Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Is it my imagination or did the thread tag change for a moment

Multiple times for multiple moments, in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Am I right in thinking there's no way to run a listen server at the moment? Is that going to put a big dent in my LAN plans, given that at the LAN I'll want to play with a bunch of friends and only that bunch of friends?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zephro posted:

Am I right in thinking there's no way to run a listen server at the moment? Is that going to put a big dent in my LAN plans, given that at the LAN I'll want to play with a bunch of friends and only that bunch of friends?

No, there is no listen server support at the moment, this is an unfortunate development, but it is gonna happen in the future according to the developers.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The crossbow stunlocks Fleshpounds, stunlocks Scrakes, and you can do this with the scope.

This weapon is amazing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't tell if that's a weird user map or artifacting on the left side of your screenshot.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I can't tell if that's a weird user map or artifacting on the left side of your screenshot.

100% the former.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Zephro posted:

I exclusively play KF2 on my LAN and run a server on the same PC I play from. PM me if you need help setting one up for yourself, bit I essentially followed the steps at http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_%28Killing_Floor_2%29

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

We play almost exclusively crappy custom maps we've never seen before. I forgot the name of that map but basically the skybox was solid black and the map overlooked an ocean with a missing texture placeholder with a sunset that was also a missing texture placeholder that glowed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117294

they patched versus a little, in tripwire fashion they nerfed the zeds because CLEARLY the zeds are the issue, not the overpowered humans

No nerf to the pulverizer in them either so who gives a poo poo.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 15, 2016

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I only play with lovely pubbies and have yet to see the human side beat the boss in versus so idk, seems reasonable to me.

I think scaling is the issue since level 25s are hilariously overpowered in versus and I can see how a team of 6 L25s could run train on the zeds but lowbies often wipe on the first round.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alteisen posted:

they patched versus a little, in tripwire fashion they nerfed the zeds because CLEARLY the zeds are the issue, not the overpowered humans

No nerf to the pulverizer in them either so who gives a poo poo.

Yeah, I haven't seen a human team ever win either, so my experience has been rather different than yours. Maybe if I was matched against six level 25 berserkers with Pulverizers, Medic Pistols and Desert Eagles things would be different.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen a human team ever win either, so my experience has been rather different than yours. Maybe if I was matched against six level 25 berserkers with Pulverizers, Medic Pistols and Desert Eagles things would be different.

I've watched people do what I can only describe as throwing the game with Patty, it's amazing because Pats pretty clearly meant to wear an enemy team down from range, not get into melee and his lunch money stolen by 4 Berserkers.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Has this game gotten more friendly to solo play in the past half year? Would happily play this as a casual single player arena game whenever I don't feel like putting up with pubs, but lack of solo viability and the uber-slow growth even on hard mode put me off of this game.

So has anything changed?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Morter posted:

So has anything changed?

No, and it's unlikely to ever change. The game is built assuming co-op.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 20, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Morter posted:

Has this game gotten more friendly to solo play in the past half year? Would happily play this as a casual single player arena game whenever I don't feel like putting up with pubs, but lack of solo viability and the uber-slow growth even on hard mode put me off of this game.

So has anything changed?

Not really. It's obvious they're working to capacity. Problem is that updates have been slow, content is pushed out in a weird manner, balance is for stuff nobody wanted. If I play it again, it'll be after a full release, if it happens. It's definitely the game that made me swear off Early Access.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just pulled a zerker, had a husk unload his flamethrower in his face, I'm talking point blank range with a crawler nibbling at him.

He lived.

So yea, gently caress this garbage game mode and gently caress these retarded zed nerfs, you need to make a system that accommodates for perk strength and adjusts player zed strength accordingly because as it stands, 90% of the people still playing this have 25 perks and all it takes is one zerker to poo poo on everything, doesn't even have to be a good zerker either, and if you see 2 medics on the human team, just leave and don't waste your time.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Plan Z posted:

Not really. It's obvious they're working to capacity. Problem is that updates have been slow, content is pushed out in a weird manner, balance is for stuff nobody wanted. If I play it again, it'll be after a full release, if it happens. It's definitely the game that made me swear off Early Access.

How is THIS the game that made you swear off EA?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Stanley Pain posted:

How is THIS the game that made you swear off EA?

Did you ... did you not read the post?

The post which explains why Plan Z is swearing off EA?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

No, and it's unlikely to ever change. The game is built assuming co-op.

Maybe the new Director stuff makes for an easier solo?

az
Dec 2, 2005

Happy first birthday Killing Floor 2, how time has passed. :toot: :wotwot:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Alteisen posted:

I just pulled a zerker, had a husk unload his flamethrower in his face, I'm talking point blank range with a crawler nibbling at him.

He lived.

So yea, gently caress this garbage game mode and gently caress these retarded zed nerfs, you need to make a system that accommodates for perk strength and adjusts player zed strength accordingly because as it stands, 90% of the people still playing this have 25 perks and all it takes is one zerker to poo poo on everything, doesn't even have to be a good zerker either, and if you see 2 medics on the human team, just leave and don't waste your time.

I feel like it would be MUCH more sensible if vs mode automatically shifted your perk level to either 1 or 25 so that the devs could balance things properly instead of trying to account for the huge power differential

Just slapping levels onto the Zed classes (as some in the thread have suggested) would be a step backwards in a game that is already grindy as gently caress for a casual player

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

drat horror queefs posted:

I feel like it would be MUCH more sensible if vs mode automatically shifted your perk level to either 1 or 25 so that the devs could balance things properly instead of trying to account for the huge power differential

Just slapping levels onto the Zed classes (as some in the thread have suggested) would be a step backwards in a game that is already grindy as gently caress for a casual player

Cap perk level based on game difficulty, bam, easy.

Assuming vs has a game difficulty? idk, haven't bothered playing it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Gromit posted:

Maybe the new Director stuff makes for an easier solo?

There's fewer zeds and they hurt a lot less on solo, so it really wasn't unfriendly to playing solo in the first place

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Solo is actually the easiest way to play the game. There are less zeds, syringe heals for double and damage (specially from big zeds) is reduced, some classes are more viable than others, though. You will have a much easier time soloing as a Zerker, Gunslinger or Firebug than as a Demolitionist, for example.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

drat horror queefs posted:

Make load-outs and base stats, there problem solved.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I'm sad they've brought in an unbalanceable competitive mode before finishing the main part of the game that everyone wanted. What with the last update being expensive crates and items they've become a parody of the bad early access releases I trusted them not to become.

Oh well, as far as 'EA, never again' stories, this has been pretty tame. At least they started out with a playable release.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

frozenpeas posted:

I'm sad they've brought in an unbalanceable competitive mode before finishing the main part of the game that everyone wanted. What with the last update being expensive crates and items they've become a parody of the bad early access releases I trusted them not to become.

Oh well, as far as 'EA, never again' stories, this has been pretty tame. At least they started out with a playable release.

Can you post that NK escapee thread?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Psion posted:

Did you ... did you not read the post?

The post which explains why Plan Z is swearing off EA?

I still stand by my question. If this is the game that made them swear off EA I'm glad they didn't try any other EA games.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This isn't even a long dev cycle for an EA game. Sometimes you get a pre-alpha EA and then wait 3+ years for nothing to happen.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This isn't even a long dev cycle for an EA game. Sometimes you get a pre-alpha EA and then wait 3+ years for nothing to happen.

I honestly think that KF2 is an EA game done right.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

I honestly think that KF2 is an EA game done right.

I agree, except for the hats, really. I think they should have done that after release.

Oh well.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Stanley Pain posted:

I still stand by my question. If this is the game that made them swear off EA I'm glad they didn't try any other EA games.

Maybe its because if this is an example of an EA game done right, then EA isn't good enough and should be avoided. Additionally, if this is an EA game done right, then holy gently caress he'll want to avoid the bad ones.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dogstile posted:

Maybe its because if this is an example of an EA game done right, then EA isn't good enough and should be avoided. Additionally, if this is an EA game done right, then holy gently caress he'll want to avoid the bad ones.

If you're a delicate buttercup you should avoid EA games, betas, Indie games in general, some if not all Bethesda titles, etc ;)

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
KF2 is well polished and does what it aims to do, just its content release being glacial. They probably could have pulled it out of EA ages ago if they wanted to, would have been alittle barebones but the core of the game is solid.

If you think this is a bad EA game you have not browsed through the wilderness that is steam.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Skoll posted:

I agree, except for the hats, really. I think they should have done that after release.
Yeah, pretty much. I wonder how that's working out for them so far

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Stanley Pain posted:

If you're a delicate buttercup you should avoid EA games, betas, Indie games in general, some if not all Bethesda titles, etc ;)

This just in, Goon doesn't understand why person disagrees with them, resorts to shitposting. :rolleyes:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Stanley Pain posted:

There were a lot of things that were said on the steam page and elsewhere with regard to the EA plan that have turned out to not just be wrong but drat Wrong and there has been no real explanation as to why or what the actual plan is.

In a lot of ways it is a lot more frustrating than EA fiascos like DF-9 just because it seems pretty clear that the core gameplay could work fantastic and be great if they would make the relatively minor changes they need to. Total scrap heaps are pretty apparent from the get go. Communication and responsiveness have been awful, though, which is a little bizarre and really disappointing from an established studio generally known for paying attention to people.

In short you're being a dork and should cut the poo poo.

Also I am very happy that Skoll got over his last obsession after 2 posts instead of his usual 20. I am pretty sure my poo poo posting helped on this matter. This has encouraged me to do it again next time. Thanks Skoll for being a better poster even if it hurt you to make the change.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

There were a lot of things that were said on the steam page and elsewhere with regard to the EA plan that have turned out to not just be wrong but drat Wrong and there has been no real explanation as to why or what the actual plan is.

In a lot of ways it is a lot more frustrating than EA fiascos like DF-9 just because it seems pretty clear that the core gameplay could work fantastic and be great if they would make the relatively minor changes they need to. Total scrap heaps are pretty apparent from the get go. Communication and responsiveness have been awful, though, which is a little bizarre and really disappointing from an established studio generally known for paying attention to people.

In short you're being a dork and should cut the poo poo.

Also I am very happy that Skoll got over his last obsession after 2 posts instead of his usual 20. I am pretty sure my poo poo posting helped on this matter. This has encouraged me to do it again next time. Thanks Skoll for being a better poster even if it hurt you to make the change.

Eh, sometimes I actually am mellow.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Skoll posted:

Eh, sometimes I actually am mellow.

Can't rage all the time. You'll pop a blood vessel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

quote:

Fixed multiple cases where players can throw off the team balance of a Versus Survival match
Fixed 3D scope weapons getting stuck with low frame rate when unscoped under certain conditions.
Fixed a bug where no UI message was popping up for weapon pickups when player is in current possession of the same weapon with full ammo
Fixed a bug where no UI message was popping up when a player could not pick up a sawblade or bolt
Fixed a bug where the Patriarch’s minigun bullets did not match the direction the fun was facing
Fixed a bug where there was an incorrect interaction message for grenade supplier
Fixed a bug where spectators could vote for the next map in the after action report
Fixed a bug where the Scoreboard was displaying Survival for a Versus Survival match

hooray bugfixes :D

also I'd like to know which way the fun is facing too