Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Insert name here posted:

smdh if you don't love Framing Frame day 3 loud

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

i do not like it, no

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

i do not like it, no

I am s-ing my d h at you.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i am a cop flipping a power switch, forever

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
MAN THERE IS TONS OF GOLD IN THIS DEAL
I GOT AN IDEA ON HOW TO ESCAPE
THE SENATOR LIKES TO PARTY
SEE THOSE NEWS CHOPPERS? THAT'S HOW WE'RE GONNA ESCAPE
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Didn't they shut Bain up on that day a while back?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, now we really got a heist from real world events. Who wants to rob some stolen art from a Nazi?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Skunkrocker posted:

GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON
GET THE POWER BACK ON

http://youtu.be/jHEkCM3fTrc

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Kazanski posted:

Anyone have some super-awesome strategy for the Reputation Beyond Reproach achievement? (Four man crew has to beat Election Day plan C on Deathwish without anyone being downed, cloaked, or cuffed.) It's the last achievement I need and I'm having trouble finding other players who are capable of doing it. I've tried random pubs, the Steam forums, befriending good people I encounter, etc. etc. I've found like one other person who doesn't need 15 tries to make it 10 minutes in without going down. I swear this would be easier if I could just do it by myself or with 1 other person. No one can seem to understand my pregame speech of, "There is cloaker after cloaker after cloaker in the vault area. In case you haven't noticed, cloakers are complete bullshit. I don't care how good you think you are or if you have the Counterstrike skill. Don't run around in the vault area for no reason. You will get cloaked." The one time it really looked like we were going to get it, I was hosting and my game crashed.

Hang out in the payday 2 goons group chat & you'll possibly find a group for this. I'm down if the time is right.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

put this in the OP

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm crying.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Favorites - all loud
Nightclub
Dockyard
Oil
Frames
Forest- I mainly do the chopper escape but have been messing around with the train car demolition stuff. I did plane once and that was enough.

I do love a good ovk speed run Rats still. This has never got old for me.

Least
Jewelry
Frames stealth
Hoxton
Bank stealth
Car shop (console doesn't even have this job but just from reading about it and watching vids...)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Car Shop on Normal was the most fun Car Shop could ever be. Then the Longfellow happened.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Honestly we need more vehicles in heists. I still want an escape where the van crashes and the team has to steal a car to escape and you have several choices of car. Slow truck that can hold a lot, fast car that holds very little, and a few things in-between. Fun! The models are all there already. Make it happen OVK.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The vehicles in this game make me appreciate having GTA as another outlet.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I got real good at driving in this game after having lots of practice in GTA4.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

The vehicles in this game make me appreciate having GTA as another outlet.
Imagine escape of the last GTA Online heist in PD2? :stonklol:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Skunkrocker posted:

Honestly we need more vehicles in heists. I still want an escape where the van crashes and the team has to steal a car to escape and you have several choices of car. Slow truck that can hold a lot, fast car that holds very little, and a few things in-between. Fun! The models are all there already. Make it happen OVK.

Then we do it with biglobby and steal ALL the cars :getin:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Imagine escape of the last GTA Online heist in PD2? :stonklol:

Rockstar, hire Overkill to pad your content plz.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

chairface posted:

Then we do it with biglobby and steal ALL the cars :getin:

You mean crash into each other and wipe.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

You mean crash into each other and wipe.

Exactly. :getin:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When will biglobby allow us to have multiples of the same heister? I ask because, just imagine a lobby full of Clovers driving.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

UnknownMercenary posted:

When will biglobby allow us to have multiples of the same heister? I ask because, just imagine a lobby full of Clovers driving.

Sadly, no. I would love a bunch of Jimmies shouting "JESUS COCAINE CHRIST" in unison

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its not going to happen until you also pay the voice actors to say a few lines talking to themselves as it just wouldn't be right for Clover to not have fun calling herself over.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
For some reason the model for the assault rifle in the security room in Big Oil 2 is changed. Nope, it's unchanged.

I also noticed that civilian pathing was altered on Shadow Raid, of all maps. Civvies were pathing up the warehouse catwalks for some reason.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 13, 2016

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Kazanski posted:

Anyone have some super-awesome strategy for the Reputation Beyond Reproach achievement? (Four man crew has to beat Election Day plan C on Deathwish without anyone being downed, cloaked, or cuffed.) It's the last achievement I need and I'm having trouble finding other players who are capable of doing it. I've tried random pubs, the Steam forums, befriending good people I encounter, etc. etc. I've found like one other person who doesn't need 15 tries to make it 10 minutes in without going down. I swear this would be easier if I could just do it by myself or with 1 other person. No one can seem to understand my pregame speech of, "There is cloaker after cloaker after cloaker in the vault area. In case you haven't noticed, cloakers are complete bullshit. I don't care how good you think you are or if you have the Counterstrike skill. Don't run around in the vault area for no reason. You will get cloaked." The one time it really looked like we were going to get it, I was hosting and my game crashed.

A couple of people have already said it, but now I'll say it in more concrete terms:
If you join the Payday 2 Goons chat channel we will run you through Reputation Beyond Reproach right now. I'll probably be around and shooting cops for a while.

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...

Discendo Vox posted:

For some reason the model for the assault rifle in the security room in Big Oil 2 is changed.

I also noticed that civilian pathing was altered on Shadow Raid, of all maps.

Strange. Another strange one I noticed -- not sure if it happened recently because I hadn't played the heist in a long time, but they changed the HP of the window in Day 1 Watchdogs (the one people usually shoot out to throw the coke up). It takes a lot more bullets to break it now.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Just got Cold Hard Ground (no downs on Boiling Point) achievement for legit - just me and one friend. I went grinder fugimind and he was techforcer muscle. Went pretty well - spawns seemed a bit light. I disabled bots because they were just going to be cloaker bait. Are spawns based on number of players?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

clockworkjoe posted:

Just got Cold Hard Ground (no downs on Boiling Point) achievement for legit - just me and one friend. I went grinder fugimind and he was techforcer muscle. Went pretty well - spawns seemed a bit light. I disabled bots because they were just going to be cloaker bait. Are spawns based on number of players?

It also might happen if the host has a lovely computer.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

clockworkjoe posted:

Spawns are based on number of players (details in long guide, if you care). People claim that spawns are also based on host CPU, but I'm not convinced. The only way I've ever seen spawns affected by bad hardware is when cops just stand there and don't react to you. Pretty sure the game will throw however many cops you want at you (see: national guard mutator), but the more there are, and the worse your hardware is, the more likely it is they just won't do anything.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

They are based on the number of non-AI out of custody players iirc.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Hardcore Henry was everything I wanted it to be.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I also noticed that civilian pathing was altered on Shadow Raid, of all maps. Civvies were pathing up the warehouse catwalks for some reason.

They do that, but only if the doors on the top level get opened. I've had them wandering the catwalks before.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Since I was being a dick about bringing ECMs to Hoxout earlier, I took this to the logical conclusion and forced 3 other goons to play it with me using only single unupgraded ECMs on Deathwish Pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW83r3K-nfw

The only entertaining part happens around 31:55. If you don't want to watch the video I uploaded a gif of it here

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Meanwhile I was doing something else, called having fun :smugdog:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Kazanski posted:

Weapons: Flamethrowers and explosives are your friends. A stunned saiga dozer or a burning cloaker is one that won't instantly knock you down. Make sure someone has a weapon that works at long range, you'll need to kill snipers on your way out.
Strategy: Bring plenty of ammo and first aid kits, stick together, communicate the location of significant threats (mainly snipers, whiteshirts, saigadozers, and cloakers), and hope the vault is empty.
When I did it, the team hung out in that hallway that leads into the bank that Vox mentioned.
Skills: Techforcers or a heavy investment in a fugitive dodge build. Doctor bags and inspire are useless, for obvious reasons.

Discendo Vox posted:

Did you open any of the doors on the roof up there? I've had guards path onto the catwalks when I did that.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 13, 2016

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Concordat posted:

Weapons: Flamethrowers and explosives are your friends. A stunned saiga dozer or a burning cloaker is one that won't instantly knock you down. Make sure someone has a weapon that works at long range, you'll need to kill snipers on your way out.
Strategy: Bring plenty of ammo and first aid kits, stick together, communicate the location of significant threats (mainly snipers, whiteshirts, saigadozers, and cloakers), and hope the vault is empty.
When I did it, the team hung out in that hallway that leads into the bank that Vox mentioned.
Skills: Techforcers or a heavy investment in a fugitive dodge build. Doctor bags and inspire are useless, for obvious reasons.

Did you open any of the doors on the roof up there? I've had guards path onto the catwalks when I did that.

This video run is pretty instructive for Rep beyond reproach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmUUrxEhwkc

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

so when is the skill update supposed to come out?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Roobanguy posted:

so when is the skill update supposed to come out?

Hard to say. It could be as early as Friday, I guess, but I really sincerely doubt that. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening. I also noticed this bit in a March 21st post about the Mastermind rework:

quote:

About the numbers. They are currently not worked out at all. My main focus is to work on the functionality of all skill we are making, changing and implementing. Having to perform 6 consecutive headshot for 1 bullet is not the intended value. When will complete the pre work for all skill tree and then we will go for a number, incon, text and name pass on all of them. This will be presented before the skill tree rework beta.

Depending on what they're doing, it may be the case that they haven't finalized numbers/don't have icons/etc. And that will, I assume, delay the release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Concordat posted:

Tempest_56 posted:

They do that, but only if the doors on the top level get opened. I've had them wandering the catwalks before.

That's what makes it weird-I hadn't touched the roof doors, and these were civs.