Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Private health insurance helped me get my appendix taken out for the low cost of $200

I considered going to the VA E.R but I'm pretty sure I'd have one of my lungs removed instead of my appendix.

E: VA Snype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Army docs successfully took out my appendix.

18 months after my first appendicitis attack.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

joat mon posted:

Jesus gently caress, did it not rupture? The Surgeon for me was like "weeeeellllll we can probably just watch it but uh it's like a 30 minute procedure so how's about we just cut it out" and had it out in 45 minutes flat *apparently I bled a lot from my tum tum *

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

loving hell I can't electronically transfer my tax poo poo to FAFSA even though I'm copying it down exactly as it is on my taxes. I've tried every variation, the USPS version, hosed with my name, and lots of googling

You can have it mailed online but it sends to the address on file for that year of taxes. Now I have to to go downtown to the IRS office :cripes:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I've been present for suicide risks being told to wait a month to see an "urgent care" counselor; another who was advised by his VA shrink to buy a pistol and go shooting to help with his suicidal ideations; a man with gallstones so big he looked pregnant be shooed away from the ER four times for "drug seeking" after an enema didn't fix him; a man with a broken spine taken off pain meds cold turkey because VA providers get bonuses for not prescribing opiates; and a man with seizures from a TBI being told by the chief of the neurology department that he's just pretending to have crippling seizures and memory issues to get that extra 20% rating.

I can feel it eating away at my soul, yet can't not try to be a force for good within the darkness.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
something something tears in rain something something

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao at anyone who defends VA as an organization

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I've had good experiences.

That said at the higher levels it's extremely corrupt and the quality of care varies drastically from region to region

Welp that's my story thanks

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the VA told me in June of 2012 that my broken wisdom tooth (that the Army said wouldn't ever be an issue :lol:), which was so bad that opening my mouth to speak caused agony, would be seen by a VA dentist in March of 2013. When I explained that my pain was about a 9, with having shrapnel in me at a 6, I got bumped to the emergency waiting list of 20ish days

i called the private dentist 5 minutes away from me and they said to drop everything and come in right the gently caress now, and I had the oral surgeon cutting that fucker out inside of 10 minutes

i then spent the next 9 months fighting with the VA to get the 650 dollar bill reimbursed (it would have been 750 but I opted for considerably less anesthesia)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Always wondered what happens if you have healthcare through the VA and are in a car accident or some poo poo and get transported a non-VA ER? Do they cover the bills in any capacity or?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why the gently caress did Ben-Hur need a remake?!

Looking forward to the inevitable Casablanca remake staring Jennifer Lawrence and Channing Tatum.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If Jennifer Lawrence gets naked I'll watch it.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

ded posted:

If Jennifer Lawrence gets naked I'll watch it.

I'd watch a remake of Star Wars episode I if she was naked in it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

TheQuietWilds posted:

Sounds better than empire :munch:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheQuietWilds posted:

Muted, of course.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Always wondered what happens if you have healthcare through the VA and are in a car accident or some poo poo and get transported a non-VA ER? Do they cover the bills in any capacity or?

In theory, you should be able to use your VA ID card as an insurance card for non-VA care.

In reality, each hospital can dictate its own requirements on distance, pre-authorization, and patient condition. Didn't call from the smoking wreckage of your Mustang before the ambulance arrived to get permission to go to a private ER? SOL. Is there a VA ER within 40 miles? Make do with that. Would the 39-mile ambulance ride kill you? No? Then suck it up and put on clean socks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yes they do cover emergency non-va care, but you have to jump through hoops.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thankfully there's a local ER I've never utilized; I guess I'm just thinking theoretically worst case scenario

I'm not sure how prevalent it is but the local one has a mental health walk-in clinic during business hours which I think is a fantastic idea.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

joat mon posted:

:wtc: When I had appendicitis, the docs weren't 100% sure what it was, so they sent me to the local hospital to have it removed just in case. The surgeon said it was pretty bad.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
i thought i had appendicitis once in afghanistan. but it turns out eating an entire box of fiber one bars in a day will make your stomach hurt really bad.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Just one fiber one has me ready to drop some serious heat. They're really good tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Just one fiber one has me ready to drop some serious heat. They're really good tho

Agreed

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Just remove your own appendix if it bothers you.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Jesus gently caress, did it not rupture? The Surgeon for me was like "weeeeellllll we can probably just watch it but uh it's like a 30 minute procedure so how's about we just cut it out" and had it out in 45 minutes flat *apparently I bled a lot from my tum tum *

Mad Dragon posted:

:wtc: When I had appendicitis, the docs weren't 100% sure what it was, so they sent me to the local hospital to have it removed just in case. The surgeon said it was pretty bad.
It took about a week to 10 days to recover each time, and it came back every 2 to 3 months. It was always a fun day when the pain came back. Chronic appendicitis is apparently a thing, either I was lucky or had strong guts.
First they thought it was constipation, then they thought it was colitis, then they thought it was some rare and incurable condition, then they thought it was psychosomatic, and finally a surgeon at Frankfurt said, "Let's see if it's his appendix, it's not like he needs it" and took it out. She said it was the size of her fist with all the scar tissue.

E: appendixes aren't very dad.
Rubbing one rust out...

Readying the mating surfaces...

The first (experimental) ShopSmith - the one somebody's grandpa got to put in the garage of his new Levittown-esqe house.

First time playing with some wood from a tree I cleared last fall.

A steampunk lightsaber?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 13, 2016

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Can you custom size these to the individual's anus? Or is it one size fits all kinda thing?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Shop smiths are pretty good. My buddy is the president of the regional word workers guild and was a cabinet maker in Germany and has a whole bunch of shop smith equipment. I did some computer work for him awhile back and so he volunteered to make me some cabinets. When we both have time we meet up and have been building them together. We are at the point we're ready to put the doors on it, varnish it and then hang it.

At some point I ought to take some pictures.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Can you custom size these to the individual's anus? Or is it one size fits all kinda thing?

Just send me a mold. I can put some nice leather straps on it too if you think it will help keep him in line.
I might be able to put some stylized balls on it if I offset the horizontal axis?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 13, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Was the first season of Fargo good, or just the second one? And are they watchable as standalone seasons?
I plowed through the OJ show a little too quickly and now I'm left with a free time slot before hitting the hay and I forgot most of the shows I wanted to get into.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty sure corpsman on subs are still trained on how to do the surgery. Last time was like WW2 though

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you all I hit 30 today.

If anything is dad as gently caress, it's hitting that number. Also being a dad and doing dad stuff and realizing it wasn't that loving long ago that I was still single, young, and retarded.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Was the first season of Fargo good, or just the second one? And are they watchable as standalone seasons?
I plowed through the OJ show a little too quickly and now I'm left with a free time slot before hitting the hay and I forgot most of the shows I wanted to get into.

the first season is way better than season 2 because billy bob thorton

the second season is cool too but yeah billy bob can act the poo poo out of a role and hes so goddamn good in Fargo

also the oliver platt storyline was rad as hell

seriously guys watch fargo its such a good goddamn show when it works

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Both are great.
Yes both are fine as standalone seasons but 2 has a few shoutouts to season 1.

Random shows off the top of my head:
A Young Doctor's Notebook (Netflix, period piecey dark/dry comedy)
The Think of It (Hulu, british VEEP-ish political comedy)
Beasts of No Nation (Netflix heavy drama about child solders)
Narcos (Netflix drama about Pablo Escobar and American DEA dudes)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why the gently caress did Ben-Hur need a remake?!

the gods demand another stuntman blood sacrifice

happy burthday mikeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34jC4I1m70

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Happy Birthday, old man!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Pretty sure corpsman on subs are still trained on how to do the surgery. Last time was like WW2 though

The idea of a corpsman being "trained" to do an appendectomy, much less actually having to do one, is hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Quick everyone post your horrible experience with medics/corpsman

(To be fair the ones on subs receive a lot more training as they operate autonomously)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

(To be fair the ones on subs receive a lot more training as they operate autonomously)

reading your posts

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nice!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm just thinking about all of the other medics I went through training with or worked with and how few of them I'd actually trust to do something like that, trained or no.

:drat:

That football bat haircut really has you channeling some of that viking savagery, doesn't it.

• Locked thread