Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

VagueRant posted:

How is that show? The clip they played at the end of the last CBB sounded pretty...bad. I couldn't actualy hear what they were saying over all the sound effects...

I'm enjoying it. The first three episodes are available on the Earwolf Presents podcast feed, even though I thought it was only supposed to be on Howl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

VagueRant posted:

Also legit cracked up at Matt Gourley's surprised "oh I love you too"
How is that show? The clip they played at the end of the last CBB sounded pretty...bad. I couldn't actualy hear what they were saying over all the sound effects...

It's good if you're a fan of Jemaine Clement, I think he's great and so far the podcast is great. It's a radio play, so it's kind of hard to passively listen. Each episode is quite short though so it's not bad during a commute or something when you can just listen.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Well another continuity bogged PFT mess of a show, but it was great to hear a little whittle. Haven't heard that on the show in a while now for some reason.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Why did it take them so goddamn long to introduce Gourley?

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

What the hell is a Motorola One Touch? I honestly cannot find any info about this online.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Lor posted:

What the hell is a Motorola One Touch? I honestly cannot find any info about this online.

Pretty sure they were thinking of/misidentifying push-to-talk functionality offered on a lot of phones; Nextel/Sprint used it as a selling point for years (You may remember this ad that features the PTT chirp around the 18 second mark.) Circa 2005 I witnessed a woman in public using PTT to carry out an extended personal conversation. It was like those people who use their phones by holding them flat, six inches in front of their face, with the speakerphone turned all the way up, only with the added bonus of making a very loud *BE-BEEP* chime every time the other person started talking.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think PFT's laugh at the Motorola PTT is now my favorite.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

That motherfucker slipped a plug in to his plugs theme. That is a baller move, god drat.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Pretty sure they were thinking of/misidentifying push-to-talk functionality offered on a lot of phones; Nextel/Sprint used it as a selling point for years (You may remember this ad that features the PTT chirp around the 18 second mark.) Circa 2005 I witnessed a woman in public using PTT to carry out an extended personal conversation. It was like those people who use their phones by holding them flat, six inches in front of their face, with the speakerphone turned all the way up, only with the added bonus of making a very loud *BE-BEEP* chime every time the other person started talking.

This. It was a beloved function for rednecks that I went to high school with. It turned your cellphone into a walkie-talkie so everybody around you could hear you arguing like truckers.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

When "Where you at?" was the catchphrase of assholes everywhere

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This. It was a beloved function for rednecks that I went to high school with. It turned your cellphone into a walkie-talkie so everybody around you could hear you arguing like truckers.

Some dingus and his pals had one out at a Denny's once, listening in to a mutual friend beat up her boyfriend after he confessed to cheating. They were very loud and laughing cuz it was like "*chirp* YOU MOTHEFUC *slap* *shuffle* FUCKER" etc etc. Then when they realized everyone was staring at them the dingus said "OH I'm SO GLAD we could be entertainment for you all tonight!" sarcastically, like he wasn't the rear end in a top hat or something.

Sucks that Gourley only got to be on the show for like half an hour.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Hey Lydia!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Worlds Have Collided ------ Here come Hayes and Sean

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Hell yeah can't wait to listen to this one.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
This is cool and good imo.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

soggybagel posted:

Worlds Have Collided ------ Here come Hayes and Sean

I'm gonna do it guys

AND ISN'T THAT INTERESTING???

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This games crossover is amazing. Kinda hoping Scott steals the Teaser Freezer from his employees.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
As a big nerd, the phrase 'Game of Thrawns' made me laugh way too hard.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm proud of this slut

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The Berzerker posted:

I'm gonna do it guys

AND ISN'T THAT INTERESTING???

"AAAAAA YOU'RE FUCKIN STUPID

You are so stupid!"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the best part of this episode was when scott refused to believe that paul f tompkins didn't remember the rules of a game on his show.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No, the best part of this episode was when Sean said "Chip chop" and nobody acknowledged it

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

the best part was when they suggested they get rid of the 'gun noises' in the name and call it something calmer like comedy whoooosh nice or w/e it was

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

:doh: oh christ. I'm almost done the Scharpling/Daly episode and I only now realise Jon Daly is doing a character named John Daly and isn't being himself.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

piratepilates posted:

:doh: oh christ. I'm almost done the Scharpling/Daly episode and I only now realise Jon Daly is doing a character named John Daly and isn't being himself.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Is John Daly a real person? Is that what you are telling me?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

No John Daly is more of an overall vibe

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

a pipe smoking dog posted:

he is a force of nature

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Grip it and rip it!

Did anyone catch that special on Friday? It was...really thin. Not many jokes beyond them playing golf poorly. I've been waiting months for it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

Grip it and rip it!

Did anyone catch that special on Friday? It was...really thin. Not many jokes beyond them playing golf poorly. I've been waiting months for it.

lol that sucks to hear, I was looking forward to it too

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Grip it and rip it!

Yeah, the concept of those two pretending to be their pro dopplegangers and actually playing nine holes with no skill was funny, of course, but I definitely expected more given the talent involved. I was also pretty surprised, after the fact, that AS made a relatively big promotional effort for what turned out to be such a weird, low-key affair.

I enjoyed it overall, but I'm kind of biased because my parents are HUGE golfers and I've absorbed a lot of golf media and knowledge through osmosis (The repeated references to Scott's now-illegal long putter made me laugh.)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Holy crap that Heartbeat/Heartbreaker trailer was for a real show and the main character is actually called Pantierre.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

rapeface posted:

Holy crap that Heartbeat/Heartbreaker trailer was for a real show and the main character is actually called Pantierre.

It also has promotional art that reeks of "Do No Harm," which ran for like 3 episodes and was dubbed "Doctor Face-Hands" by PFT

byline: "Operating on her own terms."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

padijun posted:

It also has promotional art that reeks of "Do No Harm," which ran for like 3 episodes and was dubbed "Doctor Face-Hands" by PFT

byline: "Operating on her own terms."

Neither of those have anything on this Night Shift promo art (Another NBC "How do we JAZZ UP the hospital procedural" attempt:)

I had the first episode of Do No Harm on my DVR for a year and a half and never watched it...I was just never ready for it, even ironically. He became evil at the exact same time, every night!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

JethroMcB posted:

Neither of those have anything on this Night Shift promo art (Another NBC "How do we JAZZ UP the hospital procedural" attempt:)

ahahahah I had completely forgotten about that one

I think at this point, NBC owns a hospital and are just using it to shoot 2-3 pilots each year, figuring they throw enough poo poo against the wall, they'll eventually find ER/Clooney 2.0 sticking to it

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

padijun posted:

ahahahah I had completely forgotten about that one

I think at this point, NBC owns a hospital and are just using it to shoot 2-3 pilots each year, figuring they throw enough poo poo against the wall, they'll eventually find ER/Clooney 2.0 sticking to it

Well Scrubs shot out of an abandoned hospital somewhere in LA. I'm pretty confident NBC does actually own a hospital for the express purpose of shooting hospital scenes in it.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
Children's hospital films in the same hospital as scrubs.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

piratepilates posted:

Well Scrubs shot out of an abandoned hospital somewhere in LA. I'm pretty confident NBC does actually own a hospital for the express purpose of shooting hospital scenes in it.

They actually sold that place and Childrens Hospital shot there for a few years :spergin:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arm_Fruit posted:

Children's hospital films in the same hospital as scrubs.

The hospital finally got demolished a couple years ago, which is why Childrens had to go to Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

GoutPatrol posted:

The hospital finally got demolished a couple years ago, which is why Childrens had to go to Japan.
Instead of Brazil, which of course is where they were.