Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I'll take a quick look over the characters of Granblue and

Might go in my "don't play in public places" folder near Soccer Spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

delfin posted:

:japan:

In other news, that Kingdom Hearts Unchained game is super fun and generous with in-game currency and you should come play with us.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3456234&pagenumber=302#lastpost

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Those aren't even the worst of the bunch, sadly. But on the plus side they are nowhere near the majority.

As far as the translation goes, it's pretty passable, but the quality can vary between story segments I viewed. On the technical side one had untranslated choice buttons (Lamretta Rare) and there are places that the text can run off in both store prices and in story segments. Some of the skill text is localized using unclear language, but those same skills were not that clear in Japanese either, so I guess that's not too bad.

Being able to go through a bunch of the story again in English has been fun, though.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

delfin posted:

It's not quite that blatant when you're looking at the combat sprites that have a rather simplified art style. Or the framed portraits that crop off alotta stuff.

But yeah there's that race that sorta leans in that exaggerated direction:v:. And humans being the general favored race.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 11, 2016

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

New Leaf posted:

:japan:

In other news, that Kingdom Hearts Unchained game is super fun and generous with in-game currency and you should come play with us.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3456234&pagenumber=302#lastpost

Thanks for linking to the last post in a 300+ page thread and there's no information about anything Android in the OP.

Very helpful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is better to start during an event anyway, no?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

ModeSix posted:

Thanks for linking to the last post in a 300+ page thread and there's no information at anything Android in the OP.

Very helpful.

At first I thought you were being a dick, but yeah, that link just goes to a post in the general Kingdom Hearts thread.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's where the game discussion is, you goony bastards. There isn't a mega thread, it's all mixed in. Post your info there if you want a goon clan invitation.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is better to start during an event anyway, no?

I believe what's common is that you want to start during an event that has access to a lot of character, because when/if you decide to pony up some funds for the Start Dash, when you started determines the pool of characters that are available.

Also, starting during an event where SSR characters are more likely means you will have to do less rerolling if you want to start with one.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
How do you switch over to english in the browser version of Granblue? For some reason the option isn't coming up in Chrome, but it is on my phone.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Potsticker posted:

I believe what's common is that you want to start during an event that has access to a lot of character, because when/if you decide to pony up some funds for the Start Dash, when you started determines the pool of characters that are available.

Also, starting during an event where SSR characters are more likely means you will have to do less rerolling if you want to start with one.

Yup, starting during a legendfest is most ideal to lock exclusives to your start dash pool if you wish to spend about $25 usd for a 10 roll + cherry pick whatever characters where in the pool when you started. Like if you made an account when the zodiac character was available then you could pick up the character for $25 where some poor smuck whaled $6000.

Waiting till the zodiac character shows up again is a real pain , and you'll be missing out on events/collabs . They're fun to have and collect but certainly not the end of things if you can't get'em for whatever elemental teams you're running.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Eh, I'm in no hurry. I'll get tired of it within a month, so why not wait to get an unnecessarily optimal start?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Haerc posted:

How do you switch over to english in the browser version of Granblue? For some reason the option isn't coming up in Chrome, but it is on my phone.
After setting it on my tablet, it showed up in English on both the browser version, chrome app version, and on my phone via the mobile web version. (All on the same account) The only exception was that sometimes the News page that starts you off would be in Japanese, but clicking on the big blue My Page button then everything would be in English.

Drakes posted:

Waiting till the zodiac character shows up again is a real pain , and you'll be missing out on events/collabs . They're fun to have and collect but certainly not the end of things if you can't get'em for whatever elemental teams you're running.

It doesn't seem like SSR characters, even the rare Zodiac ones, are really worth it. I mean, rerolling yourself to death or waiting for an ultra rare fest instead of just playing the game. I'm only just over rank 40 and with only three SSR characters so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but the SR characters I do have seem to be doing quite well. My two best teams don't have any SSRs because I have more SSR weapons in those elements and that seems to be a bigger factor than characters at the moment. Of course, getting SSR weapons has mostly been running events and leeching Extreme and Extreme+ Raids. Events seem to be really good for dropping angel/archangel weapons and summons for levelling stuff up, too. I have one storage just filled after L.E.T.S. H.A.N.G. of exp fodder just waiting for me to get more weapons to fill up.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So where is the setting for English?

I don't see anything that remotely looks like an english language option.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Press the button with the gears on it then scroll to the bottom.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Thanks, wonder if that wasn't there on the Chrome app version, as that was the first place I looked before trying on my phone.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Has anyone set up a crew for Granblue?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Only 2 more days(I think)!

If you really want both Karin and Chun-li, clear chapter 8 asap and play poker for AP potions. Could be rough farming VH difficulty for the needed drops.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
With Hungry Cat Picross, do the Tuesday Seasons paintings not count towards the "Complete 20 Tuesday paintings" achievement?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I made 6 or 7 Granblue accounts and got nothing better than an SR weapon. Think I will wait for a better time to start.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hooah posted:

With Hungry Cat Picross, do the Tuesday Seasons paintings not count towards the "Complete 20 Tuesday paintings" achievement?
I think only the current week's painting counts, they want you to come back

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Largepotato posted:

I made 6 or 7 Granblue accounts and got nothing better than an SR weapon. Think I will wait for a better time to start.

You're following the reroll guide, right? But unless theres a special promo going on then you'll only have 2 rolls per account.

And let me tell you about 2 weeks ago, those 70 free rolls :suspense:.
http://puu.sh/ofNb9/a18c35660f.jpg

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Drakes posted:

You're following the reroll guide, right? But unless theres a special promo going on then you'll only have 2 rolls per account.

There was 2 tickets, and there was the first premium roll 10 for free. Also another 2 tickets from the codes.

The roll 10 always seemed to be one SR weapon, one R weapon & hero, and the rest R weapons though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

One question I've had about Granblue is that I cannot figure out even now is what Mythril weapons are for. They don't seem to give extra money, xp, or give skillups, but you can trade for them in the shop and they drop all over so I figure they have to have some special use.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Drakes posted:

So where do I sign up to get someone to tell me when they give out amazing poo poo again

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Haerc posted:

Menu > Settings > Language, it's there on my Chrome version.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Largepotato posted:

There was 2 tickets, and there was the first premium roll 10 for free. Also another 2 tickets from the codes.

The roll 10 always seemed to be one SR weapon, one R weapon & hero, and the rest R weapons though.

The first "premium roll" is rigged, it never does anything except give the one SR and the one hero. The only real premium rolls with a chance for anything good you get with a fresh account are the two tickets, barring a special event.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks.

Is there a way to play the same character on both chrome and my phone? I installed it on my phone via qooapp, and there was no option to log into any account when I started up the game, IIRC.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Haerc posted:

Thanks.

Is there a way to play the same character on both chrome and my phone? I installed it on my phone via qooapp, and there was no option to log into any account when I started up the game, IIRC.

I use my Google login to play the same account on all my devices, but you can use facebook, twitter, or at least one other type of account that I can't recall at the moment. When you push the button to start on a fresh device there should be these various obvious buttons below the text entry field on the second page to log in with one of these.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Haerc posted:

Thanks.

I went through this same nightmare, assuming you originally made an account on chrome and have an email login and password. First uninstall the app, then you can try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout in chrome (on the phone) and clicking the second (I think? try translating) button to log out. Then go back to chrome and try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp and see if it will take you to the login screen (same one as on pc with device mode), if it does then just login with your account you made. If it just starts the game without login in then you will need to delete chrome cookies (I had to do this and there doesn't seem to be anyway to delete specific site cookies on android chrome).

Essentially you want to have logged into the account you intend to play with on chrome on the phone, then reinstall Granblue through qooapp. When you first launch it there are two options from memory, one just starts the game and creates an account itself (what you would have done the first time), the other option is to link an existing account which will then open chrome to mobage site where you are already logged in from before asking for confirmation you want to link the account. I think the button you're looking for when you first launch the app is the second button and it's grey (i also think it has ID mixed between the japanese on the button).

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Sendo posted:

I went through this same nightmare, assuming you originally made an account on chrome and have an email login and password. First uninstall the app, then you can try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp/_logout in chrome (on the phone) and clicking the second (I think? try translating) button to log out. Then go back to chrome and try going to https://ssl.sp.mbga.jp and see if it will take you to the login screen (same one as on pc with device mode), if it does then just login with your account you made. If it just starts the game without login in then you will need to delete chrome cookies (I had to do this and there doesn't seem to be anyway to delete specific site cookies on android chrome).

Essentially you want to have logged into the account you intend to play with on chrome on the phone, then reinstall Granblue through qooapp. When you first launch it there are two options from memory, one just starts the game and creates an account itself (what you would have done the first time), the other option is to link an existing account which will then open chrome to mobage site where you are already logged in from before asking for confirmation you want to link the account. I think the button you're looking for when you first launch the app is the second button and it's grey (i also think it has ID mixed between the japanese on the button).

Yeah, this is correct, it's the second button and will log you in if you log in on a browser first.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sendo posted:

A good and useful post
:v::respek::eng101:
Thank you for this!! My problem was keeping the app installed so it kept using the guest credentials I unintentionally made. Your detailed post got me to finally sign up with my yahoo account on my ipad app.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it's no problem. I log into the same account from my work computer, home computer, and phone. As long as you put the same e-mail address and password in that first logon screen, the game gives no fucks about what you're logging in with.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Sendo posted:

Login help

This seems to have worked, thanks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

For Granblue, does the game cache data locally? And if so, does it do this in both the browser and "real" app version, or is one version better than the other in this regard? I'm wary about using my cell phone plan to play a grindy browser game if it's re-downloading art and sound assets all the time. I know the settings menu has options to turn down the sound/graphics quality, and my data plan is pretty good, but I don't want to burn a bunch of data for this silly game.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 13, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

There are options for how much space you want to use on your phone to cache assets, how long it should keep stuff in the cache, and a manual option to clear the cache.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Potsticker posted:

There are options for how much space you want to use on your phone to cache assets, how long it should keep stuff in the cache, and a manual option to clear the cache.

It's not clear what you are talking about. Do you mean the GBF Android app? Do you mean the generic cache option that browsers have? Something else?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It's not clear what you are talking about. Do you mean the GBF Android app? Do you mean the generic cache option that browsers have? Something else?

The apk itself for sure, in the settigns menu. I just checked the browser version and didn't see the same options in there. I cannot check the chrome app version at the moment.

The game has a lot of options (available in all three) to use lower resolution assets, not load sounds or voices, and do other data-friendly tweaks by reducing the amount of calls done to update raid chat at similar functions.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Can someone tell me what this game is about? Match 3 etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Can someone tell me what this game is about? Match 3 etc?

It's a sort of traditonal JRPG on a phone. Form a party, equip yourself with weapons and summons, participate in simplified turn based battles.