these for sorceress handy?

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

As you saw, last weekend we ran a Bonus Combat EXP Event following the emergency maintenance. Unfortunately the event did not go as planned as players from the EU Servers got the benefit of additional EXP for Fishing, Trading, and Training. This was due to a mistake on our end and the effect was active for the whole weekend. To remedy this gap we will be running the same event for the NA Servers this coming weekend. We are aware that this was not announced beforehand for the EU Servers, but we believe this is the best way to preserve the leveling curve between the 2 regions.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

The Quake posted:

As you saw, last weekend we ran a Bonus Combat EXP Event following the emergency maintenance. Unfortunately the event did not go as planned as players from the EU Servers got the benefit of additional EXP for Fishing, Trading, and Training. This was due to a mistake on our end and the effect was active for the whole weekend. To remedy this gap we will be running the same event for the NA Servers this coming weekend. We are aware that this was not announced beforehand for the EU Servers, but we believe this is the best way to preserve the leveling curve between the 2 regions.

Holy poo poo time to prepare an epic trade route for this weekend with some fresh horsies.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Yes, I'm sure directly announcing a 10% exp buff for those three life skills independently of a combat exp buff, as opposed to Europe stumbling around talking about bugged channels and whatnot whilst the combat buff is in effect will absolutely best preserve the levelling curve between the two regions :wtc:

This is some objectively dumb logic.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

really interested in trying this game out. I want a horsie. Does your games come with trial passes? Is anyone willing to PM me one, you know, for your goon brother.

vvvv EDIT: Trogdos! is a true goon hero. thank you buddy

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 12, 2016

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
PM'd.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm sitting on about 7 t4 horses, looking at another 5 this evening. Do any goons want to coordinate to buy these fuckers?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Wilekat posted:

Yes, I'm sure directly announcing a 10% exp buff for those three life skills independently of a combat exp buff, as opposed to Europe stumbling around talking about bugged channels and whatnot whilst the combat buff is in effect will absolutely best preserve the levelling curve between the two regions :wtc:

This is some objectively dumb logic.

Almost as dumb as giving a poo poo about leveling parity in different regions' servers.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Probad posted:

Almost as dumb as giving a poo poo about leveling parity in different regions' servers.

Yeah. I think the assumption is that anyone on the EU side who's spergy enough to complain about something like that is also spergy enough to have heard about the accidental bonus, and exploited it. Pretty fair imo, they didn't have to do poo poo.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Probad posted:

Which just makes it even more bizarre. The logic is dumb; caring about parity between regions even more so. I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to take advantage of afk horsing next weekend, but the constant disconnecting is the only actual complaint I have right now and that's something they'll fix. Probably. Maybe.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Legit surprised they are just dumping bladers out in a maintenance patch. I will definitely roll one and make him look like jetstream sam.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

So I'm sitting on about 7 t4 horses, looking at another 5 this evening. Do any goons want to coordinate to buy these fuckers?

Heck yes! I've been catching maybe six or seven a day and getting nothing but T1 and T2 horses.. Unfortunately I think you can only buy 1 horse every hour.

I'm spoopywitch in game.. Message me tonight if you are on orwen and we can work,something out.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

LordAdakos posted:

Heck yes! I've been catching maybe six or seven a day and getting nothing but T1 and T2 horses.. Unfortunately I think you can only buy 1 horse every hour.

I'm spoopywitch in game.. Message me tonight if you are on orwen and we can work,something out.

I'm not sure if you can catch higher than T2 in the wild at the moment, but you can exchange two T2s (male and female) and, in my experience, pretty reliably get a T3! I usually just breed my horses to 0, then I exchange them to have another go at getting a tier equal or higher to their current value. :shobon:

If you haven't seen it already, always use this if you're interested in breeding:
http://www.blackd.de/horse/

And this will tell you the stats of every horse color:
http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/25-Horse-Tier/

I wish we knew when tiers 7 and 8 were going to be implemented, unless I missed it somewhere. My current plan is to fill my horses with T6s and level them until then (I'm at T5 atm).

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Well poo poo, I just realized all this stuff that says "+10% fishing exp" or whatever is talking about the minuscule amount of character exp you get from trade skills, not skill exp. I don't loving need character exp, goddammit, I want fishing to level up faster. Pets are even more worthless than I thought.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

A Spider Covets posted:

I'm not sure if you can catch higher than T2 in the wild at the moment, but you can exchange two T2s (male and female) and, in my experience, pretty reliably get a T3! I usually just breed my horses to 0, then I exchange them to have another go at getting a tier equal or higher to their current value. :shobon:

If you haven't seen it already, always use this if you're interested in breeding:
http://www.blackd.de/horse/

And this will tell you the stats of every horse color:
http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/25-Horse-Tier/

I wish we knew when tiers 7 and 8 were going to be implemented, unless I missed it somewhere. My current plan is to fill my horses with T6s and level them until then (I'm at T5 atm).

I saw a couple of posts on reddit showing T6 horses with two people riding them. Is this in the game already?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Taran posted:

Oh good, this means they won't have the super-generic name "Blader" for the class.

Instead you have a pretty generic korean name. Musa = Warrior, Mae hwa = Plum Blossom

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

crazystray posted:

I saw a couple of posts on reddit showing T6 horses with two people riding them. Is this in the game already?

Yep, T6 is as high as you can get right now in the NA version.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
So one of my T6s had charge and sprint by level 3, and was worth 10 million. Learned two-seater at around lvl 10 and the value went up 7 million. I used a token and learned instant acceleration and it only raised it another 3 million. Getting that skill on the first token try got my hopes up and am now at 11 stacks going for drift.

Now at 11 skills total and lvl 24 it can sell for 21 million (still no drift).

So if I want to breed T6s for money, two-seater would be the skill to use tokens on. Seems like this is the only thing in the cash shop that would enable a form of buying silver. But with RNG that could be a lot of money for 7 million silver.

Any guide on using tokens to get skills? It seems like the best thing to do is wait until the horse is max level to use them.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Someone lay some tamer advice on me.

Should I have leveled void lightning? Flash combo plus bolt/jolt wave and heilang trample/lightning seems to take care of everything

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I just wish I could find a female horse :sigh:
Around 8 tamed and all male.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

crazystray posted:

Thanks.

Rangers are super mana heavy, and you will be popping mana pots NONSTOP in pvp. If you don't, you probably won't have the pressure damage to beat someone with equal gear. Keep in mind that red battlefield health potions are superior to open world health pots, so people with full +15 are gonna seem impossible to kill

Stack health (without sacrificing AP), because a number of abilities scale off your health. wotw can get a +5% hp dmg awakening, which is great. I use steel dagger, because bronze doesn't have enough output in battlefield. I do ok with 112.

UCW doesn't necessarily have to be used at point blank; I only use it as a burst damage finisher along with wotw. If they've dropped to 50% or so, i'll break to melee and spam wotw -> shotgun -> wotw -> shotgun and end with an evasive explosion if i'm out of mana

qcancel is your kiting spam ability and the main source of your damage to poorly geared folks. If you need to create a gap, you do it via qcancel (or fcancel if you're out of mana). Both of their damage is kinda poor compared to the mana cost, but the mobility is irreplacable

tearing wind is not actually that bad if you're not under pressure. it can also be weaved with penwind, making it (and ult descending current) great abilities when you aren't being attacked

razor wind / penwind flow combo is something I rarely use in pvp, since you're immobile while using it. I'll use it against a KD target if I can't break into melee fast enough, and to pressure a turtling valk/warrior. Other than that, I almost never use it in pvp

--

sorc cancel video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dePWRgqUw

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
Hey so I replaced my power supply and now when I go to start black desert I get to the splash screen after you click 'play' and then it crashed to desktop. No error message or anything....

I've tried deleting the version to force a recheck and deleting the black desert folder in the documents folder, and the *.xem files , and also tried changing video settings to fullscreen and back, nothing has worked.

Anyone experience anything similar to this?

EDIT: As it just so happens I had my log file symlinkd to my spinny hard drive from my SSD and it looks like the SATA connector from the new PSU has a short or something. One of my hard drives wasnt spinning up, which was the one that was logfile symlinkd. Tried a different connector and BAM, working now.

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 13, 2016

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Here's a good Valkyrie pvp video:

http://youtu.be/4W5PQYqqfiI

If you watch closely, you'll see a few flavors of animation cancelling and gap management type maneuvering. Of note is the side cut + side dash maneuvers to get out of range for the heal. Other than that, you're going to have to get really good at managing the multiple cooldowns of shield dash and routinely use it in more directions than directly forward.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

TalonDemonKing posted:

Someone lay some tamer advice on me.

Should I have leveled void lightning? Flash combo plus bolt/jolt wave and heilang trample/lightning seems to take care of everything

Void Lightning is your level 50+ AoE skill. It gets super armor, flinches everything, and the wolf-lion will combo into it and make it do crazy damage.

E: I actually reset out of Roar once I hit level 50. Once things starting hitting you like trucks, you will die when Roaring. Void Lightning is the way to go, but you'll mostly be punching everything with your one-inch punches.

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 13, 2016

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

void lightning owns because your dog goes into maximum wesker mode

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Twilight Matrix posted:

void lightning owns because your dog goes into maximum wesker mode

Does VL scale the doge damage?

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

hey nerds, archer or wiz?

whats more satisfying, solo pvp or group pvp?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

red state bait posted:

hey nerds, archer or wiz?

whats more satisfying, solo pvp or group pvp?

wiz has better sustain
archer is god tier in pvp

Edit: That being said, hold off on making a wiz/witch until we get more info on the awakenings.
Wizard is going to get shafted hard if the awakenings just power up their respective elements, since witch got the better trade.

TalonDemonKing fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 13, 2016

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Is there a sorceress version of that ranger guide? I went to google and I wasnt able to find it, but that doesnt mean I didnt miss it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

hahaha

FuriousOni
Mar 25, 2007

This isn't really me.

TalonDemonKing posted:

Edit: That being said, hold off on making a wiz/witch until we get more info on the awakenings.
Wizard is going to get shafted hard if the awakenings just power up their respective elements, since witch got the better trade.

My Witch is ready for the shafting once she hits 45. These colors seem to set people off. And the wings. I don't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

lol I told you those drive bys are driving them insane