Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like Benedicts voice though.. He sounds like hes been through hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mr. stefan posted:

You know, I distinctly remember Feige saying that this wasn't going to be Yet Another loving Origin Story, and yet here we are.

Link or it didn't happen.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

McSpanky posted:

I thought I had, but when I saw Rocky Balboa opening weekend I drat near leapt out of my seat and shouted "COME ON ROCK!" during the final round. For a moment I actually forgot I was watching a movie, which was even more amazing considering that scene came just after a montage. That feeling was transcendent.

I used to get this way over DBZ.

I kinda like it, but I agree we need less inception and more :catdrugs:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

Link or it didn't happen.

99% certain he never said anything of the sort. I'm pretty sure that originated from rumor/speculation by one of the Internet fanboy quasi-journalists (Faraci?) and that the usual game of telephone turned it into official Marvel Studios policy going forward.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

2017's Spider-Man movie is literally subtitled "Homecoming". Get it, get it?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

So between the font of the title here, the high school setting and the suit, they're really really aiming for a Steve Ditko feel for this one.

Mr. A crossover confirmed?

Also Strange looks real dope, I can only imagine at what they still have yet to show us, visually speaking, in that movie.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i like that trailer i'm probably going to like this movie

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yoshifan823 posted:

So between the font of the title here, the high school setting and the suit, they're really really aiming for a Steve Ditko feel for this one.

Mr. A crossover confirmed?

Also Strange looks real dope, I can only imagine at what they still have yet to show us, visually speaking, in that movie.

Hrm, so the Hobgoblin will be the villain?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The MSJ posted:

2017's Spider-Man movie is literally subtitled "Homecoming". Get it, get it?

Well there was a run called Homecoming, maybe they're adapting that storyline?

:goonsay:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordiceius posted:

Hrm, so the Hobgoblin will be the villain?

I've heard Vulture rumblings, which means Malkovich can get the suits he probably had made for Raimi's SM4 out of storage. I wouldn't be surprised to see another villain though, maybe Doc Ock again since ASM never got to it.

edit: They'd better set the first trailer to Kanye's Homecoming. That would make me feel a lot better about this venture.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Freakazoid_ posted:

I kinda like it, but I agree we need less inception and more :catdrugs:

The teaser didn't seem to have any footage of the Dark Dimension scenes (probably because those effects haven't been done yet) but that should be some weirdass poo poo. I'm hoping they crank the Kirby-ness up to 11.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've heard Vulture rumblings, which means Malkovich can get the suits he probably had made for Raimi's SM4 out of storage. I wouldn't be surprised to see another villain though, maybe Doc Ock again since ASM never got to it.

There's a pumpkin right in the logo. I can't see any way that doesn't mean Hobgoblin.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordiceius posted:

There's a pumpkin right in the logo. I can't see any way that doesn't mean Hobgoblin.

That's the Spidey-Signal.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mordiceius posted:

I think that's just a Spidey face and not a pumpkin bomb

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

That's a spidey mask.

E: what those two said ^

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Scyantific posted:

Oh yes this is very much my poo poo. :catdrugs:

Though I am hoping for a little less Inception and a little more Fantasia

It looks similar to Ant-Man's quantum space too

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
so they're definitely doing the robot parents right
I'd enjoy a goofy Spider-Man-More-Like-Spider-Boy movie where he's just like, dealing with highschool??? and his parents JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND but wait they're NOT REALLY YOUR PARENTS
and he beats up an elderly man dressed as a bird

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
That Dr. Strange teaser was the least captivating Marvel trailer since Thor 2.

I'm sure the movie will be great, but Marvel is normally really good at cutting trailers, and this one didn't do much for me. Whoever said "less Inception, more Fantasia" nailed it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I think that's just a Spidey face and not a pumpkin bomb

Yoshifan823 posted:

That's the Spidey-Signal.

Mother fucker. You're right. I didn't look super close, but from afar it looks like a pumpkin bomb.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A lot of that imagery feels like it's from the same scene. Like Cumberbatch leaves his body, has a fever dream, and then says "train me".

If it's not, that's very good editing 

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Well it won't be hard to top the Dr. Strange animated movie which was garbage and boring.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

computer parts posted:

A lot of that imagery feels like it's from the same scene. Like Cumberbatch leaves his body, has a fever dream, and then says "train me".

You can see a large cape on the figure falling in between the bending NYC skyline so that scene is probably not part of whatever sequence that is. Also, I have some knowledge of the production of that sequence and I can somewhat confirm thats not the same scene as well.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahaha what the hell is this?

"Characters talking? gently caress OFF MARVEL!"

There's 'talking' then there's 'spelling out the core conflict, that should be implicit in the structure and events of the movie.' My complaint was fairly specific.

Film is a visual medium.

I really hope this is representative and not the 5 minutes of distinct film the rest of it is wrapped around.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

halokiller posted:

Well it won't be hard to top the Dr. Strange animated movie which was garbage and boring.

But will it top the 1978 TV movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFElwol5P4

Yes. Yes it will.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Deakul posted:

I don't mind because Doctor Strange is, well, pretty loving strange so I'd say he warrants an origin more than most and like that guy up there said... your average movie goer has no clue who he is.
Also, I have no idea what the hell I just watched but I want more.

drat yeah agreed.

I mean it's not even about the average movie goer having no clue since you could say the same thing about Captain Marvel(s) or Cyborg or whoever and I hope they skip over their origins (or at least, gently caress, use non-linear storytelling or flashbacks or something, not the same paint by numbers A->B hero's journey). But Doctor Strange also has the Harry Potter/Narnia/Matrix/Inception factor of him entering a completely loving bizarro magic world. You either need him or like a audience identification character to explain what the hell's going on. It's not like other origin stories where he is just gaining some basic super power while running around the city.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I love when stories do the reveal of the hidden world behind the real, and if that means we get an origin story, so be it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Will Doctor Strange learn the Secret Names of Streets?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

But will it top the 1978 TV movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAFElwol5P4

Yes. Yes it will.

What the gently caress Jessica Walter was in that?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Dr. Strange looked loving badass. I plan to be on many drugs when I see this one.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh man, Tilda Swinton. Gonna be great.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

does anyone think Zack Snyder made a mistake doing Watchmen
yes

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
imo Watchmen is a Good Movie

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Scyantific posted:

Well there was a run called Homecoming, maybe they're adapting that storyline?

:goonsay:

I thought it was called Coming Home? Also brave choice to adapt the JMS run out of the gate if true.

berserker posted:

But is it a Good Watchmen Movie?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I had my doubts but you brought up some great points

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

berserker posted:

A buddy of mine and I were just talking about that movie today. It was a fine movie when it came out, but it came out too soon. If that movie would have been done now, it could have been loving incredible. It was about 8 years before its time.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Sucker Punch is a fantastic series of music videos and game cutscenes. Unironically love the individual scenes.

With Strange, they said he'd be loving around in their version of the quantum realm, so he'll probably be experiencing the effects of the time stone or some poo poo, and we hopefully can get a half decent Doc Manhattan style lost in time/dimensions intercut sort of origin out of it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peyton Reed boldly proclaims that Ant-Man & Wasp will feature a thousand elephants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7HtBi7N80&t=93s

edit:
Warner Bros also showed a Lego Batman footage at Cinemacon. It shows the origin of Robin's costume, which is actually a "Reggae Man" Batsuit but with the pants removed.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 13, 2016

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Looks awesome, but the fact that this is a Marvel movie tempers my excitement quite a bit. First act = :catdrugs:, second and third act = :marvel:?

edit:

Scyantific posted:

And WB confirms the Batfleck solo-film.

Today is a good day.

Star and direct. Aw, hell yeah.

Batham fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 13, 2016

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I'm having a hard time understanding how people can watch this and react with "Eh, it is lighted like looks like Inception."

Not saying that it doesn't, but it also looks loving amazing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

computer parts posted:

They probably only have a very small amount of footage worth showing publicly this early.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I got the feeling that the most Inception-y scene with the three city skylines folding is from the final act. That just looks like the magic equivalent of a doomsday device, and I think it's a nice change that it's about folding space instead of the usual Everything Turns Into Dust thing X-Men: Apocalypse seems to be doing.

• Locked thread